March 28, 2024, 11:32:59 AM

Poll

Should teams ranking go up only if they beat a team higher in ranking?

Yes
7 (41.2%)
No
10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: FIFA Ranking Thread.  (Read 295319 times)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Re: U.S. is No. 7 in FIFA rankings
« Reply #180 on: January 18, 2006, 04:19:38 PM »
Question: What is the last 10year record between MEX and the US ???

If MEX ranks 7th now, and so does the US, .........from the record..MEX doesnt deserve to be there either !!!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 18, 2006, 04:28:49 PM »
Without a doubt Mexico and US Rakced up a lot of playing time last year, with an impressive win ratio, I don't doubt the ranking, but US is going to have a hard time in their group

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 18, 2006, 09:20:22 PM »
doh worry after the wc us go drop out the top 15.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 18, 2006, 09:26:54 PM »
I dont like the US either, for obvious reasons but I must admit after reaching the 1/4 finals last WC with a very good 1st half against Germany, they have racked up a lot of wins since then. their rankins may be justified, based on FIFA's methodology.

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 19, 2006, 08:48:30 AM »
If you watched the ManU vs. Burton game you would have seen 18 year old Rossi whose mother is American and father is Italian.  If he gets a call up to the US team, the ranking  will be very justified - for that matter they might make it to the semifinals.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 19, 2006, 09:09:06 AM »
U.S. is No. 7 in FIFA rankings
Associated Press
Posted: 1 hour ago     

ZURICH, Switzerland (AP) - The U.S. national soccer team advanced one place to No. 7 Wednesday in FIFA's rankings for January.

FIFA WORLD RANKING
Top 20 January 2006 

Rank  Country  Points  +/- 
1  Brazil  839  -1 
2  Czech Rep.  796  - 
3  Netherlands  790  -1 
4  Argentina  772  - 
5  France  768  - 
5  Spain  768  - 
7  Mexico  767  -1 
7  USA  767  -
9  England  757  - 
10  Portugal  753  -1 
11  Turkey  748  - 
12  Italy  741  - 
13  Denmark  733  - 
14  Sweden  731  -1 
15  Japan  714  -1 
16  Greece  708  - 
17  Germany  707  -1 
18  Uruguay  705  -1 
19  Iran  703  - 
20  Croatia  701  - 

Ranking criteria 

Support your favorite team with official World Cup gear from the Fox Soccer Shop! 

Brazil maintained the top spot it has held since July 2002, a month after it won its record fifth World Cup. The next three teams also were unchanged - Czech Republic, Netherlands and Argentina. France shared fifth with Spain.

Mexico, which was tied for fifth last month, dropped into a tie for seventh with the U.S. England remained ninth, ahead of Portugal.

The next 10 places were almost the same: Turkey was No. 11, followed by Italy, Denmark, Sweden, Japan, Greece, Germany, Uruguay, Iran and Croatia. Only Germany changed places, dropping to 17th from a tie for 16th.

Among teams in the top 20, only Turkey, Denmark, European champion Greece and Uruguay failed to qualify for the 32-nation World Cup, which begins in June 9 in Germany.

(Trinidad still at 50)

FIFA ranking eat cock ..FIFA ranking is for wishers!!!!!!  But memba wey war sey..U.S.A shocking de whole flicking world!!!!!!!! dem beating from a flicking side !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trinidad..U.S.A mexico..Costa Rica I backing to de fullest..!!!!!!!!!!!
Warmonga..
(Moderators keep mi post dem becya nuff man go tun Waggonist when U.S.A Start beat teams innah de wrl cup like fuss time..memba warmonga sey so!!!!!!!!!!)

Black Lives Matter..

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 19, 2006, 01:24:28 PM »
USA ranked above teams like England,  Italy and Germany....yuh hadda be joking
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 19, 2006, 01:30:54 PM »
Keep allyuh bias in check..the US is a decent team who by the way we haven't beaten in a long time.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 19, 2006, 01:32:11 PM »
Keep allyuh bias in check..the US is a decent team who by the way we haven't beaten in a long time.

bias my foot. name one star on that shyt team. allyuh never beat nobody with that shyt squad to be ranked 7
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline USgalWARRIORbf

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 19, 2006, 02:33:39 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

cant wait until the world cup.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #190 on: January 19, 2006, 02:37:16 PM »

i admit they are a decent team, and as such they should be ranked accordingly,7 is too high for a decent team.  This WC will tell alot.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 19, 2006, 08:16:02 PM »
After the draw...I was watching Fox and Eric and Baboa....saying that they are one of the favorites to win the world cup....FAVORITES!!!!!!!  Better teams than them aren't even saying that crud....As long as they stay arugant they'll always be a propaganda team.  Able to do alot with their money but not enough for the Cup.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 19, 2006, 10:07:38 PM »
Americans does take rankings and stats too serious. That is why they never play the tournaments they get invited too. How come they didn't beat Scotland last year? I think hands down that Trinidad could beat USA. I would never say that bout most European teams. I just waiting to see them get a good washing this WC.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 19, 2006, 11:25:31 PM »
why dread i dont know why??????

they dont deserve 7th

bless

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 20, 2006, 07:40:55 AM »
Americans does take rankings and stats too serious. That is why they never play the tournaments they get invited too. How come they didn't beat Scotland last year? I think hands down that Trinidad could beat USA. I would never say that bout most European teams. I just waiting to see them get a good washing this WC.
Didnt we collect 5 from scotland..yet still we talking bout we go beat England..and one a dem saying bout how cum U.S.A rank higher than England..and we aint beat U.S.A in donkey years!!!!!!!!!! Did yu see de U.S.A Scotland game?? Trus mi Dem thief a 3rd string U.S.A team.. USA beating from a side cum this wrl cup Trus mi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Green Beret

• Jr. Warrior
  • Army Of One
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 20, 2006, 04:06:48 PM »
What is it going to take for de US to prove they deserve a top 10 ranking? Beat Brazil? Done. Give a good WC performance? Done. Win de WC? Well that is not so easy to do... but we working on it.  ;)
Find Out If You Have What It Takes To Earn The Green Beret.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #196 on: January 20, 2006, 04:15:35 PM »
beat brazil in ur dreams my friend, u must b hallucinating on dat us propaganda shit dey feeding u, u prob couldnt even tell me where brazil is

What is it going to take for de US to prove they deserve a top 10 ranking? Beat Brazil? Done. Give a good WC performance? Done. Win de WC? Well that is not so easy to do... but we working on it. ;)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 20, 2006, 07:57:59 PM »
beat brazil in ur dreams my friend, u must b hallucinating on dat us propaganda shit dey feeding u, u prob couldnt even tell me where brazil is

USA beat Brazil 1-0 in a Gold Cup semifinal in 1998. Brazil had Romario and Taffarel in the side along with a few other big names. I watch the game...Brazil dominated, but Keller denied Romario at least 3 point blank saves and Preki won it with a deadly dribble and left foot curler in the 'V'. TriniInfinite...you real salting yourself. You on the flicking internet, you could check things in a quick second before talking so much rubbish......

Who in their right minds even cares about FIFA rankings? They have little meaning and are a gimmick/reward for teams, especially small ones who inexplicably gain 'pride' from the stupid rankings, to play as much international football as possible. More football = Higher rankings = More $ for FIFA. The US is where it is because it has a very active program and has enjoyed decent regional and international success. Good for them. But arguing whether they deserve to be there or not gives the rankings credibility....and we all know that is rubbish....

Offline dotless007

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 21, 2006, 10:43:00 AM »
dat is shit no way could usa be 7th

Offline Green Beret

• Jr. Warrior
  • Army Of One
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2006, 10:59:57 AM »

What is it going to take for de US to prove they deserve a top 10 ranking? Beat Brazil? Done. Give a good WC performance? Done. Win de WC? Well that is not so easy to do... but we working on it. ;)

TrinInfinite, go back and read Filho's post. You just showed how ignorant you are. And to think I am the one (American) who knows nothing about soccer. You must have been asleep since 98... but I'm dreaming? I guess you'll tell me I'm dreaming when I tell you we've also beaten Germany.

Anyway, for the record, I hope T&T does well in Germany and Big Up Concacaf. So as we continue to spank that ass (T&T) is more respect we'll get for it.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2006, 11:05:32 AM »

bias my foot. name one star on that shyt team. allyuh never beat nobody with that shyt squad to be ranked 7
Allyuh? I is ah born and bred trini padnah...I jes keepin it real....the same criteria that is used to rank us is also used to rank the USA...the USA performs credibly in international competitions....I for one would always say TnT has better individual players but as a team the USA is better.........You don't need to have stars on your team to be a good team....look at Real Madrid all dem stars and they aren't the best team in the world.......don't let your dislike for the country cloud your opinion

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 21, 2006, 11:35:12 AM »

Allyuh? I is ah born and bred trini padnah...I jes keepin it real....the same criteria that is used to rank us is also used to rank the USA...the USA performs credibly in international competitions....I for one would always say TnT has better individual players but as a team the USA is better.........You don't need to have stars on your team to be a good team....look at Real Madrid all dem stars and they aren't the best team in the world.......don't let your dislike for the country cloud your opinion
MEP though worry wid dem fellas..dem fools a cum to this board and write wey dem wish..dem doh deal wid reality..we aint beat U.S.A in about a century and dem bawling bout U.S.A is a shitty team.. USA beating everyboy  from a side listne to what am seying people..!!!!!!!!!  ..and check mi to all who dislike de  country get tuh bumboclaut out.. USA beating from a side cum this wrl cup!!!!!!!!!!!

warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 21, 2006, 02:35:43 PM »

eh moe mep wuhever yuh name is, usa HAVE NO RIGHT TO B IN DE TOP 20.FURTHER MORE TOP 10.ANYWAY ALL WILL BE CLARIFIED BY THIS COMIN SUMMER.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 21, 2006, 04:31:00 PM »
What do you mean they don't have a right? Like I said FIFA is using the same standard to measure all the teams....by the way the program Lincoln Phillips is implementing is the same one the US has had in place for the last 15 years. They're a good team with a good coach....don't underestimate Bruce Arena. Some of you'll just not honest enough to admit that the US is good.

Offline dotless007

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 21, 2006, 05:01:42 PM »

TrinInfinite, go back and read Filho's post. You just showed how ignorant you are. And to think I am the one (American) who knows nothing about soccer. You must have been asleep since 98... but I'm dreaming? I guess you'll tell me I'm dreaming when I tell you we've also beaten Germany.

Anyway, for the record, I hope T&T does well in Germany and Big Up Concacaf. So as we continue to spank that ass (T&T) is more respect we'll get for it.

eh green beret haul yuh yankee ass. usa is shit and dont deserve to be 7th

Offline Green Beret

• Jr. Warrior
  • Army Of One
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 21, 2006, 06:17:58 PM »

And you, DOTISH, as you Trinis say, "haul yuh stinkin pokey-hole." You could call us a shit side all you want, but Trini Hasn't beaten us in recent history. In fact, when was the last time? Probably not since we spanked that ass in 89 and went to Italy in YOUR place. Remember that????

But again, I reiterate that I hope you guys do good so that we could get some decent competition within CONCACAF, besides Mex and CR.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 21, 2006, 06:42:09 PM »

And you, DOTISH, as you Trinis say, "haul yuh stinkin pokey-hole." You could call us a shit side all you want, but Trini Hasn't beaten us in recent history. In fact, when was the last time? Probably not since we spanked that ass in 89 and went to Italy in YOUR place. Remember that????

But again, I reiterate that I hope you guys do good so that we could get some decent competition within CONCACAF, besides Mex and CR.

Excuse me, can you stop saying "Spank that ass," because you're sounding like a macomere man. Since you're so hip on the Trini lingo you should know what that means.

P.S. It's F-O-O-T-B-A-L-L not Soccer.  ::)
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 21, 2006, 06:47:09 PM »
Real ignorance goin on here. How de ass we could call the US a shit side and big up mexico all the damn time? US giving them good licks regular since the US beat mexico in the world cup. It have no damn reason mexico could be in the top 10 and not the US. allyuh only talking who is the star and who is the star when we ent realize they still beating good sides and only losing slimly to big sides. As for we beating the US, i want it to happen bad and it could. But we ent beat them years now..last time was in a fete match to commemorate 1989. When we start beating them then we could talk. For now fellas, talk allyuh crap...the US is still a big side in world football right now and yeah they have a damn hard group in germany but no doubt they is a big side. and by big side i mean they could run with the traditional big boys--and in the case of mexico cut dey arse

Offline Green Beret

• Jr. Warrior
  • Army Of One
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 21, 2006, 06:57:15 PM »

Excuse me, can you stop saying "Spank that ass," because you're sounding like a macomere man. Since you're so hip on the Trini lingo you should know what that means.

P.S. It's F-O-O-T-B-A-L-L not Soccer.  ::)

Sorry to offend you SMALLY.

And yeah, I know wha dat mean. Learn to spell it right nah?

And since you don't have anything factual or of substance to dispute my team's status, you come at me with some weak rhetorical crap about "football not soccer"? Very weak. Very weak. You know, some years ago, the English Premier league used to be televised as, "Star Soccer"? So there you go. In this country, it is convenient to say SOCCER so as not to confuse with the other game. Seen?

But I sure yuh done know dat. 

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 21, 2006, 07:00:23 PM »
Real ignorance goin on here. How de ass we could call the US a shit side and big up mexico all the damn time? US giving them good licks regular since the US beat mexico in the world cup. It have no damn reason mexico could be in the top 10 and not the US. allyuh only talking who is the star and who is the star when we ent realize they still beating good sides and only losing slimly to big sides. As for we beating the US, i want it to happen bad and it could. But we ent beat them years now..last time was in a fete match to commemorate 1989. When we start beating them then we could talk. For now fellas, talk allyuh crap...the US is still a big side in world football right now and yeah they have a damn hard group in germany but no doubt they is a big side. and by big side i mean they could run with the traditional big boys--and in the case of mexico cut dey arse

I may not be a Football pundit like other people on here but I don't think the U.S. has beaten Mexico THAT many times. Also, I really have to disagree with you when you say that they could "run with the traditional big boys." The U.S.'s long-term international record, emphasis on the long-term aspect, is by no means on par with the traditional power-houses of football.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

1]; } ?>