April 16, 2024, 03:30:54 AM

Author Topic: Ince in line for award  (Read 1112 times)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Ince in line for award
« on: February 13, 2007, 11:46:58 PM »
Ince in line for award

Goalkeeper Clayton Ince is currently involved in a three-way contest for the Puma Golden Glove award for goalkeepers in the English League Two.

The former Defence Force custodian has been enjoying good form for Walsall this season and is in line for the award which goes to the goalie who has kept the most clean sheets throughout the ongoing season.

Ince, with 17 clean sheets so far, is behind Hartlepool United’s Dimitrios Konstantopoulos and Steve Phillips of Bristol Rovers who have 18 each.

The former Crewe Alexandra ’keeper is focusing on ensuring his team pick up maximum points at this point of the season as they sit at the top of the League Two table.

Ince also hopes to stay on past his contract time, which ends at the end of the season.

At this stage of the season every team has something to play for,” said the 34 year-old. Teams need points for different reasons and it’s not going to be pretty football every week. We showed earlier in the season that we are capable of knocking the ball around and then on Tuesday at Macclesfield, we showed that we can dig in and grind out a result.

I’d like to stick around and try to give the supporters something else to enjoy next season.

I will stop when my body gives out on me, or when I can no longer perform at the kind of level I’ve been used to,” Ince said.

©2005-2006 Trinidad Publishing Company Limited 
Warrior For Life !!

1]; } ?>