April 28, 2024, 01:15:21 PM

Author Topic: Who think we ready for Goal Cup  (Read 2831 times)

Offline LIFELINE

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Who think we ready for Goal Cup
« on: February 13, 2007, 01:29:36 PM »
Football, Football, Football

I love this game.

I must admit that after that first disappointing draw (of Digicel Cup) our soca warriors against Barbados, they did extremely well to establish themself to be one of the better sides and make it to the finals at the tournament. It was unfortunate that they loss in the finals. But you know what, the soca warriors good performance was not enough.

The warrior defense was weak, Midfield unstable and forward need confidence in their finishing of opportunities.

It was clear to see that we had great individual defenders but Lil defense. Individualism and personal skill is not football. I repeat it is not football and is not what is required to win a game.Individualism and personal skill is merely an asset that should be use when the opportunity is right. Where the hell was our defense as a unit. I know you all saw those goals that the Haitians scored, It was good finishing but tell me how the heck the get to through that defense to easy.

I am not in for highlighting names (at least not yet) but  our mid Field was not solid. Where the hell was the confidence and aggression. What the f**k . These players think that the u just win the ball in football , you have to work for it. Brake ah leg. What you think that mean , "just play" . got to work hard , no matter what. Play the gameas if it its yuh last , like its yuh love(unconditional love).I was disgust when my soca warriors midfielder  was try to get a beats  the opposition when the get the ball, just to impress the crowd and then losing the ball after, like assholes.It was not called for. And you yuh could of see the "I am a star attitude" bursting from their heads and they ent shit compared to other players(This was specifically in the first game against Barbados.) Just because they make a pick in front of the other Trini players of the other 41.

Forwards,huh. I would commend them.They played well. I am not a favourite to Glasgow but he did well. Roberts and all did well. Our Finishing needs some more perfection.Got to be able to take raw advantage of opportunities when it present itself, thats the the main characteristic of a true forward .I think the coach and all need to give the forwards the footballing third eye on opportunities.

Let me explain what am talking bout. I remember this specific situation when Glasgow was running on to the ball  on the top of the eighteen yard box, that was fed to him from the midfield. However he limited the opportunity by pushing forward with the ball and giving the goalkeeper greater controll in his saving opportunity, because he was now able to lock down the shut that Glasgow blasted ( but the ball did get enough distance to gain full power.) The third eye instinct is that the shot should of been blasted from on top the 18 yard box. He was running on to the ball and with enough power and accuracy  the keeper would of been venerable and not only that even if the keep was good enough to save the shot , he would not of been good enough to hold the ball, that could of easily been preyed on by oncoming Roberts.

Football at this level is no longer a game for the players, it is a job, it is a labouring job, creative job, a thinking job. Players got to know it is their duty to work hard , to think hard , got to devote. Just imagine In Brazil, the club Vascow select for a under 16 side , 22 players  from  250 of the best youth  players in Brazil. These 16 year olds know it is their only ticket out of the slums. Not even Ronald made te 22 that was picked when he was 16 years old. The warriors got to do better  than  what we was expose to in the Digicel Cup. Or else we will be disgraced in the Goal Cup

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who think we ready for Goal Cup
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 02:36:24 PM »
LIFELINE,  I see this is your first post, and first thread at the same time.  Don't know how long you checking out the site, but your thread come about three weeks too late.  This topic get beat like a road march...like Tyson and Holyfield  ;D

BTW...is GOLD CUP not GOAL cup.

Keep posting though.  ;)
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 02:38:24 PM »
LIFELINE,  I see this is your first post, and first thread at the same time.  Don't know how long you checking out the site, but your thread come about three weeks too late.  This topic get beat like a road march...like Tyson and Holyfield   ;D

BTW...is GOLD CUP not GOAL cup.

Keep posting though.  ;)

Like UNC in de last elections real licks ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 02:43:48 PM »
What a way to welcome the man to the site
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 03:05:19 PM »
need to sort out the TTFF/players lawsuit to field the best team.

i feel T & T 06 + some young talent could make the semis.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 03:05:45 PM »
What a way to welcome the man to the site

What a way the man welcome heself to the site...first thread and is lambassing the team.
He move like Wim with he statement about the league  :)
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 03:20:10 PM »
LIFELINE, Supa & de Enterprise welcome yuh tuh de site boss. Doh take any post under yuh thread personal, is all love in dis house. Some times yuh might cuss ah member, and de next day yuh go big him up and say cheers, dat is how we does live in dis house. Yuh just have tuh be tuff and deal wid de matter, by de way we have a lil church crew here, and dey does have tuh baptise yuh when yuh join, well ah see Pardners baptise yuh already, so yuh cud proceed wid caution and continue tuh post  ;)  ;D. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 03:28:25 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 06:41:48 PM »
Lifeline, welcome!!  :beermug: It is always nice to have new members who know the game and could make good analysis. Based on what you posted, even though it is a bit late, I can tell that you would be a positive member of this forum. Maybe you would help save the forum because it have some good arsehole on here. Men who don't have a clue!! and does start some real off key thread. Welcome again Lifeline!!  :beermug:

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 09:17:00 PM »
hahahaha all yuh scare de man now he ain't want tuh respond

anyways welcome LIFELINE doh study dem men  :beermug:

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
gold cup
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 09:32:28 PM »
with most of our overseas players returnin for the gold cup such as the in form jones,scotland and edwards we will have a good chance of winnin this cup even reachin inthe final 4.here is the teams that have already qualified.

costa rica
el salvador
guatemala
haiti
trinidad & tobago
cuba
guadeloupe
canada
mexico
usa
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline LIFELINE

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who think we ready for Gold Cup
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 09:32:31 AM »
The Pressure is on but guess who ent going to crack, ha ha ha ha. Pardon me I had to laugh at that.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 12:11:28 PM »
Yes we are ready, provided the overseas guys come.

1]; } ?>