April 29, 2024, 07:37:28 AM

Author Topic: Disappointed Fevrier says players did not rise to the occasion  (Read 3836 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Disappointed Fevrier says players did not rise to the occasion        
Thursday, 01 March 2007 
Joel Villafana...Reporting from Guadalajara Mexico
www.ttproleague.com

GUADALAJARA, MEXICO : W Connection's Head Coach Stuart Charles Fevrier was an obviously disappointed man after he watched his team surrender a one goal advantage from the 1st leg of the CONCACAF Champions Cup quarterfinal to go down to Chivas 3-0 in the second leg.

At the post match press conference, the St. Lucian born coach was still trying to come to terms with why some of his players in his opinion did not play to their true potential.

"I thought it was a game that we could have done better, we were always aware that Chivas is a more experienced team than we are and we know we had to be on top of our game if we had to get a positive result, however, that was not the case today as some of our players did not rise to the occasion, and were very low key in their performance."

Fevrier added, "The fact that Chivas is in competition right now and we are not also had a part to play, they were a bit sharper than us, after Chivas played us two weeks ago they have played three games, so they were definitely match fit, but still I believe not all our players played to their true potential."

"Chivas is a quality team and we needed all our players to be on top of their game, so I am disappointed in the teams performance," ended Fevrier.

Meanwhile skipper Earl Jean was also a disappointed man, he told the Mexican media, "I too am disappointed with our performance, we were below par and we can't come to play a team like Chivas and expect to win if we played how we played tonight."

"But as a club we have to take a lot of heart from this experience, we will keep fighting as a team, we will go back to the drawing board and see where we went wrong, we head back home now and we will try to get ourselves ready for our upcoming season."

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Disappointed Fevrier says players did not rise to the occasion
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 10:55:08 AM »

They did well to go to Mexico early but who fault it is they didn't play any warm up games in the interim?

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 02:57:02 PM »
DID I read somewhere that Fevrier is our best coach- Clearly having seen the first game one would have thought that Connection would play a faster game , hustle some more and take the fight to them. Did we not learn anything from the first game?
 The more things change, the more they remain the same.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 03:18:38 PM »
DID I read somewhere that Fevrier is our best coach- Clearly having seen the first game one would have thought that Connection would play a faster game , hustle some more and take the fight to them. Did we not learn anything from the first game?

Lissen.  Ex Strike Squad star Leonson lewis did say dat Stuartie as good as if not better than Beenie and dem.

He see coaches in Portugal etc and he know if T&T did play de T&T "brand" (which ah guess Stuartie familiar wit) we woulda do better in de WC dan we did.

Who is peeps to doubt him?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 05:46:16 PM »
players and team's from the caribbean ....SUCK..that all i have to say

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 06:09:05 PM »
well i guess all de corbeau come out now ..... hurray we lost an W connection is de worst...de Pro league eh good... Stuart charles eh good ..... leonsen lewis eh know bout coaching or coaches... All yuh did tell we so ...
I am just glad i was able to see the game and not have to depend on some of our lustrous experts.
Let me just put some food on the table ...not everyone has to eat of course but I will throw in a few morsels in between...
Chivas is rated 34 in the World Club rankings ! Any team in concacaf or the caribbean ever get that far ?
mexican team pachuca won the South american club championship last year.. Chivas is more highly rated than they are !
mexico has years on us in professional football and with the exception of rafa marquez the national team is basically home based.
Did i mention that there are over 100 Million Mexicans ???
they play regularly against south american opposition and at altitude they reached the quarter final of the WC at home.
W Connection played at high altitude !!! Simple and straight. we do not fully understand the impact of that if we treat that as a simple fact.
I had an experience at altitude and at altitude it is easy to misjudge the flight of the ball in addition to the stress on the respiratory system.
Stuart charles may blame his players but they may not have been able to fire given the problems posed by high altitude to players not accustomed to playing under those conditions.
Now experts lets rumble ...fact ..w/ cionnection gave a good account of themselves but were outcalassed in that stadium under those conditions.
fact.. stuart charles is a good coach and adopted the  best possible tactics . the team maintained its shape under pressure !
I read where someone said they preferred if we ran at the Chivas team from the onset .... well this team beat boca juniors 4-0 ... Or better yet look at all those who ran into mike tyson in his heyday.
i realise that emotion and great expectation guide many on this forum but some common sense is needed at times folks ...
how many would throw away their 5 year old son if he could not run faster than 11 year olds ...yeah he is ah waste....he take after he mudder ...yeah even though your size 48 pants kyah even fit !
i take heart from this performance as I have seen steps being taken in the right direction...Connection will get better because they have the right approach....
and again a question for haters ..name a better team in T&T than W connection ? Oh yes that's why they were carrying the caribbean flag ...beaten but not disgraced !

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 09:03:52 PM »

Lissen.  Ex Strike Squad star Leonson lewis did say dat Stuartie as good as if not better than Beenie and dem.

He see coaches in Portugal etc and he know if T&T did play de T&T "brand" (which ah guess Stuartie familiar wit) we woulda do better in de WC dan we did.

Who is peeps to doubt him?

Leonson Lewis is my hero. Go back to any thread on who is the best T&T player ever and I am  one of the few who always say Leo. In fact, I no longer disagree with anything kingman writes simply because he used to have Leo on his avatar....reeeeeeespek

But that is a shite piece of reasoning. Leo only human. His view is not the law no matter how much experience he has. Look at how Pele does jes talk rubbish right through...and he was the greatest. Ah still waiting on Colombia to win the 94 WC  ;)

Having said that. I don't think it is necessarily Fevrier fault that the team looked tactically naive. Look..you put a 6 year old to run against a 12 year old and he most likely will get licks. Now, he hadda race him again. He have the best track coach over the last 3 weeks telling him what he needs to do..they prectice his race plan over and over. But he is 6 YEARS OLD. He knows in his head what to do..he tries his best to execute and he still get blaze. Dat was the case yesterday. The average 6 year old cannot run with the 12 year olds....no matter how well instructed he might be

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 09:07:02 PM »
wait...i know read jai post and realize we use the same analogy...kinda  :D i could edit it but i leaving it just so. jai..is ah coincidence,  i not trying to plagiarize yuh

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 09:28:43 PM »
chivas had 6 players from the national team whereas w conn had none

they have been in founded over 100 years whereas W only 8

these guy have limited exposure in these situations most are under 25 and some only played in t&t

they can only get better

football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 06:12:25 AM »

So why you don't leave the forum then?

Go and leave we in peace please.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 06:26:09 AM »

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Rastafari I know how yuh feel,but everyone is entitle to his or her opinion as ridiculous as some of them may seem,that's why this is an open forum,we respond to intelligent dialogue and the negatives we just live with it...........   

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 06:47:47 AM »

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Rastafari I know how yuh feel,but everyone is entitle to his or her opinion as ridiculous as some of them may seem,that's why this is an open forum,we respond to intelligent dialogue and the negatives we just live with it...........   

That's alright, but he is ah hypocrite fuh coming on this board.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 02:18:19 PM »
wait...i know read jai post and realize we use the same analogy...kinda  :D i could edit it but i leaving it just so. jai..is ah coincidence,  i not trying to plagiarize yuh

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 07:37:40 PM »
you guy's could cover w.connection ass ...if you guys wanted...but not me...everytime a club or national team...play
a team from Mexico, USA or Costa Rica...club or national...we alway gettin cut-skin...yes Mexico , USA and Costa Rica played
at a high level...but any team can be beated...either home or away

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2007, 04:27:26 AM »
cool to f**k down najee  before yuh ketch a heart attack i understand what you sayin, f**k up the national team for losin not not clubs we are new to dis type we aint got no nationals on our side ,w conn custom winin in the pro league it new to them bein 3-0 down 8)
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2007, 10:14:53 AM »
najee stop talking crap nah boy...You making yourself sound stupid...

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2007, 11:02:47 AM »
I just want to know how long we will keep going with the explaination when we lose that our teams not as long standing or our players not as exposed. If that is the mode then we will never acheive anything ever.

Football is 11 vs 11 with a size 5 football. History becomes irrelavant when the whistle is blown, our own National team has shown us that less than a year ago, the difference maker is passing, trapping, shooting, movement, stamina, tactical preparation and goals goals goals.

When will the day come when that is the criteria. What you put into practise is what you get out of a game.

1st Leg disappointed with the play but elated with the result.
2nd Leg disappointed with the play and the result.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2007, 12:17:47 PM »
Ponnoxx...i guess failer is the best achiever...in your book...yuh f**king duncee

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2007, 12:43:36 PM »
Banton...ah may sound abit sarcastic...but i keep telling myself went are they going to get it right....this is not the first time
a Trini club play a Mexican club...the point is..they had a good chanced to knock out that club...and fail....look at the U17 are
they really ready mentally and physically... not to get by... but win game and top the group...does Anton have what it take
to lifted these kids level of play...because this guy fail the last time around...I'm just so fed-up with the way my country
men and kids play knowing they are so skillful.....i wanted them to have the same respect like everyone because no one
respect Trinidad and Tobago...not even the  other caribbean country....all i care about is my country men and kids ...i
don't give ah f**k about the other country or respect them..

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2007, 02:35:37 PM »
 najee...stop being such a stone head...Although T&T football fed has been organized from a very long time ago.....And T&T always had  and continue to have good players ....It still lacks alot, and there are alot of things being implemented and still to be put in....The Proleague is a baby to other leagues...You saying that people always making excuses...Things not going to spin around tomorrow because you make one change...Things take time to improve....Go T&T

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2007, 05:57:19 PM »
I think this game showed we have work to do in our pro-league. But I feel proud that W Connection was  able to run with the top club team in Concacaf.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

1]; } ?>