April 25, 2024, 06:13:15 PM

Author Topic: What is your view on our present crop of players  (Read 1340 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
What is your view on our present crop of players
« on: February 25, 2007, 08:29:23 PM »
Just curious, we will be missing 3 main players next WC campaign. Presently, who do you think will fill the shoes of: -

Shaka Hislop?

Russel Latapy?

Dwight Yorke?

I really keen on finding out everyone views.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

TrinInfinite

Re: What is your view on our present crop of players
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 11:07:49 PM »
latas shoes will be filled bu hardest, yorke shoes still left to be seen, shaka maybe it will be phillips, maybe ince or williams....

I think for the 2010 WC campaign, our team will be a very talented squad, one of de most talented in its history.. I also think we will qualify for 2010 in the top 3 teams...

God is de BOSS...

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 11:51:41 AM »
latas shoes will be filled bu hardest, yorke shoes still left to be seen, shaka maybe it will be phillips, maybe ince or williams....

I think for the 2010 WC campaign, our team will be a very talented squad, one of de most talented in its history.. I also think we will qualify for 2010 in the top 3 teams...

God is de BOSS...

I don't think we have a player to fill latas shoes. Those shoes are too big to fill.....That is why I ask it. Jemmott will be 30 next year gods willing. Latas had already make a name for himself at that age. He was the countrys' saviour...god....legend!

I was thinking Jones would have been a man to step up in the front line or even as a defensive midfielder. He is young, quality, and bound for EPL soon (I think).  Dwight shoes just as big to fill but I think or atleast hope Jones will fill them on day. He is big, holds the ball well, shoots well, great in the air and can finish. Same as Yorkie.

Carlos doing well for himself as well. I love it!!

Some of the players that we need to step up to big responsibilities are very silent. Theo say he going Austria on some trials. What the rest doing with themselves?

Spann?
Aurtis?
Wolfe?
Noreiga?

I want Marvin to get his chance in goal to at least show us what he is made off. I think he is good goalkeeper and have potential to be even better.

What Collin and Jason doing. I mean we know where they play.

CFU group phase for WC qualifiers starting next year if you guys don't realize. It's a big year this year. In the wink of an eye is concacaf group WC qualifications.

Kingman
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 11:56:17 AM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 12:26:21 PM »

God is de BOSS...

I don't think we have a player to fill latas shoes. Those shoes are too big to fill.....That is why I ask it. Jemmott will be 30 next year gods willing. Latas had already make a name for himself at that age. He was the countrys' saviour...god....legend!

I was thinking Jones would have been a man to step up in the front line or even as a defensive midfielder. He is young, quality, and bound for EPL soon (I think).  Dwight shoes just as big to fill but I think or atleast hope Jones will fill them on day. He is big, holds the ball well, shoots well, great in the air and can finish. Same as Yorkie.

Carlos doing well for himself as well. I love it!!

Some of the players that we need to step up to big responsibilities are very silent. Theo say he going Austria on some trials. What the rest doing with themselves?

Spann?
Aurtis?
Wolfe?
Noreiga?

I want Marvin to get his chance in goal to at least show us what he is made off. I think he is good goalkeeper and have potential to be even better.

What Collin and Jason doing. I mean we know where they play.

CFU group phase for WC qualifiers starting next year if you guys don't realize. It's a big year this year. In the wink of an eye is concacaf group WC qualifications.

Kingman

Kingman not so sure about spann he had his chance i remember dundee united made him a solid offer be he and his agent was talking about CL clubs.

But to answer your question I think we are safe in the goal keeping and foward department our defenders would go from strenght to strenght. but yorke and latapy departure left a huge void in the middle..... and  that will be hard to fill so i not going to predict that we have to see who will step/emerge over the next 12 months it could be, spann, whitley daniel, theobald,hardest wha the hell maye even leston paul..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 01:11:17 PM »
 Nobody will be able to fill Yorke and Latapy shoes from the present crop of players...Is not even questionable...That come like what the Argentines do when they trying to find a replacement for Maradona(eg Messi, Saviola, Tevez, etc)....France have Gourcuff(He is very impressive in my eyes and I think he will be the next big thing...Not C.Ronaldo...anyway) Ribery...blah blah...Nobody could thoroughly fill another players role...especially players like Latapy and Yorke...Shaka shoes could be filled simply becasue goalkeeping age is higher and we have some decent goalies that could attain that standard under the right conditions

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 02:49:59 PM »

God is de BOSS...

it is almost disgusting to compare Hardest to Lataz... He could never for his shoes and niether can any footballer for that matter... the man was a legendary and unique talent.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

1]; } ?>