April 20, 2024, 03:58:11 AM

Author Topic: W Connection vs Chivas 2nd game review.  (Read 4007 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
W Connection vs Chivas 2nd game review.
« on: March 01, 2007, 05:14:35 AM »
I know Wim Rijsbergen and all the other haters will laugh, but hey, everyone know T&T league cannot compete with the Mexican league on a consistent basis. I am still glad we beat them and enjoy the win while we had it. Now CFU will remain with one spot. I am still proud and maybe next time we may do better....

Toussaint, Joseph, Drayton, Viveros and Pacheco played good, especially Toussaint. The W Connection team played with no desire at all, even with 10mins left you taught they would have try and put in an extra effort, will that didn't happen. A different team compare to the one that played that Chivas team in T&T. I also believe Stuart Charles by now should have had this team playing as a gel one as he has been with W Connection for a while and they cannot even get 4 strings off passes together. He also had them playing very defensive even when they were down 3-0, poor coaching. The team played with no cushion. When they were up for it, they looked ok, but in sputs.

W Connection had Chivas to kill in the first 15mins, Chivas was making mistakes but Connection fail to control the game and set the tone early, W Connection allow Chivas to build confience on them when they could have rough them up early. At one time W Connection kept playing the ball back to much and was leaving Chivas with tons of space also, never saw a game where a team got so much space to control and play, that Chivas player on the right side had arces to run. When Chivas got the ball W Connection players backing off and waiting to get devour. Why do teams from T&T give USA, Costa Rica and Mexico teams soooo much respect ?? like they fraid to jam them. No heart.... so many different nationality on W Connection side and yet they playing like a typical T&T team, no derise, determination and very slow.

W Connection qualify for the next set of concacaf cup in November/December this year and should invest in one or 2 better players and a good Technical Director or coach, or maybe Stuart Charles should try to get more advanced in the technical and tactical department. He isn't bad, but he could do better. His team played without a plan and looked lost on the field. Any blind man could see that the right wing Chivas player and the blond hair one (Bautista) was the 2 men causing danger and was given tons of space to do so. Even the goal scorer who scored 2 goals was finding loops because his marker was not sticking on him. Make adjustments to suit the situation man.....

Earl Jean - 5, Could have done better for a man with his experience and capabilities.

William Da Silva Oliveira - 4, Played very poor, give away the ball everytime he got it. Got bumped off the ball to easy. Played a little better going forward in the second half, but still poor. Where was Viana.

Elijah Joseph - 8, Played a good game again, not like his first, but he did good, seems he played out of position, Stuart Charles should have left him in center back and play 3-5-2 after Chivas scored, you have to take chances when you in a do or die situation.

Gefferson Goulart - 6, Made some nice passes, but looked un-fit.

Nicholson Thomas - 6, Played decent, a good experience for this T&T youth.

Hughton Hector - 6, Played decent and made some fast runs down the right, throw in some nice tackles and fight it hard, however, poor crossing and running with no direction at times, a good experience for this T&T youth.

Andre Toussaint - 8, Looked a cut above the rest and show he can compete at this level. Nice touches, but should have taken a few shots, the service to him from Mid was poor. He impress me, he should be called back to the T&T local team.

Andrei Pacheco - 7, Played much better than his first game and was the only T&T player who was shooting at goal, a good experience for this T&T youth. Much better performance and should be called back to the T&T local team.

Jose Luis Seabra - 6, Looked very comfortable on the ball, made some nice passes and if he was fit and faster he would have been great.

Kerwin Beckles - 7, Made a few mistakes and one or two nerve recking moments, but played good at times, very calm for a young in-experience player and that's a good sign, needs to be more vocal though and did save a penalty, a good experience for this T&T youth. Kerwin should go to a club where he can get first team football, because I expect Jan Williams may start for Connection this season, not that I agree but hey...

Devon Drayton - 7, Played better than his last game, still made one or two simple mistakes at the back, but played good and fight it, a good experience for this T&T youth. And stand a chance to replace Sean Powers (maybe ?) on the senior team....

Christian Viveros - 7, Came on and added some life, fight well and made some good runs. He needs to work on his through balls.

Brenton De Leon - 5, Played ok, probably the biggest game of his career, got beat a few times well and gave his man to much space, but recovered at times when he was beaten and put in some ok tackles, try to double team his marker, but same ole stroy, the Mexican draw 2 defenders and just pass the ball between them both into the box, again and again, a good experience for this T&T youth, hope he improves. have the attributes to be a good player, but work must be done.

Kern Cupid - 5, Played ok, probably the biggest game of his career, a good experience for this T&T youth, hope he improves, have the attributes to be a good player, but work must be done.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 09:46:29 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
Re: W Connection vs Chivas 2nd game review.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 07:43:55 AM »
Good view again Sam...

I didn't expect them to win in Mexico, but atleast go down FIGHTING !!!!!!!!!!!!! even a tie was possible because in the first 20 minutes Chivas was playing like the away team. W Connection didn't realize that they got the respect and didn't use it to their advantage.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 08:50:10 AM »
Good Review Sam,
                             Connection was outplayed. But at least they tried. We just not at their level, especially away from home in that high altitude. Ever since I have see TT teams play CA teams in general and MEx. in particular, in most cases they always have superior numbers around the ball. Everywhere the ball goes Chivas had at least 3 guys in close proximity, giving each player options to make effective plays.  Only few TT national has been able to match them toe to toe. You can count them on your fingers. Until were are able to inject some of that style in our football on a consistent basis, then we will not improve.

GO Connection!!! Next Year!!!!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 08:50:49 AM »
Thanks for taking the time Sam, even though I disagree with some of what you said.

I don't think WC ever had Chivas to kill at any point of the game. I don't recall WC being able to get out of their own half too often in the first 45 and Chivas dominated possession.

I also think the fellas played with a lot of heart but they were constantly chasing the ball and eventually they were going to get bun, lose concentration, lose shape and lose any semblance of tactical discipline. You just cannot chase the ball for 45 minutes at this level...But I was cool with the effort. I also thought the Beckles in goal showed a lot of composure and exuded confidence. Technically he wasn't great, but he seems to have the right mentality.

WC was poor in possession. No system, no pattern play, no understanding of each other and average technique meant they gave away the ball a frustrating number of times. The decision making was not good enough. Anyway...well done by WC to get here and to give themselves a fighting chance after the 1st leg. But this loss sadly confirms that not only are our teams not playing at a high enough standard..but individually our players also need to improve technically and physically.
Until the next time

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 09:13:39 AM »
Watch the first 15mins again, Chivas was making some bad passes and Connection was playing with confidence, if they had kept that up I am sure they would have scored. Even though they didn't go up and shoot to much, they were getting some good passes going and could have built on that. You have to know when to step it up and when not and that time of the game they could have.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 09:48:07 AM »
I know Wim Rijsbergen and all the other haters will laugh, but hey, everyone know T&T league cannot compete with the Mexican league on a consistent basis. I am still glad we beat them and enjoy the win while we had it. Now CFU will remain with one spot. I am still proud and maybe next time we may do better....

Toussaint, Joseph, Drayton, Viveros and Pacheco played good, especially Toussaint. The W Connection team played with no desire at all, even with 10mins left you taught they would have try and put in an extra effort, will that didn't happen. A different team compare to the one that played that Chivas team in T&T. I also believe Stuart Charles by now should have had this team playing as a gel one as he has been with W Connection for a while and they cannot even get 4 strings off passes together. He also had them playing very defensive even when they were down 3-0, poor coaching. The team played with no cushion. When they were up for it, they looked ok, but in sputs.

W Connection had Chivas to kill in the first 15mins, Chivas was making mistakes but Connection fail to control the game and set the tone early, W Connection allow Chivas to build confience on them when they could have rough them up early. At one time W Connection kept playing the ball back to much and was leaving Chivas with tons of space also, never saw a game where a team got so much space to control and play, that Chivas player on the right side had arces to run. When Chivas got the ball W Connection players backing off and waiting to get devour. Why do teams from T&T give USA, Costa Rica and Mexico teams soooo much respect ?? like they fraid to jam them. No heart.... so many different nationality on W Connection side and yet they playing like a typical T&T team, no derise, determination and very slow.

W Connection qualify for the next set of concacaf cup in November/December this year and should invest in one or 2 better players and a good Technical Director or coach, or maybe Stuart Charles should try to get more advanced in the technical and tactical department. He isn't bad, but he could do better. His team played without a plan and looked lost on the field. Any blind man could see that the right wing Chivas player and the blond hair one (Bautista) was the 2 men causing danger and was given tons of space to do so. Even the goal scorer who scored 2 goals was finding loops because his marker was not sticking on him. Make adjustments to suit the situation man.....

Earl Jean - 5, Could have done better for a man with his experience and capabilities.

William Da Silva Oliveira - 4, Played very poor, give away the ball everytime he got it. Got bumped off the ball to easy. Played a little better going forward in the second half, but still poor. Where was Viana.

Elijah Joseph - 8, Played a good game again, not like his first, but he did good, seems he played out of position, Stuart Charles should have left him in center back and play 3-5-2 after Chivas scored, you have to take chances when you in a do or die situation.

Gefferson Goulart - 6, Made some nice passes, but looked un-fit.

Nicholson Thomas - 6, Played decent, a good experience for this T&T youth.

Hughton Hector - 6, Played decent and made some fast runs down the right, throw in some nice tackles and fight it hard, however, poor crossing and running with no direction at times, a good experience for this T&T youth.

Andre Toussaint - 8, Looked a cut above the rest and show he can compete at this level. Nice touches, but should have taken a few shots, the service to him from Mid was poor. He impress me, he should be called back to the T&T local team.

Andrei Pacheco - 7, Played much better than his first game and was the only T&T player who was shooting at goal, a good experience for this T&T youth. Much better performance and should be called back to the T&T local team.

Jose Luis Seabra - 6, Looked very comfortable on the ball, made some nice passes and if he was fit and faster he would have been great.

Kerwin Beckles - 7, Made a few mistakes and one or two nerve recking moments, but played good at times, very calm for a young in-experience player and that's a good sign, needs to be more vocal though and did save a penalty, a good experience for this T&T youth. Kerwin should go to a club where he can get first team football, because I expect Jan Williams may start for Connection this season, not that I agree but hey...

Devon Drayton - 7, Played better than his last game, still made one or two simple mistakes at the back, but played good and fight it, a good experience for this T&T youth. And stand a chance to replace Sean Powers (maybe ?) on the senior team....

Christian Viveros - 7, Came on and added some life, fight well and made some good runs. He needs to work on his through balls.

Brenton De Leon - 5, Played ok, probably the biggest game of his career, got beat a few times well and gave his man to much space, but recovered at times when he was beaten and put in some ok tackles, try to double team his marker, but same ole stroy, the Mexican draw 2 defenders and just pass the ball between them both into the box, again and again, a good experience for this T&T youth, hope he improves. have the attributes to be a good player, but work must be done.

Kern Cupid - 5, Played ok, probably the biggest game of his career, a good experience for this T&T youth, hope he improves, have the attributes to be a good player, but work must be done.
       :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
  I did not see the game but i want to say nice report/updates,it's the only way our teams will be able to improve,i think it will be just a matter of time before ppl can see change,we have started doing well at home but is when we are away we have not adjusted as yet,it seems like once our players are out of their comfort zone they can't handle it,i can tell you i never had a good game playing away from home because we used to play away from home once or twice a year you could of never get used to it.
 I've always said we don't play enough Football in T&T,what we don't realize is this is what these teams do it's a way of life,it's not just the level of play on the field we have to reach it's also the mentality,even as fans we have to start lifting our players up than putting them down that's why i like Sam's report, although he was critical he also gave praise/advice where it was due.
  Nothing happens overnight but i've observed since the WC we are trying to find the right answers to our problems,i think unknown to us our technical staffs are working hard behind the scenes to ensure that the necessary Programs/Structures are in place for us to progress,ppl don't realize how far behind where World Football is concerned we were and it's taking time for us to catch up so although we are making progress it will not be seen,we are always playing catch up with other teams because we wait for things to happen,it's the same way our teams play they wait for things to happen.But as they say you got to be in it to win it.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 09:50:59 AM by Flex »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 09:49:56 AM »
       :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
  I did not see the game but i want to say nice report/updates,it's the only way our teams will be able to improve,i think it will be just a matter of time before ppl can see change,we have started doing well at home but is when we are away we have not adjusted as yet,it seems like once our players are out of their comfort zone they can't handle it,i can tell you i never had a good game playing away from home because we used to play away from home once or twice a year you could of never get used to it.
 I've always said we don't play enough Football in T&T,what we don't realize is this is what these teams do it's a way of life,it's not just the level of play on the field we have to reach it's also the mentality,even as fans we have to start lifting our players up than putting them down that's why i like Sam's report, although he was critical he also gave praise/advice where it was due.
  Nothing happens overnight but i've observed since the WC we are trying to find the right answers to our problems,i think unknown to us our technical staffs are working hard behind the scenes to ensure that the necessary Programs/Structures are in place for us to progress,ppl don't realize how far behind where World Football is concerned we were and it's taking time for us to catch up so although we are making progress it will not be seen,we are always playing catch up with other teams because we wait for things to happen,it's the same way our teams play they wait for things to happen.But as they say you got to be in it to win it.

Yea Coop's bredda,,,, I just say it as I see it, just my take, thats all, not everyone will agree though.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 09:52:26 AM by Flex »

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 10:19:14 AM »
I agree with the general tone of your report Sam but, like Filho, I will have to disagree with yuh on dat first 15 mins.

I like this Toussaint fella though. Some nice touches and good control. I'd like to see more of him. I was disappointed with Jean and, like you, expected better from him. I thought DeLeon had a good game but must admit I didn't pay much attention to his defending. Agree with you on Joseph and Drayton. Can't say much about the others.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 10:25:14 AM »
How exactly are Wim and "others" branded "haters" for stating the obvious?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 10:35:49 AM »
 :applause: :applause:
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 10:41:59 AM »

as Russel Peters would say "Somebuddy gonna get a hateon real bad."

Dem just doh like Wim....jez so, eh
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 11:24:58 AM »
Sad result but I thought the guys had a lot of fight in them all the way to the end and did not hang their heads or start walking around the pitch, we kept the tempo up in the second half and had one or two moments when we could have scored but all credit for CHIVAS for not getting complacent, they were threatening Connection all game.

LOTS OF WORK TO DO STILL

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 11:25:53 AM »
eVERY YEAR WE SEEM TO CAPITALISE ON OUR HOME GAMES AND SHIT DONG ON THE ROAD WHAT'S UP WITH THAT

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 11:56:57 AM »

Let me rephase that, Wim is not a hater, just a critic and not a constructive one at that. He should look for solutions and improvements as it would benefit him as well. I do not hate Wim, I say he deserve a fair and square chance with the T&T team. As for the others, I sorry for saying haters..... your input likes mines is just your take.

Touches and others do a splended job at their reports and dont think I not grateful, I was just mis-understanding his reports a bit as I find W Connection didn't to as bad in the first game or I was expecting the game to be real bad after reading reports when it wasn't that bad.. not great, but it wasn't bad (their first game that is). Given the situation, 10 men, lost their keeper to booth and a goal down,,, then that real good, forget how much Chivas miss.... results matters.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 12:01:29 PM by Flex »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 12:03:50 PM »
What allyuh tink about d penalty given against Beckles?
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 12:13:15 PM »
What allyuh tink about d penalty given against Beckles?

I taught it was a bad call....
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 12:16:59 PM »

Let me rephase that, Wim is not a hater, just a critic and not a constructive one at that. He should look for solutions and improvements as it would benefit him as well. I do not hate Wim, I say he deserve a fair and square chance with the T&T team. As for the others, I sorry for saying haters..... your input likes mines is just your take.

Touches and others do a splended job at their reports and dont think I not grateful, I was just mis-understanding his reports a bit as I find W Connection didn't to as bad in the first game or I was expecting the game to be real bad after reading reports when it wasn't that bad.. not great, but it wasn't bad (their first game that is). Given the situation, 10 men, lost their keeper to booth and a goal down,,, then that real good, forget how much Chivas miss.... results matters.

Ah agree wit everyting yuh post dey.

Respeck as always Sam!  :beermug:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 12:24:05 PM »
Sam :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 12:31:37 PM »
I attended the first game, thought they did well considering they went down to ten men.

Last night was poor. The first goal was pure comedy, almost a carbon copy of the goal Van Der Sar conceded on Saturday against Fulham. Why rush 12 yards off your line when you have two defenders already in front of you to take care of things? The second goal was just pure naivety. The boy had three players around him, instead of getting in front of the striker and trying to head clear they all stood there watching the ball being planted onto his head! You can't make mistakes like that at this level. It was like watching an Intercol game "You head it! No, you head it! No you..."...

They were getting murdered down the right flank in the second half. Connections full back was woefully exposed, and was getting no support from the winger in front of him. In Europe, you will see how the wingers will often drop back to give extra support to the defending full backs. What was even more worrying was that Fevrier didn't do anything to stop them from marauding down the right, he just left things as they were and Chivas kept knocking balls down the right channel for the winger to chase and they knocked in two goals as a result...

Earl Jean was left up front on his own, without any support whatsoever, even when he did manage to get possession. I mean, come on...if you're going to play him as a lone striker then at least tell the wingers to move infield when possession has been retained to feed him a few through balls or hit him with a few crosses, or get a midfielder to run from deep to support the attack. You'll notice that neither of Connections wingers got to the by-line and flung in a cross of any quality, and the midfield were all clustered together in the centre circle.

I thought it was awful. It could have been five or six since Chivas had already hit the post and the crossbar.

A lot of work needs to be done...

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 02:22:05 PM »
Well yes, Sam say we had Chivas to kill in the first 15 minutes.

Wonder what verb Chivas would use for Connection for the remaining 75 mins.

We didnt really get into their penalty area till late in the second half...

Is one thing to know what to do tactically against a team to kill them, its another thing to actually do it.

Chivas = 6 Mexican first team players.
Connection = 2 intermittent T&T second string players (Pacheco and Toussaint)

I aint shame to say it, we get totally outplayed by a very good team, who might very well go on and win the competition.
What I sad to see was the lack of fight coming down to the end, a la Soca Warriors in Germany.

Big up Connection for reaching this far, this experience will help the entire Pro League.

Good luck Chivas!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007, 08:31:43 AM »
Yes, Connection did look good in the first 15 and last 2, but that was about it for the entire game, they seemed more scared about turning up the heat because they didn't want to get burnt out to early, even though they did look tired, but more scared that anything else.

Seabra played to deep.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 08:40:22 AM by Flex »

1]; } ?>