April 28, 2024, 01:12:48 PM

Author Topic: Kidnapped sister of striker found alive and well  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kidnapped sister of striker found alive and well
« on: March 13, 2007, 07:28:28 AM »

sadly, since we is trini some of we could probably related to this type of story now.

only difference is that is she was kidnapped in t & t and gone for 5 months, she woulda surely be dead by now.

ROME, March 13 (Reuters) - The five-month kidnap ordeal of the sister of AC Milan's Brazilian striker Ricardo Oliveira has ended, the Italian club said on its Web site (www.acmilan.com) on Tuesday.

Maria de Lourdes Silva de Oliveira was taken from her home in Sao Paolo on Oct. 4 last year.

Milan's statement said she had been found "alive and well", but did not say whether a ransom had been demanded or paid, or whether her recovery was the result of work by the Brazilian police.

At the time of the kidnap, police sources said at least two armed men broke into the victim's home in the early hours. She was taken while her husband and eight-year-old son were tied up.

The kidnapping was the latest involving the relatives of footballers in the state of Sao Paulo. The most infamous involved the mother of striker Robinho, who spent more than 40 days in captivity in 2004.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kidnapped sister of striker found alive and well
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 11:32:26 AM »
Gret news. I always wondered how he continued to play with that weighing on him. Fellas have real mental strength. I'm sure it affected his game which is why Milan have not seen the best of him. Football could not have meant too much to him while his sister was kidnapped. I happy for his family. He was far more fortunate than his teamate Kakha Kaladze. Kaladze's brother was kidnapped in 2001 by Chechen rebels. His family were willing to pay the ransome, but the brother was never heard of again. They only just found his remains in january of this year and returned them to his family. Imagine almost 6 years of not knowing but assuming the worst. Ah lord...

1]; } ?>