April 26, 2024, 12:09:02 PM

Author Topic: Boldon considers quitting Senate  (Read 816 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Boldon considers quitting Senate
« on: March 06, 2007, 12:18:18 PM »
Boldon considers quitting Senate
By Anna Ramdass (Trinidad Express)

Opposition Senator Ato Boldon says there is indeed a possibility he may relinquish his Senatorial seat to take up an offer from a foreign broadcasting company.

But Boldon yesterday asserted that no decision is yet cast in stone, as negotiations between himself and this broadcaster, whom he preferred to keep to himself, are currently ongoing.

Boldon also dispelled reports that he was resigning as Senator to take up an offer with sports network ESPN.

He described that report, in another newspaper, as "gross and misleading that have been damaging and upsetting". In fact, he said such reports could only have a negative impact, especially since a deal was being brokered.

"I mentioned to Jack (Warner) and Kamla (Persad-Bissessar) that a very good offer was proposed to me and I said that I will give the UNC a decision after consultations were completed," Boldon yesterday.

Asked whether he enjoyed his Senatorial position, Boldon responded, "I really enjoy being in the Senate and learning. I was not one to jump up every five minutes because I believe in order to learn something, you have to shut your mouth and listen."

As far as a possible replacement for him if he decides to leave, Boldon immediately put forward the name of professor Wayne Munroe.

Boldon said he had received a lot of praises from the youths about Munroe, adding that he has served well in his short stint as an acting Opposition Senator.

Asked to comment on the termination of former Opposition Senator Harry Mungalsingh, Boldon said, "I knew I was saying my good-byes to him at the post-Senate meeting after he made those comments."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>