April 27, 2024, 10:20:30 AM

Author Topic: Slaughter new Album for 2K7  (Read 3363 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Slaughter new Album for 2K7
« on: March 06, 2007, 11:01:06 AM »
Mr. Slaughter's New Album For 2k7
Source: - Trinidad Guardian

Soca artist Mr. Slaughter—formerly known as Dawg E Slaughter—will premiere his 2007 album ‘Port Of Spain’ with two performances this week.

The two shows are designed to share his new music with fans and showcase his growth over the span of three albums.

Mr. Slaughter will perform an unplugged set tonight at Wood Ford Café, Movietowne accompanied by Guitar And Congas.

The show promises to be an intimate portrait of the entertainer, as he’s never been seen before—up close and personal, away from the glare of the big stage.

On Thursday, Mr. Slaughter heads to the southern edge nightclub in San Fernando where he will launch ‘Port Of Spain.’

The new album features his 2007 carnival hit ‘Spread The Love.’

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Slaughter new Album for 2K7
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 08:53:13 AM »
where can I purchase this album .. Slaughter is my favorite soca artist.. also does anyone know if Silent star drop anything this year.
war..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 01:28:18 PM »
He has a tune with Bunji that I like. I might purchase this album.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 08:19:31 AM »

I hope he suprise people and have more dan one good song on it....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline johnny_ringo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 09:45:36 AM »

i doubt. this man is real garbage. I not buying the "soca-gansta rap" image. Honestly he not worth more than 1 or 2 songs per season.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 10:06:39 AM »

i doubt. this man is real garbage. I not buying the "soca-gansta rap" image. Honestly he not worth more than 1 or 2 songs per season.

oh gosh  :rotfl:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 04:08:49 PM »

yuh cya be talking bout slaughter here  ??? he doh push no soca gansta image...unless yuh talking bout Bunji..ah might be wrong..correct me if so..

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 07:48:44 AM »

ringo yu really aint know bout slaughter at all. Slaughter is one of de best ragga soca artist we have in TNT . He full up of lyrics and have nuff chune. de man is far better than Garlin. Garlin recycle his lyrics Slaughter no need to dat . Slaughter bad..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 10:21:26 AM »
there was an article about him on today's guardian...at the bottom they had a pic of him signing a girl breast... :o   trinidad really loosening up now oui

Offline Girl Warrior

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 10:56:59 AM »
Doe get tie up fellahs, Slaughter love he culture. He have real potential, according to one of my friend he could be our next Machel. I would agree, he keeps getting better... check out his official website...
http://www.mrslaughter.com
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall... Che Guevara

Offline johnny_ringo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 11:12:46 AM »
I not doubting he love he culture, no doubtin he dont have lyrics. Anybody who could go on a national stage and perform i give dem props but come on horse take off the damm shades.
Allyuh see the up in dat video? man rockin hoodies and bandanas in the savanah  :rotfl: aint it like 100 degrees in trini  :rotfl:

i used to like meh boy in he excaliber days and even when he was dawg-e-slaughter but the new image to jayz-ish

i understand that trini on the whole gettin like that and the artiste them tryin to appeal to the overseas market but i would still take ras shorti in he doti, coked out blue boy with he headtie, aloes & baron in they mr t gold chains over MR SLAUGHTER rollin with he crew ready to buss ah cap in my ass :rotfl:

Besides that the quality of his music aint no where nearly on par with the likes of maximus(ragga soca), 3 canal etc(lyrics for days).

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 12:46:48 PM »
Doe get tie up fellahs, Slaughter love he culture. He have real potential, according to one of my friend he could be our next Machel. I would agree, he keeps getting better... check out his official website...

i like slaughter a lot but de next Machel  :rotfl:

yuh had meh rolling with dat one girl  ;D

maybe the next bunji but not machel....

Edit: The album decent, but nowhere close to the Book of Angels.......
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 12:48:22 PM by lickslikefire »

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 12:56:36 PM »
Slaughter is Slaughter, not the next Machel, Bunji, Maximus, et al...

Offline Girl Warrior

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2007, 01:37:26 PM »

i like slaughter a lot but de next Machel  :rotfl:

yuh had meh rolling with dat one girl  ;D

maybe the next bunji but not machel....

Edit: The album decent, but nowhere close to the Book of Angels.......

Hear meh... I eh mean he trying to be like Machel.... or look or sing  like him.... I eh mean lyrically either.....
I been to a couple of fetes that he performed along with other acts (not Machel of course) and I swear, he was the only one who really moved the crowd and had us going. I was talking about the vibe, the parties had real vibe when the man was performing, people hurry up for they drinks and girls run out the port-a-potty to see him perform.
So my comparison is about his effect, and I think its growing. Yuh catch wha ah saying?
Believe me I know Machel is #1 and I eh giving nobody else that status just so.
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall... Che Guevara

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 01:40:56 PM »
Expect big things from Slaughter...he has ah different vibes going on..and unless he is fake..he real love his music and de culture..if he keep de vibes going and continue to sing from the heart...he will be the next big thing in soca music, both local and international  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 02:22:47 PM »
Hear meh... I eh mean he trying to be like Machel.... or look or sing  like him.... I eh mean lyrically either.....
I been to a couple of fetes that he performed along with other acts (not Machel of course) and I swear, he was the only one who really moved the crowd and had us going. I was talking about the vibe, the parties had real vibe when the man was performing, people hurry up for they drinks and girls run out the port-a-potty to see him perform.
So my comparison is about his effect, and I think its growing. Yuh catch wha ah saying?
Believe me I know Machel is #1 and I eh giving nobody else that status just so.

I understand what yuh saying.  I didn't mean to imply he trying to be like Machel

I thought you were talking about in the future he might be one of the up and coming stars (like Machel is now), which I just can't see.

To be honest, I've only seen slaughter performed 3 times, so maybe I saw him in bad performances or maybe I was too tight to remember correctly.

But every time I see him perform, his stage prescence was lacking.  From what I've seen of him, he really needs to improve his stage performances.

On top of that, the man is put out 1 or 2 quality songs per year MAX, and the rest is be average songs on other people riddim.

I will give him his pips though, the "quality" songs he's bring out is move yuh in a way that's different from other soca songs e.g.2007: spread the love, and 2005: Carnival I love you.  Dem tunes is class

Even though I like 2004 "Represent" dat song again on a riddim....he have to stop singing on riddims and make his own music IMO to excel as an artist...

He have real potential though  :beermug:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 04:47:12 PM by lickslikefire »

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2007, 03:25:57 PM »
well...just heard one of his tunes on the radio (WACK fm)...a reggae tune of the conscious variety...think its called "do u understand" or something so...and the tune is quality.  if the rest of the album is as good as this i just might have to cop it.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2007, 05:31:59 PM »
what image slaughter trying to depict, ah Jamaican image or himself? ??? In his music he comes across as heavily influenced by jamaica, excalibur is a prime example... dey struggle to play a long good set of soca, calypso, dare i even say pan set... I doubt this album will appeal to me, ah rudder greatest hits or shadow or merchant greatest would be 100 times better than anything slaughter doing, especially when he trying to sing...

God is de BOSS....

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2007, 06:19:36 PM »
what image slaughter trying to depict, ah Jamaican image or himself? ??? In his music he comes across as heavily influenced by jamaica, excalibur is a prime example... dey struggle to play a long good set of soca, calypso, dare i even say pan set... I doubt this album will appeal to me, ah rudder greatest hits or shadow or merchant greatest would be 100 times better than anything slaughter doing, especially when he trying to sing...

God is de BOSS....

he used to be in NYC before i think there  has a an excalibur sound in miami and england... and why you alway try to bring up rudder and shadow ... different era.. yuh eh even 30 and yuh so oldtimish when it comes to music(soca)..

enjoy the song  http://www.toronto-lime.com/music/2007/jah_in_your_life.htm
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 07:33:19 PM by triniman »

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2007, 07:24:51 PM »

God is de BOSS....

hm, with respect to image he is kinda looking like a low budget sean paul with the corn rows and all...but i like the fella vibe. he trying to do positive tings and i respect that. true he doing reggae and ting but i will support him b/c he is a trini...besides, i doubt that the entire album is reggae, he probably have a track or two just to get a good blend

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2007, 03:03:56 PM »

God is de BOSS....

hm, with respect to image he is kinda looking like a low budget sean paul with the corn rows and all...but i like the fella vibe. he trying to do positive tings and i respect that. true he doing reggae and ting but i will support him b/c he is a trini...besides, i doubt that the entire album is reggae, he probably have a track or two just to get a good blend

His looks  will make him appealing to the international audience a la sean paul, shaggy....but on ah serious note he is ah studio generated artist...in ah live setting he cyah hold ah note to save he life...and don't talk bout de unplugged performance...he almost get ah Destra  ;D....
but he go give yuh 1 or 2 good chune for de season
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

1]; } ?>