April 28, 2024, 06:03:57 PM

Poll

Should teams ranking go up only if they beat a team higher in ranking?

Yes
7 (41.2%)
No
10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: FIFA Ranking Thread.  (Read 298989 times)

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA Ranking
« Reply #300 on: March 15, 2006, 10:24:06 PM »
I would just say, like in another thread, that there will never be an accurate world ranking system as there are not enough cross continent games to fairly judge teams. I wish they would just use the points system for regional games and just leave it at regional ranks.

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 16, 2006, 12:08:25 AM »

I just glad that Jamaica keep dropping and we rising, I cannot wait for we to overtake yes overtake Jamaica. I support them because they represent Concacaf and the Caribbean but when it comes to between us in Concacaf fire fuh them. I went on their website the other day if you here them bussing up they mouth saying we are still the Number one team in the Caribbean ahead of Trinidad and Tobago, ok yes they win the Caribbean Cup is true but it real sound to me like we best team in Caribbean we ain't make it to World Cup but we still better than Trini. Soon they are right there they are 45th we are 49th just 13 points away and check this they going down even more because USA going to put some licks on them. We go still be rising because We beating Peru and we looking to clean up them other team and them so Boyaka, jamaica SHOT CALL.

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 16, 2006, 02:43:51 AM »
1. Brazilië
2. Tsjechië
3. Nederland
4. Argentinië
5. Verenigde Staten
6. Spanje
7. Mexico
8. Frankrijk
9. Engeland
10. Portugal
11. Turkije
12. Italië
12. Nigeria
14. Denemarken
15. Kameroen

haha usa better then spain,france england.
how great!
i think this is to promote the usa
they still are the biggest richest,best country in the world off course
and then it is NOT possible that the usa are lower than place 20.
i think the americans are a bit dissapointed that they are just on the 5th place.with their top players like.................?
they completely deserve to be numberr ONE!!!!

Offline Green Beret

• Jr. Warrior
  • Army Of One
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 16, 2006, 07:03:04 AM »
Do I think the US is the 5th best team in the world? No.
Do I even think we are the 10th best team in the world? No.
I think we are definitely in the top 15. We are definitely the best in CONCACAF.

All the aspects of our game that are criticized here on this board, are probably justified. We do not have "big name" marquee players, we do not do the most creative individual moves on the field, we do not play the most entertaining brand, yada-yada-yada.
But... we play as a team and we get results. Who would have thought, that after we were handily beaten (collected 5) in our first game in 90, that we would have made the progress we've made since then? Our players will continue to improve, our brand will improve and our status WILL improve. We have the resources, we have the population and we definitely have the PRIDE and DESIRE. One day, we will justifiably earn a top 5 ranking.

In the not too distant past, we have beaten Germany, and we have beaten Brazil. I beleive we will give Germany a run for their money on the 22nd. Watch! I beleive we can give England a run, and I beleive we can give France a run. But we will definitely continue to improve. We will put people of Trinidad parentage on the field, we will put people of German parentage, and Brazillian parentage and of course, US parentage. When that happens (not that it hasn't already), and we get the good results, we will still be criticized for using foreign player, although France and Holland have been doing it for the longest. But we are the USA and we'll continue to be criticized. No big deal though. What doesn't kill, can make you stronger. Right?

Nuff Respect.
Taking the fight... Wherever... Whenever, for the Red, the White and the Blue.
Green Beret
Find Out If You Have What It Takes To Earn The Green Beret.

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 16, 2006, 07:35:25 AM »

the dutch dont have one foreigner in their team

zero

because they a not white does not mean that they are not dutch
check the history of our country,then you know

the only player that is a foreigner and want himself to play in our squad is Kalou,and he asked himself,but it is not allowed for the time being.

ok?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 16, 2006, 07:43:16 AM »
Fifa have we at 50... they always have we weh back there! Dont' worry we'll make people feel real sick in June. They have Mexico and the US in the top ten we'll fix that soon!  :devil:
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Green Beret

• Jr. Warrior
  • Army Of One
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 16, 2006, 07:43:35 AM »

the dutch dont have one foreigner in their team

zero

because they a not white does not mean that they are not dutch
check the history of our country,then you know

the only player that is a foreigner and want himself to play in our squad is Kalou,and he asked himself,but it is not allowed for the time being.

ok?

Did I say foreigners??? Where did I say that???
I said, of FOREIGN PARENTAGE!!!
Tell me those blacks who've always played for Holland, Gullit, Seedorf, Davids, Rikaard, Kluivert et. al, are ALL of the European/Nordic/white parentage. Tell me that!!!

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 16, 2006, 07:47:51 AM »
Fifa have we at 50... they always have we weh back there! Dont' worry we'll make people feel real sick in June. They have Mexico and the US in the top ten we'll fix that soon!  :devil:
You know, we were up to #27 in 2000 when we didn't make the world cup  :rotfl:

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 16, 2006, 08:28:28 AM »

sorry green berret,

didnt understand you right.
we as dutch are now and then being accused of giving everybody a dutch passport,and that is not true at all.
i thought that you meant that.
sorry

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 16, 2006, 09:28:13 AM »
You know, we were up to #27 in 2000 when we didn't make the world cup  :rotfl:
They be treating we like bottom feeders! After we handle Iceland... trust me now teams are like"This lil Soca County is for real" We deserve more respect... but we'll receive it after the worldcup!
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 16, 2006, 09:32:11 AM »
I admire what the USA has done with their football, but I do not for one minute believe in the ranking system by FIFA.

I'll make a bold prediction here and now. The USA will not make it to the quarter final. as a matter of fact I am not sure they will even get out their group, unless its the best 3rd place finish.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Green Beret

• Jr. Warrior
  • Army Of One
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 16, 2006, 10:34:39 AM »
I'll make a bold prediction here and now. The USA will not make it to the quarter final. as a matter of fact I am not sure they will even get out their group, unless its the best 3rd place finish.

And I suppose if you're right, that will say what about the US?

Just a question, considering that France and Argentina didn't make it out of the 1st rounds last time.

Because sometimes, there is a tendency to look only at the score, or the final outcome, and disregard that those do not always tell the whole story.

I'm saying this because the US has made a strong claim for the # 1 position in CONCACAF. So if the US is eliminated in the first rounds and Mex, CR and T&T advance to the second rounds, I am certain, when we all come back across the pond, it will be business as usual when we face these teams. We will continue to make that claim for #1 in the region. And you know it too.

Nuff Respect though!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 10:40:54 AM by Green Beret »

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 16, 2006, 10:57:50 AM »
Think about this:

When it comes to playing international basketball...the US theoretically should be #1.....but they're NOT.....why....other teams in the world like Argentina and Serbia/Mont play a team sport...they don't have a major talent pool or extremely talented players, yet they win and they are World Champions....Reason they win is they play a team game....team strategy and play a lot of games together...

Now apply that to football....the US has used that in the reverse.....they do NOT have a lot of naturally skilled players but they have very good team strategy and play team ball...thats why they play a very structured game and favor them very highly in the WC...they will not win the cup but they will impress....

So before your respond to what I wrote try to think out your response a bit more objectively instead of vomitting emotions on the forum..
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 16, 2006, 11:06:30 AM »

I just glad that Jamaica keep dropping and we rising, I cannot wait for we to overtake yes overtake Jamaica. I support them because they represent Concacaf and the Caribbean but when it comes to between us in Concacaf fire fuh them. I went on their website the other day if you here them bussing up they mouth saying we are still the Number one team in the Caribbean ahead of Trinidad and Tobago, ok yes they win the Caribbean Cup is true but it real sound to me like we best team in Caribbean we ain't make it to World Cup but we still better than Trini. Soon they are right there they are 45th we are 49th just 13 points away and check this they going down even more because USA going to put some licks on them. We go still be rising because We beating Peru and we looking to clean up them other team and them so Boyaka, jamaica SHOT CALL.

If the FIFA Rankings are flawed then the position T&T & JA are in the table does not truly say which team is better between the two!

After the World Cup we can play JA in a so-called friendly to decide who is the no.1 football team in the Caribbean but until such time as T&T and JA meets up we really can't say which is the better team at PRESENT. However last time we met based on the result I believe JA could have been justified to believe that they WERE the better team! However T&T is a much better team now than we were then with a world class coach!

Right now we can only speculate as to who is better until such time as we meet again.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 11:11:05 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 16, 2006, 11:08:29 AM »
we at 49.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Green Beret

• Jr. Warrior
  • Army Of One
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: March 16, 2006, 11:22:51 AM »
Think about this:

When it comes to playing international basketball...the US theoretically should be #1.....but they're NOT.....why....other teams in the world like Argentina and Serbia/Mont play a team sport...they don't have a major talent pool or extremely talented players, yet they win and they are World Champions....Reason they win is they play a team game....team strategy and play a lot of games together...

Now apply that to football....the US has used that in the reverse.....they do NOT have a lot of naturally skilled players but they have very good team strategy and play team ball...thats why they play a very structured game and favor them very highly in the WC...they will not win the cup but they will impress....

So before your respond to what I wrote try to think out your response a bit more objectively instead of vomitting emotions on the forum..

What are you? A scientist? A physicist? A biologist? Because you talk a lot of theory.

But were you responding to me though? If you were, then:

If you go to any of the countries you mentioned and ask who is on their national basketball team, they can name the team. Ask the same in the US and nobody can tell you. They can tell you who represented the US at the last international tournament. Point is, the US does not have a national basketball team. They, naively and arrogantly, pull a bunch of NBA superstars together a few weeks before a tournament and and tell them to go out there ane represent. Hence, these other countries getting their victories.

The approach on the football field is different. There is a US national team, that has a core of sound, consistent players. I think you agreed with that.

But I'll tell you this, I won't bore you any further. I will let those players solidify my point (CONCACAF supremacy) on the field.

I don't think I was emotional when I said that we are not the 5th place team or even a top 10 team, but that we can get there in time. I don't think I was emotional when I acknowledged that it is possible we may not get out of the 1st rounds at the WC. I don't even think it's emotions that lead me to say that we'll beat any CONCACAF team. Sure, we might lose one here or there, but we will rule CONCACAF. No emotions, just fact, arrogance not-withstanding. Yankee-to-de-bone.  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 11:24:57 AM by Green Beret »

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 16, 2006, 12:19:42 PM »
Green Beret ...DON"T BE AN ASS !!!!

First of all you may need a few more Community College classes in comprehension and understanding...

If you read my post again I was actually trying to make an objective post in support of the USA's approach and recent success..

Also I tried to somewhat validate the USA's success and not put them down like some posters like to do because they simply DO NOT LIKE THE US team (which they are entitled to)

To answer your question though..YES I do theorize a lot...I am an Engineer.

Secondly, I agree with them being ranked highly (NOT 5th...top 15 maybe)...

Now, though you are a big supporter of the US,  you have resorted to the same tactics as the ones who just hate the US regardless of how far they have progressed....but again ur entitled to your opinion..
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 16, 2006, 12:25:06 PM »

And I suppose if you're right, that will say what about the US?

Just a question, considering that France and Argentina didn't make it out of the 1st rounds last time.

Because sometimes, there is a tendency to look only at the score, or the final outcome, and disregard that those do not always tell the whole story.

I'm saying this because the US has made a strong claim for the # 1 position in CONCACAF. So if the US is eliminated in the first rounds and Mex, CR and T&T advance to the second rounds, I am certain, when we all come back across the pond, it will be business as usual when we face these teams. We will continue to make that claim for #1 in the region. And you know it too.

Nuff Respect though!

Your right business as usual and as I said I pay little respect to rankings. Because if I remember correcty Norway were once in the top 8. What happened was the Norweigans with the aid of a computer program, worked out how to be in the top 10.
As I said I respect the US and its football, i just do not think the team will do as well as 2002. Other than that it means little.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Green Beret

• Jr. Warrior
  • Army Of One
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 16, 2006, 12:56:38 PM »
Green Beret ...DON"T BE AN ASS !!!!

First of all you may need a few more Community College classes in comprehension and understanding...

If you read my post again I was actually trying to make an objective post in support of the USA's approach and recent success..

Also I tried to somewhat validate the USA's success and not put them down like some posters like to do because they simply DO NOT LIKE THE US team (which they are entitled to)

To answer your question though..YES I do theorize a lot...I am an Engineer.

Secondly, I agree with them being ranked highly (NOT 5th...top 15 maybe)...

Now, though you are a big supporter of the US,  you have resorted to the same tactics as the ones who just hate the US regardless of how far they have progressed....but again ur entitled to your opinion..

When last I checked, West Point was comfortably beyond Community College status.

I misunderstood you, and you, me.

Big Up!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 01:13:14 PM by Green Beret »

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 16, 2006, 01:47:30 PM »
This discussion is a waste... it ain't natter if they bump dey gum the situation is that we in de world cup and they not!!!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 16, 2006, 05:06:12 PM »
american mentality is usa is #1, us is de godfather of de world.right now they on de brink of gettin knocked out de world baseball championship.they tryin hard to reach de semis.but after the mlb is done white sox is world champions.worldchampions my ass.de typical american has never stepped foot out of their state or rather country.come june they will be tought a valuable lesson in being humble.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #321 on: March 16, 2006, 06:40:45 PM »
Who cares about that ranking? USA is ranked 5th and Trinidad and Tobago is ranked 49th. Yet, USA beat us by a 1-0...2-1 margin. Wow, says a lot of the rankings  ::)

Then look at teams like Italy, Nigeria and Turkey who are ranked lower than the US and I think would beat Trinbago more convincingly. (not taking anything away from Trinidad and Tobago national team but just being realistic).

Only if USA get out of their group in the World Cup then i would start giving them A LOT MORE respect (now mind you, i do respect them as of now). But at least it would show that what they did last 4 years in the World Cup was not no luck.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 16, 2006, 06:59:48 PM »
The rankings aint perfect, there will never be a perfect ranking, cause when you meet on the field of play is a totally different thing.
Until every single team in the world play each other, tere will not be a good ranking. Even then, there will be excuses, like the US went on a temporary dream run, or the other top teams had injured players, etc etc.
Right now, the FIFA rankings is the best there is, and I for one, although not believing it 100%, accept it as a general guide of teams.
For the most part it is.
USA at number 5, i dont think is too right.
We at number 49 or 50, whatever, is just about ok in my opinion, although I personally believe we could be about 42 or somewhere around there.
About the US ever becoming number one and all the haters who laughing bout that...well...I dunno nah, I will not be too surprised if they do.
If they put their minds to it, of course they can become number 1.
They have the best athletes in the world.
They have the most money to afford the best coaches and training facilities and preparation.
They ave the best sports science technology.
WHat prevents them from becoming number 1?
Is it because they seemingly dont have a football tradition and culture like many other countries, Trinidad included?
Or is it because we see football as one of the last few things that the rest of the world can compete with them in...? And we dont want to lose that....

Trus me, if quarter of all them flikkin elite athletes in the US choose football/soccer in high school over american football, its all over for the rest of the world....

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 16, 2006, 07:04:05 PM »
dat pik rell sad dred      d man pull off some relll bess saves in dat game  even doe he made a few errors   i had relly feel it fuh him after dat game

and dat pik jus summed up everything bout dat game

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 16, 2006, 07:58:48 PM »
remind me what tht pic is about !!!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 16, 2006, 08:45:42 PM »
remind me what tht pic is about !!!
After the USA game, we were down to 10 men in the first half yet we still held the game to a respectable 0:1 loss. Jack saved like a real boss.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 17, 2006, 02:45:27 PM »
1. Brazilië
2. Tsjechië
3. Nederland
4. Argentinië
5. Verenigde Staten
6. Spanje
7. Mexico
8. Frankrijk
9. Engeland
10. Portugal
11. Turkije
12. Italië
12. Nigeria
14. Denemarken
15. Kameroen

how great!
i think the americans are a bit dissapointed that they are just on the 5th place.with their top players like.................?

:rotfl: ;D :rotfl: Biggest? Sorry, incorrect. Best? Sorry, Maybe in your opinion. Richest? incorrect again. If you said best/fastest growing economy i would agree. I mean i would expect this coming from a new comer. Welcome son.  :beermug:

Kingman

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 17, 2006, 02:47:25 PM »
and Kingman, meh pardner Kelvin Jack was ah real boss 'keeper oui

Of course he is!! Who said he wasn't?  :beermug:

Kingman

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 17, 2006, 04:41:24 PM »
1. Brazilië
2. Tsjechië
3. Nederland
4. Argentinië
5. Verenigde Staten
6. Spanje
7. Mexico
8. Frankrijk
9. Engeland
10. Portugal
11. Turkije
12. Italië
12. Nigeria
14. Denemarken
15. Kameroen

how great!

:rotfl: ;D :rotfl: Biggest? Sorry, incorrect. Best? Sorry, Maybe in your opinion. Richest? incorrect again. If you said best/fastest growing economy i would agree. I mean i would expect this coming from a new comer. Welcome son.  :beermug:

Kingman

Kingman

Ah tink de man was jokin. A bit of sarcasm

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 17, 2006, 04:53:19 PM »
1. Brazilië
2. Tsjechië
3. Nederland
4. Argentinië
5. Verenigde Staten
6. Spanje
7. Mexico
8. Frankrijk
9. Engeland
10. Portugal
11. Turkije
12. Italië
12. Nigeria
14. Denemarken
15. Kameroen

how great!

Kingman

Kingman

Ah tink de man was jokin. A bit of sarcasm

Exactly.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

1]; } ?>