April 19, 2024, 12:48:28 PM

Author Topic: Plenty proud of Roberts.  (Read 1594 times)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Plenty proud of Roberts.
« on: February 13, 2007, 11:44:40 PM »
Plenty proud of Roberts.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).

New find: T&T player Darryl Roberts is headed for Holland.

Striker Darryl Roberts has apparently made a lot of people from Trinidad and Tobago proud of his achievement of signing a two-year deal with Sparta Rotterdam, who are currently 11th in the Dutch first division.
Roberts is a former El Dorado Junior Secondary and Fatima College player who only came to national prominence during the recent Digicel Caribbean Cup Finals.
Hailing from Trincity, he is based in the United States where he played college football for Liberty College. He is also a former Malta Carib Alcons youth footballer.
During Trinidad and Tobago's recent tour of Panama and Costa Rica, the news broke that the newcomer had become the country's latest European-based professional. Since then, the story has been one of the most supported on the internet version of the Trinidad Express and has received several hits from fans congratulating the 23-year-old Soca Warrior.
From London to New York, Trinbagonians have sent their comments giving the young striker the "big up" and urging him to work hard and succeed in Holland.
London Trini says: "Well done lad", while CJ of New York adds: "Well done meh lion".
Roberts has also been hailed as the new Dwight Yorke.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 04:59:24 AM by Flex »
Warrior For Life !!

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Plenty proud of Roberts.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 06:58:17 AM »
Another Trinicity Man

Frankly I believe if trinicity put out a best 11 we could beat Trinidad national team easy easy :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 07:40:19 AM »
Another Trinicity Man

Frankly I believe if trinicity put out a best 11 we could beat Trinidad national team easy easy :rotfl: :rotfl:

As an ex trincity man myself I would like to believe that. Some very good national players have been residents there.

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 10:33:00 AM »
Another Trinicity Man

:bringiton: :bringiton: Diego anyday

As an ex trincity man myself I would like to believe that. Some very good national players have been residents there.
All American

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 10:47:03 AM »
We need to get more of our players into Holland and France and less into England.

Hopefully this is the start of a trend.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 04:35:32 PM »
WOW Didn't realise he is 23, He deserved even more big up's  :beermug:

1]; } ?>