April 28, 2024, 04:26:08 PM

Author Topic: Chinese need more beef  (Read 2486 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Chinese need more beef
« on: March 06, 2007, 12:30:49 PM »
Chinese need more beef

h Westerners BEIJING, March 6 (Reuters) - Chinese footballers need to eat beef and drink milk if they are to play, and fight, with Westerners on a level playing field, according to a member of the advisory body to China's parliament.

Last month's brawl between China's under-21 team and English club Queens Park Rangers proved that Chinese athletes did not have enough brawn, according to Zhang Xinshi, a biology researcher from the Chinese Academy of Sciences.

"You can't just say you aren't used to eating beef and drinking milk and leave it at that," Zhang said during a discussion of Chinese agriculture at this week's meeting of the advisory body CPPCC.

"Our football can't reach a higher level. We are only good at skilful sports. Running for two 45 minute halves on such a large pitch at speeds like 100m, how can (our) bodies do that?

"We all saw the recent fight in England and they (the players) were beaten to a pulp.

"Sounds tragic? But if you are as strong as a buffalo how can they beat you up? Therefore I don't think we should advocate the Chinese grain-eating tradition."

Chinese defender Zheng Tao was taken to hospital with a fractured jaw after the 30-man fight during an ill-tempered friendly at QPR's training ground, which provoked a media storm in China.

QPR assistant manager Richard Hill was interviewed by police for his part in the fracas but English media reported on Monday that no charges would be brought against him.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese need more beef
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 12:34:28 PM »
"Sounds tragic? But if you are as strong as a buffalo how can they beat you up? Therefore I don't think we should advocate the Chinese grain-eating tradition."
But dem buffalo doh get strong from eating beef.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 12:52:41 PM »
"Our football can't reach a higher level. We are only good at skilful sports. Running for two 45 minute halves on such a large pitch at speeds like 100m, how can (our) bodies do that?
How stupid is this statement ?

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 12:58:09 PM »
Chinese footballers need to eat beef and drink milk if they are to play, and fight, with Westerners on a level playing field, according to a member of the advisory body to China's parliament.

But how is that going to work with the milk? Aren't most adults in the world lactose intolerant, except for the odd strange whitey like me?
lhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactose_intolerance

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 12:58:30 PM »
like is not how u play football but how how u can fight now ???
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 01:06:08 PM »
Chinese footballers need to eat beef and drink milk if they are to play, and fight, with Westerners on a level playing field, according to a member of the advisory body to China's parliament.

But how is that going to work with the milk? Aren't most adults in the world lactose intolerant, except for the odd strange whitey like me?
never knew that...lol
i am not. either
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 01:12:37 PM »

never knew that...lol
i am not. either

I drink milk everyday  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 01:27:11 PM »

my friend told me most Chinese are lactose intolerant

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 01:44:30 PM »

yeah asians & africans are statistically most prone to being lactose intolerant.....I only drink milk if it's breast fed.. ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Quinderland

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 03:10:21 PM »
Chinese need more beef

h Westerners BEIJING, March 6 (Reuters) - Chinese footballers need to eat beef and drink milk if they are to play, and fight, with Westerners on a level playing field, according to a member of the advisory body to China's parliament.

Last month's brawl between China's under-21 team and English club Queens Park Rangers proved that Chinese athletes did not have enough brawn, according to Zhang Xinshi, a biology researcher from the Chinese Academy of Sciences.

"You can't just say you aren't used to eating beef and drinking milk and leave it at that," Zhang said during a discussion of Chinese agriculture at this week's meeting of the advisory body CPPCC.

"We all saw the recent fight in England and they (the players) were beaten to a pulp.

Chinese defender Zheng Tao was taken to hospital with a fractured jaw after the 30-man fight during an ill-tempered friendly at QPR's training ground, which provoked a media storm in China.

QPR assistant manager Richard Hill was interviewed by police for his part in the fracas but English media reported on Monday that no charges would be brought against him.

Eat your big mac & drink your shake if you want to grow up big and strong
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 03:12:10 PM »
Chinese need more beef

Eat your big mac & drink your shake if you want to grow up big and strong
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Like McDonald's infiltrate the communist party over there.  :rotfl:

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 04:10:21 PM »

yeah asians & africans are statistically most prone to being lactose intolerant.....I only drink milk if it's breast fed.. ;D

;D ;D ;D

That's funny. Actually, I thought the chinese won the fight! Apparently, the lost.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 05:06:22 PM »
The chinese certainly didn't get beaten that badly.

And the Eng. players were running from the "flying kicks" of the Chinese bodyguards. :-)

Also back in the nineties,the TTFF also embarked upon a nutrition program for our players, saying that they were not eating as well as they should and that they were getting bounced off the ball too easilly.

Don't know how well this program worked :-)

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 06:08:46 PM »
This is a perfect business opportunity

We need to export some canned blue food and oildong to china

ah need some investors
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 07:27:00 PM »

never knew that...lol
i am not. either

I drink milk everyday  ;D

Big Up!

Me too!     Soy Milk!!!!!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 07:41:45 AM »
But they struggling to beat Korea and Japan also. So wha now? Eat dog and Sushi  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>