April 27, 2024, 09:52:32 AM

Author Topic: Lucky Connection.  (Read 12966 times)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Re: Lucky Connection.
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2007, 05:49:32 AM »
i see more sensible people joined the thread and call it for what its worth  ;)
i do think Trini-warrior's heart was in the right place
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

stepray

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2007, 05:59:50 AM »
I have no problem with someone expressing their views, but I don't think it right to call a team shitty, and that the game was totally one sided & like is Chivas score against themselves  even after that team beat a world class team, coming from behind with 10 men.
Man be more classy than that, he could have said the same thing diffrently, but then again he must be eh have no tact.
Do you honestly think that he would have called Chivas shitty if it had been the other way around.
that is our problem, we quick to big up others, but our own we fight down, not giving them any encouragement. Crabs in a abarrel mentality.
The man like he real upset that Connection upset Chivas.
I wonder why?

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2007, 07:08:54 AM »
I didn see de game. I was hoping Connection win, but all last night, I was thinking dat it wasn't likely and dat when I read de forum this morning, de news wouldna be good.

But yuh know what? I dam proud of Connection, even if they looked bad at times. Because dey coulda dam well look bad and lose. But dey didn't. Dey won, against de odds.

- Dey beat ah big, big side in Chivas
- Dey did it playing short for most of de game
- Dey did it coming from behind

All of that could be considered atypical for T&T teams. So dey overcame de odds.

Where is de big surprise dat Chivas, or Mexico could on any day, outplay Connection or T&T. But on dat night, last night, dey get dey ass waxed.

BIG UP CONNECTION!!!!!!
Toujour Pret!

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2007, 07:18:22 AM »
I have no problem with someone expressing their views, but I don't think it right to call a team shitty, and that the game was totally one sided & like is Chivas score against themselves  even after that team beat a world class team, coming from behind with 10 men.
Man be more classy than that, he could have said the same thing diffrently, but then again he must be eh have no tact.
Do you honestly think that he would have called Chivas shitty if it had been the other way around.
that is our problem, we quick to big up others, but our own we fight down, not giving them any encouragement. Crabs in a abarrel mentality.
The man like he real upset that Connection upset Chivas.
I wonder why?

Stepray,

lemme take u to task....

1) Where in the man post he call connection shitty?

2) Why is it WRONG to say that THE GAME WAS TOTALLY ONE SIDED? Will you lie just to be patriotic?

Point is, sometime u hadda read more carefully, sometimes twice before yuh post a reply.

The man post was very single themed I agree, but he was honest and respectful in it.

Admitting your team is not up to standard versus another team is not always an insult.

All a we supporting the same thing, just some of us view things differently..

Offline Girl Warrior

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2007, 07:53:23 AM »
People... take the damn blindfold off allyuh eyes na, please.... all well and good we win, yes, but at the same time dem men was walking on the pitch, they were passing badly, Mexico making an easy 10 passes and we can only make 3. Nothing special in the midfield, Goulart look like he need a worm out. The stopper look poor. Toussaint wasn't up to his best at all. I cyah understand why allyuh go appreciate us going out on an international ground looking sickly and lacking technical soundness to get a win.  Na boy. I does feel better when i pass my exams by working hard and studyin rather than guessing and getting the questions right.
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall... Che Guevara

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2007, 07:55:55 AM »
Trini, are you blind. He referred to most of the connection team as "dam shitty". Is the disrespect of your own. Language is a hell of a thing. It can be used like weapon to demoralize, humiliate and hurt. If different words were used to create the impression of constructive criticism instead of destructive cfriticism then there would be no problem
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2007, 08:09:28 AM »
Maybe the timing was bad.....I glad dat dey win....but de man was there and gave his opinions of what he saw. Until we see the game we jes have tuh go wit what de man and Girl Warrior say. Too many times man does try tuh analyse and re-analysing for de sake of torkin louder than de next man.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2007, 08:13:49 AM »
Sometimes I does wonder about men in this forum and their convenient objectivity.
For the past month all we hearing is about the level of play from the national teams and PFL teams.
Most men admitting that the level is a notch or two below top internationals teams.

The NT coach make a statement that the PFL level is low and men take him to task for that, at the same time admitting that we know it low, but we had to keep it in context in terms of resources and culture, politics and whatnot....but is still not okay for the coach to tell it to us the way he did.  Apparently now in this forum we could only accept criticism if it not harsh and worded kindly.  Sometimes you can't only take the words at face value, you have to look at the deeper meaning too.

Now one ah we own forumites expressed his view having seen the game and men again take him to task for it.

Is it that we can't take negative criticism even when we know it to be the truth ?

The main point the man trying to make is that there was a clear distinction between the level of play from both sides.  Yes, fortunately WConnection won the game, but the performance was below par for whatever reason.

So if we are to accept that goals win matches, and be naive about the quality of play during the game, then is best we forget about team building, grooming players, improving the PFL and NT, and all the talk we talking for the past month.  Hell, we might as well stop training...all we have to do is show up for the game and let Lady Luck take over...mix that with some prayers to the Almighty (it cyah hurt) and we all set for 2010.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lucky Connection
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2007, 08:19:45 AM »
Fellas i just call a spade a spade. I love the warriors and trinidad. I attend most of their games. However sometimes it's not the scoreline that matters. When Charles was T&T coach I saw Trinidad play the best brand of football since the strike squad. You could have seen that the team was developing along the right line, playing attractive positive football; great passing game. However the results weren't coming as yet so he was fired. i don't consider results too much when looking at development. Congrats to Connection on a win but it was very very lucky. Hope the best for them in Mexico, would love to see trini side advance but that from my perspective seems very very very difficult.

Bossman. Dont stress yourself out. Men here are too emotional sometimes. You are right in your assessment of the game. Whoever feel luck can win games at an international level in real trouble.

Last night W -Conecction was outclassed by a quicker , fitter more technical team that had the crowd silent for 70 minutes.
We were left to admire the play of the mexicans. They did not score  the goals and they created countless opportunities and had our team in total dissarray for most of the game. At one time it was like an exhibition game.

W showed grit and determination to come back with 10 men. Compliments to them .

but the truth is we played away team football at home.

For the doubters here who saw the game, what do you predict will happen in the second leg based on what you saw yesterday ??????  
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 08:29:02 AM by christiano »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2007, 08:21:00 AM »
Trini Warrior doe study dem

I was dey too and I agree with you 100%

Let me give you a piece of advice, doe argue nuttin with dem, doe respond and get yuh pressure up because it is not worth the effort to argue with someone who ent see nuttin.

Never more was a gulf in class so wide and apparent, but that is not an issue.

Connection Win

Lewwe sing, dance and be merry, wine and jam.

W-Connection beat Chivas 2-1 and dat is all that matters.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2007, 08:24:19 AM »
All Trini Warrior had to say is that Chivas is in a class way way over Connection and expect Connection to lose badly in Mexico and everybody go be happy that they hear a simple honest opinion.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2007, 08:30:57 AM »
and the difference is wha?.....Sharing Licks or getting ah Cutarse same difference....ENT!

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2007, 08:35:48 AM »
I didn see de game. I was hoping Connection win, but all last night, I was thinking dat it wasn't likely and dat when I read de forum this morning, de news wouldna be good.

But yuh know what? I dam proud of Connection, even if they looked bad at times. Because dey coulda dam well look bad and lose. But dey didn't. Dey won, against de odds.

All of that could be considered atypical for T&T teams. So dey overcame de odds.

WELL SAID

Where is de big surprise dat Chivas, or Mexico could on any day, outplay Connection or T&T. But on dat night, last night, dey get dey ass waxed.

BIG UP CONNECTION!!!!!!
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2007, 08:42:30 AM »
Wha the jail is this boy? OK Girl-warrior and trini-warrior and touches and company...If Connection did try to play like Chivas and get f_cking wash 5-nil...then what would have been the argument...Whether it is luck, good skill, determination etc Football is 90 minutes and is about scoring goals...If allyuh cyah get that then I don't know what allyuh want...If allyuh coulda come and say "Boy, Hector rel rip, or Toussaint rel rip, or Goulart shred in that game...but W still get licks, would that have been good ?"...It would have been perfect if W Connection play well and win...It would have been good if I were a f-cking millionaire also but guess what in the real world (not fairyland) things don't be perfect...It would have been nice if Cornell Glen had scored against Sweden with that shot...It was a well executed shot but I personally would have been glad if he totally got it wrong and it deflect(look rel ugly) and went in the goal...But that is just me....Go T&T

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2007, 08:47:42 AM »
Wha the jail is this boy? OK Girl-warrior and trini-warrior and touches and company...If Connection did try to play like Chivas and get f_cking wash 5-nil...then what would have been the argument...Whether it is luck, good skill, determination etc Football is 90 minutes and is about scoring goals...If allyuh cyah get that then I don't know what allyuh want...If allyuh coulda come and say "Boy, Hector rel rip, or Toussaint rel rip, or Goulart shred in that game...but W still get licks, would that have been good ?"...It would have been perfect if W Connection play well and win...It would have been good if I were a f-cking millionaire also but guess what in the real world (not fairyland) things don't be perfect...It would have been nice if Cornell Glen had scored against Sweden with that shot...It was a well executed shot but I personally would have been glad if he totally got it wrong and it deflect(look rel ugly) and went in the goal...But that is just me....Go T&T
allyuh mad oui...goals win matches  i argree but we win end ah story. but i perfer to lose doing the right thing, cause in the end luck cyah trump consisteincy.
 i wah connection learn n try to reaise the level of thier game at least try allyuh jus concern about the win, that cyah help them in de long run if thye keep playing shit. as far as the match reports concerned it seems like (as usual) the players cyah do de basics properly where that will carry we in the end how far.

say what allyuh want if they had gotten 5-0 but played well i woulda perfer that. trinis to short sighted.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2007, 08:51:56 AM »

BIG UP CONNECTION!!!!!!

Wha' yu' sayin' Slates :)

Exactly...BIG UP CONNECTION!!!!!
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Girl Warrior

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2007, 08:59:00 AM »

Yuh missing the point Ponnoxx... nobody here vex that they win yuh know, i think we all happy them boys get them two goals in, but the football is not a short term thing. This wasn't the be all and end all of W Connection. I cyah see how allyuh raising allyuh hopes for what was played on that pitch last night.They still have to play in Mexico and they will have games where they in an international spotlight again. The harsh reality is that they need to improve. It eh have no maths in understanding that. Connection was moving so slow last night that if they had on a orange kit they would have made perfect cones for the Mexicans to run around
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall... Che Guevara

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2007, 09:10:06 AM »

WHy allyuh expecting them to play good/constructive football with 10 men against Chivas?
Sometimes u just have to dig down and scrap it out.

I don't doubt the reviews but it says something about the team to pull off what they did despite how scrappy it was.  We'll see what happens in the return and hopefully this time they play with 11 men for the whole match.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2007, 09:28:51 AM »
 you know what...we don't deserve anything as a Nation we too lucky...It is allyuh who don't understand professional football, allyuh don't understand that results count in the professional realm...I backing them fellas 110 % to reach the next stage...Let a crowd come out again and money make by the ticket gates so them brave youthmen who decide to pursue a professional career with very little returns could and they represented T&T last night and were victorious ......I wish W could get them kinda victories all the time...I would love that!!!! Short term...Connection developing youth players long time...Mexicans come from a higher standard league...SO even after this experience W will know what standard they have to be at...As for now they could win all games like that....I supporting that!!!

Offline Girl Warrior

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2007, 09:49:58 AM »
Ponnoxx I supporting them too, but I want better for them. I want them to shine and play with confidence and not settle for mediocrity or below. W Connection will remain my favourite PFL team. I will be in the stadium to support them in the Courts Pro Bowl, the Toyota Cup, the First Citizens Cup, the Lucozade Big Six and any other tournament they compete in locally.
Ponnoxx I understand everything that you're saying but i don't particularly agree with it, thats how it goes sometimes.
Cheers

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2007, 10:01:05 AM »
allyuh mad oui...goals win matches  i argree but we win end ah story. but i perfer to lose doing the right thing, cause in the end luck cyah trump consisteincy.
 i wah connection learn n try to reaise the level of thier game at least try allyuh jus concern about the win, that cyah help them in de long run if thye keep playing shit. as far as the match reports concerned it seems like (as usual) the players cyah do de basics properly where that will carry we in the end how far.

say what allyuh want if they had gotten 5-0 but played well i woulda perfer that. trinis to short sighted.

:applause: :applause:

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2007, 10:05:34 AM »
Girl Warrior I hear what allyuh saying too but the bigger picture is whether it is luck...I think we deserve a break...The will know what is to be done in the next round and that is what experience is about...Men like Toussaint who didn't play well would HAVE to step up and you know what?! That is experience because from now on he might say to himself I have to bring my A-game against these foreign teams...Hector Start that game!!! he is in his early 20's and have tremendous potential...But you know what ...They don't have to worry about the last game that played because they win that!!! They will come into the next round knowing full well that Chivas going to try to beat them and they will play towards stopping that...So when I hear people saying it was an ugly victory(and they didn't deserve it) in a way that saying more bad than good coming out of this I feel kinda bad because is my fellow Nationals talking...not jamaicans or bajans...Trinibagonians !!! And that is victory for the Caribbean and all....

Anyhow
Cheers

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2007, 10:06:47 AM »
 Well polished hoe...you have to be rel stupid if you would have rather us lose and play better...Guess who would run a football club into the ground? Not me

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2007, 10:10:03 AM »
you know what...we don't deserve anything as a Nation we too lucky...It is allyuh who don't understand professional football, allyuh don't understand that results count in the professional realm...I backing them fellas 110 % to reach the next stage...Let a crowd come out again and money make by the ticket gates so them brave youthmen who decide to pursue a professional career with very little returns could and they represented T&T last night and were victorious ......I wish W could get them kinda victories all the time...I would love that!!!! Short term...Connection developing youth players long time...Mexicans come from a higher standard league...SO even after this experience W will know what standard they have to be at...As for now they could win all games like that....I supporting that!!!

then don't comment/question why ppl not coming out to watch, and how can the league improve....'we go just take win by radio ' and celebrate ah win is ah win...why bother pay good money to see them, we dun know how dey go play, and hell dey might win.....
Some ppl gettin tie up with football, international and professional football....it is 3 different game.....Congrats to Connection on the win, buh it cyah stop there...They win so everything must be ok and good.....not necessarily...The goal shold be to be able to string passes,trap etc..and win..No? Or is it to win...or just string passes...
All I get from the observers is our players have to be able to play better football as well as win....buh if yuh jus rather dem win...then yuh care bout winning- nuthen wrong with that - but yuh doh care bout wheter is football or not

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2007, 10:11:50 AM »
Playing a BIG opponent, young team, ten men for 79 mins, from a goal down to win.

What allyuh want, blood?

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2007, 10:14:20 AM »

then don't comment/question why ppl not coming out to watch, and how can the league improve....'we go just take win by radio ' and celebrate ah win is ah win...why bother pay good money to see them, we dun know how dey go play, and hell dey might win.....
Some ppl gettin tie up with football, international and professional football....it is 3 different game.....Congrats to Connection on the win, buh it cyah stop there...They win so everything must be ok and good.....not necessarily...The goal shold be to be able to string passes,trap etc..and win..No? Or is it to win...or just string passes...
All I get from the observers is our players have to be able to play better football as well as win....buh if yuh jus rather dem win...then yuh care bout winning- nuthen wrong with that - but yuh doh care bout wheter is football or not
take care u get called "real stupid" because yuh have more foresight. same thign plaguing trini as a whole. everything is for today yeah we win..woo hooo.
then when they eh do shit for ah next 4 -5 yrs..they go jus bad talk them steups. yes.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2007, 10:16:55 AM »
Well polished hoe...you have to be rel stupid if you would have rather us lose and play better...Guess who would run a football club into the ground? Not me
man woman or chile who ever u may be. good , smart coaches dont mind doing the right thing and losing a couple of matches for long term benefit man dais just common sense. wenger do it, fergie do it etc. how u may ask? by buying and playing younger players during thier team rebuilding process. so instead of buying older players who done experinced wender gets young layers and grooms them into the system for longer term benefit. even though last yr they get real licks for doing so.

i done oui.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2007, 10:25:30 AM »

take care u get called "real stupid" because yuh have more foresight. same thign plaguing trini as a whole. everything is for today yeah we win..woo hooo.
then when they eh do shit for ah next 4 -5 yrs..they go jus bad talk them steups. yes.

how dis for ah orf-track

From wikipedia

"The Encyclopedia of Stupidity by Matthijs van Boxsel is based on the author's contention that "stupidity is in fact the foundation of our civilization" and his idea that no one is intelligent enough to realise how stupid they are. This is not as stupid as it sounds if one includes in the definition of stupidity "unwitting self-destruction, the ability to act against one's best wishes". A saying attributed to Albert Einstein is "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Stupidity may be more accurately viewed not the opposite of intelligence but as a kind of flawed or absence of intelligence, the darkness that makes the light of true intelligence visible. Contrasted with ignorance, which is the lack of knowledge, not the lack of intelligence.

A popular aphorism goes, " The stupider something seems, the more important it probably is. "

"

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2007, 10:27:17 AM »

how dis for ah orf-track

From wikipedia

"The Encyclopedia of Stupidity by Matthijs van Boxsel is based on the author's contention that "stupidity is in fact the foundation of our civilization" and his idea that no one is intelligent enough to realise how stupid they are. This is not as stupid as it sounds if one includes in the definition of stupidity "unwitting self-destruction, the ability to act against one's best wishes". A saying attributed to Albert Einstein is "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Stupidity may be more accurately viewed not the opposite of intelligence but as a kind of flawed or absence of intelligence, the darkness that makes the light of true intelligence visible. Contrasted with ignorance, which is the lack of knowledge, not the lack of intelligence.

A popular aphorism goes, " The stupider something seems, the more important it probably is. "

"
:rotfl: :rotfl: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2007, 10:28:24 AM »
Playing a BIG opponent, young team, ten men for 79 mins, from a goal down to win.

What allyuh want, blood?

Peong,

that is it in a nutshell.

Under those circumstances, it's no surprise that we were outplayed.

We must bear in mind that WC were missing about five of their better players. Then to compound it, they had to play 60 odd minutes with 10 , men. Against one of the best teams on the CONTINENT.

The odds were always against them.

I didn't see the game, but from the reports were playing a team in a different class, played with heart, didn't give up - and with some luck, managed to win.

Well when the other team is better, luck plays a big part in it.

We sure as hell had some luck when TT played Sweden.

Good luck to WC when they play in Mexcio. Obviously, they will need it.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>