March 28, 2024, 07:31:55 AM

Author Topic: Rats gone wild in Ney York  (Read 4431 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rats gone wild in Ney York
« on: February 24, 2007, 12:30:12 PM »
 ewww you see this http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rats+in+taco+bell&search=Search
I don't even want to watch them in KFC and Taco bell

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Re: Rats gone wild in Ney York
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 01:45:43 PM »
Health issues vs Profit making....
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 01:49:29 PM by TriniCana »

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 01:53:42 PM »
oh that's so very nasty...but New York is an old town, the roaches and rats own that city.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 02:54:08 PM »
Yeh, all them people who doz live on fas food now yuh see who yuh shearin wid , ah doh have dat to worry about dat , doh feel dize de only place dat happening all fsa food places.even the grocery stores.  and for dem people who doz drink soda directly  from cans rat pp iz poison .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 03:06:19 PM »
Zulu boy...years ago in Toronto I went in McDonald's and buy ah sangwich. By de time I reach home ah went from red skin to green skin. Ah was sick like a dawg. From dat day I never darken dey doorstep.

When we move here to dis tong, we did go in de snackette but each time one of we get sick. Ah say yuh know what? Meh mudda make two nice girl chirren. Nidda one is ah fool. Ah doh eat in dem places and when I do go in restaurant it hatta come good...no fass food place unless ah go een to buy ah pack'ak chingum. Ah cah even rememebr de lass time ah drink pop much less to out de can to meh mout.

Ah does cook in mhe yard oui. I ent able

I very scornful...

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 04:07:54 PM »
some of the people working in the food industry should really not be there. they have a cafeteria at work and the first time i went there and ordered something and watch as the man put on latex gloves, move a garbage can and then using those same gloves to pick up food. i was so blasted vex, i left and didn't pay. the guy that ran the cafeteria at the old building i worked in was a very clean fella (jamaican actually) and no one ever had problems eating food out of his kitchen. nothing beats good management. alot of these franchises cheapening the staff hiring one setta a kids that doh care. i find family-owned places are better run, but they seem to go out of business faster  :-\

Offline Daddyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 04:18:32 PM »
doesnt surprise me,i saw a HUGE plague of rats one night in Manhattan,like i never seen before.People ran like the wind.but,its their city too,you know. :o :)
If we had some bacon,we could have some bacon and eggs........................................................................................................................................................if we had some eggs.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 05:27:17 PM »
please do not give them passport to cross the boarder by detroit eh
wait is we dat need passport to come by allyuh...steups

well just keep dem please

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 07:31:03 PM »
Cana, did you ever see the last Dracula movie they did with the shop lifter...uhmm...gawshe, the girl who they had in court for stealing stuff from stores...ahmmm...
anyway I will remember...
Keanu Reeves and Anthony Hopkins were in this version too...

There was a scene where Hopkins was chasing after dracula and he turned into a wall of rats and disappeared...
Now I am a wuss eh, so I watched that movie in broad daylight in my house - no night movie for me. All thise rats had my skin crawling. Now to see these things in a food store?
Oh Geeede!

Compre I agree with you and the small family restaurants. The chains all have careless people for whom the job is simply a step over to something else or a way to earn bus fare. They really don't care about service, hygiene or the customer. Sometimes it's best not to know what's going on in the kitchen oui.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 07:54:13 PM by Queen Macoomeh »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007, 08:05:37 PM »
yeah please remember Queen because I only watch real horror movies eg SAW I & II

just leggo 10 hungry cat in NY and allyuh set.....
so lemme just jut dis little information for future reference eh "queen fraid rat"

that video just convinced alot of people to stop eating at fast food resturants
hopefully obesity would decrease and more jobs in the health sector.
I could just imagine the phones ringing off the hooks at the KFC headquarters.

anyone ever saw the documentary "supersize me ?"

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 08:33:29 PM »
yes ah fraid rat, de four leg one and de 2 leg one...

Yep I saw Supersize Me...lol...we just sat here shaking our heads.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 08:47:03 PM »
trini the size ah dem rat cat doz run from, becaz them iz city rat they bright real bright .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 07:08:41 AM »
trini the size ah dem rat cat doz run from, becaz them iz city rat they bright real bright .

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
ya know ya rats well pappa

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 10:09:07 AM »
Someone called? :devil:
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 10:20:59 AM »
some of the people working in the food industry should really not be there. they have a cafeteria at work and the first time i went there and ordered something and watch as the man put on latex gloves, move a garbage can and then using those same gloves to pick up food. i was so blasted vex, i left and didn't pay. the guy that ran the cafeteria at the old building i worked in was a very clean fella (jamaican actually) and no one ever had problems eating food out of his kitchen. nothing beats good management. alot of these franchises cheapening the staff hiring one setta a kids that doh care. i find family-owned places are better run, but they seem to go out of business faster  :-\
yuh talk some sense there  :)
is not only the fast food chains and them have slack HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point) plans..Tyson Foods and Conagra just as bad..when them screw up is millions of people at risk.
Most people ent realize when they get sick is mostly cause of something wrong with the food.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 05:56:25 PM »
dred wtf...

The most disturbing thing about it is that people around there seem to have such a lack of better things to do...

They stickin around so they can spray some of the most unclever unimiginative idiotic shit commentary i ever hear next tuh ah ruskin mark and alvin corneal commetated match...

right de place nasty and have rats... doh support dem by not buying dey food and go on yuh way nuh... fuh f**ks sake.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 01:00:21 AM »
dred wtf...

The most disturbing thing about it is that people around there seem to have such a lack of better things to do...

They stickin around so they can spray some of the most unclever unimiginative idiotic shit commentary i ever hear next tuh ah ruskin mark and alvin corneal commetated match...

right de place nasty and have rats... doh support dem by not buying dey food and go on yuh way nuh... fuh f**ks sake.

Well man Jefferz, after living dey for years ah could give you real horror stories dat go make any man toss up he own lunch yes.  When ah have some time ah go post de story bout de rat dat wanted to take over an apt dat ah was living in LOL :rotfl: :rotfl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2007, 08:57:25 AM »
when I see the title of the post I say we boy "Rat" gone postal in NY oui! I now looking for pics with ah man in cuffs as he's shoved into a police car..screaming that he' didn't know they were under 16 or woulda neva take pics of they bamsee.

We have ah cure for the rat problem (who ever see survivor man on tv here in Canada?) all we have to do is give him ah camera and send him dong. The man does eat rat like is chicken oui!

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2007, 05:56:11 PM »
well, when i went to work saturday, that's when they tell me 'bout the problem.  my location just happens to be a few  train stops from them( the resataurant that i believe was closed down).
 in new york some of the kfc and taco bells are  close to each other . i'm in the kfc section. well, they literally had me working all night trying to make sure all spots was clean.
     i dont understand the big deal. in the stock area , rats always would run around before this happened.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 06:37:48 PM »
well, when i went to work saturday, that's when they tell me 'bout the problem.  my location just happens to be a few  train stops from them( the resataurant that i believe was closed down).
 in new york some of the kfc and taco bells are  close to each other . i'm in the kfc section. well, they literally had me working all night trying to make sure all spots was clean.
     i dont understand the big deal. in the stock area , rats always would run around before this happened.

you don't understand the big deal?

well is now I lorse...

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2007, 07:09:16 PM »

you don't understand the big deal?

well is now I lorse...

i forgot  most people here  are  not from new york, the  capital city of  rats.....

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 07:13:42 PM »

i forgot  most people here  are  not from new york, the  capital city of  rats.....

I thought that was Washington, DC

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2007, 07:40:15 PM »

I thought that was Washington, DC

Nah ah think NYC win dat one hands down.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2007, 07:50:23 PM »
yuh might be right...DC have plenty more snakes...

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2007, 09:12:42 AM »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2007, 09:15:14 AM »
haha :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

u go pay for that.
hoenstly de first day i read this thread i thought some pinto gyul did dem kinda madi  gras video shoot in new york.
didnt know they lmeant the rodents
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2007, 09:34:20 AM »
EEEEEEKK!!!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Rats gone wild in Port of Spain
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2007, 11:20:56 PM »
Trinidad Guardian
 Friday 2nd March, 2007
Papa John’s closes due to rat infestation
By Shaliza Hassanali

AFTER operating for a year, the Port-of-Spain outlet of Papa John’s pizza on Independence Square closed permanently yesterday, because of a rat infestation problem.

Managing director of Papa John’s Dr Harry Singh promised, however, that the company would reopen at another Port-of-Spain location.

Singh said the company’s head office in United States would be informed of the decision.

In the meantime, the company’s 18 staff members, Singh said, would be absorbed at the other two branches.

The businessman described the closure of the Independence Square branch as sad, unfortunate and regrettable, since they had invested heavily to spruce up the building.

Tuesday was the last day Papa John served its customers.

We would never compromise the health of our workers and customers. That’s why we have decided to shut down the business,” Singh said, in a face-to-face interview yesterday.

There’s a rat infestation in this entire block, which needs to be controlled,” Singh disclosed.

Between Chacon and Abercromby Streets there is one restaurant and a pastry shop.

Contacted yesterday, deputy Port-of-Spain Mayor Rishi Lackhan admitted that rats in the city sometimes posed a problem to public health inspectors.

Every month health inspectors do checks and place bait to get rid of them.”

Public health inspector Sayad Ali said he was unaware of the rat infestation, but promised to investigate the matter.

Singh said he had learnt a valuable lesson from this experience, saying that the next Port-of-Spain property he rented must be rat-free.

We would have to scrutinise the property before signing the lease, because we don’t want this to happen to us again. It’s not good for our business.”

Singh said when they moved into the building last year, he realised “there was a problem with rats outside, which had become a matter of concern and worry.”

In a bid to control the rodents, the company called in the Public Health Department, who advised them how to dispose of their garbage.

We did everything that we were told...But the rats kept multiplying. We then retained the services of Rentokil to deal with the pests, but it went beyond our control,” Singh said.

Apparently, the food we were dealing with served as a breeding ground for the rodents.”

Closure of the fast food outlet came after eight employees of Papa John’s staged a protest outside their workplace, complaining about the rat infestation, a foul smell emanating from the building and being fired.

Armed with placards, the workers said they were sent home after they spoke of their health concerns to management.

Worker Lawson Antoine said two workers had fallen sick yesterday, because of the stench of several dead rats behind the building.

Operations manager Declan Littrean said: “We told them to go home while we treated the place, but they interpreted it as a dismissal.”

1]; } ?>