April 19, 2024, 06:51:16 AM

Author Topic: KEANE: PLAYERS MAKE MISTAKES  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Warrior30

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
KEANE: PLAYERS MAKE MISTAKES
« on: February 20, 2007, 08:52:22 AM »
I always liked him as a player and he proving to be a good manager!!!!!!!!!!!

KEANE: PLAYERS MAKE MISTAKES
 E-mail Article  Print-Friendly  Subscribe to RSS Feed
  Post to del.icio.us

By Damian Spellman, PA Sport

Roy Keane has warned managers cannot be responsible for their players 24 hours a day.

After seeing the behaviour of professional footballers make for more lurid headlines over the weekend following alleged incidents during Liverpool's training break in Portugal last week, The Sunderland boss insisted there has to be an element of trust.

He said: "You cannot keep an eye on players 24 hours a day. Players will make mistakes - I think I made one or two along the way.

"You cannot keep an eye on them 24 hours a day, you have got to try to trust them.

"If they do make a mistake, then you have got to try to deal with it.

"But you do not know what is around the corner. Footballers are human beings, they make mistakes.

"A lot of stuff anyway is blown out of all proportion. I take it with a pinch of salt. It is always exaggerated."

Former Manchester United captain Keane has stamped his authority on Wearside in the six months since he took over the Sunderland reins, moving on players he felt did not match up to his requirements and enforcing strict discipline on and off the field.

His regime at the Stadium of Light now includes his players staying in a local hotel the night before a home game to ensure they are fully rested for the following day's exertions.
For de love of de game

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: KEANE: PLAYERS MAKE MISTAKES
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 02:47:09 PM »
Keene kinda molded along the Sir Alex Ferguson way.  That is why they couldn't get along at times.  Two borat cyar live in one hole. ;D

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: KEANE: PLAYERS MAKE MISTAKES
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 03:25:04 AM »
Keene kinda molded along the Sir Alex Ferguson way.  That is why they couldn't get along at times.  Two BORAT cyar live in one hole. ;D

I certainly wouldn't want to be in that hole.......

1]; } ?>