April 25, 2024, 05:41:26 AM

Author Topic: The Mexicans are here...and ready for Connection.  (Read 1554 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
The Mexicans are here...and ready for Connection.
« on: February 11, 2007, 05:08:47 PM »
By: Joel Villafana (ttproleague).
[/size]

Mexican Club Champions Chivas are here and are eager to get the show on the road. The Mexican champion club arrived at the Piarco International Airport just about 9.35 A.M. on Sunday morning ahead of their first leg clash against Trinidad and Tobago’s vibe ct 105 W Connection in the CONCACAF champions cup quarter final round.
The two teams will meet on Tuesday at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella from 8 p.m. before they head to Mexico for the return leg of the home and away series on February 28.
Chivas boasts of having six Mexican national players, in their squad, and according to head coach Jose Manuel De Latorre, who was speaking through a translator, he said the entire squad is Mexican.
“The entire team are all Mexican nationals, we have no foreigners and there are at least about six of our players on the national team,” confirmed the Chivas Head Coach.
“We are well prepared for this encounter and we are eager and ready to get things going,” like his opposite number Stuart Charles Fervier, the Mexican coach admitted he does not know much about W Connection.
“We don’t know much about W Connection, but we have seen some video on them and we were able to see their style of play.”
“I am confident in my team’s ability and I know they will do their best and I believe we can come here and get a positive result ahead of the return match in Mexico,” said the champion Mexican coach.
This will be the first time W Connection will meet Chivas, the Pro League giants met Mexican opposition back in 2004 when they faced Toluca FC, where they battled to a 3-3 draw at home only to be beaten 3-2 in Mexico.
W Connection were recently crowned Caribbean Club Champions after defeating local rivals San Juan Jabloteh 1-0 in the finals, and booked their place among CONCACAF finest club teams in 2007.
Chivas however, has a proud history at the CONCACAF Champions Cup, having appeared five times in the tournament, and boasts of being crowned the first ever CONCACAF club champions back in 1962, their last appearance in the competition was back in 1997 where they were kicked out at the semi-final stage.
Chivas qualified for the 2007 tournament, by winning the 2006 Mexican league, and the Jose Manuel De La Torre coached team is the most successful Mexican club team having won the national league eleven times, the most by any Mexican team.

Mexicans arrive at the Piarco International Airport
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Re: The Mexicans are here...and ready for Connection.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 05:15:30 PM »
Go Connection!! Stay focused, play hard for 90+ mins!!!!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 05:16:13 PM »
This will be the first time W Connection will meet Chivas, the Pro League giants met Mexican opposition back in 2004 when they faced Toluca FC, where they battled to a 3-3 draw at home only to be beaten 3-2 in Mexico.

2004 !!!!! what a joke reporter.... I swear it was 2003 W Connection played Toluca. Do your home work Joel before writing, mistake's will kill your hard work. You should write for the Guardian or Express you will blend right in....  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 05:19:03 PM by Flex »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 05:19:03 PM »

2004 !!!!! what a joke reporter.... I swear it was 2003 W Connection played Toluca. Do your home work Joel before writing, mistake's will kill your hard work. You should write for the Guardian or Express you will blend right in....  :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

nuttin doh pass allyuh boy. forum police in yuh arse
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 05:20:43 PM by Flex »
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 06:57:48 PM »
Fervier expressing confidence ahead of Mexican encounter.
By: James Saunders (ttproleague).
[/size]
According to Fervier he hasn’t had the privilege of reviewing tapes of the Mexican champs but is more concerned about his team who he believes are well prepared, and told ‘ttproleague.com’ the key to the match is sticking to there collective game and everyone staying on the same page with each other.
“It is not the first time we have played Central American opponents”, the coach commented, “We played Toluca last time when we drew 3-3 at home and lost 3-2 away, so our strategy would first of all be to win at home and also to deny them space to play while creating for ourselves.”

[/size]
“We are well prepared for this encounter and we are eager and ready to get things going,” like his opposite number Stuart Charles Fervier, the Mexican coach admitted he does not know much about W Connection.
“We don’t know much about W Connection, but we have seen some video on them and we were able to see their style of play.”
“I am confident in my team’s ability and I know they will do their best and I believe we can come here and get a positive result ahead of the return match in Mexico,” said the champion Mexican coach.

I hate to be criticizing all the time like we trinis love to do, but Fervier was one of the "local" coaches I had a lot of respect for and confidence in, but he let me down here.   I think in the modern game it it the ABSOLUTE VERY LEAST you could do to prepare to meet your opponent in a big game.  And how much harder it would have been for them to get viseo of W connection than for W connection to get video of them.

steups..we play another club team from the same country nearly 4 years ago, so we know what they coming with.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 07:00:27 PM by bounty killer »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 07:50:51 PM »
Fervier expressing confidence ahead of Mexican encounter.
By: James Saunders (ttproleague).
[/size]
According to Fervier he hasn’t had the privilege of reviewing tapes of the Mexican champs but is more concerned about his team who he believes are well prepared, and told ‘ttproleague.com’ the key to the match is sticking to there collective game and everyone staying on the same page with each other.
“It is not the first time we have played Central American opponents”, the coach commented, “We played Toluca last time when we drew 3-3 at home and lost 3-2 away, so our strategy would first of all be to win at home and also to deny them space to play while creating for ourselves.”

[/size]

I hate to be criticizing all the time like we trinis love to do, but Fervier was one of the "local" coaches I had a lot of respect for and confidence in, but he let me down here.   I think in the modern game it it the ABSOLUTE VERY LEAST you could do to prepare to meet your opponent in a big game.  And how much harder it would have been for them to get viseo of W connection than for W connection to get video of them.

steups..we play another club team from the same country nearly 4 years ago, so we know what they coming with.

Dat real surprise me.  Like he sufferin from Bertilleitis.

Me eh know wha does go on wit dese coaches nah.  And den have nerve to say nobody does give dem a chance or people doh like dem because dem from Tobago.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 08:02:30 PM »
lawd fadda

dat go come like watchin de T&T vs CRC game
go be de same result...

1]; } ?>