April 29, 2024, 12:13:53 AM

Author Topic: Wickedness of man  (Read 5878 times)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Wickedness of man
« on: March 04, 2007, 08:41:25 PM »
This is a question i have been asking myself for some time now ,as i was responding  to a post it came back to me, that i should plant this post today , do you guys feel that the wickedness that man practice before the world was destroyed is in any way different from the way man is behaving today ? if you say its different tell me why, if you say it is the same tell me why you say so .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Re: Wickedness of man
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 08:53:58 PM »
yuh lorse meh dey..so when was the world first destroyed? ;D
anyway i would say 'man' was always bad..since the time of Cain and Abel..de man turn on he own family..it just get worse in this modern age cause we have weapons of mass destruction available, plus the greed reach even higher heights.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 09:18:14 PM »
anyway i would say 'man' was always bad..since the time of Cain and Abel..de man turn on he own family..it just get worse in this modern age cause we have weapons of mass destruction available, plus the greed reach even higher heights.
before that adam and eve.
eve take chain up from de snake...and adam form de ..u know what
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 09:24:06 PM »
what Adam form?..ah lost lol
Feliz

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 09:31:15 PM »
thanks for your correction felizano ah mean the earth was destroyed

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 09:35:41 PM »
thanks for your correction felizano ah mean the earth was destroyed
no probs..but i still lost lol
'earth destoyed' meant the great flood with Noah's Ark right?
Feliz

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 09:39:28 PM »
ah meant from.. he take chain up from de...... :devil:
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 09:48:20 PM »
ah meant from.. he take chain up from de...... :devil:
oh ok..got it..thanks  :D
Feliz

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 11:58:22 PM »
the bible talks about cross-breeding between humans and giants in the time before the Flood. so, things looking better nowadays. ;)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 06:18:07 PM »
'earth destoyed' meant the great flood with Noah's Ark right ? yes that is what i was talking when all the people on earth was killed becauz of their unbelief or wickediness.

wah iz da one bout Eve  take chain up from the snake an Adam take chain up from the  :devil:my understanding bout dat iz different .

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 06:37:58 PM »
This is a question i have been asking myself for some time now ,as i was responding  to a post it came back to me, that i should plant this post today , do you guys feel that the wickedness that man practice before the world was destroyed is in any way different from the way man is behaving today ? if you say its different tell me why, if you say it is the same tell me why you say so .

WHEN WAS DE WORLD DESTROYED AGAIN? I'm sorry I must have missed that in my world history class  ::)
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

truetrini

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 06:46:20 PM »
Bible=nanci story

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 06:50:22 PM »
pointman that was ah mixstake it dey ah redy an ah kah deleite it.let that read az the people on earth was destroyed.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 11:12:42 AM »
pointman that was ah mixstake it dey ah redy an ah kah deleite it.let that read az the people on earth was destroyed.

awrite boss!! ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 11:27:30 AM »
Bible=nanci story
which holy book isnt?

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2007, 11:42:30 AM »
honestly zulu, in some fundamental ways, humankind have not changed. i used to think how gullible them people from long ago could be, when they saying how catching a fever was curse from God or how they using same bowl to clean chicken with to eat out of. but we just as gullible, just in a different way. look how we tie ourselves up trying to understand what our governments are doing.

same goes for wickedness and all other human qualities. we may have what the anthropologists call tool-making ability (whether that tool be technology or language, etc.). but none of it seems to have resulted in a society that is more or less virtuous than the past.

that's my opinion.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 09:03:29 PM »
Yes ribbit that was the reason ah ask the question becauz from wat ah sein we hedin down the same road like that man nottin different and we movin real fast, when will wickedness of man end ?

Offline Blackgoldint

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2007, 08:27:37 PM »
Bible=nanci story
Now my youth, I know your statment is based on lack : Misinformed or Uninformed.
I you are humble matbe I can teach you somthing..........
The Bible is for believers not unbelievers.

Hosea 4:6
      My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge.
       "Because you have rejected knowledge,
       I also reject you as my priests;
       because you have ignored the law of your God,
       I also will ignore your children.

John 4:23
Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

Psalm 37:11
But the meek will inherit the land and enjoy great peace.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2007, 08:48:42 PM »
Darmm blackgold doh ruff up the big man so nah .

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2007, 09:07:59 PM »
Darmm blackgold doh ruff up the big man so nah .

boi .. dese new posters coming on with guns a blazing ..

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2007, 06:07:48 AM »
Bible=nanci story
Now my youth, I know your statment is based on lack : Misinformed or Uninformed.
I you are humble matbe I can teach you somthing..........
The Bible is for believers not unbelievers.

Hosea 4:6
      My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge.
       "Because you have rejected knowledge,
       I also reject you as my priests;
       because you have ignored the law of your God,
       I also will ignore your children.

John 4:23
Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

Psalm 37:11
But the meek will inherit the land and enjoy great peace.

:rotfl: :rotfl: you clearly new to this board....TT doh kill him please  ;D

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2007, 11:35:14 AM »

And when did this happen.

I am very practical by nature but I am a practicing Catholic also.

There is no scientific evidence of a Great Flood that wiped out "all of man".  In fact at the time of the thaw of the last great ice age, the period around which the Great Flood allegory is most likely based, the people referred to in Genesis were not all of the earth's inhabitants as homo sapiens were already well established in America, Asia, Europe, Oceania and Central and Southern Africa.

Now on the other point about the degeneration of man today.

Despite all the many ills of the world today, we are in a better condition today than we have been at all time in prior history.

The wars and disputes that we have pale in comparison to the history of human ignorance and barbarism that has gradually reduced over time.

One reason for this is the development of first national, regional and global communities. Their is a general empathy that exists among men that was not present in our more barbaric past. People feel less divided and understand that differences in race, culture, ethnicity and sexual orientation do not make us incompatible as far as achieving our individual goals are concerned.

You will find that today the places where there is the most turmoil and violence are where idealogical differences, like religion (middle east, US) and tribal origins (Africa) are played upon. Imagine that all over the world. There was a time when ALL black were non-human, the French hated the English and the Spanish, The English hated the Scots, The Norsemen hated all off central Europe, the more pagan Christians hated true Christians and so on and so on.

Their was no allegiance beyond those that you actually lived with or shared blood ties with and everyone else was less than human and underserving of civil rights or even the right to life. Things that we consider abhorrent right now like rapes, murders, slavery were back then just a way of life.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Blackgoldint

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2007, 12:04:35 PM »
Being new to this board has nothing to do with having Wisdom, Knowledge, and Understanding

Why is it so easy to read other philosophies and concepts  of men like Einstein (where scientist in this day and time blowing most of his theories out the water.) Or the De Vinni code design, written, invented by a homosexual.............but it's hard to believe that is able to save your soul.
RIT Question
Man kind loves darkness because it is easier to do because it takes work to walk this walk sometimes you have to get out of your comform zone......you have to change your thinking.....I know religion has led a lot of people astray, GOD IS NOT IN OR RUNS RELIGION THE DEVIL DOES
Religion steals life..... GOD gives life...........John 10:10 (Part A) The thief (the devil) comes only to steal and kill and destroy; He does not want Us to know the truth.......he wants us to believe that the BIBLE is a nanci story and it was written by men or half the story has never been told.
Only the meek (this word meek is not synonymous to stupid or down troddened) will recieve the word and enjoy it...

Again I say the Word Of GOD is for believers not infidels........
So bro I ain't never scared.....

Offline Blackgoldint

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2007, 12:52:41 PM »
ZULU BIG UP
The Flood hmmmm..... on the  History channel ther running some account of  the flood.
There is proof ...... Mt. Arafat or Arawat (do the research) is a real mountain in Italy where the NOAH'S ARK settled after the flood......Oh by the way scientist found in some years ago the size is close an air craft carrier.
Now the biblical account:   
  Gen 6:15 And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.
NOTE WELL:6And God said, Let there be a firmament [the expanse of the sky] in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters [below] from the waters [above].

Gen1 : 7 And God made the firmament [the expanse] and separated the waters which were under the expanse from the waters which were above the expanse. And it was so.

There was not clouds at one point of the earths existents the sceintific proof just look up in the sky night or day.....GOD IS THE CREATOR NOT MAN......
 GEN 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

GEN 2:6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
So picture in your mind what the scientist of that day was thinking when the first rain drop hit his nose....
The world changes andit is very cruel because of men love the creation more than the Creator....
GEN7:4   For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.
It is good to go to school get all the strips and rank you can aquire in what ever academics your into
because GOD has design our minds to think, but don't get caught up with the hype of this world.
What profits a man to gain the whole world and lose his (Psuche)soul.

Offline Blackgoldint

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2007, 12:57:17 PM »

There is no scientific evidence of a Great Flood that wiped out "all of man".  In fact at the time of the thaw of the last great ice age, the period around which the Great Flood allegory is most likely based, the people referred to in Genesis were not all of the earth's inhabitants as homo sapiens were already well established in America, Asia, Europe, Oceania and Central and Southern Africa.

Despite all the many ills of the world today, we are in a better condition today than we have been at all time in prior history.

The wars and disputes that we have pale in comparison to the history of human ignorance and barbarism that has gradually reduced over time.

One reason for this is the development of first national, regional and global communities. Their is a general empathy that exists among men that was not present in our more barbaric past. People feel less divided and understand that differences in race, culture, ethnicity and sexual orientation do not make us incompatible as far as achieving our individual goals are concerned.

You will find that today the places where there is the most turmoil and violence are where idealogical differences, like religion (middle east, US) and tribal origins (Africa) are played upon. Imagine that all over the world. There was a time when ALL black were non-human, the French hated the English and the Spanish, The English hated the Scots, The Norsemen hated all off central Europe, the more pagan Christians hated true Christians and so on and so on.

Their was no allegiance beyond those that you actually lived with or shared blood ties with and everyone else was less than human and underserving of civil rights or even the right to life. Things that we consider abhorrent right now like rapes, murders, slavery were back then just a way of life.

Yo what is a Praticing Catholic?

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2007, 03:06:35 PM »
Quoting passages from de Bible to support a rational argument will not convince non-believers or believers who view the Bible as a metaphor.  The Bible is a result of Faith and cannot be used in a non-Faith argument.

So Blackgoldint, your arguments will be dismissed and will not be successful to those you trying to convince

The Bible is a metaphor and we should learns the lesson therein, but not take the words literally.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 07:52:09 AM by pecan »
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2007, 03:51:19 PM »
Quoting passages from de Bible to support a rational argument will not convince non-unbelievers or believers who view the Bible as a metaphor.  The Bible is a result of Faith and cannot be used in a non-Faith argument.

So Blackgoldint, your arguments will be dismissed and will not be successful to those you trying to convince

The Bible is a metaphor and we should learns the lesson therein, but not take the words literally.

pecan, you hit the nail on the head. you can teach facts but you cannot teach faith!  i feel ministers have one of the most futile jobs in society because how you could teach faith?

Offline Blackgoldint

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2007, 03:54:37 PM »

Being new to this board has nothing to do with having Wisdom, Knowledge, and Understanding

Why is it so easy to read other philosophies and concepts  of men like Einstein (where scientist in this day and time blowing most of his theories out the water.) Or the De Vinni code design, written, invented by a homosexual.............but it's hard to believe that is able to save your soul.
RIT Question
Man kind loves darkness because it is easier to do because it takes work to walk this walk sometimes you have to get out of your comform zone......you have to change your thinking.....I know religion has led a lot of people astray, GOD IS NOT IN OR RUNS RELIGION THE DEVIL DOES
Religion steals life..... GOD gives life...........John 10:10 (Part A) The thief (the devil) comes only to steal and kill and destroy; He does not want Us to know the truth.......he wants us to believe that the BIBLE is a nanci story and it was written by men or half the story has never been told.
Only the meek (this word meek is not synonymous to stupid or down troddened) will recieve the word and enjoy it...

Again I say the Word Of GOD is for believers not infidels........
So bro I ain't never scared.....

Offline Blackgoldint

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2007, 11:30:41 PM »

You want to tell me about figures of speech I will tell you about figure of speech.
There are over 250 known figures of speech in the bible...............but not all the words in the scripture are to be taken figuritivly. e.g

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie,

James 1:8   A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

James 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

God's Wrath Against Mankind
 Romans 1: 18
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness,
19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.

20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.

22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools

23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.
5 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.

27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
Do you need to see more or is it literal enough for you.......... make no mistake have  your opininions
on other Sh@#@it but learn the bible b4 you thing you have something to say cause all your doing is damning your self and that eh no nanci story.................and if yuh think so keep it up.........Bright boy.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2007, 06:08:21 AM »

You want to tell me about figures of speech I will tell you about figure of speech.
There are over 250 known figures of speech in the bible...............but not all the words in the scripture are to be taken figuritivly. e.g

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie,

James 1:8   A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

James 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

God's Wrath Against Mankind
 Romans 1: 18
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness,
19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.

20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.

22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools

23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.
5 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.

27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
Do you need to see more or is it literal enough for you.......... make no mistake have  your opininions
on other Sh@#@it but learn the bible b4 you thing you have something to say cause all your doing is damning your self and that eh no nanci story.................and if yuh think so keep it up.........Bright boy.

yuh want a biscuit?

*steups* ...you have to be a youth man...calm yuhself breds...and read pecan post again SLOWLY.....

Quoting passages from de Bible to support a rational argument will not convince non-unbelievers or believers who view the Bible as a metaphor.  The Bible is a result of Faith and cannot be used in a non-Faith argument.

The Bible is a metaphor and we should learn the lesson therein, but not take the words literally.

1]; } ?>