April 18, 2024, 08:50:05 PM

Author Topic: Atempted Robbery Goes Deadly  (Read 7608 times)

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Atempted Robbery Goes Deadly
« on: March 02, 2007, 09:23:59 AM »
Businessman kills bandit during robbery

bandit lay dead on a Maraval street, his gun next to him following a robbery attempt at a mini-mart yesterday.

Moments before, the man had been holding the same gun to the head of the wife of the store's owner, Joe Matamoro.

Police said two bandits entered Joe's mini-mart at Perseverance Road, Maraval, around 1.15 p.m. yesterday. The store is in the midst of a quiet area, contrasted with million dollar homes, and some humble dwellings.

The bandits arrived in a blue car-its make unknown. They entered the store which had no customers at the time. They both drew their guns.

One bandit held a gun on Matamoro's wife, while his accomplice pointed his gun at Matamoro and ordered him to the back of the mini-mart.

Police said as Matamoro was being herded towards the rear of the store, he seized the opportunity and drew his licensed firearm which he kept in his waist.

Taken by surprise, the bandit panicked, turned and made a dash for the door, leaving behind his partner. He is then said to have escaped in the car.

A senior police officer at the scene said Matamoro approached the bandit holding his wife. His gun was still drawn and he ordered the man to drop his gun.

The man reportedly then moved the gun away from Matamoro wife's head, turned it on Matamoro and shouted "What wrong with you? You f-- joking?"

Police said Matamoro then fired three times at the man, hitting him in the chest.

He too ran out of the building but his escape was short. He collapsed in the middle of Perseverance Road and died, hardly bleeding from his wounds.

Residents said they had never seen the dead bandit before. They had little sympathy for him. One said it was speedy justice.
On the dead man's body police found his mobile phone with recently dialed numbers believed to be his accomplice's. Police said their first course of business was to identify the man and catch his partner.

Corporal Rivas of the Maraval Police is leading the investigation

trinidad like a real wile wile west man have to have the piece in dey waist now
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 09:26:18 AM by THE Polished Hoe »
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bad man doh talk!! take dat!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 11:40:15 AM »
watch how said dead bandit mudder going to gallery and carry on bout how he was a good boy and how de man didn't have to kill him like a dog.

one less bandit on the street. ah hope dey find his partner soon.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 11:42:38 AM »
Now i personally know the store owner...his shop is a real nice liming spot on an evening..so i kinda glad he keeping it safe.
This is not the first time Joe has defended his store by drawing he gun...did it a while back....hope they catch de nex tief too
Back in Trini...

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 12:18:52 PM »
I must say he is ah brave man..lucky de bandit did not pull the trigger on his wife..ah guess all's well that ends well...now to catch de other bandit!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline d1onlysexysugar

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Atempted Robbery Goes Deadly
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 03:08:20 PM »
heard bout d youth in Maraval dat got gunned down yesturday before he had ah chance 2 rub d store ??? dat is so hard 2 believe ... since ah know him personally .... he leave he twins behind  :'(
R.I.P.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news9.html

BY CAMILLE CLARKE

A MAN who attempted to rob a Maraval grocery in the upscale community of Haleland Park, yesterday, was shot dead by the owner.

After being robbed on five previous occasions, Joe Matamoro, owner of Joe’s Mini-Mart on Perseverance Road, shot and killed the unidentified man who attempted to rob his shop.

Another suspect is still at large.

Police reported that around 1 pm, Matamoro’s wife Eveling was at the cash register when two armed men entered his shop.

One of them pointed a gun at Eveling and told Matamoro to go around the back. Matamoro turned around the corner and managed to pull out his licensed revolver.

The would-be thief then said: “Don’t skylark!” and pointed the gun at Matamoro, who fired at the thieves several times.

One of them ran and jumped into a car that was parked by the sidewalk.

The other robber ran about 100 feet then dropped dead in the middle of the street.

He was shot three times in the chest, investigators said.

Crime scene personnel and Western Division police cordoned off the area.

Special Anti-Crime Unit officers fingerprinted the body and dusted the crime scene.

Up to late yesterday evening, the dead man, who is of African descent, had not been identified by the police.

When Guardian reporters visited the scene, the body was still on the ground with his revolver nearby.

The body was viewed by the District Medical Officer and ordered removed to the Forensic Science Centre for identification and an autopsy.

In an interview, a Canadian visitor who declined to give her name, said she was shocked over the situation.

It was scary! I was about to go to the same shop when I heard people running on the street and I saw the police.”

She said crime in Trinidad was terrible.

Maraval and Western Division Police are continuing inquiries.

©2005-2006 Trinidad Publishing Company Limited

ADM

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: Atempted Robbery Goes Deadly
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 03:16:56 PM »
heard bout d youth in Maraval dat got gunned down yesturday before he had ah chance 2 rub d store ??? dat is so hard 2 believe ... since ah know him personally .... he leave he twins behind  :'(
R.I.P.

sorry, buh he left his twins behind long before he get shot...live by the sword... >:(

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 04:12:55 PM »
Retaliation is my fear for the store owner now. More now than ever he has to be vigilant.
ONE LESS SCUM TO DEAL WITH THOUGH
PEOPLE  VS  BANDIT
    1                0

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 05:10:50 PM »
I must say he is ah brave man..lucky de bandit did not pull the trigger on his wife..ah guess all's well that ends well...now to catch de other bandit!

Big Up!
Ein't luck the man knew what he was doing man

The man reportedly then moved the gun away from Matamoro wife's head, turned it on Matamoro and shouted "What wrong with you? You f-- joking?"

Police said Matamoro then fired three times at the man, hitting him in the chest.

He saw an opening ,a miscalulation and took advantage ,the bandit  did not tink he would shoot lol ,or be shot ! Criminals are aggrogant , who never tink they would be the one to die lol .

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 06:22:46 PM »
Big up Joe  :beermug:

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 06:53:58 PM »
I wish I could fee sorry for him, but I can't.  He chose his fate.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 06:55:51 PM »
d1onlysexysugar, I can see yuh upset but I honestly believe this board is not the place for you to express that.

If I were in your position I would delete this thread, as I doubt reading the type of responses you are likely to get is going to make you feel any better.

Big up Joe  :beermug:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 07:02:12 PM by Ryan »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 07:44:41 PM »
ryans right.
i cannot sympatize wiht you. honestly if dais the life he chose his kids better off with out him in  thier life.
talk done.

Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 07:59:05 PM »
recently here there was a case where a man got shot by Police. Well the man's family said that the police over re-acted as he was CHANGING his ways and was a GOOD man.
read the story and come to your own conclusion

here is a short quote from the story

"Victoria police shot and killed John Seguin, 37, after a short high-speed chase through a residential neighbourhood on Saturday. Three officers opened fire after they say Seguin tried to run them over with a stolen SUV while they were standing near a roadblock at Hillside Avenue and Blackwood Street."
what this quote fails to show is that he turned his car around and was coming back towards the police for a second go at it all.

My point is that he made a descision and his family has to accept the outcome now
it is VERY sad that a fellow human has to die but he choose this outcome.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 08:11:21 PM »
d1onlysexysugar yeah daiz like today ah watching ah show ,and Wile E Cayote try to kill the Road Runner
with like 5 boxes off TnT ,but it didn't go off and he end up dying instead .KABOOMMMMMMM ah feel sorry for him ar little .

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 08:23:36 PM »
d1onlysexysugar yeah daiz like today ah watching ah show ,and Wile E Cayote try to kill the Road Runner
with like 5 boxes off TnT ,but it didn't go off and he end up dying instead .KABOOMMMMMMM ah feel sorry for him ar little .
:rotfl: :rotfl:
yeah I can see the parallel here
 :rotfl: :rotfl:
Compre, you are the best

allya I sorry eh
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 08:26:17 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2007, 08:34:47 PM »
haha Wc yah see that one too eh haha ,yeah so  we understand ent .

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2007, 09:13:39 PM »
haha Wc yah see that one too eh haha ,yeah so  we understand ent .
dat dollar kinda am big boy..lol

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2007, 10:55:12 PM »
dats why yuh have tuh luv we as ah people and this board for pure kicks....somebody expressing dey sorrow for somebody dey know...and 1 man sneak een Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner....den nex ting is bout de blue note yes!  ;D...but in seriousness it real difficult tuh feel sorry for the youte....live by the gun die by it. :(
and now the pallarman and he wife have tuh watch deyself in case of retaliation.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 10:56:50 PM by Ent! »

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2007, 06:22:41 AM »
dats why yuh have tuh luv we as ah people and this board for pure kicks....somebody expressing dey sorrow for somebody dey know...and 1 man sneak een Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner....den nex ting is bout de blue note yes!  ;D...but in seriousness it real difficult tuh feel sorry for the youte....live by the gun die by it. :(
and now the pallarman and he wife have tuh watch deyself in case of retaliation.

Imagine dat eh?  So true.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2007, 09:15:59 AM »
one less pucking pest!!!!!!!!!!!!!
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2007, 01:41:44 PM »
Perhaps others might think twice before trying to rob ah parlourman.
 Make no mistake this youth would have killed those people, so parlourman did what he had to do given the situation. SAD though.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2007, 01:47:25 PM »
I think d fella made a mistake tellin d parlourman, "Don't skylark"

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2007, 02:03:05 PM »
This is an unfortunate situation. It's sad when these things become so common place in our beloved country. When I lived in trini I never knew about this kind of behavior and i ain't that old. It really saddens me that this is what we've come to.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline d1onlysexysugar

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2007, 06:47:42 AM »
ah c alyuh change meh thread buh ah ent mind  :-*

ah ent sorry 4 d dead ... like u said "live by d sword, died by d sword!" is d twins ah studin ...
my elder bro n sis dad murdered  mistaken identity ... when they were both under 2 yrs. :'(

funeral was yesterday .. is ah long time ah ent gone ah tearless funeral ...
ADM

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2007, 07:02:21 AM »

Sorry d1onlysexysugar but ah have tuh ask Compre this question ?
Yuh sure Wile E Coyote ded ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2007, 02:35:45 PM »
yeh! I'm not really condoning this type of criminal behavior, but it seem to me that there are some people on this board who are overly glad the kid met his demise. do i need to remind you that while petty crime is on the up surge the same could be said for big crimes as well. and it seems to me no one is paying it that much attention instead all eyes are focused on these nickle and dimmers. is it because we were trained that way, to ignore big bobol while petty criminals are paraded as the ultimate monsters. for years most of these well to do trinidadians so called untouchables, were raping and pillaging the country's resources unnoticed to the untrained eye while life went on as usual around them. these east P.O.S. areas and further east, or the eastern corridor were neglected from the word go! little to no opportunities were afforded to these folks and their progeny, pre oil boom, oil boom, and post oil boom era's. I'm not an expert on sociology but any fool with a keen eye can predict the out come of such social injustice. NJAC showed us that in 1970, but again people were  caught up in their attire more than the message they delivered. before that uprising Trinidad was the perfect model of post colonialism, lack of opportunity for darker skin people who were relegated to jobs such as gardening and house keeping while the french creoles and whites enjoyed the best T&T had to offer.enough about that. i truly sympathize with Mr matamoro and i wish him all the best, no one should have to experience what he's been through. but all the same until proper opportunities are created for the less fortunate and the equal distribution of the oil wealth is established, and our ports are fully secured as well as our coastal shores, and the proper agencies are in place for the thorough investigations and auditing of the income of the wealthy. until then crime is here to stay!!!            positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2007, 02:46:40 PM »
but all the same until proper opportunities are created for the less fortunate and the equal distribution of the oil wealth is established, and our ports are fully secured as well as our coastal shores, and the proper agencies are in place for the thorough investigations and auditing of the income of the wealthy. until then crime is here to stay!!!            positive.

And just how are jobs going to be created when people villify the business class and people with money.  Is not dem supposed to create the same opportunities?

And what does equal distribution of oil money mean exactly?

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2007, 02:53:43 PM »

Sorry d1onlysexysugar but ah have tuh ask Compre this question ?
Yuh sure Wile E Coyote ded ?

Nah, he eh dead. I see him on TV again jus now

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2007, 02:56:18 PM »
but all the same until proper opportunities are created for the less fortunate and the equal distribution of the oil wealth is established, and our ports are fully secured as well as our coastal shores, and the proper agencies are in place for the thorough investigations and auditing of the income of the wealthy. until then crime is here to stay!!!            positive.

And just how are jobs going to be created when people villify the business class and people with money.  Is not dem supposed to create the same opportunities?

And what does equal distribution of oil money mean exactly?

Sorry, but unemployment in TnT is not an excuse these days. Anyone who wants a job can get one - we actually importing labour. You can even get paid to educate yourself on certain government programmes.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2007, 05:02:30 PM »
yeh! I'm not really condoning this type of criminal behavior, but it seem to me that there are some people on this board who are overly glad the kid met his demise. do i need to remind you that while petty crime is on the up surge the same could be said for big crimes as well. and it seems to me no one is paying it that much attention instead all eyes are focused on these nickle and dimmers. is it because we were trained that way, to ignore big bobol while petty criminals are paraded as the ultimate monsters. for years most of these well to do trinidadians so called untouchables, were raping and pillaging the country's resources unnoticed to the untrained eye while life went on as usual around them. these east P.O.S. areas and further east, or the eastern corridor were neglected from the word go! little to no opportunities were afforded to these folks and their progeny, pre oil boom, oil boom, and post oil boom era's. I'm not an expert on sociology but any fool with a keen eye can predict the out come of such social injustice. NJAC showed us that in 1970, but again people were  caught up in their attire more than the message they delivered. before that uprising Trinidad was the perfect model of post colonialism, lack of opportunity for darker skin people who were relegated to jobs such as gardening and house keeping while the french creoles and whites enjoyed the best T&T had to offer.enough about that. i truly sympathize with Mr matamoro and i wish him all the best, no one should have to experience what he's been through. but all the same until proper opportunities are created for the less fortunate and the equal distribution of the oil wealth is established, and our ports are fully secured as well as our coastal shores, and the proper agencies are in place for the thorough investigations and auditing of the income of the wealthy. until then crime is here to stay!!!            positive.

yuh is a real mad man oui.  :rotfl:  ah doh agree with your conclusions at all. what big crime does gun down people in their own shop and business? is this kind of talk about what a trini "entitled" to that does keep people back. they have alot of these kinds of people up here in canada that does think govt owe them. say what you want about the usa, they pride themselves on being able to stand on their own. some of these americans saying they would rather die than take anything from their govt (true story). trini have people - poor people too - that are willing to work and give to the country instead of extorting social equality via crime, kidnapping like is one victim at a time. is you people standing quiet and enabling these criminals by your silence that should be at the other end of the gun. steups >:(

1]; } ?>