April 29, 2024, 12:31:31 AM

Author Topic: Another Day of Football Bacchannal - Ronaldinho, Robinho, Eto, etc.  (Read 4677 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
soap opera. why big man cyah talk to each other?

Eto'o critical of Barcelona coach Rijkaard

MADRID, Feb 13 (Reuters) - Samuel Eto'o has hit out at Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard for saying the striker refused to come on as a substitute in Sunday's 2-0 victory over Racing Santander.

"Telling a news conference I didn't want to play is the behaviour of a bad person," the Cameroon international told reporters on Tuesday.

"They can say what they want but I've always met my obligations to my team mates. If you want to know what really happened you should ask Rijkaard."

The Dutch coach asked Eto'o, who recently returned after four months out with a knee injury, to come on in the closing minutes at the Nou Camp but the striker rejected the request.

"Eto'o warmed up but afterwards told (assistant coach) Eusebio he did not want to come on," said Rijkaard after the game.

"I think it's a shame because every minute, every moment, can be important...I haven't spoken with him but I'm always prepared to talk to the players."

Eto'o, whose outspoken comments have landed him in trouble in the past, said the incident had been built up in the media by opponents of Barcelona president Joan Laporta. "I've found myself in the middle of a war which isn't mine," he said. "There are two groups in Barcelona and I'm the one taking the flak.

"I don't have to give any explanations to anyone. I will only give an explanation to the club if they ask me to."

Eto'o lashes out at Rijkaard, Ronaldinho

AFP
February 13, 2007

MADRID (AFP) - Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o has lashed out at coach Frank Rijkaard for saying he did not want to play for the club and team-mate Ronaldinho for saying he should be more of a team player.

The Cameroon player's comments come after Rijkaard accused him of not wanting to take to the pitch as a replacement during Barcelona's 2-0 win over Racing Santander on Sunday.

"To go into the press room and say that I didn't want to play is dishonest," Eto'o said Tuesday.

Eto'o then took aim at Ronaldinho for suggesting after Sunday's match that he should think more about the team.

"There are two groups at Barcelona, one of the president and the other linked to another person.

"If a team-mate says that you must think of the team, it's up to him to think of the team. Personally I always think first about the group and then money. That is what hurt me most," he said.

Robinho 'unhappy' at Real Madrid

AFP
February 13, 2007

MADRID (AFP) - Brazilian striker Robinho said he was unhappy at Real Madrid, accusing Fabio Capello, the coach of the Spanish giants, of not having confidence in him.

"I'm not happy. Capello doesn't have confidence in my football," Robinho told a press conference here Tuesday.

The Brazil international said that Capello had not given him any explanations for his recent non-selection, adding that he "still wanted to play at Real Madrid and stay here a long time".

The 23-year-old also said that compatriot Ronaldo had wanted to stay with Real Madrid.

"But the coach didn't want to keep him and he had to leave for Milan."

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Another Day of Football Bacchannal - Ronaldinho, Robinho, Eto, etc.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 12:16:34 PM »
5 mins is ok for the young players who deperate for mins but not for Eto'o.
And iz not about ego it is about purpose.
Wha Rijkaard want Eto'o to do in 5 mins?  They were already winning.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 12:29:57 PM »
but Rijkaard telling de truth...Eto'o didn't want to play

Rijkaard could have been looking out for his best interests since he now come back from the injury and all. For all de skill he have, Eto'o still have some growing up to do...he does get on immature sometimes.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 12:44:13 PM »
Eto'o meant that he wanted to play, but not for 5 mins :)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 12:51:27 PM »

He now come back from injury, he should take whatever cobo sweat he get...I sure he know he will be playing regular again  :beermug:

Offline labi

• New Warrior
  • AKINLABINHO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 12:59:44 PM »
i think its abt time robinho realise that real madrid is the club recently known for ending players career

???1.RAUL- King of madrid started off hot and sweaty and now is a total shame 2 watch...shud neva be the cap with such poor performance
 :-[2.Ronaldo - Has been able 2 prove himself at the world stage but not at club level..or shud i say real madrid level..goin 2 milan is his smartest choice
 :-\3.Casano - wasnt the best of strikers but was vital to his privious team, real madrid however didn't make much of him rather than lower his value now in the transfer market
 :-X4.Beckham-..well madrid was a playboy contract for him, still felt if he was elsewhere wud of produced much more..i glad he get a new playboy contract
 :(5.Guti- at madrid i watch him as a nobody..but dont get me wrong..he is a special player..needs 2 get out of the shit house!!
 :'(6.Zidane- felt if he was playing some where else he wud of been playing still..4 yrs without silver wear..thats frustratin
  :'(:o7.ROBINHO(young pele)- IS ONE OF D BEST MADRID HAS N DOESNT USE..HE's TOO YOUNG AT THIS TIME OF HIS CAREER 2 BE SITTIN ON THE BENCH..recently has have on and off games and i blame that on the team..he has look better than raul on his worst day and yet still is left on the bench..HE IS BETTER SOME WHERE ELSE..I AM BEGGIN THAT SPECIAL TALENTED YOUTH 2 LEAVE!!!

there are many more players who carrer has got worst or not far from there yet..i too tired 2 type all ah them..but for example woodgate,owen,diara etc...i must say as well..I HATE THAT COACH!!.he HAS A ATTACKIN TEAM PLAYIN A DEFENSIVE GAME...
!!!! SRY REAL MADRID FANS..ITS JUS THE SIMPLE TRUTH!!!!!..I WAS A REAL FAN..NOW I'M TOTAL BARCA..LABINHO
akinlabinho

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 01:00:44 PM »

What the a$$ is this? He getting payed to play, what ever time he get, he get payed for that, not for he damn ego! The colours of the team is more important than the name on the shirt!

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 01:06:29 PM »

What the a$$ is this? He getting payed to play, what ever time he get, he get payed for that, not for he damn ego! The colours of the team is more important than the name on the shirt!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 01:26:05 PM »
Well before ah start....All fuh de Robinho tuh Barcelona campaign say I.....IIIII!! :thumbsup:

Anyway me eh come tuh defend muh boi Eto'o but before allyuh buss up allyuh beak...make sure and find out wuh is de scene with he and schupid man Rijkaard first.....doh jus assume that de man didn't want tuh get ah 2 mins sweat and tra-lalla-lala...make sure and get concrete info first!!

EEEasy!!
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 01:38:51 PM »
5 mins is ok for the young players who deperate for mins but not for Eto'o.
And iz not about ego it is about purpose.
Wha Rijkaard want Eto'o to do in 5 mins?  They were already winning.

nah boss..the man now coming back from a long term injury and not match fit. It is normal to get eased back into games no matter how good you are. Without knowing the full story, I have to say Eto'o' attitude is still immature and unprofessional. Plus, Eto'o real bumping his gums and eh give no reason yet, so he not helping his cause..instead he choosing to insult and alienate. very productive  ??? Notice how cool Rijkaard handle it..he say lemme sleep on it and in the morning Eto'o will get a chance to explain himself. He tell teh press he not jumping to no conclusions (just like Breezers say)...is Eto'o kinda making a mess of this whole situation

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 02:29:36 PM »
Eto'o boy, we would LOVE to have you at Chelsea. 
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 02:59:04 PM »

So how does it benefit the team to bring him on for 5 mins?

To Sobriquet, how is he goin to get match fit in 5 mins?

But he shouldn't be makin those comments in the press.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 03:11:17 PM »

It Rijkaard saw it fit to bring him on for 5 mins - for whatever tactical reasons - that is how it benefit the team. Even if dat 5 mins was for Eto'o to start getting match fit again....the team benefitting in the long run with a fit Eto'o. Is 5 minutes yeah...but one step at a time I suppose. Playing time will increase as fitness progresses.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 04:13:00 PM »
Laporta seems to be siding with Eto'o.  have plenty more going on behind the scenes.

Laporta denies That Eto'o refused to play

MADRID, Spain (AP) - FC Barcelona president Joan Laporta denied Samuel Eto'o had refused to play last Sunday, saying the striker opted out for physical reasons.

"His knee needs time to warm up and he didn't have enough time. He preferred to be careful," Laporta was quoted as saying by the Web site of sports daily Marca. "He didn't do anything inappropriate or wrong. There is no way it can be deduced that Eto'o refused to play soccer for Barcelona."

The Cameroon striker wouldn't leave the bench after assistant coach Eusebio Sacristan instructed him to prepare to enter as a late substitute in Barcelona's 2-0 league win over Racing Santander at Camp Nou stadium.

Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard, visibly irritated during Sunday's post-match news conference, described the striker's refusal as "a shame."

Rijkaard is reportedly still awaiting an apology from Eto'o.

Eto'o had been expected to offer Rijkaard an explanation of his behavior at Monday's training. Instead, he stayed in the club gymnasium, apparently because of a painful knee, El Pais reported Tuesday.

Rijkaard is likely to decide what action to take after he has spoken to the player. Eto'o risks being fined or even dropped from Barcelona's squad for next Sunday's Spanish league game at Valencia.

However, Laporta implied a punishment wouldn't be necessary.

"When he speaks to Frank it will all be cleared up," said Laporta, who spoke to Eto'o on Monday. "Rijkaard is a master when it comes to solving this type of thing."

Eto'o has only recently returned from a four-month absence following a serious right knee injury he picked up in a Champions League match at Werder Bremen.

The 26-year-old striker reappeared for five minutes at the end of Barcelona's 0-0 draw with Osasuna on Feb. 4 and reportedly felt he deserved more time on the field Sunday. But Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes said that Eto'o needed to be patient.

"He has a strong personality and he's very keen to play and that's understandable. But he has to take things slowly," Valdes said.

The rift with Eto'o has arisen at a bad time for Barcelona, which continues its Champions League title defense next week in the first leg of the second round against Liverpool.

Barcelona is also aiming to retain its Spanish title and lift the Copa del Rey for the first time since 1998. The team has a three-point lead in the league but is a goal down against Zaragoza after the first leg of the quarterfinals in Spain's knockout competition.

Eto'o has scored 68 goals for Barcelona since arriving from Mallorca in 2004. He has been voted Africa's top player for the last three years and finished third in the FIFA world player award of 2005.

In May 2005, the striker was fined €12,000 (US$15,629) by the Spanish soccer federation for insulting former club Real Madrid during Barcelona's title celebrations.

A year ago, he threatened to walk off the field during Barcelona's game at Zaragoza after being racially taunted by home supporters.

RTE Sports

Samuel Eto'o has lifted the lid on a potentially devastating rift within the Barcelona ranks while rejecting manager Frank Rijkaard's claims he refused to play in Sunday's 2-0 win over Racing Santander.

Eto'o is just returning to full fitness after a serious knee injury and had been expected to play some part, but did not enter the contest with five minutes remaining when Rijkaard was ready to field him.

Having played the last five minutes against Osasuna with barely a touch of the ball, Eto'o was seen warming up at the Nou Camp last weekend looking somewhat perturbed and was not sent on as a substitute.

A journalist asked Rijkaard after the game why the prolific hitman had not played, and Rijkaard replied that Eto'o had not wanted to play. He said: 'He didn't want to come on,' and added 'it was a shame.'

According to reports in Spain, Eto'o did not attend training yesterday and today he spoke to the media.

'Whoever came out in a press conference and said I refused to play is a bad person,' Eto'o fumed. 'I've always thought about the group (first) and I've always trained with the group. If anybody has balls, they should tell it to me face-to-face.'

Barcelona president Joan Laporta spoke to reporters and said Eto'o had expected to play 15 minutes of the game.

Laporta claimed Eto'o had not done anything wrong, saying the player merely was not warmed up sufficiently and ready to enter the game.

Meanwhile, Eto'o claimed today there were serious problems between two groups of players at Barcelona.

'There's a division in the changing room between two clans, one who supports the president Joan Laporta, the other who supports the (former vice-president) Sandro Rosell,' he said.

Rosell, who had headed up sportswear giants Nike in South America, helped lure players like Ronaldinho and Deco to Barcelona but was eventually forced out of the club after a disagreement with long-term friend Laporta.

'This is not my war, this is a war. I'm in the middle of a war between two people and I'm the one who is taking all the punishment. But I will return and return to play.'

As well as criticising Rijkaard's comments he also spoke about comments reportedly made by Ronaldinho: 'If a player comes out and says I should think about the group, then he should think about the group.'

The rift between Laporta and Rosell was a badly-kept secret stemming from the president's preference to listen to the advice of former Barca manager Johan Cruyff rather than his vice-president.

However, Eto'o's comments reveal for the first time that the rift - between 'Laporta players' and 'Rosell players' (the South American contingent including Ronaldinho and Deco) - extends to the players' dressing room.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 04:18:47 PM by daryn »

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 04:28:17 PM »
on one hand, i feel the media trying to blow this up to sell more papers. on the other hand, i remember well a few seasons ago when etoo bawl "Madrid ca^%$, saluda al campeon" after barca had won the championship, an act which led to him being vilified by the spanish press and led to a subsequent apology on his part...i say all this to say that sometimes his mouth gets going before his brain. 
if indeed the story about the "laporta rossello" rift is true, the team sure plays some beautiful football for a team with a fractious environment.

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 04:57:33 PM »
ANY PERSON who feel that at PRESENT...saviola isnt or wasnt doing enough to make eto'o fight for he place WAS watching d barcelona from ecuador team and not the LA LIGA team

did saha complain coming back form a shorter injury than eto'o when a loan signing strt to prop him on d bench.....

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 05:34:49 PM »

Watch more football matches!   ;)  Five minutes is more than ample time for any "striker" to leave his mark on the game! Football is 90mins and 3 subs, at anytime the gaffer can call you up if you leading by 1 or by 10. However this kinda a statements reflect an egotistical player, since he is coming back to the game.

Personally he feel he should get sweat. If he was some academy player if he got 1 minute he woulda be happy to accept the sub on! Is he too big for a corbeau sweat is my real question. Then send his arse to Chelski! It have enough ah them players dey!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 06:16:04 PM »
dctrini like yuh forget that the colours of the team is more important?  Who cares if a striker come on and score? 
3 pts was already in de bag. 

For all we know Rijkaard tryin to f**k him up with a 5 mins.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2007, 06:24:39 PM »
dctrini like yuh forget that the colours of the team is more important?  Who cares if a striker come on and score? 
3 pts was already in de bag. 

For all we know Rijkaard tryin to f**k him up with a 5 mins.

Peong i just messing with yuh bredda! I hate all dem spanish teams I supporting Man u for over 20years now. I really doh care if he come on early or late, but he shoulda come on. I would hate to see him end up like Owen, not completely match fit and do something even more career treatening!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2007, 06:41:59 PM »
Etoo dissapoint me dey. Take yuh 5 minutes and get ease back into the game. A knee injury is a real ticklish issue. Plus these backdoor politics affect the teams performance....and it eh like a lot not at stake. Ah boy.

Robinho...need to run from madrid. Capello eh go utilize him as he needs to....and real track record is that often youths are not given a chance. At this stage in his career he need to be playin as much as he can. Plus how capello seem petty.......such as benching beckham as soon as he heard bout the transfer...then having to humble and becks score on his return.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2007, 07:37:34 PM »
Eto is a professional and he should act like one. He is coming back from injury and he should accept the transition.

Capello lost the plot at Madrid. All of a sudden he bring back Beckham after he said no way he don't want him. Now is robinho turn to take heat. Capello using players as scape goat. up to now he cannot find a settled side.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2007, 07:40:14 PM »
But like nobody aint focusing on de reason Eto give de Bossman. De man claims dat coming from a knee injury he would rather get dat bad knee warm before going right into a game. For anyone who has had or have a knee issue (i do) i can fully appreciate de man's position. Think about it.
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>