April 24, 2024, 07:32:55 PM

Author Topic: Is Jan-Micheal Williams for REal!!!!!  (Read 3811 times)

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
Is Jan-Micheal Williams for REal!!!!!
« on: February 14, 2007, 08:48:27 AM »
            I must say i have certainly NOT been impressed with this goalkeeper. Is he the future of the Trinidad & Tobago goalkeeping position i am not sold on that!!!!!. The last two games for TNT has certainly not been his best in concentration letting in some really soft goals “going up to catch the ball and it slips through his hands into the net”, “being beaten consistently on his nearpost”, “coming out to challenge when he should not” and last night “saving outside his penalty area and being sent off for W-Connection early in the game”. I dont know if he lacks confidence at the moment but he is making some schoolboy mistakes at this point in time. I think he is better than that to be named Pro League MVP. I think Wim and others probably needs to nuture him some more under the experienced Ince or Jack!!. What do you all think about this????

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
Re: Is Jan-Micheal Williams for REal!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 08:53:13 AM »
            I must say i have certainly NOT been impressed with this goalkeeper. Is he the future of the Trinidad & Tobago goalkeeping position i am not sold on that!!!!!. The last two games for TNT has certainly not been his best in concentration letting in some really soft goals “going up to catch the ball and it slips through his hands into the net”, “being beaten consistently on his nearpost”, “coming out to challenge when he should not” and last night “saving outside his penalty area and being sent off for W-Connection early in the game”. I dont know if he lacks confidence at the moment but he is making some schoolboy mistakes at this point in time. I think he is better than that to be named Pro League MVP. I think Wim and others probably needs to nuture him some more under the experienced Ince or Jack!!. What do you all think about this????

Get ready fuh buff.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 09:04:48 AM »
Personally I don’t like him he gets beaten  to easy he never seems to hold on to the ball all parrying to ball some how he continues to get praise as the best thing since slice bread   
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 09:22:03 AM »
I for one have always said that talent wise, Marvin Phillip is ahead of Jan. I would not put Durance Williams back in there but as far as local goalies go, I was a huge fan of Kevin Graham at U-20 level. Not sure if he gets a raw deal now due to his being at Defence Force who collecting real goals up to last season, but he will soon have Ross Russel, Hutson Charles and Kerry Jamerson watching and helping him.

Bottom line is that, at least for now, Ince is our best keeper and at the Gold Cup we should be looking at him as our #1 with a local taken along for experience.

My two cents.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 11:08:31 AM »

i agree with you
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 11:23:34 AM »
...under the experienced Ince or Jack!!. What do you all think about this????

Make that under the experienced hands of Hislop or Ince. Jack would only teach him more bad habits.

Personally, I can't comment on Jan since I haven't seen him perform that much. But, he is young and relatively inexperienced. The idea of nuturing under the hands of more experienced goal-keepers is not a bad one.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 11:25:06 AM »
marvin phillips for me is de bess in tnt right now... all he need is experience..

God is de BOSS...

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 11:34:45 AM »
marvin phillips for me is de bess in tnt right now... all he need is experience..

God is de BOSS...

Totally agree.....Phillips has safer hands......Jan seems too uptight and nervous in goal sometimes......I hope he is given a try soon.....

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 12:11:54 PM »
i aint go lie i see this man real save for connection already  real flying all over the place bullet after bullet and he deserve he chance in goal

but that said i have yet to see him save tnt from imbarrassment and he seems to only play well as do most players when we are on top and his defense is not shakey

like in the digicel cup and the sa tour
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 12:21:32 PM »
« Reply #8 on: Today at 01:11:54 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i aint go lie i see this man real save for connection already  real flying all over the place bullet after bullet and he deserve he chance in goal

but that said i have yet to see him save tnt from imbarrassment and he seems to only play well as do most players when we are on top and his defense is not shakey

like in the digicel cup and the sa tour

Once you see a keeper flying all over the place to make saves, it's one of the 1st signs of bad technique.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline SHOTTA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 12:26:01 PM »
or a sign of agility

potato potahto

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 12:35:35 PM »
« Reply #10 on: Today at 01:26:01 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
or a sign of agility

potato potahto

Yeah agility but not the kind a goalkeeping coach will want in an international game.

It's a big difference between Potato and potahto. It's not that simple.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline SHOTTA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 01:03:27 PM »
apparently that what wim wants

except u are our goalkeeping coach? and u kno wat u want

Offline LIFELINE

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 01:04:14 PM »
It is tuff  that Jan , who is representing us at a National level is displaying such inexperience. We need the best possible last line of defense(Goal Keeper) we can get  during the Gold Cup. But tell me which keeper has never been a victim to an easy goal. None, is the answer.

He has the ability to shine, just need the confidence and work.It is his duty to re-prove himself, no matter if he is the keeper for the Gold Cup or not.

Please bare in mind that the strenght/performance of the defense is directly link to the confidence of the goal keeper

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 04:25:46 PM »
« Reply #12 on: Today at 02:03:27 PM »   

apparently that what wim wants

except u are our goalkeeping coach? and u kno wat u want

There is no excuse for technique, and don't matter what system you play all goalkeeper techniques are the same, unlike a field player who may have a different version of a step over.  There is a specific manner in which to make specific saves when proper technique is being employed no two ways about it.

A goalkeeper must stay on his feet as long as possible. The dive is a last resort.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 04:37:52 PM »
Jan is good and has a lot of potential and so is Marvin. But a lot of us saying that this one is better or that one is better mainly because Jan is meh boy or marvin is meh boy. How many of us here see what going on in the natonal setup and see what going on in practice? If Phillips is better he will soon get his chance.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 04:39:05 PM »
and oh yeah, Jack is not help our younger keepers.....my heart always racing when he in goal.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 06:09:21 PM »

God is de BOSS...
TI i totally agree with you...let me make a mental note of the date :devil: :beermug:

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 06:48:15 PM »
 Marvin and Jan are to great keepers but what he did in that game save the game...Beckles is another great keeper...He was apart of the Connection under 17 that went unbeaten entire season...Jan sacrifice himself for the team..that took quick thinking and courage...I certainly commend him

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2007, 07:06:36 PM »
Jan i dont think is any total goat...However i think talent wise marvin is better but i his attitude kept him back and seems is only now realizing that he cant be an ass no longer.
Back in Trini...

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2007, 07:17:57 PM »
Jan i dont think is any total goat...However i think talent wise marvin is better but i his attitude kept him back and seems is only now realizing that he cant be an ass no longer.

Precisely!
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 09:48:40 AM »
Jan young. He has time on his side. He will be okay.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 01:09:26 PM »
Get Ince for the Gold Cup!  Jan needs some seasoning !
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

1]; } ?>