March 28, 2024, 11:15:11 AM

Poll

Who do you think is straight up a better player? C. Ronaldo or Kaka?

Cristiano
17 (35.4%)
Kaka
31 (64.6%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: C.Ronaldo or Kaka?  (Read 11048 times)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: C.Ronaldo or Kaka?
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2007, 11:15:13 PM »
Even though I is ah Man U fan, Kaka is special boy, he does defend, pass accurate, dribble, score goals, mow de field, paint de lines, put up de net, fill de lucozade bottles etc, etc, etc..

Even though this is about 2 players who does play in 2 different positions. I like de Brazilian fuh meh team!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2007, 01:57:34 AM »
For all those who mark Ronaldo as a diver - study how many times he gets genuinely hacked down every game. And how many players does just pelt kicks in his direction in frustration. I am amazed he hasn't been badly injured yet.

In many situations, the only way for him to maintain possession is a) dive and win a foul, or b) keep running, get hacked and win a foul. Personally, I cant blame him for leaping over all dem kicks and stamps.

And since when have we developed this English attitude that dribbling is a problem? As well as being an extremely effective player, the man is an entertainer - the more spanner he share out, the better  ;D

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2007, 02:27:24 AM »
For all those who mark Ronaldo as a diver - study how many times he gets genuinely hacked down every game. And how many players does just pelt kicks in his direction in frustration. I am amazed he hasn't been badly injured yet.

In many situations, the only way for him to maintain possession is a) dive and win a foul, or b) keep running, get hacked and win a foul. Personally, I cant blame him for leaping over all dem kicks and stamps.

And since when have we developed this English attitude that dribbling is a problem? As well as being an extremely effective player, the man is an entertainer - the more spanner he share out, the better  ;D

...........You must be a relative of his.  EVERYBODY in the EPL gets kicked down, that's the nature of the league.  But players like ronaldo, robben and (as much as I hate to admit this) Drogba, go above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to flinging their bodies on the ground.  I would argue with you that Drogba is a player that genuinely gets hacked alot but he can make a meal of it sometimes, but ronaldo is just a plain out and out cheater with his bullshit, and as maybe one or two posters have quite rightly pointed out: he is waaaaaaay too good a player for that type of nonsense to be even necessary and it's bad for the game.  And for all the "goals" that ronaldo have scored this season, how many are penalties that he dove for and converted himself?  Let's start with the Middlesbrough game, if not further back........
    If more referees had the guts to do what is right, like the one in the CL game yesterday, we would then see these players in their best light and be better able to assess who is truly better for one team or another.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2007, 02:55:34 AM »
kaka is obviously the classier more team-oriented player, and could real run at men, but right now in football it eh have no player does get me as excited as CR when he running at men.....yeah he does over dribble and sometimes doesn't pass, and dive, but lord, RIGHT NOW TO ME it eh have nobody more exciting RUNNING at men with ah ball at dey feet....oh and yuh know who too (to a lesser extent), Aaron Lennon, ah know he eh in dem fellahs class?, but he does excite me too, Ronaldhiino use too but ah fine man does be wetting him regularly
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2007, 05:03:34 AM »
CR is a  little too duncy head for me.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2007, 05:59:12 AM »
as grande and other men said, kaka defends alot also..ronaldo much less. dat for me is very importnat.
is not like he is larsson who the want up here he is a winger.
what makes me dislike players alot is diving, he does it way to much.
when u ahve all dat skill why dive. also every lil flecking touch he get he does set up eh face liek he wanan cry wah de mc. is nto a bedroom sport steups

you must hate ronaldinho too then....dat man is cry at every lil touch

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2007, 07:38:17 AM »
as grande and other men said, kaka defends alot also..ronaldo much less. dat for me is very importnat.
is not like he is larsson who the want up here he is a winger.
what makes me dislike players alot is diving, he does it way to much.
when u ahve all dat skill why dive. also every lil flecking touch he get he does set up eh face liek he wanan cry wah de mc. is nto a bedroom sport steups

you must hate ronaldinho too then....dat man is cry at every lil touch
how i go hate rat boy  ;D
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2007, 08:19:11 AM »

duncy = having the ability tuh have defenders back peddlin and pelting wild kick for fear of gettin pass
            settin up countless goals
            being the second leadin scorer in d epl behind a pure striker
and men here does talk bout divin...dat is part of the modern game...deal widd it

CR for fifa player of the year

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2007, 08:24:40 AM »
some nice memories there

Kaka's pass to Crespo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNM2IKVy0gs

Kaka stretching Messi liver to put Brazil 3-0 up vs Argentina:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL6g_BRM7wg

magic....that turn and pass to Crespo. As someone mentioned..both players have different gifts but I will take a player with that kind of vision and poise any day. And the goal against Argentina....hmm.. nuff said. But big up to C. ronaldo as well. He have a few highlight reels that will leave your jaw on the ground. It would be fun to pick a World Under 25 side...it would probably mash up any other world 11.

C Ronaldo, Kaka, Petr Cech, Robben, Robinho, Rooney...the list goes on....sometimes I cannot believe the kind of players who are 24 years old or younger who lighting it up.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2007, 08:25:54 AM »
as soon as yuh say dat

and men here does talk bout divin...dat is part of the modern game...deal widd it

yuh loss all credibility......

diving is part of de modern game  ???....you mad or what.....

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2007, 08:35:47 AM »
as soon as yuh say dat

most of your favourite players are guilty of it.....men know how tuh create the contact and they know how tuh react after they get touch..............flop......that is how it is ;D

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2007, 09:07:32 AM »
as soon as yuh say dat

Sadly, the reason it seems that diving has become part of the modern game is only because the governing bodies and the referees are not doing the slightest thing to curb it.  If more referees would punish players for "simulation" we would have less of it in the game.  Plain and simple.

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2007, 09:35:15 AM »

will have to say kaka is the better all rounded player. on an off the pitch to

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2007, 09:47:54 AM »
Both players are very good at what they do, they both work hard, have good individual skill and technique and they both benefit from a bit of the "great white hype" attention.....(especially Kaka).....so at the end of the day it's really six of one, half a dozen of the other....

In different situations and different parts of the field, they would each have their moment to shine.....

way to take a stand kicker

Anyway, RIGHT NOW,
nobody touchin CR. If you don't like the way he plays right now you just biased against Man U.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2007, 09:51:10 AM »
I love Man u Christiano have skills but he's not the smartest player and a ball ho Kaka anyday that is a midfielder with vision and class

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2007, 11:02:47 AM »

duncy = having the ability tuh have defenders back peddlin and pelting wild kick for fear of gettin pass
            settin up countless goals
            being the second leadin scorer in d epl behind a pure striker

CR for fifa player of the year
I never said that the man wasn't very talented. What I meant is that with all that talent he still makes bad decisions. He is young player and will probably improve further.I think Kaka is more intelligent than him.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2007, 11:05:18 AM »

You know those guys off the pitch ?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2007, 12:41:05 PM »
some nice memories there

Kaka's pass to Crespo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNM2IKVy0gs

Kaka stretching Messi liver to put Brazil 3-0 up vs Argentina:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL6g_BRM7wg

magic....that turn and pass to Crespo. As someone mentioned..both players have different gifts but I will take a player with that kind of vision and poise any day. And the goal against Argentina....hmm.. nuff said. But big up to C. ronaldo as well. He have a few highlight reels that will leave your jaw on the ground. It would be fun to pick a World Under 25 side...it would probably mash up any other world 11.

C Ronaldo, Kaka, Petr Cech, Robben, Robinho, Rooney...the list goes on....sometimes I cannot believe the kind of players who are 24 years old or younger who lighting it up.

I belive a BIG Problem for a lot of these young guys is that they start so young and play so much high level ball at a younger age that in addition to peaking earlier they also start fading earlier.

But dred I didn't realize that Cech is a youth.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2007, 12:41:36 PM »

You know those guys off the pitch ?

Sound like he pitch marbles with both a dem

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2007, 01:13:31 PM »
I'll give it to Kaka right now but i see bigger and greater things in the future of Christiano Ronaldo, he just needs to be cautious if he makes a team move this summer cause it may wreck a promising career.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2007, 04:23:39 PM »
C. Ronaldo having a good season so this talk was bong to come up. But man forget Kaka doing the business for a few years now and has proven far more consistent (in one of the toughest leagues in football). At present Ronaldo shining, but Kaka is a far more balanced footballer, that can drop deep create, push forward score, defend and dictate an entire game.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2007, 04:28:15 PM »
If you have a game tonight and had to choose between the two, who would you pick?
I think CR

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2007, 06:03:39 PM »
If you have a game tonight and had to choose between the two, who would you pick?
I think CR
tonight, tomorrow night, Saturday night - any night I picking Kaka

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2007, 07:31:32 PM »
I think CR

Pardnah ah picking Kaka we. Outstanding in the CL this year, the best player in both games versus Celtic and top scorer of CL this season so far.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2007, 02:11:24 AM »
EPL fans say Ronaldo....suprise suprise.

Kaka is a higher class of player than C. Ronaldo.

C. Ronaldo is not a very intelligent player in my opinion. He dribbles too much, until either he gets fouled, loses the ball, or has to pass it back. As soon as he get the ball is automatic dribbling...and teammates does be wide open waiting for him to pass the ball. A tendency to dive too. I will give him props for his assist today though, but otherwise he was being his usual self. He lucky he young so he can learn the game more.

Kaka is wiser. Kaka not only has footballing feet but footballing brains: creativity, imagination, finesse and always an eye for goal. Milan should center their game around him more.

Grande Boy, ah cya believe these fellas went with C. Ronaldo over Kaka. Granted Ronaldo has been impressive but everything you said about him I concur. In terms of his dribbling ability, I see that as being noteworthy when his opponents are english... other than that he does have to suck salt. In Champions league he does not look as impressive as in de EPL. Il take Kaka over Ronaldo any day but dont take my word for it because I will also take Rooney over Ronaldo anyday.... go figure...
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2007, 06:41:07 AM »
EPL fans say Ronaldo....suprise suprise.

Kaka is a higher class of player than C. Ronaldo.

C. Ronaldo is not a very intelligent player in my opinion. He dribbles too much, until either he gets fouled, loses the ball, or has to pass it back. As soon as he get the ball is automatic dribbling...and teammates does be wide open waiting for him to pass the ball. A tendency to dive too. I will give him props for his assist today though, but otherwise he was being his usual self. He lucky he young so he can learn the game more.

Kaka is wiser. Kaka not only has footballing feet but footballing brains: creativity, imagination, finesse and always an eye for goal. Milan should center their game around him more.

Grande Boy, ah cya believe these fellas went with C. Ronaldo over Kaka. Granted Ronaldo has been impressive but everything you said about him I concur. In terms of his dribbling ability, I see that as being noteworthy when his opponents are english... other than that he does have to suck salt. In Champions league he does not look as impressive as in de EPL. Il take Kaka over Ronaldo any day but dont take my word for it because I will also take Rooney over Ronaldo anyday.... go figure...

......some people just prefer style over substance.  Cyah really knock dem fuh dat.  I had to watch that AC Milan-Celtic game TWICE yesterday, is how brilliant a game Kaka had.  The man makes some passes that are just sublime and head and shoulders above anything that c. ronaldo does at the club level.  He did have a masterful game when Portugal defeated Brazil the other day, but he doesn't do anything above and beyond the trick-pony show he puts on in the EPL (something Ronaldinho was labelled as doing some time ago):   the same step-over or two, a burst of speed (sometimes painting himself into a corner) a dive for a free kick/penalty , a goal.  There will always be a market for that in today's game, I guess, but the boy does have enough talent to take him on another level.  A different coach/team is needed to get him to thinking on that level.

Offline Papachunks

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2007, 05:49:31 PM »
Here dis one....put CR in the italian league and dere he will learn what he needs to about intelligent passing and tactics.

Ironically, he will also go to the league that patented, and started diving. Dem italians love drama and show too much, but dat is where he will get a more intelligent game at this point.

1]; } ?>