April 24, 2024, 04:47:30 PM

Poll

Who do you think is straight up a better player? C. Ronaldo or Kaka?

Cristiano
17 (35.4%)
Kaka
31 (64.6%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: C.Ronaldo or Kaka?  (Read 11187 times)

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
C.Ronaldo or Kaka?
« on: March 07, 2007, 05:59:51 PM »
Just out of curiosity I want to see what the intellects of this forum think

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: C.Ronaldo or Kaka?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 06:10:34 PM »
Kaka aint have nothin on Ronaldo
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 06:16:29 PM »
When they met the other day (Brazil vs. Portugal) it was Ronaldo who ran the show.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 06:20:36 PM »
Lets face it CR only critiques are his diving and sometimes overdribbling...but take dat away and he is pure class  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 06:21:41 PM »
When they met the other day (Brazil vs. Portugal) it was Ronaldo who ran the show.
exactly tell them kaka fan boys tht nah
Youtube Channel

Offline Papachunks

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 06:41:03 PM »
Hands down Ronaldo....but i hadda say the man's diving skills does real lose him points. What i dont understand is why a fella who is top draw, hadda dive like that.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 06:42:41 PM »
EPL fans say Ronaldo....suprise suprise.

Kaka is a higher class of player than C. Ronaldo.

C. Ronaldo is not a very intelligent player in my opinion. He dribbles too much, until either he gets fouled, loses the ball, or has to pass it back. As soon as he get the ball is automatic dribbling...and teammates does be wide open waiting for him to pass the ball. A tendency to dive too. I will give him props for his assist today though, but otherwise he was being his usual self. He lucky he young so he can learn the game more.

Kaka is wiser. Kaka not only has footballing feet but footballing brains: creativity, imagination, finesse and always an eye for goal. Milan should center their game around him more.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 06:47:48 PM »

C. Ronaldo is not a very intelligent player in my opinion. He dribbles too much, until either he gets fouled, loses the ball, or has to pass it back. As soon as he get the ball is automatic dribbling...and teammates does be wide open waiting for him to pass the ball. A tendency to dive too. I will give him props for his assist today though, but otherwise he was being his usual self. He lucky he young so he can learn the game more.

Kaka is wiser. Kaka not only has footballing feet but footballing brains: creativity, imagination, finesse and always an eye for goal. Milan should center their game around him more.
i arree kaka is a better all aroudn player
and have more common sense.

ronnaldo have bag ah skill but lord fadda..everything is a flick and a skip one ah dese days he go trip he self..lol
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 06:50:14 PM »

Couldn't agree more - Kaka is just the complete player - can shoot and pass brilliantly with both feet. He runs so hard all game and even if he's having an off game in terms of touch he makes up for it by running more and harder. He is so much more complete  than CR it's really not a contest in my mind

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 06:52:35 PM »

i arree kaka is a better all aroudn player
and have more common sense.

ronnaldo have bag ah skill but lord fadda..everything is a flick and a skip one ah dese days he go trip he self..lol

yeah man to me that is pretty much de bottom line

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 06:56:39 PM »

I hear yuh...buh check how much goals CR have dis season and then check how much assist he have to go wid it...he is not as selfish as some people make him out to be...doh let the diving cloud yuh judgement  ;D

Big Up!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 06:59:43 PM by DeSoWa »
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 07:10:59 PM »
DeSowa is right, CR is not as selfish as ppl make him out to be. He is the sole reason IMO that Man Boo is leading the premiership this season, his goals and assists have them on top, he has definitely grown and matured as a player.

That being said, I still give the adge to Kaka right now, just because of his football intelligence. Grande man said it right, he plays just as much with his brain as he does with his feet, and he has the technical ability to match his imagination.

Watch out for CR tho, if he matures even more and plays a little bit more with his head, I think he would be better than Kaka
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 07:19:34 PM »
 C.Ronaldo not even in Kaka book far less the same page...Kaka is pure class...C.Ronaldo having a great a season right now but he no way as influential as Kaka...Kaka could take a team on his back and come up with the goods...To me its no comparision...C.Ronaldo is nothing to Kaka...Allyuh studying the assist C.Ronaldo had today...Study the goal Kaka score today under greater pressure...Hopefully AC meet Man U and we will see the contest
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 07:22:42 PM by Ponnoxx »

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 07:40:26 PM »
DeSowa is right, CR is not as selfish as ppl make him out to be. He is the sole reason IMO that Man Boo is leading the premiership this season, his goals and assists have them on top, he has definitely grown and matured as a player.

That being said, I still give the adge to Kaka right now, just because of his football intelligence. Grande man said it right, he plays just as much with his brain as he does with his feet, and he has the technical ability to match his imagination.

Watch out for CR tho, if he matures even more and plays a little bit more with his head, I think he would be better than Kaka

Trinikev I agree if C. Ronaldo matures more he'll be a better player than he is now, but remember Kaka will also be maturing at de same time, from what he is now...so ultimately I doh think my vote will change  :beermug:

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2007, 07:48:33 PM »

couldnt say it better my self
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Papachunks

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 07:56:56 PM »
Well dere really is only one way to settle it, Milan vs. Manchester Champions, Ronaldo will raise his game for it, he needs that kinda challenge.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 08:06:24 PM »
I giving Kaka the edge because he has consistently been the better player up until WC 2006. Since then, CR has taken center stage.
C Ronaldo is in better form. I always liked him even when he was getting stick for diving, but lately, his play has been superior to just about every baller on the planet, including Kaka. But the same could be said of Kaka up until the WC when he was probably the best player at Milan and on the Brazil squad. Kaka started the WC well and scored a sweet goal against Croatia. But he also got injured in that game and played on despite his injury and faded badly in the tournament. So many of the Brazilians have been slow to recover from the disappointment of WC 2006. But Kaka is showing signs and is almost back to his best for Milan. This Is C. Ronaldo break out year as far as the EPL is concerned. His performances for Portugal have been eye-catching since Euro 2004. I real like both players but the kind of goals Kaka scores and some of his attacking play in the most notorioulsy defensive league is amazing. His goal against Argentina in the friendly at the Emirates. You have to admit...not too many players could do that. OR the pass to Crespo in the CL final that Liverpool won. Unreal. It is just a matter of personal preference I guess. Both are pure class though.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007, 08:09:59 PM »
You could choose either one depending on your taste. One is a classic winger the next is a central playmaker. You could say that Kaka looks more classy and I could say that Ronaldo is more powerful or explosive.

Ronaldo's job is to beat men, pressure teams with pace and put in crosses and get goals. Kaka's job is different. I would say that Kaka CANNOT do what Ronaldo does and it would be a waste of his talents to try. Ronaldo may not have the disposition to play Kaka's role and he definitely doesn't have experience playing the role. Also it wouldn't be the best use of his abilities. Remember the reason wingers are fast and play out wide is because that is where the space is.

Saying Ronaldo is less of a player than Kaka, based his style of play, is like saying that John Terry is less than Deco. Now if he wasn't good at what he does that would be a different story but the man is one of the best wingers in the world so he can't be that bad.

Also most of the Ronaldo knockers are basing their assessment on past performance and certainly not on current form. He has been very unselfish this season and he is reaping the benefits. For those who say that he has no end product and has been figured out look at the fact that he has increased his goals and assists every season. He is developing well.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 08:40:56 PM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 08:14:35 PM »
Both players are very good at what they do, they both work hard, have good individual skill and technique and they both benefit from a bit of the "great white hype" attention.....(especially Kaka).....so at the end of the day it's really six of one, half a dozen of the other....

In different situations and different parts of the field, they would each have their moment to shine.....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2007, 08:16:31 PM »
de underrated quaresma
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2007, 08:19:35 PM »
I guess this is the emotional response column... how do you compare a winger with a midfield player ? is it who has the most goals, assists dribbles ?
unless you establish a criteria then its the oranges vs apples syndrome isn´t it ?
So when they meet ...what decides the better player again ?
Has anyone compared Ronaldo with quaresma ? These for me are the two best wingers in world football at the moment...lightening fast, score goals, fancy dribbles and a bit of style to go with all this ...does that mean that they are better footballers than Eissen for example ? he is less fancy, scores less goals, does less dribbles ????
So you see without a criteria its just you against me and that has as many verdicts as there are people with computers !

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2007, 08:24:15 PM »
feck all u ronaldo haters he is d best  ;D i say so  :P
Youtube Channel

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2007, 08:28:10 PM »
I guess this is the emotional response column... how do you compare a winger with a midfield player ? is it who has the most goals, assists dribbles ?
unless you establish a criteria then its the oranges vs apples syndrome isn´t it ?
Has anyone compared Ronaldo with quaresma ? These for me are the two best wingers in world football at the moment...lightening fast, score goals, fancy dribbles and a bit of style to go with all this ...does that mean that they are better footballers than Eissen for example ? he is less fancy, scores less goals, does less dribbles ????
So you see without a criteria its just you against me and that has as many verdicts as there are people with computers !

alright well if u can't compare them then pretend you are manager of a club team and you have no players yet and you are told you can either buy CR or Kaka as your first player to build your team around. who would you pick?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2007, 08:39:00 PM »

alright well if u can't compare them then pretend you are manager of a club team and you have no players yet and you are told you can either buy CR or Kaka as your first player to build your team around. who would you pick?

Your simplistic analysis reminds me of the schoolboy days when you lined up behind de man who picked you .....  you should remember that it was not always the first pick player´s team which ended up the winner.
I would hope if I was a club manager that i would be given the choice to at least be given the option to select what position i wanted to fill first rather than which player i first wanted on my team. Football is not 1 v 1 but a team game and that is why I said unless you establish a criteria you cant compare the importance of players to a team if they are both very good in their respective individual roles.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2007, 08:48:22 PM »

Trinikev I agree if C. Ronaldo matures more he'll be a better player than he is now, but remember Kaka will also be maturing at de same time, from what he is now...so ultimately I doh think my vote will change  :beermug:

I hear what yuh saying Grande, respeck  :beermug:
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2007, 08:49:56 PM »
Jai is right it is not a simple comparison.

Different managers will also have different philosophies. If you love 4-4-2 you could go with Ronaldo, if you play a different style you might pick Kaka.

Neither player is indubitably a better choice to build a side upon because they are bothe good players with tremendous potential.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2007, 08:50:20 PM »

Your simplistic analysis reminds me of the schoolboy days when you lined up behind de man who picked you .....  you should remember that it was not always the first pick player´s team which ended up the winner.
I would hope if I was a club manager that i would be given the choice to at least be given the option to select what position i wanted to fill first rather than which player i first wanted on my team. Football is not 1 v 1 but a team game and that is why I said unless you establish a criteria you cant compare the importance of players to a team if they are both very good in their respective individual roles.

well sometimes isn't it fun to step back and take the most simplistic analysis? american sportcasters do it all the time and ask who they'll take first in a game of pickup whatever sport- i'm not saying the results of our analysis are anything useful or that we necessarily cast judgement on players because of it - i was just using the poll to merely get a sense of what forumites gut feeling was whether it be driven by emotion or not

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2007, 10:27:44 PM »
I not sure how anyone can answer this question...both players are in impeccable form, and it all comes down to personal preference....yuh could see the epl/man u players picking ronaldo, and the forumites who not biased towards the epl picking kaka or staying neutral...

ronaldo has been in blistering form this season, and IMO he's actually not selfish at all this season and is easily the best player in the premiership...if I was to choose a player based on this season alone I would go with ronaldo (and that hard coming from a diehard ac milan fan)...

but if yuh talking about just picking a player based on all past seasons, KAKA hands down.....
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 10:29:15 PM by lickslikefire »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2007, 10:32:56 PM »
as grande and other men said, kaka defends alot also..ronaldo much less. dat for me is very importnat.
is not like he is larsson who the want up here he is a winger.
what makes me dislike players alot is diving, he does it way to much.
when u ahve all dat skill why dive. also every lil flecking touch he get he does set up eh face liek he wanan cry wah de mc. is nto a bedroom sport
steups
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2007, 11:09:56 PM »
I giving Kaka the edge because he has consistently been the better player up until WC 2006. Since then, CR has taken center stage.
C Ronaldo is in better form. I always liked him even when he was getting stick for diving, but lately, his play has been superior to just about every baller on the planet, including Kaka. But the same could be said of Kaka up until the WC when he was probably the best player at Milan and on the Brazil squad. Kaka started the WC well and scored a sweet goal against Croatia. But he also got injured in that game and played on despite his injury and faded badly in the tournament. So many of the Brazilians have been slow to recover from the disappointment of WC 2006. But Kaka is showing signs and is almost back to his best for Milan. This Is C. Ronaldo break out year as far as the EPL is concerned. His performances for Portugal have been eye-catching since Euro 2004. I real like both players but the kind of goals Kaka scores and some of his attacking play in the most notorioulsy defensive league is amazing. His goal against Argentina in the friendly at the Emirates. You have to admit...not too many players could do that. OR the pass to Crespo in the CL final that Liverpool won. Unreal. It is just a matter of personal preference I guess. Both are pure class though.

some nice memories there

Kaka's pass to Crespo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNM2IKVy0gs

Kaka stretching Messi liver to put Brazil 3-0 up vs Argentina:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL6g_BRM7wg

1]; } ?>