April 28, 2024, 05:07:42 PM

Author Topic: WARRIOR SUPPORTERS CALL TO ACTION  (Read 6256 times)

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
WARRIOR SUPPORTERS CALL TO ACTION
« on: March 07, 2007, 11:05:23 AM »
We find ourselves once again in a position where we represent the voice of the people. Another Football crisis has occurred and we all should be in the forefront of a consolidated response to the events that have unfolded.

I call on members to openly voice their concerns via letters to the editors of the local dailies, EXPRESS, GUARDIAN, NEWSDAY sys sync with a strongly worded letter to the TTFF to account for their actions and provide AGAIN an open book of financial standings to ascertain the income and expenditures as of MARCH 7TH 07.

We cannot sit back and watch our teams placed in jeopardy, as we are on the verge of the Gold Cup this summer, with a solid chance to advance to the latter rounds. TALLMAN, FLEX, TOUCHES, OCONNOR. Contact all yuh peeps to make this happen. Lisana, Fuentes need to hear our concerns.

Is it finally time for new blood to come in to the TTFF and save this organisation and our football from slipping after all the WARRIORS have accomplished for them

>:( >:( >:( >:( :busshead: :busshead: :busshead:

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WARRIOR SUPPORTERS CALL TO ACTION
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 11:08:06 AM »
We find ourselves once again in a position where we represent the voice of the people. Another Football crisis has occurred and we all should be in the forefront of a consolidated response to the events that have unfolded.

I call on members to openly voice their concerns via letters to the editors of the local dailies, EXPRESS, GUARDIAN, NEWSDAY sys sync with a strongly worded letter to the TTFF to account for their actions and provide AGAIN an open book of financial standings to ascertain the income and expenditures as of MARCH 7TH 07.

We cannot sit back and watch our teams placed in jeopardy, as we are on the verge of the Gold Cup this summer, with a solid chance to advance to the latter rounds. TALLMAN, FLEX, TOUCHES, OCONNOR. Contact all yuh peeps to make this happen. Lisana, Fuentes need to hear our concerns.

Is it finally time for new blood to come in to the TTFF and save this organisation and our football from slipping after all the WARRIORS have accomplished for them

Not only de financial statements but also provide original invoices to prove every damn expense listed.....
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 11:23:24 AM »
Yes boss let we organize somethin i hear jacko say we hav 14 days for d ttff to submitt to concacaf if we goin gold cup. we hav 2 move quick. enough is enough. let us come up with a good plan of action
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 11:31:50 AM »
Not only de financial statements but also provide original invoices to prove every damn expense listed.....
yes lets get moving here
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 11:54:14 AM »
Is BESS we make this post a sticky oui..cause is time and time again we in the same boat, saying the same ting. All we'll have to do is update it every time rather than creating a new post.

Is always some kinda drama when it's announced we have game scheduled  or supposed to be getting ready for a tournament. Then Mr. Warner will stroll een and play santa claus and beat he chess and brag that he once again supporting the team.

The man like ah drug dealer we.. get them hooked and you could do what you want with them.

BTW..ah still say they shoulda give the man ah national award for taking we on he back to the WC!  ;)

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 12:32:10 PM »
Is BESS we make this post a sticky oui..cause is time and time again we in the same boat, saying the same ting. All we'll have to do is update it every time rather than creating a new post.

Is always some kinda drama when it's announced we have game scheduled  or supposed to be getting ready for a tournament. Then Mr. Warner will stroll een and play santa claus and beat he chess and brag that he once again supporting the team.

The man like ah drug dealer we.. get them hooked and you could do what you want with them.

BTW..ah still say they shoulda give the man ah national award for taking we on he back to the WC!  ;)

Jumbie you took the words out meh mouth. I feel Warner going to step in last minute and throw a couple million in the coffer and come out looking like a hero

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 01:08:47 PM »
Now's the time to form a new football association (minus the current TTFF management). A new organization with complete transparency.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 01:18:05 PM »

ah know what you guys are gettin at, but its not a public company, they are under no obligation to do this
at least as far as i know....correct me if im wrong
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 01:19:57 PM by ricky »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 01:24:04 PM »
ah know what you guys are gettin at, but its not a public company, they are under no obligation to do this

aahhhhhh....... well ricky.... then the government under no obligation to give dem any money as well right?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 01:26:42 PM »

but dey want MY public funds??....den show me how yuh spending MY MONEY!!!!

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 01:29:09 PM »

aahhhhhh....... well ricky.... then the government under no obligation to give dem any money as well right?

yep 100% right  ;)
im curious where most funding comes from for other national programs....i would assume its mostly private sponsors not governments.....Trinidad private sector has to step up here in my opinion
as well we have to free ourselves of the corruption at the top
Until we do, nothing go change as we all know
Winnipeg Fury, if you read this, do you know where the funding comes from for the Canadian program??
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 01:32:59 PM by ricky »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 01:33:40 PM »

yep 100% right  ;)
im curious where most funding comes from for other national programs....i would assume its mostly private sponsors not governments.....Trinidad private sector has to step up here in my opinion
and free ourselves of the corruption at the top
Winnipeg Fury, if you read this, do you know where the funding comes from for the Canadian program??

They (CSA) signed a deal with CIBC (bank) a while back for $4.3Million

There was also a deal with "tide" back in 2002 called the Tide Mini Soccer Program.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 01:35:43 PM by Jumbie »

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 01:39:23 PM »

yep 100% right  ;)

Maybe the key is to place pressure on the corporate sponsors because though the TTFF is private, once they are providing money I would hope that they would have a built in clause in their contract that the TTFF has to provide a full account of funds. If their reputation is in jeopardy maybe they will stand along with the gov't on this.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 01:43:07 PM »

yep 100% right  ;)
and free ourselves of the corruption at the top

They (CSA) signed a deal with CIBC (bank) a while back for $4.3Million

There was also a deal with "tide" back in 2002 called the Tide Mini Soccer Program.

thanks jumbie ah was sure CIBC was involved big time, just not sure the amounts
but say what as long as we have a thief at the top dont matter whear the money come from it go end up in the same place
Im against govenment money tho

If i owned a company in Trinidad and had the money, i would say alright here the money...but under one condition JW is gorn and i get access to the books.
Anyone or government would be an ass to give money to the TTFF the way it is run now
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 01:54:51 PM by ricky »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 09:54:31 PM »
Yes Jack was great to our team during the World Cup but guess what he was feeling good about making a few more millions and was simply throwing back some crumbs, just ask he son bout the ticket scam!

So to Shaka, Carlos and all the other World Cup players who feel that our T&T government need to give the TTFF blind money I with our govermnet in saying no accountablity no money!

The theifing and lack of accountablity must stop today!!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 09:56:29 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 10:53:42 PM »
As Bunji say in the Warrior Chant Stand up for them and the them is all future footballers. We have to run JW OC etal out of town.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2007, 11:18:53 PM »
Jack for T $ T president ;D
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2007, 11:45:52 AM »

yep 100% right  ;)

Most of the other sporting bodies in the country get most of their money from the government through the Ministry of Sports (MOS).  Any additional funds (believe it or not) does come from cake sale and barbeques or the occasional fete.

Generally what happens is that the sporting body sends a proposed budget for the year based on what the perceived activites would be.  The MOS totals everybody request and then lobby for funds from the gov't.  The gov't will then allocate monies according to the national budget.

Some years ago FCOTT was set up to handle all financial matters related to national football teams.  Needless to say that kinda gone through the window now.  I think the name change to the Sports Co of TT now (could be wrong here).  Anyway this organisation is now responsible for disbursement of funds to ALL sporting organisations under the aegis of the MOS.  The head man made an announcement last week that all sporting bodies must send their proposed budgets, and documentary evidence to support all expenditures...failure to comply would result in no further monies being disbursed.

Football has always been the main benefactor from gov't funds, primarily because it has the highest profile.  The gov't already give TTFF close to TT$100M in the last year (including WC bonuses).  The successful TT cricket team ain't get no where close to that, and all the other sporting bodies crying out for funds now.  Very few of them have any kinda corporate/private sponsors...cake sales keeping them alive.

Now's the time to form a new football association (minus the current TTFF management). A new organization with complete transparency.

That is how the TTFF come into being some odd 20 years ago.  We had the TTFA and then TTFF come to fight up.  Now is just TTFF.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2007, 12:39:42 PM »
That is how the TTFF come into being some odd 20 years ago.  We had the TTFA and then TTFF come to fight up.  Now is just TTFF.

Do not think this is correct here pardners

TTFA rebranded as TTFF a couple years ago to avoid some debts dey incurred.... (bobol)

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2007, 01:53:36 PM »
Declare the TTFF administrators incompetent; liquidate all assets; pay the creditors (coaches and players) form a new federation headed by Shaka. No former TTFF cronies allowed.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2007, 05:58:18 PM »
That may be easier said than done,they have been sucking at the breast for so long it will not be easy to wean them and you know they not going away without a fight,trust me this will have to get much worse before it gets any better
All you know Jack bad mind,he will make it real miserable for whoever overthrow him

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2007, 11:11:37 AM »
That is how the TTFF come into being some odd 20 years ago. We had the TTFA and then TTFF come to fight up. Now is just TTFF.

Do not think this is correct here pardners

TTFA rebranded as TTFF a couple years ago to avoid some debts dey incurred.... (bobol)

FF, I eh discounting wha yuh saying, as a matter of fact I stand to be corrected.  I was just a yuteman at the time, but I remember teams like ASL and few others breaking away from the TTFA (the then ruling body) and forming the TTFF because of corruption.  I actually remember those teams having they own leagues.  If memory serve me right, I think TTFA said they woulda ban any team that play against any TTFF teams.  I can't remember exactly why eventually the name ended up as TTFF though.  I do know it wasn't a couple years ago though...

Older folks...shed some light nah !
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2007, 02:43:45 PM »
leh we pull off ah " hunger strike " like choc'late....but we go eat doubles and then go down by the TTFF
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>