April 27, 2024, 07:55:25 AM

Author Topic: Lucky Connection.  (Read 12964 times)

Offline Trini-Warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Lucky Connection.
« on: February 13, 2007, 09:44:25 PM »
I attended the game and i must say this was one of the most one sided games I've seen for a long while.  Chivas totally dominated the game and should have won comfortably. The level of their passing game was a sight to behold. So much so that for much of the second half even though Connection were only one goal down, they seemed resigned to accept defeat to a better side. They chased shadows for most of the game and seemed clueless about making a few consecutive passes much less threaten the Chivas goal. Trinidad football is just not ready for that high level of football. Pacheco, Toussaint and most of the Connection teamed looked dam shitty. I also attended their game against the Hatian club in which these players looked liked great prospects. It just shows the gulf between the level of football.

That said, it's goals that win matches and Connection's best player Earl Jean got one and Seabra also. Seabra, even though much too slow still has better touches than most of the other Connection players. Connection was very very lucky and can only hope that lightning strikes twice in Mexico. There is simply nothing to compare - it's boys against men.

Don't let the result fool you, our football has a long long way to go. It looked worst than the T&T vs C.R. game ( ten men or not).
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 05:37:32 AM by Flex »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lucky Connection
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 09:50:49 PM »
Goals win matches.  ;D ;D ;D (You can't deny that)

What Trinidad football has grown. We have a country where players have plied their trade all over the world. We made it to the World Cup and damn held our own, now Connection did that. So what!

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 09:50:55 PM »
 Whats your point buddy?....They still win...Yuh could play Brazil brand and doh score goals and will lose every game...I could remember when teams used to say Boring Boring Chelsea...but they used to win...Goals win matches buddy...Mexico have 6 World Cup players and play a team with drastically less resources than Chivas and win :rotfl: On any grounds is a win...Goals win Matches

stepray

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 09:51:07 PM »
You obviously did not see the same game I saw. And when did Connection play a haitian team. You obviously were intoxicated. get your facts right.
well I glad a shitty side beat a class side, at the end of the day it is Connection 2 Chivas 1.
This team showed character to come from one down with ten men to beat a class side like Chivas. Well if this shit I prefer to be shitty every day.
You are the shitty one.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 09:51:27 PM »
I attended the game and i must say this was one of the most one sided games I've seen for a long while.  Chivas totally dominated the game and should have won comfortably. The level of their passing game was a sight to behold. So much so that for much of the second half even though Connection were only one goal down, they seemed resigned to accept defeat to a better side. They chased shadows for most of the game and seemed clueless about making a few consecutive passes much less threaten the Chivas goal. Trinidad football is just not ready for that high level of football. Pacheco, Toussaint and most of the Connection teamed looked dam shitty. I also attended their game against the Hatian club in which these players looked liked great prospects. It just shows the gulf between the level of football.

That said, it's goals that win matches and Connection's best player Earl Jean got one and Seabra also. Seabra, even though much too slow still has better touches than most of the other Connection players. Connection was very very lucky and can only hope that lightning strikes twice in Mexico. There is simply nothing to compare - it's boys against men.

Don't let the result fool you, our football has a long long way to go. It looked worst than the T&T vs C.R. game ( ten men or not).

Sorry to hear that. We will all be analyzing in a few minutes
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Warlord

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 09:55:08 PM »

I will wait to see video footage before forming an opinion. Sometimes you need that extra bit of luck and maybe Connection got it tonite, but I don't think they're half as bad as you seem to think. Did you ever stop to think that maybe they had an off night? Who knows what their capabilities are. For them to beat Chivas should say something about the grit and determination of the players after having the GK sent off.
"I love to see my people living in love, hate to see dem fighting and swimming in blood."

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 09:57:46 PM »
Whats your point buddy?....They still win...Yuh could play Brazil brand and doh score goals and will lose every game...I could remember when teams used to say Boring Boring Chelsea...but they used to win...Goals win matches buddy...Mexico have 6 World Cup players and play a team with drastically less resources than Chivas and win :rotfl: On any grounds is a win...Goals win Matches

:wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Offline Trini-Warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 10:03:07 PM »
Fellas i just call a spade a spade. I love the warriors and trinidad. I attend most of their games. However sometimes it's not the scoreline that matters. When Charles was T&T coach I saw Trinidad play the best brand of football since the strike squad. You could have seen that the team was developing along the right line, playing attractive positive football; great passing game. However the results weren't coming as yet so he was fired. i don't consider results too much when looking at development. Congrats to Connection on a win but it was very very lucky. Hope the best for them in Mexico, would love to see trini side advance but that from my perspective seems very very very difficult.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 10:06:23 PM »
 Trini Warrior you rel stupid boy...I think everyone will agree with me...W-Conection win the game but had a man down....And wait not only that! they come from a goal down and show character to win...You fighting that?! Trini warrior is a rel jackass boy... The Better team WIN on the day buddy

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 10:09:18 PM »
As de sayin goes...."it's better tuh be lucky dan good"

Congratz W...very good victory against ah Big Big team..so we all know dat was de easier of the two legs....so hopefully W could spend ah few days in Mexicco before de return leg tuh adjust tuh de atmospere and lewweh try to get ah good result.....
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Trini-Warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 10:09:36 PM »
Most of the players did not show grit and determination. I saw on their faces absolutely no confidence and a look of resignation. Much of the crowd where i was sitting (not me) were ridiculing the players inept display. I really do hope this was an off night. Jean, Seabra, the Brazilian left back and the small islander in the defence were the only ones that seemed willing to fight. Fellas these fellas for most of the game could not make three passes in a row.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 10:15:37 PM »
Most of the players did not show grit and determination. I saw on their faces absolutely no confidence and a look of resignation. Much of the crowd where i was sitting (not me) were ridiculing the players inept display. I really do hope this was an off night. Jean, Seabra, the Brazilian left back and the small islander in the defence were the only ones that seemed willing to fight. Fellas these fellas for most of the game could not make three passes in a row.

One question for you .....would u rather we had string more passes together and loss the game......IF yuh answer is YES something wrong with yuh...

Warrior For Life !!

Offline Trini-Warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 10:17:24 PM »
All who talking didn't see the game but want to call  people stupid. Connection deserves congratulations on a victory but when you are looking at where Trinidad club football is, based on what i saw we way behind. I never agreed with Wim, I argued what about Toussaint and Pacheco, we have class acts, is just that Wim not looking. However, after tonights game, I must say that currently these guys are not ready and have real work to do.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 10:21:31 PM »
Trinidad's W Connection upsets Mexico's Chivas
The Associated PressPublished: February 13, 2007

MARABELLA, Trinidad: Late goals from Jose Luis Seabra and Earl Jean gave 10-man W Connection a surprising 2-1 win over Mexico's Chivas in a CONCACAF Champions Cup first-leg quarterfinal on Tuesday.

Caribbean champion Connection was expected to struggle against the 11-time Mexican champ. After 19 minutes it seemed doomed when Trinidad and Tobago international goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams saved a shot from striker Sergio Santana outside the area, earning him an automatic red card.

But Chivas didn't score until the 60th when Mexico international Omar Bravo headed in a left cross at Manny Ramjohn Stadium.

Connection skipper Jean replied with a looping header in the 78th to equalize, then the inexperienced Trinidadian side stunned Chivas eight minutes later when Seabra was found in space on the left edge of the box and he thumped an unstoppable low drive past Chivas keeper Ernesto Michel.

Connection will take its advantage into the return leg at Jalisco Stadium in Guadalajara on Feb. 28.

Today in Sports
 Soccer: Scouting for talent around the globe Doping chief rebuked in Lance Armstrong case At 37, a Swede's long wait ends

Offline Trini-Warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 10:24:54 PM »
I will end by saying yes a win is a win in a tournament like this. i real happy for the result. But if you are looking long term or development, i am sad because Connection given another ten chances against Chivas  cannot repeat the result. I am a Trini to the bone and who have a problem with what i say GO SUCK YUHSELF. Real people does talk football and eh Know football or kick a lime in dey life!!!

stepray

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 10:27:26 PM »
hello Connection, played a side with 6 experienced  national Mexico team players and Connection players for the most part were a young team. The keeper Beckles (Trini) is 20 years old. Hector (Trini) 21 years, Pacheco (Trini) 21, Dwight Scott (Trini)  21, Drayton (Trini) 20, Thomas (Ice) (Trini) 24 , Toussaint (Trini) 24, Viveros (Colombian) 17, William Oliveira (Brazilian) 22. The older players were Seabra & Goulart (Brazilians), Jean & Joseph (St. Lucians).
So pray tell me why not just applaud the guys, instead of calling them shitty. Typical Trini, just criticising. I wonder if this shitty side had been beaten 5 - 0 by this class side. Would you have said that they were unlucky. I wonder, wonder, wonder.
CONNECTION CONTINUE TO PLAY SHITTY & WIN ALL THE TIME.
I saw Chivas Coach after the game & he was devastated, try telling him that a shitty side beat him with ten men from a goal down. He would have told you you are the shithound.
yOU SAY THE GUYS didn't play with grit & determination, what more did you want.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 10:29:47 PM »
I will end by saying yes a win is a win in a tournament like this. i real happy for the result. But if you are looking long term or development, i am sad because Connection given another ten chances against Chivas cannot repeat the result.
i have to agree with most of your intitial post..and the above post cleared it up for the others to understand better hopefully
allyuh fellas shouldnt knock trini-warrior for givign his view
its the same thing i was saying during Digicel Cup..just cause Glasgow end up top scorer or the team make the final, that doesnt make them good.
some people like to see a result at all costs.
Luck is run out at the most inopportune time..remember that people
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

stepray

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 10:31:39 PM »
I wonder if you ever kick a lime in your life. I was front row & I was proud , Connection represented T & T well & I am proud of them.
LET"S GO CONNECTION & PROVE THESE DOUBTING THOMASES WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2007, 10:32:38 PM »
All who talking didn't see the game but want to call  people stupid. Connection deserves congratulations on a victory but when you are looking at where Trinidad club football is, based on what i saw we way behind. I never agreed with Wim, I argued what about Toussaint and Pacheco, we have class acts, is just that Wim not looking. However, after tonights game, I must say that currently these guys are not ready and have real work to do.

Boss, yuh timin off.

Side win, most people doh care HOW dey play, as long as dey win.  

DE RESULT IS ALL DAT MATTERS,  Daz what most people suscribe to.

It doh matter if they likely to get 6 in de return leg if dey play de same way.  Most people doh see beyond dat.  Doh look at performance.

Wait.....yuh mean it have a return leg?  In Mexico?

Too bad dis wasn't a one leg qualification knockout at home like de games dey play to get to dis stage.

I feel yuh heart in de right place and yuh jes callin it as yuh see it but yuh timin (right after dey win) and choice of words lil suspeck.

Ah tink yuh play down de FACT dat W Connection play wit 10 men fuh 75 minutes and still went on to beat one of de best club teams in CONCACAF.  Dat in itself is something to be proud of, I doubt many other Caribbean club teams have accomplished something similar, and something yuh cyah take away from dem no matter how outplayed they were.

Respeck still because I see where yuh comin from.  :beermug:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 10:35:08 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2007, 10:49:12 PM »

Boss, yuh timin off.

Side win, most people doh care HOW dey play, as long as dey win.  

DE RESULT IS ALL DAT MATTERS,  Daz what most people suscribe to.

It doh matter if they likely to get 6 in de return leg if dey play de same way.  Most people doh see beyond dat.  Doh look at performance.

Wait.....yuh mean it have a return leg?  In Mexico?

Too bad dis wasn't a one leg qualification knockout at home like de games dey play to get to dis stage.

I feel yuh heart in de right place and yuh jes callin it as yuh see it but yuh timin (right after dey win) and choice of words lil suspeck.

Ah tink yuh play down de FACT dat W Connection play wit 10 men fuh 75 minutes and still went on to beat one of de best club teams in CONCACAF.  Dat in itself is something to be proud of, I doubt many other Caribbean club teams have accomplished something similar, and something yuh cyah take away from dem no matter how outplayed they were.

Respeck still because I see where yuh comin from.  :beermug:

Classy piece ah philosophy dey by palos and well crafted and balanced statement too. Well said.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad's W Connection upsets Mexico's Chivas.
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2007, 10:56:10 PM »
doh study dem men too much trini warrior, I see what yuh saying...and you give a good description of what you see (I too was real impressed when I really sit down and watch top mexican flowing football...beautiful), but as the yanks saying now and Connection coach say - goals win matches and yuh cyah call a side shitty who win.  That in itself is a skill that few master and must be commended.
good luck to the W in te return leg!

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2007, 11:11:44 PM »
Too bad I wasn't there. Agreed at palos.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2007, 11:12:06 PM »
doh study dem men too much trini warrior, I see what yuh saying...and you give a good description of what you see (I too was real impressed when I really sit down and watch top mexican flowing football...beautiful), but as the yanks saying now and Connection coach say - goals win matches and yuh cyah call a side shitty who win.  That in itself is a skill that few master and must be commended.
good luck to the W in te return leg!

Ah tired tell allyuh, we (us particularly) does always match up good against Mexico and any Mexican team. Yuh know why?... dah beautifull flowing football with plenty touches that allyuh like to admire is a game that we master a long time ago. It's called SMALL GOAL. Dem perfect de art on a big field and we does play it fuh de hell ah it in every road in Trini. Thats why on any given day, ah Trini team could give a Mexican team a run fuh dey money. PLUS, dem doh have instinctive dribblers like we have(or at least used to anyways) to make dat brand ah ball really work. Their game is devoid of instinct. If Connection lose on the return it will be because of fitness. Thats all.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2007, 11:31:43 PM »

his point is that they very likely will not get away with it in the second leg... yes it was ah win... but de man is informin us of what is de real case... and i appriciate it... I will brace for ah heavy loss in mexico and hope for the best...
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2007, 11:41:09 PM »
Trini-Warrior...to yuh point......fine!.. in your opinion we play shitty...but in the same vein u say we should get better cause we not ready for this level of football ??
We cyah get better by simply playin local clubs... we have to play big clubs wtih a high std of football...like Chivas !...corrreck !!...and now we get a chance to possibly move on to the next round and at the same time make sure that Chivas bring their A-game when they go home as they have something to prove....Doesn't all that make for more experince for our local club to raise the std of football to the level yuh talkin bout  !
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2007, 12:01:14 AM »

Luck is run out at the most inopportune time..remember that people

Hey boy i agree with you.  But remember Luck is when Opportunity meets Preparation.  even though W must luck weak it seems like they did the right things when needed.  Because I know Chivas ent given out free goals.  Remember when we used to play all over side.  Hit man beats and thing?  And then the next side score a basic header from a basic cross and we lose.  The presha on Chivas now.

God the see the board still on fire been gone a while.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2007, 12:34:03 AM »
I attended the game and i must say this was one of the most one sided games I've seen for a long while. Chivas totally dominated the game and should have won comfortably. The level of their passing game was a sight to behold. So much so that for much of the second half even though Connection were only one goal down, they seemed resigned to accept defeat to a better side. They chased shadows for most of the game and seemed clueless about making a few consecutive passes much less threaten the Chivas goal. Trinidad football is just not ready for that high level of football. Pacheco, Toussaint and most of the Connection teamed looked dam shitty. I also attended their game against the Hatian club in which these players looked liked great prospects. It just shows the gulf between the level of football.

Thanks fuh de assessment. Much appreciated!!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2007, 03:42:49 AM »
Trini Warrior I fuh one appreciate you taking the time to make yuh post and express your impressions of what you saw.

Strictly speaking a win is a win and I guess what you were trying to say is that don't be surprised if WC get plenty goals when they play the return game.
I guess you were just real upset with the poor level of football you saw when compared  to the Mexicans.

Remember when I think was Jabloteh or Joe Public  beat  DC or some other MLS team here and end up getting 6 on the return leg ?
Sounds like we could be heading for a similar result.
Ah want de woman on de bass

stepray

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2007, 04:32:26 AM »
O doubting Thomases. I see the same thing happening. remember everyone had given up on the Soca Warriors, then all of asudden, everyone on board.
Plenty of us were expecting to get plenty cut arse in Germany from Sweden, England & paraguay. But wha happen.
Everybody then forget that and all of a sudden the Warriors were boss & we were all happy.
Here now we already saying Connection go get plenty licks in Mexico. O gawd man.
I feel wha happen to all you is that you all were expecting Chivas to walk all over Connection, & since that ent happen all you vex.
Do you think if Connection was the class team & Chivas the underdogs & the same thing had happened that Chivas country men would be berating them, & calling them shitty & saying is luck and that they go get licks on the return leg.
No way they would be hailing their team & looking forward to the next leg & giving the guys hope.
Trinis just cah give jack his jacket!!!!!!!!!!!. (No pun intended)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2007, 05:08:39 AM »
waay, wha really wrong with some of allyuh dread?

A man who went the game come and post his personal opinion about the game, and allyuh want to crucify him.

That time of the month again?

Maybe the timing was a little off according to palos, but each and every single one of us who know football, know deep down that Chivas must have made connection look very ordinary for periods in the game.

Why Trinis badmind so? Everything a man say is fight down. But what yuh expect when even during our WC campaign, men was at war still.

If we win, is war, if we lose, is more war.

Seems like the only time we dont war so much is when we draw or we just not playing.

The man post up top pays a lot of respect to Chivas, and no disrespect to Connection. So whats the problem? Maybe he could have been diplomatic and concentrated more on Connections gallant fight back in the end, playing with 10 men and all....but say what.

Are we too insecure to admit that we playing against a team that is a class above us?

As Beenie said, in football, 2+2 very rarely equals 4, and this game showed that too, based on reports. Just like the US - Mex game the odda day.

To put it in context, Chivas is the top Mexican team. These top Mexican teams hold their own and beat the best from South America, I even read somewhere that this Chivas team put a 4-0 beating on Boca Jnrs a couple years ago. And these south american teams are on par with the Chelseas, man U's and Real Madrids of Europe. So playing against this calibre of opposition is in itself a very humbling experience. The team has 6 Mex national players for God's sake! You would expect them to run rings every now and then around a caribbean upstart. Like allyuh does forget when T&T national team playing Mexico, how they does have us running in circles too...

In that same context, we hadda real REAL rate Connection for the victory. I for one was real fed up of T&T teams in the past trying to play attractive football and always losing. Now it seems since last 2005 we are growing up and not as niave.
You might say we look amateurish and get run over, but i am sure it was all in our approach and game plan for the opposition. Big up to Connection, although them is not really my first choice club team in T&T, they reppin T&T now, and to play with 10 men for so long and beat that kinda opposition gives me even more respect for them.

The result itself isnt much of a surprise, we have beaten Mexican teams in the past or drawn with them (defence force - pachuca, and Connection a couple years ago 3-3, forgot who)....The real test is at the end of the month for the return game....

1]; } ?>