March 28, 2024, 04:17:32 PM

Author Topic: Blatter: 2018 may head to Americas (Can the Caribbean can host a group?)  (Read 7223 times)

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Blatter: 2018 may head to Americas
Source: soccernet.com

FIFA president Sepp Blatter has warned there is no guarantee that the 2018 World Cup will be held in Europe - putting a question mark against hopes England would host that tournament.

Blatter was meeting Chancellor Gordon Brown and sports minister Richard Caborn with a possible World Cup bid at the top of the agenda.

But the FIFA president has raised the prospect of the 2018 tournament either being held in North America or Asia - and the USA, China and Australia have also indicated their intention to bid.

FIFA's executive committee will decide in December on whether the World Cup should continue to rotate to different continents or if it should be open to all bidders.

Blatter told a media briefing in London: 'The executive committee must take a decision whether the rotation should include all the confederations in which case the 2018 World Cup should be in CONCACAF (north and central America).

'They could also decide that the Americas should be considered as one and then rotation would go to Asia.

'It may also be that the majority of the FIFA executive committee where you have eight European representatives (out of 24) can find the 13 votes needed (for the World Cup to return to Europe).'

Blatter said his personal inclination was for rotation to continue to North America, with the USA, Mexico and Canada all capable of hosting the tournament. 

Jahyouth: My question to everyone is: Can the Caribbean ask to host a group if it is held in the U.S.A?  Do we have the facilities to host a group?  If so, would it be a good idea to pursue that?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Blatter: 2018 may head to Americas (Can the Caribbean can host a group?)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 12:19:55 PM »
T&T can host a group or part of a group!

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 01:22:43 PM »
I would say no and we shouldn't even bother to try.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 01:31:11 PM »

You are absolutely correct.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 01:35:22 PM »

?? I wonder why not boy? :o
Two islands are better than one.

Offline gothic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 01:43:49 PM »
Quote from: Mango Chow! on Today at 02:31:11 PM
Quote from: Mose on Today at 02:22:43 PM

?? I wonder why not boy? Shocked

look at some of the numbers from the last World cup, the fan count for some of the games were more that T&T population, i saw a packed street in Berlin that only later i found out it was a million ppl. where T&T go fit that in. Also Fifa is very strict about infrastucture, no caribbean country can even meet the transportation requirements far less the stadia requirements

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 01:51:43 PM »
TT MIGHT be able to host a group.

I have often wondered if we teamed up with Venezuela, becs they so close.

But this was be4 they started hosting accoriding to  Regions. Although 7 miles apart, two completely diff. regions.

Logistically who go waste time to startt off in TT and then travel to N. America.

But for a small group, eg. Argentina, Sweden, S. Arabia and Australia :-)

We could fight it up with transport and acomodations...but our stadiums are WAY too small.  :(

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 01:58:26 PM »
Who the hell need the Caribbean? TNT could host a WC by itself. Like alyuh forget in 2020 we go be a developped country or what  ::) What is 2018?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 02:33:34 PM »
We have hosted the U17 before and we hosting a group in WC cricket. Let us see how that progress.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 05:00:00 PM »
Quote from: Mango Chow! on Today at 02:31:11 PM
Quote from: Mose on Today at 02:22:43 PM

?? I wonder why not boy? Shocked

look at some of the numbers from the last World cup, the fan count for some of the games were more that T&T population, i saw a packed street in Berlin that only later i found out it was a million ppl. where T&T go fit that in. Also Fifa is very strict about infrastucture, no caribbean country can even meet the transportation requirements far less the stadia requirements

Our stadia are way too small.....even to host a group! Only ONE of our stadiums has a capacity of holding more than 10,000 people.  Besides, FIFA have costumarily granted nations the opportunity of hosting (a) youth tournament(s) when they have no chance of hosting a senior WC (whether it be the whole tournament or even a group).  So, we better start looking towards bidding for an Under-20 World Cup and be happy wit dat!  I not even sure we meet the criteria to host a women's WC......

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 06:19:04 PM »
I thought all the stadiums was over 10k?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 06:27:32 PM »
We could probably host a game.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 06:34:16 PM »
I thought all the stadiums was over 10k?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 11:30:28 PM »
Blatter and some in FIFA(Jack) wants to host the WC in the US. All the Stadiums that will be used will be over 65K. That is is plenty dinero.

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If the US gets 2018 (and they probably will, 'cause financially speaking, '94
still remains the most financially successful WC), the smallest stadia used for
any games, maybe the football specific stadia the Columbus Crew use, or
the Galaxy. Those stadia if I am not mistaken can hold max 30K. Otherwise,
the games will be held right where they were 13 years ago, with other cities
throwing in their hat, knowing (now) how financially beneficial it was for a city
lilke Dallas, or Boston, or ................

Once FIFA holds their congress later this year, and Blatter is firmly in the
driver's seat, pay attention to the pressure South Africa is going to get on
the delays in building their new stadia.
DO NOT BE surprised if the US holds the 2010 WC, which will rule them out
of the 2018.

As for anywhere in the Caribbean/Windies staging a single game in 2018, that
on Gods green earth we won't be seeing.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
still remains the most financially successful WC),
the smallest stadia used for
throwing in their hat, knowing (now) how financially beneficial it was for a city

of the 2018.

If that doesn't tell us that FIFA is all about money, nothing ever will.  Never mind Sepp Blatter talking about "rotation" because his "rotation" must be based on some kinda eliptical orbit: USA is bing "talked about" hosting 2018 after a possible 24-year gap.  When was the last time Brazil, or even South America hosted a WC? 

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
still remains the most financially successful WC),
the smallest stadia used for

of the 2018.

If that doesn't tell us that FIFA is all about money, nothing ever will.  Never mind Sepp Blatter talking about "rotation" because his "rotation" must be based on some kinda eliptical orbit: USA is bing "talked about" hosting 2018 after a possible 24-year gap.  When was the last time Brazil, or even South America hosted a WC? 

Did you have a doubt FIFA was not all about money?
But, I would say, FIFA does appear to be trying to take from the
well to do, and help the not so well to do.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FIFA has always been about money. The reason why they broke away from the IOC and formed the WC was because of money. I doubt FIFA will take it away from SA. They will getting a sound beating. They ain't that dotish. Yes they will pressure SA to keep them on their toes, which I think they should. If the WC come to the US again, big stadiums will be used.  Galaxy stadium and Colombus and Texas stadium maybe soccer specific, but when WC come around the organizers going for the big stadiumms. Ohio State, Cotton Bowl,Houston, LA Coloseum, Redskins, Philly, Boston, NY(always), Seattle(this time), Miami(this time also), Maybe San Fran. Carolina, Atlanta, Baltimore are possibilities. Just remember the man in charge of the last WC, Peter Uberoth, got 10 mill for his efforts.

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Requirements for the 2006 World Cup stadiums included:
( from http://www.sportsvenue-technology.com/projects/soccer/ )

Capacity - At least 40,000 seats for first round and quarter-final matches; at least 60,000 seats for the opening match, semi-finals, the third place play-off and final.

Media facilities - The press stands for print media must have from 600 (preliminary round) up to 2,000 (final) seats with tables plus 200-300 positions for TV and radio commentators equipped with monitors with one position consisting of three working places. 30 camera platforms of 2,500mē each are needed in every stadium, plus a minimum space of 2,500mē with accreditation offices to allow the installation of a press centre in each stadium.

Marketing - The stadium operators must guarantee the LOC advertising-free venues for the duration of the World Cup. The cities and stadia must be decorated according to FIFA's special requirements. All promotional measures and activities will be co-ordinated by FIFA and LOC.

Technical equipment - Equipment such as the electronic scoreboard, public address system and floodlight systems will be closely examined.

Further criteria included in the catalogue concern the fields of security, traffic infrastructure, accommodation and environment.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile

Capacity - At least 40,000 seats for first round and quarter-final matches; at least 60,000 seats for the opening match, semi-finals, the third place play-off and final.

Media facilities - The press stands for print media must have from 600 (preliminary round) up to 2,000 (final) seats with tables plus 200-300 positions for TV and radio commentators equipped with monitors with one position consisting of three working places. 30 camera platforms of 2,500mē each are needed in every stadium, plus a minimum space of 2,500mē with accreditation offices to allow the installation of a press centre in each stadium.

Marketing - The stadium operators must guarantee the LOC advertising-free venues for the duration of the World Cup. The cities and stadia must be decorated according to FIFA's special requirements. All promotional measures and activities will be co-ordinated by FIFA and LOC.

Technical equipment - Equipment such as the electronic scoreboard, public address system and floodlight systems will be closely examined.

Further criteria included in the catalogue concern the fields of security, traffic infrastructure, accommodation and environment.

With the current infrastructure stadia T&T has, hosting a single game or 2 or 3 given these requirements is entirely possible.

Upgrades will need to be done, especially in the media centres, but from a facilities standpoint, we can more than host games.

Based on the German WC 2006 model, no single city hosted any 1 group.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

With the current infrastructure stadia T&T has, hosting a single game or 2 or 3 given these requirements is entirely possible.

Upgrades will need to be done, especially in the media centres, but from a facilities standpoint, we can more than host games.

Based on the German WC 2006 model, no single city hosted any 1 group.

The problem is after those joyous 30 days done....how we sustaining them. Even the ones we have now poorly underutilized.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
If we host a group we might have to be automatically be qualified for the world cup.  ;D

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If we host a group we might have to be automatically be qualified for the world cup.  ;D

:applause: Yuh know, I tink up to now, all ah we did overlook dat fact.  Which means we would have to be considered a host nation and have to host more than one group.........It eh happening!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
FIFA done say that they will never do de co-host ting again, so talk done!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

ah love it!!

After Korea/Japan they say they will never do that again. Travelling cost etc: was a nightmare...Imagine Caribbean Airlines have team waiting in de airport for hours... LAWd

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
WC ent heading nowhere in 2018
cause the world go be ended in 2012  ;)
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Who the hell need the Caribbean? TNT could host a WC by itself. Like alyuh forget in 2020 we go be a developped country or what  ::) What is 2018?
hahaha you good yes  :rotfl:  :beermug:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile

ah love it!!

After Korea/Japan they say they will never do that again. Travelling cost etc: was a nightmare...Imagine Caribbean Airlines have team waiting in de airport for hours... LAWd

United
Delta
American

All a dem does do de same and worse.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

ah love it!!

United
Delta
American

All a dem does do de same and worse.

I know Us Air doh do TnT.. but they just as friggin bad. Have man stranded for hrs and not even ah crix and seedrink in dey plane.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
WC ent heading nowhere in 2018
cause the world go be ended in 2012 ;)

Who the hell need the Caribbean? TNT could host a WC by itself. Like alyuh forget in 2020 we go be a developped country or what ::) What is 2018?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  It have some real natural born comedians on this site yes
Ah love it!!  (copyright Andre Samuel)

Anywho, a poster mention de cricket WC......well last time I check dey had 2 test runs for the traffic restrictions and security issues....de residents and business people complain but nobody eh listen.....one week before the tournament start, dey NOW meeting with residents and business people....sssttteeuupppss....I does have to pass through de "red zone" sometimes to go Long Circular Mall on evenings....and I done tell every body west of the Oval, doh expect to see mih during that WC period.

Generally, we doh have the infrastructure in place now (and doh tell mih bout 2020.....lest I go ballistic).....to host no Senior WC....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>