April 28, 2024, 09:01:13 AM

Author Topic: Lets cheer on for Jamaica U-20 today fellas !!!  (Read 16768 times)

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lets cheer on for Jamaica U-20 today fellas !!!
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2007, 10:14:26 PM »
Well done St. Kitts  :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2007, 10:39:53 PM »
Now I see why St.Kitts spank Trinidad out the competition. I was surprised by their skill.
Yah thought it was ah fluke by St Kitts eh  ::) ,nah man them boy was skill we had tell yah that.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2007, 08:19:04 AM »
The future looks bright for Michum and specially Berkeley. Those two St Kitts players will surely receive offers from European and South American clubs. Jamaica's Joel Grant also impressed, but Berkeley is the real deal. He has it all: height, strenght, skills, and the right football attitudes.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 08:26:35 AM by Toussaint »
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: mexico vs CR
« Reply #123 on: February 26, 2007, 08:58:57 AM »
This fool on TV real bad talking the referee who is of course from....T&T

He just give a man a 2nd yellow for diving.

The score is 1-1  btw, Mexico B side playing.

The man real bad-talking the referee
He made some mistakes including not giving a potential penalty but the man wasn't as bad as Ray Hudson was making out to be. He kept on referring to him as "this Trinidadian referee" .Its not the first time he try to insult trinis.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2007, 09:07:11 AM »

He made some mistakes including not giving a potential penalty but the man wasn't as bad as Ray Hudson was making out to be. He kept on referring to him as "this Trinidadian referee" .Its not the first time he try to insult trinis.

I won't argue that he may have been overly critical of the referee if he was (I turned off the game after the first half) but in fairness to Ray Hudson: (1) he was singing the referee's high praises for having done a wonderful job in the Jamaica - Costa Rica game, and, (2) Ray Hudson always refers to people by their nationality whether he's complimenting or criticizing them, so, i'm not so sure that he may have been singling out the ref because or picking on Trinis in particular. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #125 on: February 26, 2007, 09:20:04 AM »

He loves Mexico and he seems to hate everybody who dares put himself on Mexico's way. He chastized St. Kitts, punished Jamaica, and buried the Trini referee ;D

I think as a football commentator for a television channel/network like Goltv, he has to be more carefull. His audience included more than just Mexicans. I also think concacaf officials should make this clear when they are signing away contracts with some sponsors/tvs.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #126 on: February 26, 2007, 10:40:24 AM »
Ray Hudson is the most biased commentator on tv.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2007, 10:47:25 AM »

He loves Mexico and he seems to hate everybody who dares put himself on Mexico's way. He chastized St. Kitts, punished Jamaica, and buried the Trini referee ;D

I think as a football commentator for a television channel/network like Goltv, he has to be more carefull. His audience included more than just Mexicans. I also think concacaf officials should make this clear when they are signing away contracts with some sponsors/tvs.

Quite honestly, Toussaint, I kinda disagree with you but i'll respectfully agree to disagree.  I think Ray Hudson is a very passionate fella that loves the sport and most times he can be brutally honest.  Does he believe that there is a hierarchy of football in CONCACAF that sees teams like Mexico, USA, Costa Rica, etc. at the top and alot of the Caribbean teams at the bottom?  I believe he does, but is he wrong, and have any of our teams from the Caribbean performed consistently enough at the international level to prove him wrong?  I don't think so. (but i'm sure i'll receive quite a few dissenting posts on that opinion)  I think that Ray Hudson just likes anybody that plays (what he deems to be) beautiful football and from listening to him I always thought he was partial to Brazilians, so, again, I guess we agree to disagree.  I didn't hear what he had to say about St. Kitts, but I thought he was pretty fair to the jamaicans in the Jamaica - Mexico game and he was critical of Mexico, too, in that game because their finishing was poor.  Respek.  :beermug:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #128 on: February 26, 2007, 11:49:21 AM »

Quite honestly, Toussaint, I kinda disagree with you but i'll respectfully agree to disagree.  I think Ray Hudson is a very passionate fella that loves the sport and most times he can be brutally honest.  Does he believe that there is a hierarchy of football in CONCACAF that sees teams like Mexico, USA, Costa Rica, etc. at the top and alot of the Caribbean teams at the bottom?  I believe he does, but is he wrong, and have any of our teams from the Caribbean performed consistently enough at the international level to prove him wrong?  I don't think so. (but i'm sure i'll receive quite a few dissenting posts on that opinion)  I think that Ray Hudson just likes anybody that plays (what he deems to be) beautiful football and from listening to him I always thought he was partial to Brazilians, so, again, I guess we agree to disagree.  I didn't hear what he had to say about St. Kitts, but I thought he was pretty fair to the jamaicans in the Jamaica - Mexico game and he was critical of Mexico, too, in that game because their finishing was poor.  Respek.  :beermug:

I don't think he was picking on the Jamaicans and the others because he is either racist or hates caribbean teams. My point is he loves the Mexican team so much that it affects his judgement of the other teams. That's not good. He often focused all his attention on the opponents' weaknesses while he was praising the Mexican team. That's not being objective. His colleague also talked about caribbean teams, but in a more balanced way.

The referee made some bad calls against Mexico last night. But, what does that have to do with the referee's nationality? The guy is a bad referee, that's all (the dude was really bad  ;)). Notice that he was complaining mostly about the calls made against Mexico.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 26, 2007, 12:14:56 PM »
Well done St. Kitts  :applause: :applause: :applause:

Ditto  :applause: :applause:

Enjoy it cause T&T will be back for you.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

1]; } ?>