June 08, 2024, 08:30:12 AM

Author Topic: Champions League games (Feb. 20 & 21)  (Read 18615 times)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Re: Champions League games today (Feb. 20)
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2007, 04:06:22 PM »
Anybody see the Giggs goal?

Free kick just outside the area. Giggs put the ball down, didn't wait for the whistle and kick it into a empty net. Ref gave the goal. Lille players make a circle around the ref in the centre circle then.....

WALK OFF THE FIELD!! Like lil children, they threatened to walk off the pitch...3 mins later they came to their senses and the game went on...

Idiots in the stands started throwing things....Game just finished 1-0...but an ordinary match on the pitch...

Oh, and there was potential for a crush in the away end 10 mins into the match...no sign of fighting, but there were too many people in the ManUtd away section...it was scary for a minute but it got sorted out...you'll be hearing PLENTY about this match...
now this is y i dont like quick free kicks. if the ball had hit off one of lille players he might have gotten a card.
i think that within certian distances to the net qucik free kicks shouldnt be allowed.
then again it is up to the opposition to stand infront the ball but here we go catch 22 .. if he does and the players kicks the ball on him..card

They need to decide on a proper rule...because it can't be a rule for some people and not for others, or even worse, ok by some referees and not ok by others.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2007, 04:09:33 PM »
Manchester United fans were involved in a security scare during the Champions League tie against Lille amid scares they were being crushed in the stands.

A problem erupted 15 minutes into the match at Lens' Stade Felix-Bollaert, with some fans being pushed against the 10-foot-high metal security fences.

Fans reacted angrily, prompting riot police to fire tear gas into the stand.

However, after two fans, one an elderly woman, were lifted over the barriers to safety, the unrest was quelled.

Television reports suggested the gates at the back of the stand had been opened by police to allow Red Devils supporters with tickets for the home section of the stadium to sit with their own fans.

United had expressed concerns about the basic facilities at the ground before the match.

The club was surprised Lille were allowed to move the game to the compact 42,000 stadium in northern France rather than a larger, more modern venue like the Stade de France.

Manchester United secretary Ken Ramsden revealed the club would meet with Uefa and Football Association officials after the game to discuss the incident.

Praise the Lord nobody was seriously injured. In instances like these, you have to forget about rivalries and sh*t like that. And whoever is responsible for that bold section should be fired immediately and hauled in front of the courts.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2007, 04:10:43 PM »

Free kick just outside the area. Giggs put the ball down, didn't wait for the whistle and kick it into a empty net. Ref gave the goal. Lille players make a circle around the ref in the centre circle then.....

WALK OFF THE FIELD!! Like lil children, they threatened to walk off the pitch...3 mins later they came to their senses and the game went on...

Idiots in the stands started throwing things....Game just finished 1-0...but an ordinary match on the pitch...

Oh, and there was potential for a crush in the away end 10 mins into the match...no sign of fighting, but there were too many people in the ManUtd away section...it was scary for a minute but it got sorted out...you'll be hearing PLENTY about this match...
now this is y i dont like quick free kicks. if the ball had hit off one of lille players he might have gotten a card.
i think that within certian distances to the net qucik free kicks shouldnt be allowed.
then again it is up to the opposition to stand infront the ball but here we go catch 22 .. if he does and the players kicks the ball on him..card

They need to decide on a proper rule...because it can't be a rule for some people and not for others, or even worse, ok by some referees and not ok by others.

That's what my son was just telling me,I concur it should be the same across the board,more than likely a draw should have been the outcome..............

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2007, 04:48:29 PM »

I vex he score oui. I backing Lille.

same here, i actually had a little bet on the draw, so that late goal, especially the manner of it, pissed me off in no uncertain manner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YACLQOt9NgI

:rotfl: :rotfl:
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2007, 05:43:32 PM »
Madrid just throw away ah next game 3-2 now

So dise 4-3 on aggregate ent?
well for now..it is as it stands..it depends on what goes on int he next game.
if bayern win one nil then thier goal at real will  come into play and they will win  :-\

Thanks
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2007, 05:46:55 PM »
FT scores:

Celtic 0 Milan 0

Lille 0 Man Utd 1

PSV 1 Arsenal 0

Madrid 3 Bayern 2

Wid dat deadly front line Milan have, dey still couldn't score on Celtic  ???. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 05:48:31 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Warrior30

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2007, 05:48:39 PM »
If United never asked for the wall to move back, the Ref doh have to focus on that and United could of do the quick freekick.... If Lile was smart they woulda stand on de ball, forcing the ref to hold up the game and demanding that Man U wait on de whistle
For de love of de game

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2007, 06:00:15 PM »
If United never asked for the wall to move back, the Ref doh have to focus on that and United could of do the quick freekick.... If Lile was smart they woulda stand on de ball, forcing the ref to hold up the game and demanding that Man U wait on de whistle

I get yuh point,but to lose like that is demoralising,it happens maybe 1 in ah million after dominating a game,with relentless attacks,yuh come an loss by some controversial circumstances........   

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2007, 06:08:58 PM »
beautiful goal by giggs GO MAN.U

Ah don't know who to blame for that goal,the referee or the keeper,while I like giggs a lot ah have to say that was a cheap shot,but as the saying goes a goal is a goal..........    

It would be kinda harsh to blame the 'keeper on that one.  He has to set his wall, and that is what he was doing.  I was of the impression that the referee hade to confirm with the attacking team (in a clear communicatve manner) as to whether they wanted to take the free-kick quickly or get the 10 yards measured.  ???  It's a goal, but I never like to see them scored......they are a litle cheap to me.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2007, 06:54:53 PM »
Stop d hating and bullshit...      de Ref gave his permission and it was a goal  the ref said so and everyone agreed  of course Lille would protest         Henry does it all the time yet i never hear ysll complain when he does it   f**k off and stop hating  plus we deserved the win neway

GLORY GLORY BITCHES

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2007, 09:45:50 PM »
Stop d hating and bullshit...      de Ref gave his permission and it was a goal  the ref said so and everyone agreed  of course Lille would protest         Henry does it all the time yet i never hear ysll complain when he does it   f**k off and stop hating  plus we deserved the win neway

GLORY GLORY BITCHES

If is one thing de Enterprise do admire wid Small Mag, when he need to, de breddah nah scared tuh cuss people here left and right, we doh promote disrespect and violence, but we also dislike punks and wimps, be ah man and hold yuh corner, yuh see meh :beermug: . HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 09:52:05 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2007, 09:49:29 PM »
FT scores:

Celtic 0 Milan 0

Lille 0 Man Utd 1

PSV 1 Arsenal 0

Madrid 3 Bayern 2

Wid dat deadly front line Milan have, dey still couldn't score on Celtic  ???. HIGHLY BLESSED.

boy their front line get blight...Ronaldo ineligible, Inzaghi, Oliveria and the other feller were injured...is only Gilardino I believe they had up front and he average. Again I have tuh say that rule barring Ronaldo from playing in the CL real dotish.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 09:54:01 PM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2007, 10:01:01 PM »
FT scores:

Celtic 0 Milan 0

Lille 0 Man Utd 1

PSV 1 Arsenal 0

Madrid 3 Bayern 2

boy their front line get blight...Ronaldo illegible, Inzaghi, Oliveria and the other feller were injured...is only Gilardino I believe they had up front and he average. Again I have tuh say that rule barring Ronaldo from playing in the CL real dotish.

Grande, thanks meh boi, yuh answer de question we had. We saying how de hell ah forward line wid Ronaldo and Inzaghi and de other talents de have up front cannot penetrate Celtic defense, and Falkirk and other teams does open up dey defense like ah tin ah sardine and score  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2007, 10:03:10 PM »

GLORY GLORY BITCHES
Tell them small mag,yuh right yes when henry do it everybody quiet but a player from man.u do it, they ready to bump their gum stueps.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2007, 10:10:31 PM »
FT scores:

Celtic 0 Milan 0

Lille 0 Man Utd 1

PSV 1 Arsenal 0

Madrid 3 Bayern 2

boy their front line get blight...Ronaldo illegible, Inzaghi, Oliveria and the other feller were injured...is only Gilardino I believe they had up front and he average. Again I have tuh say that rule barring Ronaldo from playing in the CL real dotish.

Grande, thanks meh boi, yuh answer de question we had. We saying how de hell ah forward line wid Ronaldo and Inzaghi and de other talents de have up front cannot penetrate Celtic defense, and Falkirk and other teams does open up dey defense like ah tin ah sardine and score  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Supa yuh know how....one word, one player:

L A T A P Y
    1 0

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FEB. 21
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2007, 01:09:20 AM »
Today's games at 2:30 pm:

AS Roma vs Lyon

FC Barcelona vs Liverpool

Chelsea vs FC Porto

Inter Milan vs Valencia

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FEB. 21
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2007, 08:12:33 AM »
Today's games at 2:30 pm:

AS Roma vs Lyon

FC Barcelona vs Liverpool

Chelsea vs FC Porto

Inter Milan vs Valencia

all big games

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: Champions League games (Feb. 20 & 21)
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2007, 01:18:14 PM »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2007, 01:19:12 PM »
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2007, 01:47:25 PM »
FT scores:

Celtic 0 Milan 0

Lille 0 Man Utd 1

PSV 1 Arsenal 0

Madrid 3 Bayern 2

Supa yuh know how....one word, one player:

L A T A P Y
    1 0

Fuh real meh boi, de general is de real deal  :beermug: HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2007, 01:58:15 PM »
Porto has 1 over Chelsea

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2007, 02:01:55 PM »
BIG BIG GOAL BYE SHEVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2007, 02:03:26 PM »
Barca just score a bess goal. 1-0
www.westindiantube.com

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2007, 02:03:56 PM »
1-0 to Barca.

Deco...14th minute
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2007, 02:15:02 PM »
1-0 to Inter Milan....Esteban Cambiasso

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2007, 02:30:21 PM »
liverpool equaliser... keeper mistake
Quaresma playing a blinder for Porto
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2007, 02:31:10 PM »

I doh find so...he had barely kept it from crossing the line buh the man came and kicked it in the back of the net.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2007, 02:32:11 PM »

I doh find so...he had barely kept it from crossing the line buh the man came and kicked it in the back of the net.
True.. but straight at him with no power though.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2007, 02:33:26 PM »
plAYS OF THE HALF chelsea v porto

1. POstigia eating up man on  d e line and setting up de goal
2. sheva eq.
3.diarra big big screen on de line wey he leave out to man.
4.quresma out side shout  :o :o

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2007, 02:34:15 PM »

True.. but straight at him with no power though.

Because he was on the ground after saving the first attempt on goal and Barca defence was no where.
www.westindiantube.com

1]; } ?>