April 27, 2024, 03:43:21 AM

Poll

Should teams ranking go up only if they beat a team higher in ranking?

Yes
7 (41.2%)
No
10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: FIFA Ranking Thread.  (Read 298611 times)

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Re: Argentina No. 1 in FIFA rankings for first time
« Reply #810 on: March 14, 2007, 07:59:56 PM »
T & T @ 68th.

http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/index/0,2548,All-Mar-2007,00.html

Argentina No. 1 in FIFA rankings for first time

March 14, 2007

ZURICH, Switzerland (AP) -- Argentina claimed the top spot in the FIFA rankings for the first time since they began in 1993, displacing World Cup champion Italy on Wednesday.

The United States dropped two places to No. 30, nine behind Mexico, the top-ranked team from the North and Central American and Caribbean region.

Italy fell to second, one spot ahead of Brazil, which had been No. 1 for 55 consecutive months before the Azzurri took over in February.

Argentina's move to the top was boosted by its 1-0 exhibition victory last month over World Cup runner-up France, which remained in fourth. Les Bleus were followed by Germany, England and the Netherlands, Portugal, the Czech Republic and Spain.

Fire bun Argentina!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 14, 2007, 08:01:09 PM »
How could the US drop when they beat Denmark and Mexico. this thing too confusing
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 14, 2007, 08:16:09 PM »
After T&T, Argentina is my side, but I agree with Jai John, I doh know if i agree with them being no. 1 at the moment, based on just one game against France
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 14, 2007, 08:16:16 PM »
T & T @ 68th.

March 14, 2007

ZURICH, Switzerland (AP) -- Argentina claimed the top spot in the FIFA rankings for the first time since they began in 1993, displacing World Cup champion Italy on Wednesday.

The United States dropped two places to No. 30, nine behind Mexico, the top-ranked team from the North and Central American and Caribbean region.

Italy fell to second, one spot ahead of Brazil, which had been No. 1 for 55 consecutive months before the Azzurri took over in February.

Argentina's move to the top was boosted by its 1-0 exhibition victory last month over World Cup runner-up France, which remained in fourth. Les Bleus were followed by Germany, England and the Netherlands, Portugal, the Czech Republic and Spain.

Fire bun Argentina!

Supa agree wid yuh 100%, fire fuh dem. A few years ago ah went wid ah touring team tuh Argentina, fuh ah airline tournament, and trust meh fuh who doh know, dey is the biggest set ah racist yuh cud find. Ah Jamaican breddah and myself were the only black players on de team, and it wasn't ah nice experience over dey. Dey cud only try dat shit over dey doh, dey cah come here wid dat cuz is  :flamethrower: :flamethrower:   However, give credit where it is due, dey does produce some ah best talent yuh could find in de world. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #814 on: March 15, 2007, 10:10:49 AM »
that rankin system is real shit >:(
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 15, 2007, 10:36:43 AM »
T & T @ 68th.

March 14, 2007

Fire bun Argentina!
stop de hatred bredda. :challenge:point de day we paths cross,ah might have cause to damage yuh.lol.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 15, 2007, 11:03:36 AM »
capo,

yuh never deal with argentines or wha? they is a set ah racist scum.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 15, 2007, 12:57:03 PM »
capo,

i believe in every human being there is some sort of racism,larceny and criminal intent.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 15, 2007, 04:19:52 PM »
capo,

Gosh, so ah shouldn't have a crush on Messi then?  :-\
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 15, 2007, 04:47:34 PM »
capo,

i believe in every human being there is some sort of racism,larceny and criminal intent.
!!??? So you will tolerate racism, and even like racists!!?...Even when they racist against you and yuh whole family who never do nobody nutten!!?
Worst yet, from your statement, are YOU a racist?

Come again breddah...get yuh head out de sand.

Ah wonder what race you are?
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: March 15, 2007, 08:46:07 PM »
capo,

every man should be judged by his own individual characteristics...not some stereotype. calling an Argentine racist is like calling a man from the Caribbean lazy. I have some really cool Argentine friends and was recently there for a wedding. I was treated great everywhere I went. My son's godfather is Argentine. Argentina as a country has had what many would call a 'racist' history....but you cannot judge individuals like that. I don't think Argentines in general are any more racists than anyone else. They may not be as politically correct as North Americans or Europeans...but I don't think you should confuse the two..but hey..Dat is just me.

back on topic....I cool with Argentina on top. This FIFA ranking confusing and I don't have the eneregy of the patience to understand it......so may as well let all the big boys get a small dance up top. By the way...Brazil didn't hit dat 3 just the opther day :devil: :devil: ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 09:51:48 AM by Filho »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 16, 2007, 05:41:03 AM »
Take for example Germany, dem have a nasty racist history so much so (to my surprise) generations have been ashamed of it....

But I didn't feel any racism towards me while I was there and the consensus generally was that everybody had a nice time with the Germans. If ah follow Filho's line of reasoning, could be de same thing happening to  Argentina.

And in any event, ah doh think FIFA does consider whether or not yuh country have/had a racist history in order to rank yuh??  ???
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 16, 2007, 09:48:25 AM »

Supa agree wid yuh 100%, fire fuh dem. A few years ago ah went wid ah touring team tuh Argentina, fuh ah airline tournament, and trust meh fuh who doh know, dey is the biggest set ah racist yuh cud find. Ah Jamaican breddah and myself were the only black players on de team, and it wasn't ah nice experience over dey. Dey cud only try dat shit over dey doh, dey cah come here wid dat cuz is  :flamethrower: :flamethrower:   However, give credit where it is due, dey does produce some ah best talent yuh could find in de world. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Supa I goh agree wid yuh on dis one . Dem is one setah elitist minded %@#^.  Ah use to wuk with a Argentinian an when he see TnT playing de man use tuh rel tun up he face and telling me why you watching those fellas for, dat ain't football. I use to wah cuss he #$%@ bad bad.

From all things I have heard of Argentinians is they are very elitist minded an he prove jus what I've heard of them.

But I will give them the credit because I think they are the best team out there right now.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 16, 2007, 10:15:42 AM »

Supa I goh agree wid yuh on dis one . Dem is one setah elitist minded %@#^.  Ah use to wuk with a Argentinian an when he see TnT playing de man use tuh rel tun up he face and telling me why you watching those fellas for, dat ain't football. I use to wah cuss he #$%@ bad bad.

From all things I have heard of Argentinians is they are very elitist minded an he prove jus what I've heard of them.

But I will give them the credit because I think they are the best team out there right now.

hmmm. your co-worker is a cacahole. but it's kinda sad that meeting one person like that could make you believe a stereotype. Imagine if everyone thought this way  ??? ???  think about this...supposed you met a woman who said that all her life people told her that Trinis were lazy and the first time she met a Trini was at the workplace and he was not very smart and not very motivated and simply did no work. She now asserts that based on meeting ONE entire whole Trini she can say with confidence that Trinis are lazy......I don't think that's rational...do you?

Dale BOCA

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 16, 2007, 10:59:02 AM »
capo,

!!??? So you will tolerate racism, and even like racists!!?...Even when they racist against you and yuh whole family who never do nobody nutten!!?
Worst yet, from your statement, are YOU a racist?

Come again breddah...get yuh head out de sand.

Ah wonder what race you are?
i am ah fukin racist,wat i also doh like is people who talk trivial shit.from my statement my friend,there is some sort of racism in every fukin body.to each his own.in this life there is nothin like perfection.everything in this world is flawed.if there is no crime,you will need no police,if yuh dont litter,there will be no garbagemen.choose yuh path,go with de flow and live with de consequences my friend.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 12:17:13 PM by Peong »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 16, 2007, 12:57:40 PM »
Whether they are racist, elitist, or typists, I doh know.  That is one setta people I haven't been around enough, to know how they is. (doh see too many dark faces in their crowds or on theirclub teams, though)  On a football field though, in spite of how skilful dey is, dey is a setta tiefin', divin' cheatin, people, from the greatest frikkin one that ever played on down to many of them to this day.......and One frikkin victory over France in a friendly should not have been enough to catapult them to being the top ranked country in all the frikkin' land.  No frikkin' way!!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 16, 2007, 01:30:47 PM »
it's funny how dis topic of racism is always raise itself in every argentian, italian, or spanish thread.....

I doh understnad how men could be so ignorant, and sterotype an entire country racists because ah 1 or 2 assholes yuh meet, or 1 bad experience yuh had.

I have 2 really good Argentinian friends.  My coach is Argentinian and they are easily 3 of the best people I know.  I have visted Argentina, and I have had no problems there. Side note: the women there sweet too bad  ;D

People have to accept they are racist assholes in every country, but labelling the entire country racists based on 1 or 2 experiences doh makes sense. 

e.g.

(1) Some Athletico madrid fans wavin the confederates flag, therefore all of the sudden all spanish people racists

(2) A Lazio fan makes racist comment, therefore the whole of Italy is a racist country

(3) A man had a bad experience in Argentina, the whole ah argentina is some racist pigs...

I was walking down fredrick street with my cousin in Trinidad, and he is chinese.  Dis man start to call him bruce lee and shouting fake chinese words at us....so wait, Trinidad racist too  ???  Should I label all Trinis racist based on dat asshole, and N.B. this happens all the time in Trinidad

*long flicking steups*

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 16, 2007, 01:48:20 PM »
all trinis only like to drink, fete, storm ppl wedding, skip wuk, lime for no reason, small talk and catch kicks whole day...so all trinis lazy and good for nothing.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 16, 2007, 01:55:08 PM »
So...er...anybody knows if Messi has a girlfriend?   :angel:
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 16, 2007, 02:09:07 PM »
ent messi now turn 18 or someting?

how yuh lookin to rob de cradle so gyirl....leave de people an dem chirren alone  :devil:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 16, 2007, 02:11:58 PM »
all trinis only like to drink, fete, storm ppl wedding, skip wuk, lime for no reason, small talk and catch kicks whole day...so all trinis lazy and good for nothing.

that is an accurate description for the most part.

yuh forget the part bout running woman though.

toppa,

yuh like m-m-m-m-midget?

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 16, 2007, 02:12:21 PM »
ent messi now turn 18 or someting?

how yuh lookin to rob de cradle so gyirl....leave de people an dem chirren alone  :devil:

Messi is ah month older than me! And he's turning 20 this yr, not 18.  :D
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 16, 2007, 02:12:59 PM »

that is an accurate description for the most part.

yuh forget the part bout running woman though.

toppa,

yuh like m-m-m-m-midget?
:rotfl: :rotfl:

How short he is so?!  ???
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 16, 2007, 02:18:05 PM »
dat boy is 5' 3" max.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 16, 2007, 02:20:32 PM »
dat boy is 5' 3" max.

Lawwd, you sure? Cos I say his height in cm and in ft it converted to 5ft5"...which isn't too bad.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 16, 2007, 02:43:30 PM »
So are we back to the football question now ?
argentina might not be deserving of no 1, at least not yet and not in my books anyway but the under 20 Youth cup they rule !
they qualified for the olympics and WC again going in as defending champs ..... Do folks realise that to the qualifying team you can now add
messi, arguero, gago, higuain, Zabaleta ??? these guys could probably line up for the senior team of most footballing countries ! In fact maradona has often said messi and kun should lead the Argentina frontline at senior level...
I say bring whoever is responsible for producing that kind of talent on a regular basis to T&T yes....I believe we have the raw material ..!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 16, 2007, 02:44:02 PM »
So are we back to the football question now ?
argentina might not be deserving of no 1, at least not yet and not in my books anyway but the under 20 Youth cup they rule !
they qualified for the olympics and WC again going in as defending champs ..... Do folks realise that to the qualifying team you can now add
messi, arguero, gago, higuain, Zabaleta ??? these guys could probably line up for the senior team of most footballing countries ! In fact maradona has often said messi and kun should lead the Argentina frontline at senior level...
I say bring whoever is responsible for producing that kind of talent on a regular basis to T&T yes....I believe we have the raw material ..!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 16, 2007, 02:48:41 PM »
dat boy is 5' 3" max.

Nah..he not that short...but he short. Coulda be much shorter too. As a kid he had a glandular problem which was affecting his growth. River Plate wanted to sign him but could not afford his treatment but part of the agreement Barca struck with his family when he went to Spain was to pay for his medical treatment. If it weren't for Barca he would probably be much shorter and not been a footballer.....

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 16, 2007, 03:09:55 PM »
dat boy is 5' 3" max.

Messi's official height is 1.69m which translates to 5 feet 5 -1/2 inches
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

1]; } ?>