April 27, 2024, 05:29:04 PM

Author Topic: TTFF suspends its football programs!  (Read 37299 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF suspends its football programs!
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2007, 07:44:33 PM »
We were the smallest Federation to make to the WC.

FIFA give everybody a share of the money for qualifying, we get sponsorship, they had corporate sponsors, the players get a raw deal.

All these income streams and the TTFF can't fund programs just 8 months after the WC done.

Them men should be lined up and shot.
lynch should be the word
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2007, 08:32:16 PM »
Please somebody tell me this is a bad joke
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2007, 08:54:33 PM »

Apparently this is the reason why your match vs Chile was cancelled.

Offline Source

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2007, 09:04:47 PM »
"Hit the road Jack and don't come back no more." It's time to begin a new era in TT football. The whole board needs to ride off with Jack.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2007, 09:06:16 PM »
Aren't we getting a significant sum from Adidas for the next 4 years ?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2007, 09:09:05 PM »
boy ask jacko where d adidas money is
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2007, 09:12:48 PM »
Lisana we need a very serious article now, so that we can ALL put Mr Warners actions into perspective.
This man and his Buddies in FIFA are the MOST corrupt Sports Organisation in the World.

All that money Warner was talking about, suddenly GORN ???
Mr Warner come better than that nuh, oh gaum man
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 09:17:19 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2007, 09:18:30 PM »
Government shouldn't have to fund anything.....Fifa has stated that they are a private organisation and no governement can interfere in a an Football Association/ Federation affairs.. Associations can't be held accountable by the government because they face the risk of suspension or expulsion from fifa...Needless to say it is unfair to call for state funds when no one can be held accountable..
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 12:20:13 AM by congo »

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2007, 09:21:49 PM »
Remember This???

Income from sponsors appears to be omitted or doctored including a deal with Adidas. In December 2005 T&TFF announced that Adidas had paid 73 million TT dollars to sponsor the team. When it came to give players their cut, the football federation said the deal was only worth 1.8 million TT dollars.

yuh hear lie that is lie!!!

Is not a lie. When Jack spend millions to pay for coaching staff, airline tickets, accommodation, tournament fees, etc.....how you think he gets repaid? Jack might have money, but he would be broke if all he did was spend that amount on T&T football. He ain't a bottomless pit. Of course there is an agreement to repay him with whatever funds come to the TTFF. That is why the players always get less than the numbers would suggest. There are debts to be repaid..and to be honest...I see nothing wrong with that. Except..I don't know if the numbers still add up, and I don't know if the players are made aware of what needs to be paid to JW when the time comes. You cannot have an individual spending millions of his personal money and not expect him to get it back at the first opportunity. Now..I don't know the details..so please accept this as a theory...I not defending jack...but I know he hadda be repaid somehow. I guessing that is how he gets repaid...
Filho, you not serious that you backing Warner and his Cronies in FIFA.
After reading all that has been printed about Mr Warner I am amazed that people still think he has been a good steward of the TTFF money.
He has taken in MILLIONS and have given back hundreds.
that is NOT good stewardship.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 09:26:55 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2007, 09:26:07 PM »
Tuh know we just went tuh de world cup fuh de first time, yuh might think it should be de other way around, wid football having too many sponsors on board. Dis is very embarrassing and unacceptable. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2007, 09:28:04 PM »
It has finally hit the wires. Here is AP:

PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad: The Trinidad and Tobago soccer federation has suspended all of its national team programs except its under-17 side due to a funding squabble with the government, threatening the Soca Warriors' participation in the CONCACAF Gold Cup, TTFF secretary general Richard Groden said Tuesday.

Groden said the Trinidad government has failed to live up to promises made by Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs Roger Boynes last year to provide funding to the federation, which Groden said had largely been supplied by CONCACAF president and former TTFF president Jack Warner.

"We can't continue like this. We have been promised time and again that the matter will be looked into and things have not changed for the better," Groden said.

The announcement comes on the same day CONCACAF released its schedule for the Gold Cup, placing Trinidad in Group B alongside the defending champion United States, Guatemala and El Salvador.

CONCACAF deputy secretary general Ted Howard said Tuesday that the confederation was aware of a problem between Trinidad federation and the government but said it has not been told the country's participation in the June 6-24 Gold Cup was in jeopardy.

Groden said his federation was suspending all programs other than the under-17 side, steering all funding for the youth side as it continued preparations for the final round of qualifying for the U-17 World Cup in Jamaica April 28-May 6.

"No one likes to do anything that is detrimental to sport, but we have found ourselves in a difficult position, and can't continue like this," Groden said.

Ministry of Sport spokesman Richard LeVeau said Tuesday he had been unaware of the TTFF's decision and was investigating.

"The government's position has always been one of caution when dealing with public funds, and was only prepared to disburse such when certain strict measures were met," he said.

The salaries of the national team coaching staff, including Soca Warriors manager Wim Rijsbergen, are nearly US$100,000 a month, Groden said.

The problem already has caused Trinidad to withdraw from a scheduled friendly against Chile later this month, Groden said.

Trinidad federation president Oliver Camps informed acting Minister of Sport Joan Yuille-Williams at the end of February that the coaching staff was contemplating returning to their native countries until the issue is resolved.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2007, 09:29:54 PM »
Check the heights,

Its a cover for the lawsuit that coming for the TTFF tail from the 13 players.

How yuh could sue a entity that bankrupt and have no funds?

If they are not in operations what do you have to collect and what you suing for.

A BIG FAT ZERO

Mind the TTFF doe change they name, re-brand come back in the game after the breeze and dust settle and its back to square one.

My imagination working overtime but lewwe just wait and see if my hunch is correct.

Also as alluded to by Congo, FIFA statutes indicate that there must be no government interference in the running of their FA.

At the end of the day we may have our personal likes and dislikes for Warner et al. But unless any of us have the $$$$ to put up we cyar do nuttin about it and the matter is out of our hands.

All our rants here come like a warm lingering fart on a windy day.........grabs your attention, deadly at first but soon forgotten.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2007, 09:31:09 PM »
JACK WARNER you have to STOP holding our Football program up for Ransom......you just as bad as all ah dem people who does hold Business people for Ransom money.....Completely un-acceptable SIR.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2007, 09:31:54 PM »
Check the heights,

Its a cover for the lawsuit that coming for the TTFF tail from the 13 players.

How yuh could sue a entity that bankrupt and have no funds?

If they are not in operations what do you have to collect and what you suing for.

A BIG FAT ZERO

Mind the TTFF doe change they name, re-brand come back in the game after the breeze and dust settle and its back to square one.

My imagination working overtime but lewwe just wait and see if my hunch is correct.

Also as alluded to by Congo, FIFA statutes indicate that there must be no government interference in the running of their FA.

At the end of the day we may have our personal likes and dislikes for Warner et al. But unless any of us have the $$$$ to put up we cyar do nuttin about it and the matter is out of our hands.

All our rants here come like a warm lingering fart on a windy day.........grabs your attention, deadly at first but soon forgotten.

These are all fair comments.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2007, 09:35:40 PM »
Warner/FIFA does want the TnT Government to put in money but not to have a say in what goes on ???
un-believable.
having their cake and eating it.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2007, 09:40:31 PM »
ah not understanding why men up in arms over this....i sure i read on dis forum where men saying they want Austin out at all cost...Austin keepin we football dong...Austin is ah tief...Austin only have heself and he family an doh have ah heart for the football.....de reporter from england right for approaching Austin etc etc etc.....and lehwe start from scratch!....well it look like some get dey wish....so stop bawlin!

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2007, 09:43:30 PM »
WWWWHHHHHAAAT TTHHEEEE FU#$$%^k IS THHISSS

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2007, 09:43:51 PM »
Ent, read this post again http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=25742.msg284647#msg284647
is just a re-structuring of Mr Warners interest in the TTFF
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2007, 09:47:24 PM »
Is obviously the Government fault...

Why? What happen to the 6 million they get from FIFA? Doh blame the government at all.

EXACTLY WHERE THE HELL ALL THE MONEY WE EARN FROM GERMANY!!!!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2007, 09:53:37 PM »
ah guess ah was partly wrong, going WC  DID put us on the football map...oh well, here we go again ... my prays failed, though temporarily, maybe now we would finally get the closure that was obviously postponed.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2007, 09:55:54 PM »
ah not understanding why men up in arms over this....i sure i read on dis forum where men saying they want Austin out at all cost...Austin keepin we football dong...Austin is ah tief...Austin only have heself and he family an doh have ah heart for the football.....de reporter from england right for approaching Austin etc etc etc.....and lehwe start from scratch!....well it look like some get dey wish....so stop bawlin!
Exactly!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2007, 10:01:04 PM »
Is obviously the Government fault...

Why? What happen to the 6 million they get from FIFA? Doh blame the government at all.

EXACTLY WHERE THE HELL ALL THE MONEY WE EARN FROM GERMANY!!!!!

Why? Why nothing could ever go smooth with TTFF??? it's embarrassing

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2007, 10:05:53 PM »
I don't think the governement don't want trinidad football to progress, I just think that they not willing to put hard earned tax payers money in a place where no questions could be asked..If the organisation is in so much mess that they need government funding just to function, then all of them could ride into the sunset with ole jackie boy.. ;D

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2007, 12:07:09 AM »
This black mail business is quite interesting. What I wish would come out of this is that  Lincoln Phillips, the Players association or  someone of repute come forward and act as an intermediary between the govt, the corporate sector and TTFF. An entity should organise with the govt and the corporate sector to fund the critical aspects of the TTFF which shall not include payment of previous debts and the salaries of the TTFF executive. This entity should also jointly oversee funds raised from matches and ensure transparency with the allocation of said funds. In exchange for this service the TTFF should grant use of the logo etc for marketing and fund raising purposes. It is quite obvious that the TTFF does not have a clue about fund raising and marketing.

If the TTFF wants to behave like children then they should be treated like children. They not getting the way so the throw a tantrum and say no body can't play. Cool then let someone over shadow them and hold they hand everything they do.

If a creditable proposal is put forward and the TTFF does not accept it would look bad on their part. If the new entity runs all the financial affairs successfully hopefully the TTFF executive will be discredited and forced to resign.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2007, 12:10:36 AM »
The issue is not the money the government owes, the issue is where all the money from the world cup and sponsors disappear to so fast....If a government refuses to fund a football association, it shouldn't cease to function as it is a private organisation...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2007, 04:49:36 AM »
Mih eh read de story yet....but dis is mih initial response.....

WWWHHHAAAATTT??!!!!      :o :o :o
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2007, 05:06:47 AM »
this have surinam written all over it,I hope everything works out or it done...............

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2007, 05:08:39 AM »
Ok ah read de whole thing and while dis government is most definitely not mih favourite bunch of people.....

DEY DAMN RIGHT!!!.....Any body on dis board does spend money on something dat dey aint know what dey spending de money on......

And I hear Roger Boynes wid mih own 2 ears say (sometime earlier this year)....until de TTFF comes up with a proper plan for how MY MONEY will be spent they are reluctant to contribute any further....I agree...

Warner/FIFA does want the TnT Government to put in money but not to have a say in what goes on ???
un-believable.
having their cake and eating it.

Tell me about it..... ::)

Come Lasana....ah waiting on yuh next article on dis one....real friggin unbelievable....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2007, 05:41:20 AM »
Looks like Jamaica will make the Gold Cup after all as a special invitee

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2007, 05:49:04 AM »
it is alleged that the main reason for changing the name from the TTFA to the TTFF was to get out of paying debts and lawsuits...... maybe something like this is on the horizon, to get out of paying the players........ All dis is juss a smoke screeeeen ::) ::)

JW yuh good yuh know

1]; } ?>