April 25, 2024, 06:12:00 PM

Poll

Should teams ranking go up only if they beat a team higher in ranking?

Yes
7 (41.2%)
No
10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: FIFA Ranking Thread.  (Read 298157 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA Ranking Thread.
« Reply #1590 on: December 04, 2015, 01:16:14 AM »
Both our Men's and Women's teams are in the Top 50; Our Men are at 49 and our Women are at 48.
Not bad!

I think both out Men's and Women's teams are capable of moving up into the Top 30 in 2016 with the right preparation and matches!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: December 04, 2015, 02:00:17 AM »
don't get carried away now..

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: December 04, 2015, 12:02:29 PM »

Not getting carried away! But to reach the moon you need to aim for the stars!! :thumbsup:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: December 05, 2015, 07:42:54 AM »
My concern is,if the country is experiencing a recession,how will that affect the funding of all the teams that have tournaments in the near future
One shout out to the private sector,please step through the door and be recognized me

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: December 05, 2015, 01:44:40 PM »
T&T has jumped FIVE places to 49th in the latest FIFA rankings, the Soca Warriors are the highest ranked Caribbean team. The Warriors are also 4th in CONCACAF behind leaders Mexico, the United States and Costa Rica respectively.

https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/photos/a.10150137684225610.332278.377693645609/10153725795790610/?type=3&theater

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: December 05, 2015, 03:40:38 PM »

Not getting carried away! But to reach the moon you need to aim for the stars!! :thumbsup:
and miss all the nice mangoes, gauva and breadfruit in the trees, aim a little lower and for stuff more beneficial..like a decent and consistent development program   lol

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: April 07, 2016, 07:54:08 AM »
Here are the Top 10 in CONCACAF in the April 2016 FIFA Rankings:

16. Mexico (up 6)
25. Costa Rica (up 8.)
29. USA (up 1)
52. Panama (up 3)
53. Trinidad and Tobago (down 4)
54. Jamaica (down 2)
71. Haiti (down 7)
85. Antigua and Barbuda (up 5)
86. Honduras (up 3)
89. Guatemala (up 6)

« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 08:05:14 AM by Sando prince »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: April 07, 2016, 09:37:14 AM »
That Haiti loss caused our decline, just to get things back in order and build on the wins from the last 2 games.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: April 07, 2016, 11:05:16 AM »
The Haiti loss had nothing to do with it.

Relative movement in the previous month. We beat St. Vincent so that was not many points. Whereas teams who moved past us played higher ranked teams and gained more points.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: April 07, 2016, 11:31:23 AM »
How so, wasn't it an official FIFA competitive game? I thought those games carry more weight.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: April 07, 2016, 11:46:03 AM »
How so, wasn't it an official FIFA competitive game? I thought those games carry more weight.

You don't lose points for losing number 1.
Number 2 those points were already factored in previously.

Number 3. Relative strength of opponents. The teams around us gained more points by beating stronger opponents. Full stop.

Number 4. Results fall off after 4 years. So results from March 2012 falling off may have affected our ranking. But I don't recall us being active in that month.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: April 07, 2016, 11:55:14 AM »
That Haiti loss caused our decline, just to get things back in order and build on the wins from the last 2 games.

If that were the case, shouldn't Haiti be up in the rankings, rather than down 7?

Here are the Top 10 in CONCACAF in the April 2016 FIFA Rankings:

16. Mexico (up 6)
25. Costa Rica (up 8.)
29. USA (up 1)
52. Panama (up 3)
53. Trinidad and Tobago (down 4)
54. Jamaica (down 2)
71. Haiti (down 7)
85. Antigua and Barbuda (up 5)
86. Honduras (up 3)
89. Guatemala (up 6)

Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: April 07, 2016, 12:56:16 PM »

You don't lose points for losing number 1.
Number 2 those points were already factored in previously.

Number 3. Relative strength of opponents. The teams around us gained more points by beating stronger opponents. Full stop.

Number 4. Results fall off after 4 years. So results from March 2012 falling off may have affected our ranking. But I don't recall us being active in that month.
Got you. I figured you dropped points for losing.
http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/procedure/men.html

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: April 07, 2016, 01:26:19 PM »

Ah know American football fans don't like seeing CR ahead of them but CR had a good month. They deserve to be #25 at the moment

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: April 12, 2016, 07:14:42 AM »
Would be interesting to see what picture (vis-a-vis correlative performance and success on the field) is presented were there to be a ranking of federations.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: June 03, 2016, 06:33:18 PM »

T&T has slipped to #64 in this month rankings. No surprise here.

Here are the Top 10 in CONCACAF in the June 2016 FIFA Rankings:

16. Mexico
23. Costa Rica (up 2)
31. USA (down 2)
46. Jamaica (up 9)
56. Panama (down 4)
64. Trinidad & Tobago (down 11)
74. Haiti (down 3)
86. Honduras

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: June 04, 2016, 12:37:16 AM »
With the understanding that we need to be ranked 50 or higher to get quality friendlies, was it prudent long term to take these 3 friendlies with these players when you consider how FIFA rankings are calculated. This tour maybe financially beneficial in the short term but have consequences in the near future unless we beat or tie USA and Guatemala in September

http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/procedure/men.html

FIFA Men's Ranking Procedure

The basic logic of these calculations is simple: any team that does well in world football wins points which enable it to climb the world ranking.

A team’s total number of points over a four-year period is determined by adding:

The average number of points gained from matches during the past 12 months; and
The average number of points gained from matches older than 12 months (depreciates yearly).

Calculation of points for a single match

The number of points that can be won in a match depends on the following factors:

Was the match won or drawn? (M)
How important was the match (ranging from a friendly match to a FIFA World Cup™ match)? (I)How strong was the opposing team in terms of ranking position and the confederation to which they belong? (T and C)

These factors are brought together in the following formula to ascertain the total number of points (P):

P = M x I x T x C

The following criteria apply to the calculation of points:

M: Points for match result

Teams gain 3 points for a victory, 1 point for a draw and 0 points for a defeat. In a penalty shoot-out, the winning team gains 2 points and the losing team gains 1 point.

I: Importance of match

Friendly match (including small competitions): I = 1.0

FIFA World Cup™ qualifier or confederation-level qualifier: I = 2.5

Confederation-level final competition or FIFA Confederations Cup: I = 3.0

FIFA World Cup™ final competition: I = 4.0

T: Strength of opposing team

The strength of the opponents is based on the formula: 200 – the ranking position of the opponents. As an exception to this formula, the team at the top of the ranking is always assigned the value 200 and the teams ranked 150th and below are assigned a minimum value of 50. The ranking position is taken from the opponents’ ranking in the most recently published FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking.

C: Strength of confederation

When calculating matches between teams from different confederations, the mean value of the confederations to which the two competing teams belong is used. The strength of a confederation is calculated on the basis of the number of victories by that confederation at the last three FIFA World Cup™ competitions (see following page). Their values are as follows:

CONMEBOL 1.00
UEFA 0.99
AFC/CAF/OFC/CONCACAF 0.85

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: July 15, 2016, 11:20:34 AM »

Here are the Top 10 in CONCACAF in the June 2016 FIFA Rankings

14. Mexico (up 2)
25. USA (up 6)
27. Costa Rica (down 4)
51. Panama (up 5)
55. Jamaica (down 9)
58. Trinidad & Tobago (up 6)
80. St Kitts and Nevis (up 12)
82. Honduras (up 4)

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: July 15, 2016, 04:02:04 PM »
Good news but not the 50 or better that we need. Good results against Guatemala and USA and we will reach 50 or better

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: August 13, 2016, 09:46:42 AM »
Here are the Top 10 in CONCACAF in the August 2016 FIFA Rankings.

14. Mexico
21. Costa Rica (up 6)
26. USA (down 1)
68. Trinidad & Tobago (down 10)
69. Panama (down 18)
71. Jamaica (down 16)
81. St Kitts and Nevis (down 1)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: September 17, 2016, 12:27:42 PM »

Here are the Top 10 in CONCACAF in the September 2016 FIFA Rankings.

15. Mexico (down 1)
18. Costa Rica (up 3)
22. USA (up 4)
62. Panama (up 7)
69. Trinidad & Tobago (down 1)
77. St Kitts & Nevis (up 4)
79. Guatemala (up 3)
80. Jamaica (down 9)
82. Honduras (up 2)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: December 13, 2016, 01:16:57 PM »

I aint putting up this month list just know T&T continue to regress down the table

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: December 13, 2016, 01:20:16 PM »
fifa rankings overrated!

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: December 13, 2016, 08:50:29 PM »
well we are adjusting our rankings to suit the new coach right now we are ranked too high for him..so only when we drop another 30 points would he then be able to work.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca Warriors 4th in end-of-year FIFA CONCACAF rankings
« Reply #1614 on: December 24, 2016, 09:18:49 PM »
Soca Warriors 4th in end-of-year FIFA CONCACAF rankings
T&T Guardian

The Haitians led the way among the region’s nations in the final FIFA World Rankings for the year, holding their position at the summit they obtained two months ago, following a successful spell in the qualification for next year’s CONCACAF Gold Cup.

They finished ahead of Curaçao that created waves in the sport this year with their meteoric rise. The tiny Dutch nation secured several positive results in the Gold Cup qualifiers to rise an extraordinary 76 places in the World rankings, making the top 10 in the Movers-of-the-Year list.

With very few matches since the release of the last rankings, there have been few significant changes with no movement inside the top five which is completed by the traditional powers of Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago, along with St. Kitts & Nevis.

There has been a shake up in the rest of the top-10 however, with Cuba plunging 26 places in the World rankings, the worst of any nation, putting them out of the CFU top bracket and into 11th place.

Antigua & Barbuda, although tumbling 11 places, the second worst behind the Cubans; along with the Dominican Republic, Guyana and Puerto Rico maintain their place in the CFU top-10, but Suriname has been the beneficiary rising to the 10th spot.

The Guyanese and 16th place St. Lucia were the best movers in the region over the last month, both advancing three places in the World rankings.

The next rankings will be published on January 12.

1. Haiti (73, down 4)
2. Curacao (75, unchanged)
3. Jamaica (77, down 1)
4. Trinidad & Tobago (78, unchanged)
5. St. Kitts & Nevis (80, unchanged)
6. Antigua & Barbuda (93, down 11)
7. Dominican Republic (128, down 2)
8. Guyana (132, up 3)
9. Puerto Rico (144, up 1)
10. Suriname (150, up 1)
11. Cuba (151, down 26)
12. Barbados (155, unchanged)
13. Grenada (158, down 1)
14. Aruba (160, down 1)
15. Dominica (174, down 1)
16. St. Lucia (177, up 3)
17. St. Vincent & the Grenadines (179, down 2)
18. Bermuda (187, unchanged)
19. United States Virgin Islands (195, unchanged)
20. Montserrat (199, unchanged)
21. Cayman Islands (200, unchanged)
22. Turks & Caicos Islands (201, unchanged)
23. British Virgin Islands (204, unchanged)
24. Anguilla (205, unchanged)
24. Bahamas (205, unchanged)
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1615 on: January 13, 2017, 05:12:34 AM »
T&T slide in FIFA rankings.
By Stephon Nicholas (Newsday).

Trinidad and Tobago’s football continues to slide with the latest FIFA football rankings showing the after effects of the short-lived but disastrous Tom Sainfiet reign.

T&T were the busiest team in the World during the last rankings period, playing four times, but three losses meant they dropped 30 points and dipped five places in the World rankings to 83rd.

Those defeats to Nicaragua and Suriname who are both ranked outside the top 100 as well as to Haiti heaped pressure on Saintfiet with the Belgian on Wednesday deciding to walk away from the job.

Haiti are top in the Caribbean (69th) while Suriname have jumped 22 spots to 128th after beating T&T 2-1. T&T are surprisingly below Faroe Islands (82nd) whose team consists of a number of semi-professional players.

Speaking to Newsday yesterday, Sports Minister and former national youth player Darryl Smith weighed in on the football drama taking place and also discussed this nation’s chances of resurrecting the 2018 World Cup campaign.

While staying clear of the administration aspect of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association’s (TTFA) business, he stated he would be pleased if the new coach is local.

“I will always always push for local. I think Trinidad and Tobago has the talent here. We are a very talented people and passionate.

Again, it’s not my call but I will always push for a local coach because I feel we have qualified people. They’re just as qualified (as foreigners) (but), may not be the best of experience, I don’t want to call any names but I will always be for going local,” he said.

On the calamitous situation of Saintfiet resigning one month after his appointment, Smith added: “I know football is going through it’s challenges now. I know TTFA is dealing with some challenges.

Whether the new coach was fired or resigned, I’m hearing two different stories but whichever one, we have to dust ourselves off and be optimistic and move forward and get ready for the Panama and Mexico (World Cup qualifying) games.

I’m hoping that Mr (David John) Williams the (TTFA) president and the team at TTFA are able to do that. They don’t have much time, they have to hire a new coach soon, I don’t know who they have in mind but whoever they do (appoint) I hope they are up for the job.”

Although acknowledging the slide in the rankings, Minister Smith says he is not too worried about the FIFA table but moreso the next two World Cup qualifiers in March. He noted that time is extremely limited for the next national coach and it will be a different challenge from when Dutchman Leo Beenhakker replaced Bertille St Clair and took T&T to the 2006 World Cup.

“Last time we went to Germany we were in the same position but we hired a coach and he had more time.

Beenhakker was at a level and quality as one of the best in the world. He had some world class players with experience in Shaka Hislop, Russell Latapy and Dwight (Yorke).

This team, I don’t know if we have anybody at that level of experience.

We have a lot of players playing in Europe and out of the Pro League in other leagues around the world but I mean Russell and Dwight and Shaka were world class players — Stern (John) was one of the highest scorers.

“I was very disappointed in the team (performance). We had been playing well prior to the losses...I think we have to work more on our fitness because once your fitness gone it’s your mental gone too. I’m still optimistic. In 2006 we are at the same point and did it. So I really wish them the best and hope Mr Williams and the team get the right man for this crucial time.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: April 06, 2017, 08:57:16 AM »
Latest FIFA Ranking (CONCACAF) TOP 10:

http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/men/concacaf.html

CONCACAF              WORLD

1. Mexico                (16th)
2. C. Rica                (20th)
3. USA                    (23rd)
4. Panama               (57th)
5. Haiti                   (65th)
6. Honduras             (68th)
7. Curacao               (70th)
8. Jamaica               (73rd)
9. Trinidad & Tobago  (76th)
10.Guatemala          (92nd)

« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 08:58:59 AM by Adam Lake »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: July 08, 2017, 09:26:59 PM »

Well no surprise T&T continue to slide in the rankings. Watch earlier posts and you will see how far we have fallen. Look where Haiti and Curacao reach!

Here are the Top 10 in CONCACAF in the  July 2017 FIFA Rankings.

16. Mexico
26. Costa Rica
36. USA
49. Haiti
52. Panama
68. Curacao
72. Honduras
76. Jamaica
78. Trinidad & Tobago
100. Canada

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1618 on: July 09, 2017, 03:05:39 PM »

Well no surprise T&T continue to slide in the rankings. Watch earlier posts and you will see how far we have fallen. Look where Haiti and Curacao reach!

Here are the Top 10 in CONCACAF in the  July 2017 FIFA Rankings.

16. Mexico
26. Costa Rica
36. USA
49. Haiti
52. Panama
68. Curacao
72. Honduras
76. Jamaica
78. Trinidad & Tobago
100. Canada

Congratulations are in order and a celebratory drink for the dictator ...

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: July 10, 2017, 05:53:07 AM »
Will slip further after the Gold Cup.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

1]; } ?>