April 26, 2024, 03:58:46 PM

Author Topic: Mexico's Chivas defeats W Connection.  (Read 14788 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mexico's Chivas defeats W Connection.
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2007, 02:04:50 PM »
As long as our best players are being shipped out of the country the standard/level of our players and league will remain at the level it is today,unless our local Coaches get exposed to a higher level of competition/coaching they can't improve our teams,i find is like we reach our limit(run out of ideas)to move our Football from where we are.In the US they place a lot of emphasis on education in the game,the courses are based on that,we need programs like that.   

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2007, 02:07:31 PM »
As long as our best players are being shipped out of the country the standard/level of our players and league will remain at the level it is today,unless our local Coaches get exposed to a higher level of competition/coaching they can't improve our teams,i find is like we reach our limit(run out of ideas)to move our Football from where we are.In the US they place a lot of emphasis on education in the game,the courses are based on that,we need programs like that.   

suppose if these local coaches dont want to improve themselves.... then what co-op i said it before it should be made mandatory  by the pfl .... every 3 years they go on a courses...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2007, 02:13:44 PM »
What is the prize money for the different competitions in the PFL?

What is the average player/coach salary?

Where are the incentives to raise the level of the game?

The young players playing on the hope that they will get a foreign contract.

Once a player cross 28 basically he playing to keep his wuk. Once that start improvement will be hard to come by. What incentive does the coach have to spur him on?  The coach need the player cause the the club need to field a team but it doh make sense paying more cause that is an investment with no returns.

Secondly if the older palyer is the younger player measuring stick the problem is compounded.

Until $ get addressed it go be same thing different day. We will get what we pay for.

I am disappointed by the coaching. Fervier sit down on the bench after the 2nd goal and resign to his fate. If the coach doh have a fighting spirit then what can be expected of the team?

If you put 9 man behind the ball and it have so much space and man still running free and getting free headers, I think it have something to do with coaching.  A player can only correct what is pointed out to him. If we have to wait for players to figure it out it will be too late.

To me I didn't really see the mistrap etc that much in this game. It was poor positional play both offensively and defensively.  

I see a coach as a teacher. If a teacher only do up to CXC then he/she cannot teach A' levels.
If a student have to learn A' level maths on his own who knows how long it will take. Having a teacher who allows you to learn from their mistakes and knowledge, speeds up your learning.  

The PFL and TTFF need to pay for coaches to go train with some of the bigger clubs in the world and then bring them back as a development officer. They also need to use technology. Video tape Carlos. Let him tell younger players as well as demonstrate what it took for him to raise his level to where it is.  We doh have to bring back Dwight etc, technology could bridge the gap.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 02:26:59 PM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2007, 02:50:13 PM »
Please don't let Ego get in the way...
Any high level competitor know, "not good enough" if proven in competition is not a negative comment, but an indicator/measure of the individual's station on his path to success. It tells me I must work harder to be attain or catch the wave/means of attain my chosen glory...If any athlete sees losing as a failure then they shouldn't bother compete.

What gets me is the characters who have the the ability to access, who is shithound, and who put down ah load, and who not good, without they themselves attempting to swim in that exact sea of turmoil.
Neither as player, coach, trainer,administrator or otherwise....

In my opinion, W Connection played well, the Chivas club is way better.
As an indicator of T&T level of football, as well as our National team members performance, it indicates, that coaching and selection, should be based not just athletic skill, but in addition mental(football) ability as well. I don't know for sure, but I feel the Chivas players did not just possess equal or better skill than OUR players, or even greater fitness 9they didn't run more or faster)  but additional knowledge of positional awareness, technical strength and flow of the game. These are things that can be learned and developed. Yet, in todays game(and yesterdays game), emphasis has to be placed on a National scale devlopment, and not necessarily, on winning. Using myself as an eg., and later teams I have coached, I was a above avg. goalscorer, because I had above avg athletic ability, and although I was successful, my teams, were not always such.
 I became a better footballer after a major injury, which served to reduce my pure athletic ability, and forced me to compete, by strengthning my mental aspects of the game, DURING practice and games. I scored less true, but my teams became stronger and eventually more successfull, which made me attain higher levels of success. Thus increase of Team fortitude, at the sacrifice of more individual flair.
The great players are the ones who has an understanding of maintaing both (individual & team success) at high levels. I did not say the highest recognized professionals...but the great ones..
Maradona, Pele, Zidane, and many, would not have achieved such greatness, if their teams always crash-out in early rounds....they would still be good, cause they could naturally do their thing, but we wouldn't be able to measure their greatness, against lesser opponents.
Yet this can be applied to all of T&T culture...Once we strived to be the best, through insult and injury, today, we JUST want to show we better than our neigbours...be it school, community, region, house, job, finance, party..."At least ah better than you"
In any society it isn't easy to stay focus, I away here for over 35 years, and it occurs in some cases here as well, yet, if we are to improve, we have to check and ascertain where we really are....and where we really want to be..
on football, if all we want to be is at the big party (WC), then the only people we might surpass is the ones we must to get there...
is only ah thought eh...I not stating ah fact....if ah wrong, please help meh with some guidance still.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2007, 03:04:23 PM »
I attended the first game, thought they did well considering they went down to ten men.

Last night was poor. The first goal was pure comedy, almost a carbon copy of the goal Van Der Sar conceded on Saturday against Fulham. Why rush 12 yards off your line when you have two defenders already in front of you to take care of things? The second goal was just pure naivety. The boy had three players around him, instead of getting in front of the striker and trying to head clear they all stood there watching the ball being planted onto his head! You can't make mistakes like that at this level. It was like watching an Intercol game "You head it! No, you head it! No you..."...

They were getting murdered down the right flank in the second half. Connections full back was woefully exposed, and was getting no support from the winger in front of him. In Europe, you will see how the wingers will often drop back to give extra support to the defending full backs. What was even more worrying was that Fevrier didn't do anything to stop them from marauding down the right, he just left things as they were and Chivas kept knocking balls down the right channel for the winger to chase and they knocked in two goals as a result...

Earl Jean was left up front on his own, without any support whatsoever, even when he did manage to get possession. I mean, come on...if you're going to play him as a lone striker then at least tell the wingers to move infield when possession has been retained to feed him a few through balls or hit him with a few crosses, or get a midfielder to run from deep to support the attack. You'll notice that neither of Connections wingers got to the by-line and flung in a cross of any quality, and the midfield were all clustered together in the centre circle.

I thought it was awful. It could have been five or six since Chivas had already hit the post and the crossbar.

A lot of work needs to be done...

In defense of Beckles with the first goal (and even Van der Saar, to some extent):  that ball that was played into the box is of the type that are among the most difficult for goalkeepers (and defenders) to deal with because the ball is coming in almost from a vertical perspective (as opposed to a cross ball going across the penalty area) and this makes it difficult for the 'keeper to pick up the speed of the ball.  Even though there were two defenders closing in on the attacker, they were still a step behind and Beckles only had a split second to determine "who was going to get to the ball first" and react accordingly.  He did come out too far for one other reason: the ball played in was a bouncing ball that could have been just as easily lobbed over his head and into the goal but a little more credit needs to be give to the Chivas player for putting the ball in just the right place that puts defenders and goalkeepers and their defences in a quandry.  If the defenders were at least a little tighter on the man that initially received the ball in the box, I don't think Beckles would have come out so quickly.  I could be wrong, but I felt a little bad for him on that one.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2007, 03:05:56 PM »

Sugar coating and excuse-making like this will get us no where (and the evidence is glaring).

T&T local football is in a f-ing mess, and yesterday's game was an embarrassing illustration of such. It was men against boys yesterday. No where in the world should a team that performed like W yesterday be proud to call themselves professional. Individually the performance was amateur. Plain talk eh bad manners....We behind the curve....admit it, forget the excuses, and talk of ways to improve....Nothing is wrong with admission that we have a very very very long way to go.....

The luxury of having multiple nat'l players on a team is one that few clubs have...and the absence of such is NO excuse for poor technique, no chemistry, horrible movement and basically appearing to not have a clue of what it takes to play at the highest level.....sorry for being a little harsh, but it kinda frustrating to read your post....If we made a game of it, went down fighting and actually appeared competitive then sure....such was not the case. As a Trini it was almost embarrassing to admit that that was the best club team our pro league had to offer....seriously.....

I understand ur frustration.

I saw the first game but not the second.

My point is ppl talking like we always catch ass vs Mex clubs.

If  QPO play a Bermuda club in cricket. I expect QPO to win.

The Mex.s are supposed to win every time especially with high alt. advantage. Yet a few years ago, WC had dem reeling in Mex. and only hight alt. got the better of them at the end.

If WC seemed to lack fight last night. OK. Howver, I want to see that game for myslef. I hear all kinda talk about the first game, and it wasn't half as bad as ppl say it was.

When hs TT football NOT been in a mess. It didn't stop us from performing b4.

TT football in a mess. So what?

What is WC and SJJ supposed to do about that?

Tell locals not to go abroad and make money? Tell the waggonists to come and support, and not only at the end?

Why it is when WC went down 3-2 in Mex. last time, nobody come on this site bawling TT football in a mess. Wasn't it in a mess back  then?

When last a Con. Club outside C. Rica win in Mex.??

If WC didn't put up much fight last night so be it?

But TT clubs have done damn well over the years vs. foreign opposition despite obvious deficiencies.

You run WC nah. What you could do better? They go win next year?

VB
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 05:53:33 AM by vb »
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2007, 04:02:40 PM »
Hard luck to Connection yuh live yuh learn,that left back learn some hard lessons last night hope he keep he head up.  Better team definitely won last night.
But wait ain't conncection play the same kinda brand that  Beenie had the natl team play in germany?  :devil:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2007, 04:47:06 PM »
Please don't let Ego get in the way...
Any high level competitor know, "not good enough" if proven in competition is not a negative comment, but an indicator/measure of the individual's station on his path to success. It tells me I must work harder to be attain or catch the wave/means of attain my chosen glory...If any athlete sees losing as a failure then they shouldn't bother compete.

What gets me is the characters who have the the ability to access, who is shithound, and who put down ah load, and who not good, without they themselves attempting to swim in that exact sea of turmoil.
Neither as player, coach, trainer,administrator or otherwise....

In my opinion, W Connection played well, the Chivas club is way better.
As an indicator of T&T level of football, as well as our National team members performance, it indicates, that coaching and selection, should be based not just athletic skill, but in addition mental(football) ability as well. I don't know for sure, but I feel the Chivas players did not just possess equal or better skill than OUR players, or even greater fitness 9they didn't run more or faster)  but additional knowledge of positional awareness, technical strength and flow of the game. These are things that can be learned and developed. Yet, in todays game(and yesterdays game), emphasis has to be placed on a National scale devlopment, and not necessarily, on winning. Using myself as an eg., and later teams I have coached, I was a above avg. goalscorer, because I had above avg athletic ability, and although I was successful, my teams, were not always such.
 I became a better footballer after a major injury, which served to reduce my pure athletic ability, and forced me to compete, by strengthning my mental aspects of the game, DURING practice and games. I scored less true, but my teams became stronger and eventually more successfull, which made me attain higher levels of success. Thus increase of Team fortitude, at the sacrifice of more individual flair.
The great players are the ones who has an understanding of maintaing both (individual & team success) at high levels. I did not say the highest recognized professionals...but the great ones..
Maradona, Pele, Zidane, and many, would not have achieved such greatness, if their teams always crash-out in early rounds....they would still be good, cause they could naturally do their thing, but we wouldn't be able to measure their greatness, against lesser opponents.
Yet this can be applied to all of T&T culture...Once we strived to be the best, through insult and injury, today, we JUST want to show we better than our neigbours...be it school, community, region, house, job, finance, party..."At least ah better than you"
In any society it isn't easy to stay focus, I away here for over 35 years, and it occurs in some cases here as well, yet, if we are to improve, we have to check and ascertain where we really are....and where we really want to be..
on football, if all we want to be is at the big party (WC), then the only people we might surpass is the ones we must to get there...
is only ah thought eh...I not stating ah fact....if ah wrong, please help meh with some guidance still.

WOW!  WHAT A POST!!!  :applause: :applause:

Honestly, peeps should read and DIGEST wha de man say here.

Much respeck maxg!    :salute: :salute:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2007, 05:06:03 PM »
The self haters was just waiting to come out.

Men saying is a horrible team and an indictment of the PFL, and Men against boys and had no business being on the same field and all kinda stupidness, like if Connection didn't EARN the right to play Chivas....The same W Connection they talking about that split a home and away series with one of the biggest clubs in the world. Lose by aggregate 1 goal. Chivas ress 4 on Boca the other day. I missing something yes.

The way I look at it, W Connection did what they had to do, ie, win at home, BUT Chivas did likewise.

Chivas won on the night...so be it. As far as I am concerned, Connection was competitive; yet again a TNT team competed with the "mighty" Mexicans and we will continue to strive forward.

The problem I have with all these haters is that they only seeing the negative. They aren't seeing any positives, because they blinded by self hate. They going out there looking for ting to hiss they teet at and missing ting to skin teet at.

Allyuh stay dey....according to one hater, "not every day is Sunday", but just like another "lucky" Trini team win Concacaf Club championship already....more than once too, and others have been "lucky enough" to beat other "superior technically" Mexican football teams and play in the final, another Trini team will be "lucky" again soon.

BIG UP CONNECTION!!

Better "luck" next time.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2007, 05:44:20 PM »
they suck...and that the bottom line...

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2007, 06:07:18 PM »
better coaching???? not necessarily! Better environment more likely. Chivas plays in a very competitive league, it is as simple as that. They face quality every Saturday, so obviously speed of play, decision making, losing markers, making space, taking chances etc. becomes second nature.

Connection did their best and on the day it was not good enough. What wrong with that?

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2007, 06:14:36 PM »

Men saying is a horrible team and an indictment of the PFL, and Men against boys and had no business being on the same field and all kinda stupidness, like if Connection didn't EARN the right to play Chivas....The same W Connection they talking about that split a home and away series with one of the biggest clubs in the world. Lose by aggregate 1 goal. Chivas ress 4 on Boca the other day. I missing something yes.

The way I look at it, W Connection did what they had to do, ie, win at home, BUT Chivas did likewise.

Chivas won on the night...so be it. As far as I am concerned, Connection was competitive; yet again a TNT team competed with the "mighty" Mexicans and we will continue to strive forward.

The problem I have with all these haters is that they only seeing the negative. They aren't seeing any positives, because they blinded by self hate. They going out there looking for ting to hiss they teet at and missing ting to skin teet at.

Allyuh stay dey....according to one hater, "not every day is Sunday", but just like another "lucky" Trini team win Concacaf Club championship already....more than once too, and others have been "lucky enough" to beat other "superior technically" Mexican football teams and play in the final, another Trini team will be "lucky" again soon.

BIG UP CONNECTION!!

Better "luck" next time.

they did not get there by luck. they earned the right to be there ! A good performance but they met one better. when Hears lost to lennard was he a disgrace ? when frazier lost to Ali ? they lost to better performers ...
we are punching with heavier weights now ...stepping up in weight takes getting used to ...I agree W connection lost but i was proud to see a T&T team keeping the ball on the ground ...In charles we have finally gotten rid of de boom kick mentality ! So sign me up as well as a fan who was pleased even though we a step behind the opponent who is world ranked.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2007, 06:35:00 PM »
ah feel yuh not sure what boom-kick really means or really didn't watch this last game..or just maybe I lost the plot...cause with our lone forward, having to contest more than 80% of passes in the air, if he was in the same timezone at all..and defenders just kicking the ball away...any where, in an effort to break-up opposing team play.used to be boomkick football in my book.....buh my book lil old eh.. :-[ .
however, I am under the impression, the defense may not have had much choice, given the tactical awareness and strategic offense of the chivas Team....so even if yuh mighta jus being sarcastic...it still not registering with me...no need to explain doh...we haven't yet or will ever hear what Fevrier actual strategy was, even if things didn't go according to our plan, so everything is hypotech. an point of view..

ps. thks palos...Interesting game on..dc vs cd
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 06:49:47 PM by maxg »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2007, 08:21:31 PM »
I watch de whole game last night and ah rather pull teeth. Good effort connection, learn to string a few passes also!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2007, 08:33:14 PM »
Watch meh, I was never so shocked as I was last night watching that game. WC had a nightmare. NO excuses. They play good my a#*. Simple awareness blatantly lacking. Fitness poor. Let me calm down.

Goalkeeping - Beckles young and he showed it last night. The 1stand 3rd goal should have never been. He is only 20 hopefully he will get better.

Defence - not a clue (drayton didi pretty okay in 1v1 situation), as a unit. Bad marking, losing forwarsd to easily, ball watching etc.

Midfield - Yet to see them. I was anticipating seeing Seabra but he was no where to be found. The Brazilian on the right appears to have not done any type of physical for a few years, he slower than me and cannot complete a pass. So to with Oliverra, passing very poor.

Earl Jean was missing, did not do anything, but I want to believe that he was playing as instructed.

Individual Tactics, players don't know when to play forward, where the point of attack should be, when to posess, when to play the long ball as oppose to the short. For some reason they could not pass the ball on the carpet, everything in the air. For over 90 % of the game we could not may more then 3 consecutive passes. They did not have to win the ball because we kept giving it back to them inside our half of the field.

Tactically I believe we employed the wrong approach. Looking at the game it would seem that Chivas had a spy in our camp because for some reason they seemed to know exactly how we were gonna play. I wonder why.

I am still wondering why we started the game defending on top our 18yds box. That was one of the biggest mistakes made.  Why not play like a 4-5-1, and posess the ball in the midfield if we are so adamant on defending. After the 2nd goal why did we not populate the midfield.

I am really disappointed. I know I all over the place but, there is so much to say and I can't focus, cause I am still shocked at such a performance. Yes we were outclassed. Chivas players strolling around the field as though they going through some warm up drills before practice.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2007, 10:40:03 PM »

BIG UP CONNECTION!!

Better "luck" next time.

ah like how when yuh criticize, you're a hater.....

If yuh want the team to lose, you're a hater...if you're frustrated by a pathetic performance and yuh voice yuh frustration via criticsm, that's something totally different.

why can't we let people share their views without gettin' up on the "ultimate fan" high horse...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2007, 10:44:41 AM »
 This really frustrating to me because I witnessing some ridiculous statements. Chivas is a powerhouse in World Football and you want a team from T&T with not nearly as much resources, less experience and playing at a lower standard week in week out, to come and run over Chivas Mexico which have built a tradition in football over the last 20 years? Are you guys kidding me? I know Hughton Hector playing small minor league football long time....Connection give the man a chance to play against Chivas?! Men dare to belittle that? Mexico reach second round World Cup and Chivas had 6 internationals! Connection had couple island internationals who collectively might not even amount 100 caps between everybody. I appauld Connection in everyway...I even applaud the way they went out the competition...JahYouth talking about the ills of T&T football, that is why Connection whip Chivas ass in Trini(albeit they got beaten second round)...T&T football just need a proper structure and W Connection is one of the clubs which introduce structure and professionalism and this got them to where they were against Chivas...You know if clubs like Barca play Chivas and get beaten and got outplayed men will say that some petty statements and not try to totally belittle them as they did with Connection...But because is a T&T club...The thing people doesn't even know when they hating or sounding like they are..."Thank God for small mercies" something that you jokers should learn...JahYouth, I simpitize with you when you say that T&T football need structure because it does, BUT I can't agree with you trying to pull down an achievement of drastic proportions made by W-Connection football club...That is just bitter....Connection, I hope will learn from this experience and will improve(it will most likely happen)...I very proud....Go T&T!!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2007, 10:51:42 AM »
Now if  only you could apply that trend of thinking  to the national team and wim's dilemma   ... you defend W connection but you attack wim all out with our mercy 

where you stand now eh Ponnoxx .... i ketch yuh
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2007, 11:09:52 AM »
I don't think that are disappointed with the loss are as upset with the actual loss itself as much as they are with the way Connection lost the game.  Maybe we are making progress (in some people's views) by actually competing against a footballing giant in Chivas and lose, but certain mistakes shouldn't still be being made.  Some posters have pointed out that T&T clubs like Defence Force and Police and even Connection themselves have enjoyed success in the past, and that is fine.  However, having attained such heights should have established a platform or standard level upon which we use to then take our game to the next level.  Indeed, there were times when Connection looked like the had no clue as to being able to string a few passes together to play the ball out of their defensive third of the field.......something they should well be able to do by now...........in their sleep.  I don't think anybody questions our ability as a country to produce talented players, but we haven't seemed to have learned how to take that talent and turn it into a skill.  The problem is systemic, not characteristic to Connection.  It's the exposure of some of our fundamental flaws in development that have alot of us fuming, not the fact that Connection actually lost the game.  

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2007, 11:15:34 AM »
(sorry, this was my ans to noxx)
Mr. i think a lot of comments were based more towards T&T football than W Connection football... sure, W Connection may ( or may not improve) but I think what most people are more concerned about was how far back T&T football has to also equally improve from.
The unfortunate thing here is that some ppl are using W Connection as the sole measure of T&T football, when in fact, they were only the most recently successful CLUB team in a particular T&T football league..I don't think that the guys who play the lower leagues are no good, even if they don't get the same level of exposure....in addition note, the amount of foreigners - therefore a different combination, mindsets and style - which in some cases may be just enough to make a team successfull...

They may be an indicator, but not the only such....

Is Hector in the top 25 at his position in T&T football, or the top at his position with this particular combination of players around him in the PFL ?

I think the latter and all kudos to him for achieving this. Hope he takes his game another level, and get on our National team.

yet to think ppl are jokers or haters because they have a different opinion or perspective to you.....is a bit presumptious.....tho some ppl think I'm(or was) a pompous ass...ah ass, ok...buh pompous, bro... ;D
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 11:20:01 AM by maxg »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2007, 11:24:58 AM »
Mr. i think a lot of comments were based more towards T&T football than W Connection football... sure, W Connection may ( or may not improve) but I think what most people are more concerned about was how far back T&T football has to also equally improve from.
The unfortunate thing here is that some ppl are using W Connection as the sole measure of T&T football, when in fact, they were only the most recently successful CLUB team in a particular T&T football league..I don't think that the guys who play the lower leagues are no good, even if they don't get the same level of exposure....in addition note, the amount of foreigners - therefore a different combination, mindsets and style - which in some cases may be just enough to make a team successfull...

Is Hector in the top 25 at his position in T&T football, or the top at his position with this particular combination of players around him in the PFL ?

I think the latter and all kudos to him for achieving this. Hope he takes his game another level, and get on our National team.

yet to think ppl are jokers or haters because they have a different opinion or perspective to you.....is a bit presumptious.....tho some ppl think I'm(or was) a pompous ass...ah ass, ok...buh pompous, bro... ;D

I thought it was understood that i and people at large are actually talking about T&T football as opposed to Connection itself.  I know every posting I put up about this type  talks about our football "....from a cultural perspective..." Today it's connection, yesterday it was the Nationl Team in the Digicel cup, tomorrow it will be the Under-17's and the day after that it will be the senior team in Gold Cup, etc., etc.  No matter which team we put in place, the indictment of our football as a whole remains the same.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2007, 12:01:27 PM »
(sorry, this was my ans to noxx)

When you hold something dear to your heart it is often very difficult to stomach criticism of it. I think all the posters on this board (the Trini ones) support T&T with all they have....but everyone deals with disappointment differently. Some people (like me at times) get vex and start lighting fire under every man jack tail....some people sit back and keep quiet, some people look on the bright side and just give thanks for what we've achieved...it's all a matter of personality and preference. All in all, as a board, collectively we strike a good balance.

At the end of the day, every Trini on this board will wear red, and live & die by our boys.....and I think we all know this and accept this. The whole idea of labeling people haters in a situation like this is just a knee jerk reaction when exposed to a different personality, different style, or different way of dealing with disappointment. We all stand for the same thing......
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2007, 12:04:12 PM »
 noxx?(yuh know how long somebody int say that way :beermug:) anyhow

T&T football needs improvement through better structuring, top to bottom, everybody who alive know that BUT W-Connection went up against the Chivas and the majority of people didn't fully back them but instead gave a kinda restrained support by saying "They would get beaten" before the match even played...Just imagine a team from YOUR own country  and guys have the balls to fight them down before they kick a ball...It seemed to me that you wanted them to lose to prove a point...People wonder why PFL football doesn't draw crowds...Thats your answer! I mean if I were a baller what kinda impetus would i get to play football? I know if people do come to the games they just coming to fight down, not giving any 'real' support and expect nothing of me...I remember school football teams like Naps and Benedicts playing...people on the side of the field , all on th track pack....Skinner Park full...people supporting football....People formed an atmosphere that got the best out of the players...I not saying this is sole reason why PFL football is not as good as it SHOULD BE because other factors lacking also...I think coaching is a BIG problem...we need to focus more on fundamentals blah blah blah....This is where waggonism lies ...The whole of T&T should have been behind Connection...Fight to get tickets, stands pack, Riddim playing all over, flags ....triniman always on my case about why I does always 'cry' for south football but down from where I from we came back out with a team...every game we used to have our supporters with us...Fellas from on that team play for SWIF...people from by us going to watch(trust me transport, roads etc not easy)....Toussaint playing for Connection, big maxis full going to watch the man play...It didn't happen every week because resources against most of time.......Minor league football in Gonzalez(where Hector from ) people surrounding the pitch...real support....Point Fortin don't have a good field, transport hard, but people still going games(minor league)....that is support .....People going to games and forming an atmosphere....Support is backing a team, regardless...Connection may have not been your favourite team but they were representing T&T and the PFL...Your Country! and the it wasn't a case of supporting regardless...You guys want to take example of better standards of football than the PFL, you should also take an example of the support they get....If Wigan happen reach UEFA finals(someday) everybody in England want them to win it...regardless of who you support...Even if they were unlikely finalists and they playing a superior standard club...Nobody not wishing they will lose to say bad things and point fingers...Connection didn't have the best showing but they make me proud ....Go T&T  

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2007, 12:15:26 PM »
noxx?(yuh know how long somebody int say that way :beermug:) anyhow

T&T football needs improvement through better structuring, top to bottom, everybody who alive know that BUT W-Connection went up against the Chivas and the majority of people didn't fully back them but instead gave a kinda restrained support by saying "They would get beaten" before the match even played...Just imagine a team from YOUR own country  and guys have the balls to fight them down before they kick a ball...It seemed to me that you wanted them to lose to prove a point...People wonder why PFL football doesn't draw crowds...Thats your answer! I mean if I were a baller what kinda impetus would i get to play football? I know if people do come to the games they just coming to fight down, not giving any 'real' support and expect nothing of me...I remember school football teams like Naps and Benedicts playing...people on the side of the field , all on th track pack....Skinner Park full...people supporting football....People formed an atmosphere that got the best out of the players...I not saying this is sole reason why PFL football is not as good as it SHOULD BE because other factors lacking also...I think coaching is a BIG problem...we need to focus more on fundamentals blah blah blah....This is where waggonism lies ...The whole of T&T should have been behind Connection...Fight to get tickets, stands pack, Riddim playing all over, flags ....triniman always on my case about why I does always 'cry' for south football but down from where I from we came back out with a team...every game we used to have our supporters with us...Fellas from on that team play for SWIF...people from by us going to watch(trust me transport, roads etc not easy)....Toussaint playing for Connection, big maxis full going to watch the man play...It didn't happen every week because resources against most of time.......Minor league football in Gonzalez(where Hector from ) people surrounding the pitch...real support....Point Fortin don't have a good field, transport hard, but people still going games(minor league)....that is support .....People going to games and forming an atmosphere....Support is backing a team, regardless...Connection may have not been your favourite team but they were representing T&T and the PFL...Your Country! and the it wasn't a case of supporting regardless...You guys want to take example of better standards of football than the PFL, you should also take an example of the support they get....If Wigan happen reach UEFA finals(someday) everybody in England want them to win it...regardless of who you support...Even if they were unlikely finalists and they playing a superior standard club...Nobody not wishing they will lose to say bad things and point fingers...Connection didn't have the best showing but they make me proud ....Go T&T  

Point made...point taken

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2007, 02:04:47 PM »
A couple years ago Petrotrin came to DC a gave a "connection-like first game performance". They drop back in defence and counter attack whenever possible. It almost worked. They lost 1-0 in the 85th min.  Echevery and company tried to wear down Petro. but they held fiim until the goal.
Brian Williams was super. I think McCommie was in goal. He made some spirit save to keep them in the game. The few TT supporters who went were real proud. Vidale used that strategy because he knew the limitations of his squad.
  The next Joe Public come. They did the opposite. They went out attacking DC. They end up getting about 6. It could have been more. But say wha!! I stayed till the very end. I ain't hide or leave early. It was a TT team. I support them  I didnot  know the guys except Keth Lookloy. That is Jack team and most of all yuh love Jack. Yeh right.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2007, 02:58:34 PM »
A couple years ago Petrotrin came to DC a gave a "connection-like first game performance". They drop back in defence and counter attack whenever possible. It almost worked. They lost 1-0 in the 85th min.  Echevery and company tried to wear down Petro. but they held fiim until the goal.
Brian Williams was super. I think McCommie was in goal. He made some spirit save to keep them in the game. The few TT supporters who went were real proud. Vidale used that strategy because he knew the limitations of his squad.
  The next Joe Public come. They did the opposite. They went out attacking DC. They end up getting about 6. It could have been more. But say wha!! I stayed till the very end. I ain't hide or leave early. It was a TT team. I support them  I didnot  know the guys except Keth Lookloy. That is Jack team and most of all yuh love Jack. Yeh right.

It was Ken Francis in goal and he was stellar(even doh dey scored on him in de dregs) I was there for that one. Petrotrin had a golden opportunity squandered in the opening mins of that game too.

BTW Joe Public collected 8 that night, but the Trinis in the stadium still fete like we win de game :beermug:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 03:01:59 PM by Pointman »
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

1]; } ?>