April 23, 2024, 10:05:40 PM

Author Topic: John searches for first goal  (Read 983 times)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
John searches for first goal
« on: February 13, 2007, 11:49:08 PM »
John searches for first goal

Striker Stern John will be searching for his first goal for Sunderland in weeks to come, after he set up up their 71st minute strike in Saturday’s 2-0 win over Plymouth to improve their promotion chances.

John made his debut versus ex-club Coventry City last weekend, but couldn’t keep up his record of goalscoring performances on debut after performing that feat for ex-teams Nottingham Forest, Birmingham City and Coventry City.

Nonetheless, the 30-year-old goal-getter is hoping his addition to the lineup alongside Carlos Edwards and Dwight Yorke can help the club move into the Premiership.

“That is why I came here... because I want to play in the Premiership again and I want to play a part in getting the club back up again,” John said. “I think Dwight wants to go up again, Carlos wants to play at the highest level and I would love to finish off my career in England by playing in the top flight.

That desire, along with hard work and some luck, hopefully can do it for all of us,” he added. John also graces the covers of a new magazine – Stars Soccer Review, which was produced by Aldwyn McGill’s Caribbean All Stars out of Toronto in Toronto and highlights T&T’s 2006 World Cup participation, as well as football in North America and Trinidad.

Shaun Fuentes is the media officer for the

TTFF/Soca Warriors. shaunfuentes@yahoo.com
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John searches for first goal
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 08:08:14 AM »
If he plays Saturday he will score imho, hope so anyway. I think Keane will stick with the same side that started against Plymouth and if John does not score Stokes will replace him.
Roy Keane's Red & White Army

1]; } ?>