April 29, 2024, 12:43:54 AM

Author Topic: High-tech covers for stadium  (Read 2669 times)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
High-tech covers for stadium
« on: February 20, 2007, 12:49:11 PM »
Trinidad & Tobago Newsday

Tuesday, February 20 2007

PARTYGOERS at Machel Montano’s Alternative Concept 5 were the first to experience the newly installed surface covering at the Hasely Crawford Stadium last Saturday.

Installed in just two days under the supervision of the National Insurance Property Development Company Ltd (Nipdec), the system is comprised of two distinct elements — one for the field (87,000 square feet) and the other (33,000 square feet) for the Mondo track. Both are interlocking, roll-up modular systems. The Portafloor EX, used for the grassy area, allows air to circulate below and so maintains the health of the grass for up to five days.

At a cost of approximately TT$7M, both covers are rugged, durable and easy to store.

Acoording to the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs, the equipment will ensure that the integrity of the playing surfaces at the Hasely Crawford Stadium is maintained.

Cultural and other shows or displays can be accommodated with little or no disturbance to the sporting community.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: High-tech covers for stadium
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 12:49:48 PM »

If allyuh find any pics of these covers from the party sites post it.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 06:44:37 PM »
Trinidad & Tobago Newsday

Tuesday, February 20 2007

PARTYGOERS at Machel Montano’s Alternative Concept 5 were the first to experience the newly installed surface covering at the Hasely Crawford Stadium last Saturday.

Installed in just two days under the supervision of the National Insurance Property Development Company Ltd (Nipdec), the system is comprised of two distinct elements — one for the field (87,000 square feet) and the other (33,000 square feet) for the Mondo track. Both are interlocking, roll-up modular systems. The Portafloor EX, used for the grassy area, allows air to circulate below and so maintains the health of the grass for up to five days.

At a cost of approximately TT$7M, both covers are rugged, durable and easy to store.

Acoording to the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs, the equipment will ensure that the integrity of the playing surfaces at the Hasely Crawford Stadium is maintained.

Cultural and other shows or displays can be accommodated with little or no disturbance to the sporting community.

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

well done

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 07:02:42 PM »
I wish d Arima veledrome had those cover when it was still useful. fete kill d track and d feild. i remember i nearly loss my ankle on field runnin
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 10:19:13 PM »
all dem new stadiums they build should have those installed
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 09:40:07 AM »
They spen 7 million to build a temporary cover for the stadium but cant afford to pay 150,000/200,000 to maintain all the stadiums PER-YEAR and put the rest to help solve crime, even schools or school grants. School kids have to sit on broken down benches and buy refurbish books.

If Carnival so important to Patrick Manning why de hell he didn't take de 7 million and buy some cane land grade it down and build a permanent Savannah strictly for fetes. Brian Lara stadium will go to waste along with de one billion it cost to build....

Manning will bury T&T far far down. De worst crimes in history and de country flowing with money. Bribe de people when election coming and win again and suck de living day lights out of tax payers after.

Allyuh jump and whine to one setta a shit ass Soca they singing now that sounding like Dub and forget about tomorrow.

Our leaders in T&T real stupid and the people more stupid to support this, thats why they will get walk over. Why Carnival done man go cry broke again. Jack Warner go have to take out he money again to pay for we team to play warm up games and so on and de government just smiling because he pay guaranteed.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 12:14:50 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 12:05:41 PM »
They spen 7 million to build a temporary cover for the stadium but cant afford to pay 150,000/200,000 to maintain all the stadiums PER-YEAR and put the rest to help solve crime, even schools or school grants. School kids have to sit on broken down benches and buy refurbish books.

If Carnival so important to Patrick Manning why de hell he didn't take de 7 million and buy some cane land grade it down and build a permanent Savannah strictly for fetes. Brian Lara stadium will go to waste along with de one billion it cost to build....

Manning will bury T&T far far down. De worst crimes in history and de country flowing with money. Bribe de people when election coming and win again and suck de living day lights out of tax payers after.

Allyuh jump and whine to one setta a shit ass Soca they singing now that sounding like Dub and forget about tomorrow.

Our leaders in T&T real stupid and the people more stupid to support this, thats why they will get walk over. Why Carnival done man go cry broke again. Jack Warner go have to take out he money again to pay for we team to play warm up games and so on and de government just smiling because he pay guaranteed.

sam I get what you saying, but I don't think the solution as simple as you say.  I was shocked to see that these covers in Trinidad...so big up for that...and I see the logic behind it...I mean...the population ent coming out to see no joe Public play defence force...but they go come out in they tens of thousands to see Beyonce or jay-Z so......cover the field well and let them pay to keep up the stadium.  sound like good business sense to me. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 12:15:08 PM by Flex »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 12:24:11 PM »
sam I get what you saying, but I don't think the solution as simple as you say.  I was shocked to see that these covers in Trinidad...so big up for that...and I see the logic behind it...I mean...the population ent coming out to see no joe Public play defence force...but they go come out in they tens of thousands to see Beyonce or jay-Z so......cover the field well and let them pay to keep up the stadium.  sound like good business sense to me. 

Your forum name alone says it all......

So spen 7 million for a 2 day event is good business sense to you.... dam you shock me yes..... that money could utlise much better in a long term event and not short term.

Burn 7 million is 2 days is good business sense to you (lard !!!) and some man still eating dry bread....  No wonder no one go to see PFL games its beause everyone in T&T thinks the same, fete hard, support foreign artiste, try to be like others and forget yuh own and about tomorrow.

If Panday had done this, he would have been dead all now....

All that money Manning spending it strange how no body eh kidnapp he or he family yet, my bad, de kidnappers is de Police and them and who paying them, de Government.

Invest in the youths, you could never go wrong, build they future and build T&T, not build a blasted tent for fete that cost 7 million with nothing to account for.

And as I said, If Carnival so important to Patrick Manning why de hell he didn't take de 7 million and buy some cane land grade it down and build a permanent Savannah strictly for fetes, and have a long term venue instead of using our Stadiums our own athletics cant even use.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 12:43:29 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 12:40:29 PM »
Are thes ereusable covers?  Then is not $7m for two days but seven million for 10 years.  Think about that and compare that expenditure to resodding the surface very few months and redoing or reparing the Mondo track  after every event.  That $7m expense could mean mutipurpose use of the stadium as I see it.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 09:51:02 PM »

It ain't a case of using the money somewhere else.

They have a case of not knowing what to do with all the money they sitting on.

Say they have $100 mil.  They cud buy covers for all the fields....pay for the upkeep and do all dem social programs with education and still have money left over.

Those others things aren't getting done because of inefficency....not lack of funds.  So not buying the covers ain't helping.  Is better they buy it and save the surfaces.  Is a matter of how long the covers themselves last after we abuse it   :-[

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 09:52:29 PM »
Are thes ereusable covers?  Then is not $7m for two days but seven million for 10 years.  Think about that and compare that expenditure to resodding the surface very few months and redoing or reparing the Mondo track  after every event.  That $7m expense could mean mutipurpose use of the stadium as I see it.

thanks  :beermug:

to add to that...with retractable covers, they could schedule more events like I listed above and generate more income, so the stadium will be self sustasining and the gov't could spend money ont he things you suggested Sam.

ps..I wanted Lionel richie, but somebody else already take dat one  :D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 09:54:38 PM by bounty killer »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 12:54:35 PM »
What is the current state of the pitches in the different stadia?

I was watching the highlights for the games in May from the Pro League Site
A see a new celebrtion...man walking on his hands   ;D  (Jabloteh player....end of week 3 highlights)

Manny Ramjohn have that dark strip light strip pattern of grass....it was always like that?  It look good....it had a dryish looking area by the corner flag on the scoreboard and grounds side.  I think is the manny.

Some of the other grounds need some watering  :-\

Crawford grass looking high....might be on purpose.  And I see the COE grounds....looking good.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 12:58:37 PM by dcs »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 01:06:59 PM »

Anybody know if we still using these covers for the concerts?

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 01:10:41 PM »

Long Live the PNM... U Ain't See... :-\

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 01:58:34 PM »
"Covers, what Covers, we don't need no steenkin Covers"...
or in the Carnival spirit
"The Covers" by David Rudder     :rotfl:  ah forget to mention, sung to "The Hammer"...rip

7 milli vanilli  vooosh.....for our next big future project that will benefit allyuh...ah retractable roof on the stadium, so when rain fall everybody go be nice an dry....Come with it...Boy, David Copperfield have nuthen on dem fellas...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 02:45:57 PM by maxg »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 02:42:14 PM »
it doesnt surprise me, sam what yuh expect breddah, the same nonsense over and over again will happen, ah long time now people stop investing in our future as a nation and the people.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 04:29:53 PM »
it doesnt surprise me, sam what yuh expect breddah, the same nonsense over and over again will happen, ah long time now people stop investing in our future as a nation and the people.

when yuh say long time yuh mean before manning?
because apparently all dis start wid manning???

me eh opposing yuh eh, ah was just asking.....dais why when i see de thread bout de damage to de stadium, i said i just had to shake meh head and smile, cause is not now dis kinda cacaholeness going on in TnT....say wha, is Manning fault.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 04:46:33 PM »
I am no Manning fan. So what was the alternative. Leave the stadium empty. The stadium was built to hold multiple events. Machel fete bringing money. The covers are needed. They can also use the covers at the other stadiums. Look Let TTFF build they own football specific stadium like Wembley then they would have to worry about Carnival mash up the field.

1]; } ?>