March 28, 2024, 07:18:39 AM

Author Topic: Interesting things about Iraq....  (Read 6768 times)

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Interesting things about Iraq....
« on: February 14, 2007, 03:10:16 PM »
VERY INTERESTING- 

1. The Garden of Eden was in   Iraq .

2.  Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq,  was the cradle of civilization!

3.  Noah  built the ark in Iraq .

4. The   Tower of Babel was in Iraq

5.  Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern  Iraq!

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor,  which is in Iraq !

7. Jacob  met Rachel in Iraq .

8. Jonah  preached in Nineveh - which is in   Iraq .

9. Assyria,  which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel .

10. Amos  cried out in Iraq !

11.  Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.

12. Daniel was!  in the lion's den in Iraq !

13. The  three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in   Iraq also as the fourth  person in the

Fiery  furnace!)

14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in   Iraq .

15.  Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into   Iraq .

16. Ezekiel  preached in I raq.

17. The  wise men were from Iraq

18. Peter  preached in Iraq .

19. The  "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon,  which was a city in Iraq ! 

And you have probably seen this one. Israel is the nation most  often mentioned in the Bible. But do you know which nation is  second? It is Iraq ! However, that is  not the name that is used in the Bible The names used in the Bible  are Babylon, Land of Shinar , and Mesopotamia . The word Mesopotamia  means  between the two rivers, more exactly between the  Tigris  and Euphrates Rivers The name   Iraq , means country with  deep roots.

Indeed Iraq is a country with  deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible. 

No other nation, except Israel , has more history and prophecy  associated it than Iraq .

And also,  This is something to think about! Since America is typically  represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim  passages...

The following verse is from the  Koran, (the Islamic Bible) 

Koran  (9:11 ) - For it is written that a  son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle.  The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah  and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more  rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah;  and there was peace.
(Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?!

« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 06:57:11 PM by Tallman »

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
Re: interesting....
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 03:13:17 PM »
I'm thinking this is a hoax email circulating. It's been around a while...check www.snopes.com

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 08:16:33 AM »
Without getting into the theology of the matter ...

Actually, there is historical support for several of the assertions mentioned. The 'confusion' may stem from the divergence in historical terminology used from antiquity to the present day and shifted geographical borders.

For instance see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesopotamia

Also see http://www.ldolphin.org/iraq.html for some guidance.

I'm not suggesting that every detail referenced is authoritative, but apparently there is historical consensus on some fronts.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 08:35:17 AM »
Yep ,not sure of each one ,but thats why they wanted to get in there .One of the first places that was emtied after the invasion was the Ancient Mueium.The ole whores wanted back there artifacts .

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 10:14:18 AM »
I'm thinking this is a hoax email circulating. It's been around a while...check www.snopes.com

what u think is hoax?
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 12:21:59 PM »

Well ........as we live in the western world you may ssem to think of this as a hoax. Some of these are proven facts, don`t know if the entire list is all true, but all the ones I glanced at I heard about it from proven sources........... !

Westerners are breed to believe the dawn of civilization was all our doing..........However history has another story to tell.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 12:24:44 PM »

Well ........as we live in the western world you may ssem to think of this as a hoax. Some of these are proven facts, don`t know if the entire list is all true, but all the ones I glanced at I heard about it from proven sources........... !

Westerners are breed to believe the dawn of civilization was all our doing..........However history has another story to tell.

i not assuming queenie mean the info is de hoax..dais y i asked her. so i waiting for her to clarify hoax.
because all that i notice is fact.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 12:32:22 PM »
Hoe....I eh dey wid U.....I know u know what u know if you know what I mean  :beermug:

Real peeps doh know them things...........Jus like when I having lil discussions with my older family members. In the Western world , they does real fool we up to think everywhere else do matter !!

So Hoe I agree wid U...............is the Queenie I dey wid  ;D

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 12:46:26 PM »
where they getting verse 9:11 from the koran from? i reading this?:

http://www.hti.umich.edu/cgi/k/koran/koran-idx?type=DIV0&byte=282392

[9.11] But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, they are your brethren in faith; and We make the communications clear for a people who know.

dat last part is :bs:

dem military contractors writing scripture now. steups.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 12:50:33 PM »

[9.11] But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, they are your brethren in faith; and We make the communications clear for a people who know.

they must be translate(read) it from  right to left..lol

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 01:01:16 PM »

they must be translate(read) it from  right to left..lol

ha ha - that must be the "American" Islamic version.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 05:53:57 PM »
I got that email a long time ago, maybe 2 years and was impressed and interested until I looked up a few of the 'facts'. I have a Qur'an here with English translation. I checked sites for a few others and so on.

Did you check snopes, Hoe? Here is one spot to read http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/quran911.asp

That's where I was going with my first comment on this post.

No I don't think the west invented civilization, quite on the contrary. I think we're trying to end it...lol
As a matter of fact, I don't find this species all that civilized....a new topic...

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 06:03:44 PM »
I got that email a long time ago, maybe 2 years and was impressed and interested until I looked up a few of the 'facts'. I have a Qur'an here with English translation. I checked sites for a few others and so on.

Did you check snopes, Hoe? Here is one spot to read http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/quran911.asp

That's where I was going with my first comment on this post.

No I don't think the west invented civilization, quite on the contrary. I think we're trying to end it...lol
As a matter of fact, I don't find this species all that civilized....a new topic...

queen tell meh which of the facts are wrong..because my refernece is a peer reviewd book not a web site...dais y i asking

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 06:15:51 PM »
PH, I posted a website, you didn't look. I went in, found a page addressing one of the'facts', you're still asking me?  ???
You want me to search each 'fact' and present them for you? If you submit untruths and guesses into your statement, the whole thing crumbles.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2007, 06:18:33 PM »
PH, I posted a website, you didn't look. I went in, found a page addressing one of the'facts', you're still asking me?  ???
You want me to search each 'fact' and present them for you? If you submit untruths and guesses into your statement, the whole thing crumbles.

what yuh tyring to do may crumble but a truth is a turth. so the one or 2 untruths wont change the ones that are true.
the site u sent ...have multiplie topics i thought it was specific.
edit..
i see what u was syaing about that pt. i didnt comment on that i didnt know, dont have or never read the quran.
the other points are true as far as historians are concerned.
thats y in my first reply i asked u to be specific
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 06:25:35 PM by THE Polished Hoe »

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 06:20:15 PM »
john public knows his biblical history well, i know many of these tings and they are facts, looks like Bush was readin de Koran b4 he attack Iraq  ;D

God is de BOSS....

na i got it in an email,  but i do know my Bible  ;D

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 06:24:04 PM »
PH, my opinion is that if you shore up your statement with half truth, truths and lies, the whole thing comes under question which is why I looked up a few of these 'facts' to begin with.

You are correct, truth is truth and even if it is nestled within a lie, it remains a truth but your point will be lost or dismissed.

Not sure where you going with all this. Clarify for me?

Also, in my reply to you I gave you a specific link to a specific answer to the Qur'an verse.

~~~
RasIRed...you 'dey wid me'? Over what?? lol

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 06:29:55 PM »
PH, my opinion is that if you shore up your statement with half truth, truths and lies, the whole thing comes under question which is why I looked up a few of these 'facts' to begin with.

You are correct, truth is truth and even if it is nestled within a lie, it remains a truth but your point will be lost or dismissed.

Not sure where you going with all this. Clarify for me?
Also, in my reply to you I gave you a specific link to a specific answer to the Qur'an verse.

~~~
RasIRed...you 'dey wid me'? Over what?? lol
i eh going any where i was asked y u said hoax. didnt understand what u meant, now i get u meant that the email was not true...right??
but it has factual info in it.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 06:38:51 PM »
lol..PH...

The thread said "Interesting"...it is, IF you can figure out the truths from the untruths...the truths are interesting.

This circulatign email is a hoax if the whole thing is peddled as true.

For instance. If I sent around an email saying something like:

The US invaded Iraq. WMD were being proliferated in that country. They were found in Saddam's palace. President Bush feels his campaign in Iraq was justified.

Is the statement a hoax?

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 06:40:17 PM »
lol..PH...

The thread said "Interesting"...it is, IF you can figure out the truths from the untruths...the truths are interesting.

This circulatign email is a hoax if the whole thing is peddled as true.

For instance. If I sent around an email saying something like:

The US invaded Iraq. WMD were being proliferated in that country. They were found in Saddam's palace. President Bush feels his campaign in Iraq was justified.

Is the statement a hoax?
according to me or de bush administration..lol :devil:

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 06:42:06 PM »
good question eh boy...doh laugh. I feel de Bush admistration is de same fellas who tell we de earth flat.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007, 06:48:06 PM »
good question eh boy...doh laugh. I feel de Bush admistration is de same fellas who tell we de earth flat.
a thought.
lets say its a fact that the sky is blue.
u and i knwo it to be true because we can see it or experience it with our senses and incorporate it into our concciousness.

if u were to tell someone (who has been blind form birth) that the sky is blue its a fact but they dont knwo it for fact because they are unable to experience it with thier senses and incorporate it.
they just have an opnion. 

but bush n dem does live in thier own world i think steven colbert said it best. in bush n dem case is truthiness they was dealing with.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Interesting things about Iraq....
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2007, 07:13:05 PM »
And also,  This is something to think about! Since America is typically  represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim  passages...

The following verse is from the  Koran, (the Islamic Bible) 

Koran  (9:11 ) - For it is written that a  son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle.  The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah  and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more  rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah;  and there was peace.
(Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?!

Everything in the email from 1-19 isn't as important as this last part.  If some of 1-19 inaccurate I would say they just trying to embellish not misrepresent.

BUT...that last part is of critical importance to the credibility of the whole thing.
I cud maybe ignore the 9-11 thing as marketing (not to mention Sadam had nothing to do with 9-11).

But is that quoted piece actually in the Qur'an and how much did they have to stretch and morf the translation to suit their message?

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2007, 07:24:35 PM »
dcs...read it here : http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/quran911.asp

~~~

PH...if a tree falls in the woods and there's no one there to hear it...etc etc...lol

I would think fact and opinion are separate things. In your example, the sky is blue regardless of whether you've experienced it or not.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 07:36:40 PM by Queen Macoomeh »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2007, 07:26:34 PM »

U sure the FBI and illuminati not monitoring who click on dat site?   :nailbiting:     ;D

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2007, 07:33:44 PM »

U sure the FBI and illuminati not monitoring who click on dat site?   :nailbiting:     ;D

lol...anonymity or privacy of the internet is an illusion...go for it!  :devil:

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2007, 07:43:39 PM »

I find u real trying to send us in that dark room.....Hoe I think is a trap.  WHere Hoe....how we eh know he didn't go in and disappear.  Hoe yuh still dere?   :rotfl:

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 07:50:36 PM »
dcs stop maligning meh bad name please? Yuh Go een, go een...PH coming back jes now...go ahead. Ah go wait here fuh yuh.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 07:53:10 PM »

I find u real trying to send us in that dark room.....Hoe I think is a trap.  WHere Hoe....how we eh know he didn't go in and disappear.  Hoe yuh still dere?   :rotfl:
AH WENT N BUY ROTI.......
LOL NOW AH EATING ROTI N GOING N WATCH SOME SOCA ON TRINITV.NET

SO WE GO PIC UP LATERS ;D

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 07:55:55 PM »
Ah make u likkle hun oh what hoe lol ,hear nah post ah link in that tread for the soca eh ,what time it starting jed

1]; } ?>