April 26, 2024, 03:37:36 AM

Author Topic: Ato : Buckle up for carnival  (Read 812 times)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Ato : Buckle up for carnival
« on: February 18, 2007, 09:00:54 PM »
Ato: Buckle up for Carnival

Anna Ramdass

Sunday, February 18th 2007

DRIVE SAFELY: Ato Boldon

Wear your seatbelts.

This is the plea of Olympic medallist and Opposition Senator Ato Boldon who is working with the Arrive Alive team to ensure that people are buckled up and not driving under the influence.

"I am really shocked to see how many people are not wearing their seatbelts," said Boldon in an interview with the Sunday Express yesterday.

Boldon has opted not to go to some fetes but to stay out on the roads and urge people to buckle up and drive safely.

He has been working with Arrive Alive for some time and was spotted on the roads last Thursday night in a mini road block exercise along with the police who were checking for drunk drivers.

"I don't want to see anyone die on the roads, this is not a political thing, this is me doing my part to save a life," said Boldon.

Boldon said five years ago he was almost killed by a drunk driver and he wanted to stress the dangers of drinking and driving.

His pro active role in helping to stop road accidents was incited a few weeks ago following the death of four young people in an accident.

Boldon said he called Arrive Alive and asked them to use him in any way that it could to help stop the carnage on the roads.

At lease one public figure showin that he care  about the people .drunk drivin and drivin wid out seat belt law should realy be inforced.
somtin should realy be done about it . :applause: :applause: :applause: to you Ato.

good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

1]; } ?>