April 28, 2024, 04:28:21 PM

Author Topic: CRO,CRO WANT PUBLIC APOLOGY  (Read 7152 times)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
CRO,CRO WANT PUBLIC APOLOGY
« on: February 22, 2007, 07:14:59 PM »
Cro Cro

By Shaliza Hassanali

NEWLY-crowned Calypso Monarch Weston “Cro Cro” Rawlins yesterday called on fellow calypsonian and long-standing friend Michael “Sugar Aloes” Osuna to publicly apologise to him for “creating mischief and confusion.”

Rawlins said he deserved an apology from Aloes, who accused him of winning the prestigious Calypso Monarch crown with an old song entitled, Nobody Ain’t Go Know.

Aloes, on Tuesday, claimed Nobody Ain’t Go Know was heard more than a decade ago at the Master’s Den, a calypso tent managed by calypsonian Shadow, at Henry Street, Port-of-Spain.

Cro Cro, however, has maintained that his calypso was an original composition.

Often referred to as the Mighty Midget, Rawlins admitted he penned the song several years ago, which he had named Suitcase.

The song, he said, which was never sang in public was reworked and renamed Nobody Ain’t Go Know by Cro Cro, last December.

I am not going to take on Aloes or anyone for that matter. God knows the truth. What Aloes said was unfair and unfounded, and I think I deserve a public apology from him for the mischief he has caused.”

In a telephone interview, the four-time Calypso Monarch said he was now forced to steer clear of certain people in the calypso fraternity, who, he claimed, only “make bacchanal and comess.

All they try and do is bring you down. I have to be careful with them from now on, he said.

Look how far they reach but I know they can’t touch this short man when it comes to writing calypso... they can’t beat me.

They still have to lick their wounds whether they like it or not.”

Winston Scarborough, The Original Defosto Himself, who placed second in the competition said after reading the Guardian’s story, he did some research and found out that Suitcase and Nobody Ain’t Go Know “were two entirely different songs in terms of melody, rhythm and story concept.”

Defosto said Cro Cro deserved the coveted title because he had shown that he could sing anything and still come out on top.

Contacted yesterday, Aloes, manager of the Calypso Revue tent, said he had decided to drop the matter.

If I was a finalists in the Calypso Monarch competition, I would have pursued it... I think I had a right to bring the matter out in the open, he said.

But if Tuco not taking me on, I can’t fight them. I done with that.”

Michael Leggerton, president of the Trinbago Unified Calypsonians Organisation, yesterday distanced himself from the ongoing controversy.

Leggerton said: “When people have problems with another man’s song, they should bring their proof to the organisation.”

Watch out for carnival nex year he go make ah song on all ah dem who accusing him of singing ah old song.the man will be cumin wid ah
vengance .man woh have to brakes for dey self.

good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Cro Cro damns colleagues....
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 10:43:00 PM »
Trinidad Guardian
Sunday 25th February, 2007
Cro Cro damns colleagues
by Debbie Jacob

No one claimed that Cro Cro pulled his calypso crown out of a hat, but minutes after he was crowned the National Calypso Monarch of Trinidad and Tobago, calypsonians began to cry Cro Cro had dipped into his “Suitcase” for the song he performed on Dimanche Gras. Cro Cro’s winning calypso, they claimed, had been sung in Shadow’s Master’s Den in 1989.

“Don’t mix me up in those young people soca bacchanal with people who can’t write songs and thief lyrics and music from old pop songs. I don’t steal from anyone—including myself. I’m too big for that,” says Cro Cro about the accusations that surround him.

Cro Cro dismisses allegations against him as “wickedness and mischief... It can’t be as soon as the results are in Aloes comes up with this weird idea that it was a song from the past. I sang my winning kaiso Nobody Eh Go Know the whole season in my Icons calypso tent.

The song, about how Trinidadians pressure their friends to deliver goods abroad when they travel, was going down great and no one ever complained. No one ever claimed it was an old song.”

Up to now, Cro Cro says, he can’t even fathom what an “old” song is.

“Some calypsoes take six years to complete. Sometimes you write a song and you don’t feel to use it for some years.”

To make a long story short, Weston Rawlins, the Mighty Cro Cro, says there is no truth in the claim that his winning calypso is an old song.

“What Aloes, Gypsy and Skatie are doing is dangerous,” says Cro Cro.

“It makes you wonder who your friends are.”

Not that there is any love lost between Cro Cro and Aloes, the last two generals, so to speak, in the calypso war tradition. Their bitter rivalry reaches back to when they sang in Kitchener’s Revue.

“Aloes was always my junior in terms of writing calypso and winning.

He can’t write. He just likes to win. I sang that in a song before. I said, ‘Whenever you sing, you always have to take a position behind the short man.’”

Past feuds aside, Cro Cro says Aloes’ accusations on Dimanche Gras came out of the blue.

Medical problems

“Aloes called me about two weeks before the show. He was friendly. He didn’t mention anything about my kaiso. Now, I feel all of these accusations on his part could be due to his medical problem. Because he’s been sick, things could seep in his blood stream and go to his brain so it could just be a medical problem,” says Cro Cro.

Cro Cro feels jealousy and bitterness played a major role in criticism against him.

“It’s a hate thing. Aloes is a devil. I always felt to be safe is to stay far from Aloes.

“That’s the reason why as soon as Jazzy Pantin died (the manager of the Revue). I took a side immediately. I was in front to run that tent. I was the man after Kitchener in the track record and everything, but I wasn’t staying in the Revue because I knew Aloes was never a person to be trusted. The dotishness he indulges in never works.

“Aloes and all of them who accused me should apologise, but there are calypsonians who can’t do that because they don’t have much schooling. They know cutlass and gun. Still, they afraid to come behind me.”

All calypsonians, Cro Cro says, should take a lesson from him. The difference between his competitors and himself, Cro Cro says is his humility.

“I am humble. Vagrants talk to me. I take my time and listen to them.

Many times I reach my home in Buenos Ayres late because I was in Port-of-Spain discussing my calypsoes with vagrants.”

Cro Cro sees himself as the saviour of traditional calypso, an art form that some fans claim is in danger of dying.

“It’s not dying as long as I’m alive. I just wrote a calypso for my daughter, Kerise, and she won a competition. The best thing going for calypso right now is me. Me, me, me. There isn’t much else going for it.

“Kaiso is my life. I live kaiso. I go to sleep at 7.30 pm and I get up at 12.30 am and I write the whole night until 4.30 am. I say to all calypsonians, ‘Instead of fighting, go and write a calypso.’”

Cro Cro is already writing a new calypso:

“I ask Protector and Tuco to buy an ambulance for calypsonians who are in the finals with me

Because it going to have plenty more casualties if they tangle with me.”

Right now, Cro Cro says, he doesn’t like anyone in calypso.

Not buying drinks

“Well, I like M’Ba and Johnny King. They’re good boys, and I like the people in my tent. But the others, when they see money they go bad. I don’t know if they’re owing people or what.”

The 2007 Calypso Monarch’s plan is to cut off any contact with fellow calypsonians.

“From now on calypsonians will not be able to come by me and drink my Guinness. Even Skatie. He used to drink half of my Guinness and I don’t even like him. No more. I’ll stay by myself and I’ll have more time to write and I’ll have more money because I won’t be buying drinks for them.”

“The bottom line is this,” says Cro Cro. “Gypsy is a green verb king; Aloes is a green verb queen and Skatie doesn’t even know a verb from a noun.

“Aloes, Gypsy and Skatie could never beat me in calypso. They’re weaklings. Aloes was fairly all right at one time, but God stopped him.

Gypsy got stopped politically and Skatie should never even be in a final.

He was never good and he has nothing to work with. The whole world knows what I’m saying is true.”

When all the Carnival dust settles Cro Cro is betting he will retain his crown. In the land of calypso, Cro Cro is now a king fish.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: CRO,CRO WANT PUBLIC APOLOGY
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 12:27:02 PM »
Cro Cro mash dem up wit a new song in Champs

Say dem should apologize to he.

He is de master of de art form.

Dey eh want nutting wit Cro Cro.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 02:29:53 PM »
That iz jus the smoke they will feel the burning from the venom next year for carnival , the man  know how to put words together and make people want to listen , the man iz so humorous .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 07:39:10 PM »
Let's just simply say 2007  belongs Cro Cro.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 08:44:10 PM »
nah ah drink fuh dem!...not even water...dem man jokey to bad yes ;D

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 12:10:46 PM »
Cro Cro is pure quality yes  ;D
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 03:37:55 PM »
I want to buss cro cro head to ..
War..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 04:56:24 PM »
War..
ok
wha Cro Cro do now?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 02:59:02 PM »
War..
ok
wha Cro Cro do now?

West Like yu aint know from Long Time CRO CRO Love diss Coolie People . and I aint like dat .. I will buss he facking head whenever I see Him..
War..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 11:20:58 PM »
Cro Cro wicked eh ,but he showing the young singers how to do it .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2buTZbQyFWM&feature=related

make it seem indian causing every problem in Trini lol

Chalkie is ah master too ,and he keep u up to date ,watchman was a ah boss to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6Ya6ZkvJgQ&feature=related

sorry for this here eh peeps ,but if Jack was I****N CRO CRO whoulda done dust he off .
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 12:06:38 AM by Quagmire »

1]; } ?>