April 16, 2024, 04:15:14 AM

Author Topic: what's up with Aurtis Whitley.  (Read 5570 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
what's up with Aurtis Whitley.
« on: February 24, 2007, 11:12:01 AM »
Does any one know what's going on with Aurtis Whitley, i havn't seen or heard from him since W.C.  i was just curious to know if he is still localy based or not. iam hoping for the best because he's such a talented worrior.   positive.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 12:08:26 PM by Tallman »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

TrinInfinite

Re: what's up with Aurtis Whitley.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 11:18:54 AM »
he still playing with jabloteh breddah, but he was playin de ass wit de national team, that and he is apart of the players who suing the ttff...

God is de BOSS...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 12:10:14 PM »
He lost focus after de WC. Ah waiting tuh see whether or not he regains it. Post WC was de time fuh him tuh take advantage of de momentum he had built, but he chose otherwise.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 04:55:25 PM »
nothing............................he got dropped from jabloteh stating line up  for the all important CFU cup final vz W con
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 09:12:49 PM »
seems like a wasted talent lookin tuh cash in.... then again on the cash in part... who could blame him...

but yeah... ah waste...
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 07:40:14 AM »
Ssstteeeuupppsss....I was looking forward to so much from dis boy eh.....chhuuppsss.. >:( :(

Seems like some people cyar handle fame.....why somebody doh slap some sense into him...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 04:43:55 PM »
The biggest dissapointment post WC
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 05:37:09 PM »
Ssstteeeuupppsss....I was looking forward to so much from dis boy eh.....chhuuppsss.. >:( :(

Seems like some people cyar handle fame.....why somebody doh slap some sense into him...

Can you think of what might be the result of anyone attempting to slap aurtis whitely?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 05:32:08 AM »

Can you think of what might be the result of anyone attempting to slap aurtis whitely?

Yeah ah did think bout it.....ah know it going have devastating consequences for de slapper.... ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 07:19:44 AM »
He and Cyd gray get some dollars from Jabloteh after the WC...I think they get house too, if I not mistaken.
I hear the man also have a couple cars on the road, with people wukking PH for him.  He only studying bling bling and is a real shotta in the east.  So dollars not really hard for him to come by.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 08:40:41 PM »
He and Cyd get a 2 bedroom pad. He egt a million and he buy foreign use and have man wuking PH. So I guess he happy with that. What a waste
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 10:39:11 PM »
This eh soundin' good. Ah guess he has a right to say that  he has reached his own personal mountain top. Well.....ah go have to slip in a next tough-tackling defensive mid player for my nex' Gold Cup / World Cup team......in meh dreams.  Goo luck to you Whitley........
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 05:35:23 AM »
He and Cyd get a 2 bedroom pad. He egt a million and he buy foreign use and have man wuking PH. So I guess he happy with that. What a waste

He and Cyd gray get some dollars from Jabloteh after the WC...I think they get house too, if I not mistaken.
I hear the man also have a couple cars on the road, with people wukking PH for him. He only studying bling bling and is a real shotta in the east. So dollars not really hard for him to come by.

All yuh serious?? :o....nah!!..... :banginghead: :banginghead:......

Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 01:48:58 PM »
so what wrong with putting some car on de road???

alllyuh so perfect it does amaze me.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2007, 02:08:15 PM »
so what wrong with putting some car on de road???

alllyuh so perfect it does amaze me.

In theory there is nothing wrong with having some cars on the road making some money.  I think why folks have a problem with Whitley doing it is that, he has seemingly choosen that as a primary business venture.  Where as most folks would have expected to see him pursue his skills to their full potential and try to get out to a bigger league, and have the cars on the road as a side thing.

Now I dont know if infact he has given up on moving up and out to a bigger league, but alot of reports on here seem to indicate that he is quite fine with his WC money and remaining in the PFL.
That is underachievment to the highest degree, for a man I thought performed quite well in the WC, even Dwarika must be shaking his head like "breds yuh killing me"

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 02:20:16 PM »
I hear the man also have a couple cars on the road, with people wukking PH for him.  He only studying bling bling and is a real shotta in the east.  So dollars not really hard for him to come by.

Some of us may not like de bling bling and thing, but if we look around today, T&T, Jamaica, New York, Miami, Boston etc, de list could go on and on, de youths and dem like dey bling. I would say most young black folks like dey nice car, bling bling and tuh flex like ah big ballah and big spender. Also nothing eh wrong with people working PH for him, cuz everybody does invest dey money in different ways. I would also add dat nothing is wrong wid dat, Supa and de bois here like dem things 2 (bling, bling, nice car) but the key in it, is dat yuh must handle yuh business, and know there is a time and place fuh all dem flash. I don't know what is Whitley's decision as far as his football career is concern, but my response is tuh dis post. This is not directed at you Pardners, but people will run up dey mouth on Whitley, cuz some of dem may be jealous de man step up in de life, and dey doh have ah damn thing on dey name. Trust me Mr Whitley, enjoy yuh bling and money boss, just have yuh priorities in order, or else yuh will flop big time. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 07:50:16 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2007, 03:03:59 PM »
ah playing devil's advocate....what is de difference between whitley and landon donavon...if dem men rather stay home and ply they trade so be it...happiness doe necessarily mean yuh have to go foreign and get ah contract.... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 03:28:32 PM »
ah playing devil's advocate....what is de difference between whitley and landon donavon...if dem men rather stay home and ply they trade so be it...happiness doe necessarily mean yuh have to go foreign and get ah contract.... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

True..true..in a way if de man happy with what he have and where he reach, well more power to him yes, but still, it a little disappointing. Man, meaning the fans, woulda like to see him reach where his potential suggests he could reach.
Aurtis eh ready yet man; from de time he went England and come back saying he miss home and it too cold. We players need a psychologist bad. I tired say dat.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2007, 05:07:20 PM »
from a serious source they caught him outside a night club with a gun ???

got this info from a close friend of him and a officer ask around the streets in town hear what they say  :devil: :devil:
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 06:25:09 PM »
Nuthin wrong with Ph. many of us would not have reached home if man was pulling bull is the bull that Whitley playin is we problem

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 06:39:55 PM »
De man is an untreepuneeer, soon he go have all dem yellowban and red ban maxi taxis wuking  fuh him. Ain't nutting wrong with him, he just want to make he millions local!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2007, 11:19:18 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:.....weary all yuh fellahs is real head yes, good one, no really, good friggin one..."is the bull that Whitley playin is we problem."
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2007, 12:04:18 AM »
Men here real funny. Whitley's obligation is to himself and his happiness
It have real men on this board could contribute to the improvement of Trinidad but prefer to bump up they gum in cyber space bout who jokey.

What is all yuh definition of success?

My friends and I had this arguemnt already. A man could be successful yet fall way short of his potential.

How many of us put in extra hours on the job or studying to achieve our full potential?

I disappointed with what going on with some of our footballers but I am not in there shoes so I not casting judgement.

Right now I in grad school. If I had one  million  + or - a few hundred thousand. Also a wuk paying ten thousand + TT and money coming in from a couple a PH cars  I woulda be in Trinidad too. Throw a fully paid for house and being home for carnival. Juh all yuh making yoke. That is the thing self. I kissing winter good bye without hesitation.  If all yuh doh agree all yuh lying to all yuh self. Plain talk bad manners.

As trinis one of the things that make us unique is our laid back attitude. That is why we does have hurricane & curfew party. That is also why the country in the condition it is today. This is the positive as well as the negatives of our culture.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 12:06:35 AM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2007, 02:00:44 PM »
Fellas, ah sorry if allyuh take mih the wrong way when I mentioned about the PH cars and thing.  I really didn't mean it in a bad way.  I was just reporting on information that come mih way as the man from up on my side.

The thing is that word on the block is that the man just not interested in football now.  He not on the Jabloteh starting team.  I hear he sweating in a minor league in San Juan, but I would take that with a pinch of salt because PFL players not supposed to be playing in them leagues...they get fined.

Another thing is that PH is not a respectable profession.  Yeah PH is the only way some of us will reach home in the night, but is still against the law.  The trade is also linked to kidnapping, raping, road rage etc etc.  But is not Aurtis involved personally, he have men wukking the cars for him.  In the larger context, a man might get $100 to $150 a day for six days.  That is basically US$100 a week...US$400/mth.  Rippin if you in grad school, that is hardly something to come back home to.  The money probably done, because that is what he used to buy the cars and the bling.

All that apart, men just hurt that another potential great footballer gone to seed...not in old age, but in his youth.   The warriors was supposed to be role models and icons in the community, but we not really seeing that.  It sad, because where Aurtis come from that is the life he know from small and choose to live out now.

The big money makers CLICO and Jerry Hospedales and them coulda provide some counselling and financial advise for the man.  Anyway, is his life to live, and he certainly not hungry right now.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2007, 04:49:51 PM »
Fellas, ah sorry if allyuh take mih the wrong way when I mentioned about the PH cars and thing.  I really didn't mean it in a bad way.  I was just reporting on information that come mih way as the man from up on my side.

The thing is that word on the block is that the man just not interested in football now.  He not on the Jabloteh starting team.  I hear he sweating in a minor league in San Juan, but I would take that with a pinch of salt because PFL players not supposed to be playing in them leagues...they get fined.

Another thing is that PH is not a respectable profession.  Yeah PH is the only way some of us will reach home in the night, but is still against the law.  The trade is also linked to kidnapping, raping, road rage etc etc.  But is not Aurtis involved personally, he have men wukking the cars for him.  In the larger context, a man might get $100 to $150 a day for six days.  That is basically US$100 a week...US$400/mth.  Rippin if you in grad school, that is hardly something to come back home to.  The money probably done, because that is what he used to buy the cars and the bling.

All that apart, men just hurt that another potential great footballer gone to seed...not in old age, but in his youth.   The warriors was supposed to be role models and icons in the community, but we not really seeing that.  It sad, because where Aurtis come from that is the life he know from small and choose to live out now.

The big money makers CLICO and Jerry Hospedales and them coulda provide some counselling and financial advise for the man.  Anyway, is his life to live, and he certainly not hungry right now.

de man almost 30..so i don't know what youth yuh referring to pardners...he is not no yorke or latapy..so his pre WC performances and WC performances aside i honestly don't see no foreign club running him down to sign him..let de man bling in piece nah..lol
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 05:37:06 PM by #8 »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2007, 05:43:58 PM »

Ah thought of saying that in mih earlier post.....thanks for reminding mih....ah dohknow nah....we as a people just seem like we love to accept mediocrity...and de easy way out....

Sorry Autis fuh hoping for more from yuh.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline chic

• New Warrior
  • diva warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2007, 05:56:42 PM »

Yeah ah did think bout it.....ah know it going have devastating consequences for de slapper.... ;D

true  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2007, 06:01:13 AM »
IDEALLY!!!!!!! everybody would/should live up to their true potential, but i (we all?) realize in life it doesn't always work out that way(any sensible 18-yr old would also realize that soon enough).....if whitley want to play de ass (after playing in de people wc) that is his business....that just open up a spot for another youth, right? also, if ah man post something that friggin funny, and i log onto to the forum bredda, and ah read it, i go be a laughing ass......that is not to say i wouldn't hope that the man (and others like him) don't still strive to achieve 'greatness' in whatever field/sport/whatever they involved in.......
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2007, 06:42:35 AM »

Ah thought of saying that in mih earlier post.....thanks for reminding mih....ah dohknow nah....we as a people just seem like we love to accept mediocrity...and de easy way out....
Sorry Autis fuh hoping for more from yuh.....

nail on the head

1]; } ?>