April 24, 2024, 05:57:04 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the W Connection vs CD Guadalajara Return Game.  (Read 32465 times)

Offline Unionfc

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • USCHIVAS.COM
Re: Thread for the W Connection vs CD Guadalajara Return Game.
« Reply #180 on: February 28, 2007, 10:49:40 PM »
good game fellas,( actually pretty boring)  it's tough to lose but in losing you learn from yourself
and gain experience. its a long process but it's better to get it started than crawl in a nutshell
Trini football is growing and I holy hope the best for it, as it will help the concacaf raises its competition level

Cheers to all a ya, the game it's beautiful and meant to develop friendship and not hate.
unless it's the USA of course   ;D

saludos !

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 28, 2007, 10:49:58 PM »
Connection need to organize a sweat with the other teams that get knock out. Obviously playing only in the PFL not allowing us to develop fast enough. How come they only play some semblance of decent football in the last 20 mins?

Jean purge today. I disappointed. The defensive marking way too loose.

If Wim think he going and talk from off far and defensive players will magically appear he have a harsh reality in front of him.

Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 28, 2007, 10:53:07 PM »
thaks for the heads up Touches....
Sorry Connection and PFL...Good effort still...keep working, cause yuh can't ever give up....Thanks for the represent still

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 28, 2007, 10:53:30 PM »
Jean is ah GOAT I don't care what nobody say This man is a waste a time. He have no touches whatsover. Not creative he does nothing on the field.

ah tink jean  and olivera does look good in the pfl like king
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #184 on: February 28, 2007, 11:02:14 PM »
 :o :o :o :o

??? ??? ??? :'

:'( :'( :'(

>:( >:( >:(

oh yeah tousaint and hector play good ;D ;D ;D

next year conn
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 28, 2007, 11:13:01 PM »

Triniman LOL!!!!!!! Well if Jean and Olivera does look good in the PFL as true as that may be it shows the standard of we football in the PFL. I mean I love Triniidad football I want it to grow and develop, I want the local sides to be a force to reckon with, but staying in the PFL with mediocre players not cutting it. Wim say we get better when our British players play with the local boys and I guess that is true thye draw from their experience and confidence. But these foreigners we have here from Brazil and OH St. Lucia ain't doing a dam ting. They look good against we inexperienced players and under exposed guys. SAD indeed. Only Pacheco, Toussaint, Drayton look Ok at times but other than that them Brazilian toots theyself and the list goes on.

Offline Warlord

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 28, 2007, 11:20:25 PM »
Very disappointed that Connection lost this game. They showed no creativity and no individualism throughout except when Toussaint came on.

The defence was responsible for goals 2 and 3. The keeper Beckles has to take the blame for goal no1. I will forgive him because he's only 20 yrs old and was playing the biggest game of his career thus far. He still has a lot to learn but I think he's a good GK. He's better than Jan Williams in my estimation.

Chivas passed the ball well and they looked inventive. Players were running into spaces and they knew where each other was and I think that was the difference. They looked really comfortable on the ball. I think Connection tried to hold on to that one goal lead for too long. That puts pressure on your defense what they needed to do was to hold the ball and frustrate Chivas.

Anyways good luck to Connection next year. Their academy is good. they have very good young players. :applause:
"I love to see my people living in love, hate to see dem fighting and swimming in blood."

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 28, 2007, 11:22:35 PM »
I go give Toussaint something. Hector nah.

What happen to the good old teams of old where blade was the  order of the day to soften the opposition and instill some respect?
No heart no urgency etc etc etc.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 28, 2007, 11:22:48 PM »
I saw the games in patches. Yes Connection did not play well. They were outclassed. But I still give them the benefit of the doubt. It easy for you guys to pontificate from behind your keyboards that you could bring this side and that side to beat Connection. But I want anyone of you to just make two sprints without the ball in in that high altitude and see what happens. Very few teams go to Mexico and come out win a win. 3-0 is a respectable score.  Connection just have to play more teams from Mex if they need to progress. No team from the Caribbean will advance until they are able to match the Mex. toe to toe. The only way you can do that is to make more tours to Mex, period.

Go connection. There is always next year!!!!

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 28, 2007, 11:27:11 PM »
We go be dead and gone and most likely there will still be next year.
I was really hoping to see a couple of players shine in this game. Toussaint show he have something. Other than him I ain't really see nothing. I am a Connection supporter cause I went Naps and live by the Mannie but I feel jabloteh going through may have benefitted the country more because at least locals would have learnt something.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 11:30:32 PM by rippin »

Offline Warlord

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 28, 2007, 11:28:20 PM »
Jean is ah GOAT I don't care what nobody say This man is a waste a time. He have no touches whatsover. Not creative he does nothing on the field.

ah tink jean  and olivera does look good in the pfl like king

Jean is 35 yrs old and Oliviera looks too small to play that position. He was always getting bundled over and losing the ball. W Connection is only an 8 year old club and the PFL isn't even nearing 10 years yet some posters expect the standard of play to be similar to that of the MFL.  Check back in history to see how long the Mexican Football League has been around? Better yet do the research on how much history clubs like Chivas, Cruz Azul, Pumas, Necaxa, and Pachuca have ::)
"I love to see my people living in love, hate to see dem fighting and swimming in blood."

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 28, 2007, 11:38:18 PM »
I doh mind yuh getting licks but you have to fight going down.  I will take 11 birchall over 11 Hardest any day.

It have TV and have internet to bridge that history gap.  You could watch  and hear men analyse football all day. I doh care how old the MFL is. All I want to see is some level of improvement.  Finding your self in space and giving a man an outlet to pass to have nothing to do with skill. Running down a man when you loss the ball have nothing to do with skill.

11 man behind the ball and nobody marking. Nobody putting in a tackle.  Very little to do with skill. Free headers in the box consistently. Lack of coaching.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 11:46:23 PM by rippin »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 28, 2007, 11:45:28 PM »
The good:

1. Toussaint come out looking very very skillful under tight marking, better than I expected from him. He can definitely remake the national team as he didn't quite shine in Digicel and people were thinking he was hyped up a bit too much. Well he proved himself

2.  Pacheco improved from his poor showing in the first game. He has something that can be developed and seems to have a power shot just waiting to be unleashed

3. Drayton makes mistakes but is somebody to watch for possible blooding in defense for the olympic or national  team with a little more coaching out of his mistakes. Is good in the air and tries hard. Might have more potential than that Joe Public right back who played in Digicel

4. Penalty save was admirable. One thing about Beckles. For a li'l young fella with no exposure to big football, he doesn't get flustered at all in big occasions. He is a courageous fella and I admire that

5. Connection got a look into a world that will change them all for the good. They will cry for a few days then hopefuly geh a li'l philosophical and re-commit to individual and team improvement. Look out for Pacheco, Drayton to improve next year.

The bad:

1. Oliviera just could not get it right today. He was pushed up into midfield where he certainly can play but.......maybe the tight midfield was just too much. He settled better in the 2nd half when he stopped trying to beats and take on man 1 on 1. I know Fevrier was disappointed in his performance. He was missed at left back because he was very good at that in T&T. Maybe that is where he has to stay even though he is allowed to roam in T&T games. I doh want to be too hasty as he is usually the rock of the team

2. Don't like how Beckles seems to be seeing dem crosses coming in and he not coming off his line unless is a high floating cross. Well men was talking plenty goal keeping technique recently so ah go listen for opinions on dat.

3. Beckles's kicks continued to be atrocious in the first half. I guess it got a little better in the 2nd but still not good. He won't be able to go very far with his awkward kicking technique as it detracts from any other talents he may have.

4. I didn't see the value in Hector.

5. Never got to see Viana, didn't notice Viveros if he came on in the end at all

And the ugly:

1.Left back was eating some serious beats. Not sure if he was that slow or the dazzling Mexican right winger was that fast...but the beats was bad boy and getting left behind by yards.

2. The final pass by T&T in the first half especially was very poor. Ah couldn't understand it. Occasion too overwhelming? Stadium too intimidating? Too much noise to cope with communication? Too much tacos last night?

-----------------------------------------------------------

But anyway, thanks Connection for the chance to witness this historic moment. T&T football will gain in ways that we can't quite understand now while the pain of a whipping lingers. Chivas is a reminder of what the Socawarriors will face (even more daunting) when we have to play Mexico in the Gold Cup and World Cup qualifiers. So Jones, Stern, Glen, Scotty, Roberts, Samuel, Carlos, Baptiste, Spann, Birch, Theobald, Toussaint, Sancho, Tallest, Telesford, Gray, Avery, Daniel, (?Drayton  ;D ) Ince, Jack, Jan-Michael, Warner (and one more stopper dat ah cyah find right now  :'( ), take note and geh ready. Presshah!...but still doh frighten.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 12:12:46 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 28, 2007, 11:49:16 PM »
The field was too big hence the poor passing  :o.

Offline Warlord

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 28, 2007, 11:50:58 PM »
I doh mind yuh getting licks but you have to fight going down.  I will take 11 birchall over 11 Hardest any day.

It have TV and have internet to bridge that history gap.  You could watch  and hear men analyse football all day. I doh care how old the MFL is. All I want to see is some level of improvement.  Finding your self in space and giving a man an outlet to pass to have nothing to do with skill. Running down a man when you loss the ball have nothing to do with skill. 11 man behind the ball and nobody marking. Nobody putting in a tackle.  Nothing to do with skill.

That's exactly my point. It's easy to say that you can watch tv and look pon di internet, but football isn't played over the internet or on tv. It's done on a football field. Better players in the league will improve the standard of play. This club is in its initial stages. Every league in its early inception had the same problems as the PFL. MLS did and so did the old english first division and the early part of the premiership.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 28, 2007, 11:55:04 PM »
I don't think Hardest will ever be fit enough for the kinda intensity that is required of midfielders these days with the pace so fast. Sorry TI
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 01, 2007, 12:01:55 AM »
good game fellas,( actually pretty boring)  it's tough to lose but in losing you learn from yourself
and gain experience. its a long process but it's better to get it started than crawl in a nutshell
Trini football is growing and I holy hope the best for it, as it will help the concacaf raises its competition level

Cheers to all a ya, the game it's beautiful and meant to develop friendship and not hate.

saludos !

that's cool. nice to get some positive vibes from a Chivas fan. Good luck.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 01, 2007, 12:49:12 AM »
I hope people get of wim case now

You and de wimp jus kep on bad talking de local football and do nutten about it .
Ah suppose yuh could get thru life jus talking an doing nutten if yuh is ah comedian.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 01, 2007, 05:02:24 AM »

unless it's the USA of course    ;D

saludos !

that's cool. nice to get some positive vibes from a Chivas fan. Good luck.

UnionFC I reeeaalll like you..... :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 01, 2007, 08:37:54 AM »
We club football was better when we wereen't pro.

You stay there and feel so......

Maybe and only maybe relative to the rest of the region (and some parts of the world).....because the game was not as advanced as it is today.......but our club football was never significantly better in absolute terms......poor technique, and inadequate overall development was always a curse in local football...take off yuh blinders.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #200 on: March 01, 2007, 08:42:22 AM »
We club football was better when we wereen't pro.

You stay there and feel so......

Maybe and only maybe relative to the rest of the region (and some parts of the world).....because the game was not as advanced as it is today.......but our club football was never significantly better in absolute terms......poor technique, and inadequate overall development was always a curse in local football...take off yuh blinders.

A man in a next thread say that we master flowing footballlong time ago and referred to small goal.

Sometimes we does really sound like island people as if nobody else does play football where man does share beat and skills off on a football field.

I really wonder what people see when they see other countries and clubs playing football.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 01, 2007, 08:45:34 AM »

saludos !
Buen Partido THERE UNION. Well it showed we still have a lot of work to do to be on par with the rest of the region but I thought Chivas was holding possession extremely well and did a good job closing down the options when W connecton had the ball. Our guys had more attack in the second half but clean passing and finishing is still a problem

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 01, 2007, 02:27:20 PM »
Shit like dirt. Dem man look like dey carry doubles and KFC for de pregame meal. ah know de pace faster, but lack of meaningful technical ability was mostly absent in that performance. Ballmen, take pride in yuh game and work on yuh basics please. Lawd have mercy   :-\ :-\ :-[ :-[
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 01, 2007, 06:24:53 PM »
The players that looked the best for connection,showed promise in thier attacks and strung together passes and defended well;
Oliveira
Seabra (ist Half)
Goulart (1st Half)
Toussaint

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #204 on: March 01, 2007, 06:39:00 PM »
great report dreamer, tousaint really step up just needed a little help

#43 came on and played good  8)

in my view the brazilians kill our game  >:(

joesph was w conn best player on the night :)

tousaint showed that chivas isnt hard to beat with a faster forward like barthlomew majic could of happened  ;)
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 01, 2007, 07:32:35 PM »
The good:

1. Toussaint come out looking very very skillful under tight marking, better than I expected from him. He can definitely remake the national team as he didn't quite shine in Digicel and people were thinking he was hyped up a bit too much. Well he proved himself

2.  Pacheco improved from his poor showing in the first game. He has something that can be developed and seems to have a power shot just waiting to be unleashed

3. Drayton makes mistakes but is somebody to watch for possible blooding in defense for the olympic or national  team with a little more coaching out of his mistakes. Is good in the air and tries hard. Might have more potential than that Joe Public right back who played in Digicel

4. Penalty save was admirable. One thing about Beckles. For a li'l young fella with no exposure to big football, he doesn't get flustered at all in big occasions. He is a courageous fella and I admire that
5. Connection got a look into a world that will change them all for the good. They will cry for a few days then hopefuly geh a li'l philosophical and re-commit to individual and team improvement. Look out for Pacheco, Drayton to improve next year.

The bad:

1. Oliviera just could not get it right today. He was pushed up into midfield where he certainly can play but.......maybe the tight midfield was just too much. He settled better in the 2nd half when he stopped trying to beats and take on man 1 on 1. I know Fevrier was disappointed in his performance. He was missed at left back because he was very good at that in T&T. Maybe that is where he has to stay even though he is allowed to roam in T&T games. I doh want to be too hasty as he is usually the rock of the team

2. Don't like how Beckles seems to be seeing dem crosses coming in and he not coming off his line unless is a high floating cross. Well men was talking plenty goal keeping technique recently so ah go listen for opinions on dat.

3. Beckles's kicks continued to be atrocious in the first half. I guess it got a little better in the 2nd but still not good. He won't be able to go very far with his awkward kicking technique as it detracts from any other talents he may have.

4. I didn't see the value in Hector.

5. Never got to see Viana, didn't notice Viveros if he came on in the end at all

And the ugly:

1.Left back was eating some serious beats. Not sure if he was that slow or the dazzling Mexican right winger was that fast...but the beats was bad boy and getting left behind by yards.

2. The final pass by T&T in the first half especially was very poor. Ah couldn't understand it. Occasion too overwhelming? Stadium too intimidating? Too much noise to cope with communication? Too much tacos last night?

-----------------------------------------------------------

But anyway, thanks Connection for the chance to witness this historic moment. T&T football will gain in ways that we can't quite understand now while the pain of a whipping lingers. Chivas is a reminder of what the Socawarriors will face (even more daunting) when we have to play Mexico in the Gold Cup and World Cup qualifiers. So Jones, Stern, Glen, Scotty, Roberts, Samuel, Carlos, Baptiste, Spann, Birch, Theobald, Toussaint, Sancho, Tallest, Telesford, Gray, Avery, Daniel, (?Drayton  ;D ) Ince, Jack, Jan-Michael, Warner (and one more stopper dat ah cyah find right now  :'( ), take note and geh ready. Presshah!...but still doh frighten.

My thought were quite similar...I liked Beckles(3 goals notwithstanding :D ) he is definitely someone to groom for 2010. He will only get better with the right training regimen. Toussaint too.

Since so many of Chivas' lineup is made up of Mex nationals, I kinda like our chances against them in the upcoming WC qualifiers since our best players are playing abroad and would give them a good run for their money. Connection was outclassed but 3-0 is not too bad for a young inexperienced team(especially with a win against Chivas). Next year fellas...we run tings in the Caribbean!! :beermug:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Warlord

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 01, 2007, 09:03:29 PM »
W Connection will not be there next year. It will be JW's Joe Public FC.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 01, 2007, 10:08:09 PM »
Connection will be in the CFU club championship. They were runner's up.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 01, 2007, 10:39:28 PM »
The players that looked the best for connection,showed promise in thier attacks and strung together passes and defended well;
Oliveira
Seabra (ist Half)
Goulart (1st Half)
Toussaint

Oliveira???????? He was pretty bad on the night, especially in the first half. But you could see he fight as hard as he could. He put in his shift for a good spell, but nothing went right for him when he was on the ball. Late in the 2nd half he looked better going forward, but his lack of defense in the 2nd was criminal and exposed the left back time and time again.
Goulart have some skill and composure, but he is not a professional athlete. He just look like a retired baller with some touches.
Seabra is probably better off coming off the bench. Wanted to make thngs happen, wanted the ball to feet, but he is a bit slow and ran out of steam. My MOTM in the 1st leg. He is a fighter but it was not enough against Chivas.
I knew people would like Touissant. He have some touches and energy, but looks like he plays with his head down and therefore ends up dribbling a little needlessly. Or maybe he was just trying to make things happen. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and let those who have seen him play more give a more informed opinion. One thing..he frustrated the Mexicans to the point that they were trying to kick him down everytime he got the ball. But we wasted almost every free kick.

Look...I not hating. Everybody want to hear something positive, but that was a mess last night. If we were Chivas and WC was a squad from St. Lucia or some country that we doh respect in ball, and played like that yuh know everyone on this board would have thought they were absolute shite.

But I disagree with those who say WC did not go down fighting. They just have no clue what it is like to play against a team that is miles ahead of you technically and tactically. I find the fellas put in a shift. And young Beckles look unfazed by the occasion. His head in the right place to go far. He has to keep developing his game and he could do something. De Leon in the back (I think that was his name...kinda short fella)..he was a Lion in the back until he and the rest of the back line ran out of gas and lost all shape in the 2nd half. Ras, when he was  on the right wasn't bad either...Chivas really didn't trouble us too much on that side even though the Chivas left wing was really trying to gallery. Oh well...next time

1]; } ?>