April 28, 2024, 04:25:27 PM

Author Topic: Say What BSC is the best local national coach we ever had  (Read 4142 times)

Offline Gazza

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Say What BSC is the best local national coach we ever had
« on: July 21, 2005, 01:04:03 AM »
Check he record-World cup sub-20 in 1991,Gold Cup semi finals 2000.And that team under he guidance wouldda qualify for 2002.Porterfield just run de team on he work when he took over,then he run out of his own ideas.Some of the best quality college players in the states come from he coaching school.He last stint he had to deal with ah bunch ah hard head local shit hound who could hardly trap a ball and want to talk bout coach this and coach that.We will never qualify for the world cup if Yorke, Andrews and lawrence ent there.Afer them gone dog  eat we supper,everybody i must say regretfully  go beat we unless we local coaches learn to first instill pride and discipline in our young footballers as he did for us.Because we have coaches locally that know we youngsters does smoke and all thing and does nothing e.g under 17 2001.

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Say What BSC is the best local national coach we ever had
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 05:49:34 AM »
U talking the truth brother. People seem to forget, is because of BSC hard line a lot of people did not like him. The guy is a disciplinarian and has a good track record. He is the best in T&T. I doh care wah anybody want to say bout him. I did not say he is the best ever, but he is the best we have besides any foreigner. People just don't realize how much of a positive impact he as contributed the game here in T&T.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 05:56:25 AM »
Gazza some points to think about

Firstly it was not the sub under 20 WC it was the sub under 17 that we qualified for........but the record was we collected 13 goals in 3 games and scored ZERO.

Also this Gold cup you keep alluding to we lost to Canada and we collected 4 from Mexico.........but under a new coach we beat them 2-0 and 4-0 and most importantly BEAT Mexico 1-0 and drew 1-1 respectively.

I ent sure about you but getting 4 does not equate success on a football field unless you playing Brazil.....only then is it excuseable ;D

Under Bertille St Kiits and St Vincent ran all over us and you should thank Hector Sam and ANgus eve for playing football for 30 seconds and enabling us to get a result. We nearly didn't make the gold cup having been beaten by Cuba and Jamaica in the digicel cup and barely edging past barbados to come third in a tournament we usually win.

Breds I doe know about you but I would rather give the best local mantle to Everard "Gally" Cummings. 1 point shy of a WC seems a better record than 13-0 and a Gold Cup semi final loss to Canada.

Also in terms of style of play the long ball hit and hope Bertille, was not as attractive on the eye as the kaisocasoccer by Gally.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 05:59:42 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 06:17:57 AM »
De game out grow BSC.

I agree, he is de best local coach in TOBAGO with Doc real close behind.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 06:18:53 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 07:19:57 AM »
Gally would get my vote. BCS just never evolve as a coach.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 07:45:14 AM »

Firstly it was not the sub under 20 WC it was the sub under 17 that we qualified for........but the record was we collected 13 goals in 3 games and scored ZERO.

Touches this is like the third time in two days ah see yuh talking bout we qualify for the under-17 world cup... First ah thought it was a mistake.... but now ah realise yuh truely believe is that... but it was in fact the u-20 World Cup in Portugal in 1991.
Just to double check it... If Yorke is 33 now... then 14 years ago he was 19... so ah don't see how he coulda play in ah U-17 WC....

also what is ah "sub under-17" ?  de spanish say sub-17 and de english say u-17... Don't mean to come across too pedantic
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 07:47:18 AM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 08:10:26 AM »

yeah touches, it was ah under 20 competition we qualified for.

good points about bertile though, he is ah shit snake, and ah tactical dunce.  Players and coaches alike have all said that!!

We play in de gold cup, lorse tuh mexico 4-0, beat guat 4-2, and scrape past costa rica 2-1 in a game in which we were dominated.  Then with a chance tuh qualify for de confederations cup, we gone and lorse tuh canada and sent them through, with bertile makeing 2 subs in de 89th minute!! lol

Gazza, u must be bertile neighbour or something, cause u have to be crazy!  I firmly believe that de only reason bertile did well cause at that time we had de best squad of players together in ah long time

man like

latapy
rougier
yorke
dwarika
nakid
andrews
eve (when he was good)
mauge (before he break he foot)
etc!

gally is we best, although dem players was average, he still had them working as a real team!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2005, 08:13:08 AM »

also what is ah "sub under-17" ?  de spanish say sub-17 and de english say u-17... Don't mean to come across too pedantic

haha....yuh rough FF....yuh rough.....but yes it was the u-20 cup...... Touches, when yuh lookin' to school someone yuh hadda get your facts correct.

p.s. Whether Bertille or Gally were the best coaches we ever had, they were both sub-par at the world level...which puts the light on a more important question- In addition to being unable to sufficiently develop players locally...what the hell are we doing about coaches in T&T ??

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2005, 08:29:14 AM »
p.s. Whether Bertille or Gally were the best coaches we ever had, they were both sub-par at the world level...which puts the light on a more important question- In addition to being unable to sufficiently develop players locally...what the hell are we doing about coaches in T&T ??

great point kicker!!

Many people dont know that beenie man is here to beef up coaching in this country, its just that right he has to focus all efforts on trying to get us to germany! Many coaching sessions are planned for when our WCQ campaign is completed in november!!   I got that from lincoln.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Gazza

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2005, 10:28:52 AM »
Dat touches ent know one damn ting bout football and de evolution of football in t&t.He is one of the reason we would not reach anywhere.The man help we football carry we to the under 20 world cup and that is how you talkin.You encouraging disrespect in local football and uneducatedness.You ent see de kind ah direspectful hard head footballers we have now?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2005, 12:05:05 PM »
I try to keep away from talking about other Coaches and more so T&T Coaches because i'm a one myself,having said that when talking about best Coach will always be debateable,it's matter of opinion,matter of time,who you dealt with,some ppl look at qualifications,some at records, any how you look at it most  Coaches had success at some time or the other.
     If you look carefully all our national team players are coming from the colleges league,it has become our nursery, so if the quality of our players not up to standard it does not speak well for the Coaches that coach teams there.From my experiences at home players are self taught and so are Coaches,that's why you see a difference in those that had the opporptunity to go abroad and improve themselves,at home is like teams are still training like we used to do years ago,the wrong things are being accepted because everybody doing it.           

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2005, 02:51:04 PM »
If BSC is really the best local coach we ever had, den dem other coaches in a real bad way. 

FOREIGN COACH FOREVER FUH T&T.  Make de damn PFL, Colleges & minor league coaches dem foreign too because if Bertille is de best, fuh we to even have a chance against grenada and dem now...we have to go foreign.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2005, 03:02:39 PM »
If BSC is really the best local coach we ever had, den dem other coaches in a real bad way.

FOREIGN COACH FOREVER FUH T&T. Make de damn PFL, Colleges & minor league coaches dem foreign too because if Bertille is de best, fuh we to even have a chance against grenada and dem now...we have to go foreign.

Yuh know not too long ago you were saying the he was your favourite T&T coach  ;D ah wonder wha happened?  ;D ;D
Live large and prosper!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2005, 03:04:57 PM »
Yuh know not too long ago you were saying the he was your favourite T&T coach  ;D ah wonder wha happened?  ;D ;D

He got appointed to the National senior team in 2004.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2005, 03:06:17 PM »
 ;D
Live large and prosper!

Offline Gazza

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2005, 03:33:19 PM »
allyuh know that people say allyuh doh like him cause he is a tobagonian and trinidadian doh like dem to outclass we in nothing.Face de facts he get de best results.Is only we present crop ah players head hard dey could hardly pass CXC.Praise god for Yorke and some of them experience ones that dey right now(minus Stern),but after them we dogs ded.I vote we get ah mexican coach or Steve Sampson from de US.The US have de most modern and innovative sports training techniques in de world today.Check de level of fitnessnow in de German Team.Is Americans deh coach using.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2005, 03:51:01 PM »
Correction noted, thanks FF for the info, Kicker and Gazza.

Still bertie ent good lil bit.Gazza I surprised is because of me that we ent reach now where, how am I causing disrespect in the local game because I ent like Bertie?

Well breds I on the other side of your fence..............you stay with Bertie.

I going the foreign route because the level of the local coaches not good enough.........If you really look at the big picture you trying to find something to feel good about when the picture really entitled "Failure"

I find Gally better than Bertie and I want a new painting called success to be painted, the local artisans ent up to the task right now.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 03:56:54 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2005, 03:56:09 PM »
I try to keep away from talking about other Coaches and more so T&T Coaches because i'm a one myself,having said that when talking about best Coach will always be debateable,it's matter of opinion,matter of time,who you dealt with,some ppl look at qualifications,some at records, any how you look at it most  Coaches had success at some time or the other.
     If you look carefully all our national team players are coming from the colleges league,it has become our nursery, so if the quality of our players not up to standard it does not speak well for the Coaches that coach teams there.From my experiences at home players are self taught and so are Coaches,that's why you see a difference in those that had the opporptunity to go abroad and improve themselves,at home is like teams are still training like we used to do years ago,the wrong things are being accepted because everybody doing it.           

Coops I think part of the problem with the colleges is the fact that too many games are being played. Coaches / players do not spend enough time training to play the game. There are so many games in a short space of time that there is very little time for parctice. About two year ago I was home and did some sessions with players, basically focusing on repetition of techniques specific for the positions they play. What was surprising is that most players did not know what was required of them technically / tactically to play a certain position. At 17 years old, this is unthinkable, but its a fact. What was most disappointing however, was that the players did not appreciate the importance of working at the required technique. "Coach I could do dat ahready" yet 9 out of 10 crosses would go behind the goal ( an example). I remember Dick Furlong use to get children to chase the ball while he worked on a fake from the left, coming on to his right foot and curling a ball into the far post over and over.Repetition in a proper manner is the secret to mastering any technique, ask any martial arts instructor. or just watch a Chinee kick up???   ;D One thing that we have to develop on our players is the attitude of "how to train" All players that made it in any sport know the value of training
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2005, 07:38:40 PM »

Coops I think part of the problem with the colleges is the fact that too many games are being played. Coaches / players do not spend enough time training to play the game. There are so many games in a short space of time that there is very little time for parctice. About two year ago I was home and did some sessions with players, basically focusing on repetition of techniques specific for the positions they play. What was surprising is that most players did not know what was required of them technically / tactically to play a certain position. At 17 years old, this is unthinkable, but its a fact. What was most disappointing however, was that the players did not appreciate the importance of working at the required technique. "Coach I could do dat ahready" yet 9 out of 10 crosses would go behind the goal ( an example). I remember Dick Furlong use to get children to chase the ball while he worked on a fake from the left, coming on to his right foot and curling a ball into the far post over and over.Repetition in a proper manner is the secret to mastering any technique, ask any martial arts instructor. or just watch a Chinee kick up???   ;D One thing that we have to develop on our players is the attitude of "how to train" All players that made it in any sport know the value of training
Observer i really like how you guys refine things,i can see you are one who have been through our system and have the hang of what goes on,what you have stated here is a typical Trini player's mentality and it boils down to attitude(star boy).I remember ppl saying so and so is a natural and so on but after getting deep into sport i realize that's a myth,it have nothing like a natural you have to work hard to stay at the top or compete,i respect every athlete because i know what i had to do to reach the top and that was not enough,sometimes i ask myself what is.   

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2005, 11:13:21 AM »
Observer,
I don't think the number of games being played is an issue.  I think, the time spent in training is the real problem.  Training July and August and season starts in September is a formula for poor development.  As u observed several players lacking in fundamental areas, this can only be corrected by more training sessions conducted by good coaches.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2005, 11:30:35 AM »
I personally don't think Sampson is a good coach...What has he done for the US or any team he has coached??
When the US went to the WC with him, I believe most of that is because of the structure the US has in place. If I am correct they won 0 games. What country did he coach before and what was their record?? I cannot remember the details but I remember it was not so good.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2005, 04:59:44 AM »
Gally would get my vote. BCS just never evolve as a coach.

I fully agree with the highlighted statement, I am a Bertile supporter (as the longer serving forumites will know) and was happy for him to carry on right through the campaign, successful or not.  I for one thought the initial poor performances were mainly the players fault, as I did'nt think they truely believed they could qualify and therefore underperformed.  However, after seeing the Guatemala licks and patches of the teams performances since Costa Rica, I have to admit Bertile seems to have stagnated since the 2000 Gold Cup.  He is a good youth coach...there is no doubt about that, but it seems as a tactician and motivator he is lacking when it comes to international ball.  I would not compare Gally and Bertile as though Gally did well, he performed best when virtually all his players were locally based, he even ditched the few foreign based we had as the journey progressed.  Bertile had to deal with ego's inflated by percieved career success i.e. Foreign based pro's.  I remember Gally had a second stint with these individuals in the team...wasn't very successful.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2005, 12:19:18 PM »

I would not compare Gally and Bertile as though Gally did well, he performed best when virtually all his players were locally based, he even ditched the few foreign based we had as the journey progressed.  Bertile had to deal with ego's inflated by percieved career success i.e. Foreign based pro's.  I remember Gally had a second stint with these individuals in the team...wasn't very successful.

the reason why the Strike squad was fairly successful was that they actually spent a lot of time together training..just like in a club setting..where thats all you do whole day...eat,drink,play and sleep football.

yeah i rember that too when we get the foreign pro's back that one time and even Gally couldn't control them.

this current team needs some real shaking up....shave off them damn stupid hairstyles they have and make them run from POS to Matelot..treat them like shit and then you'll see the ones who really want to serve their country.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>