April 19, 2024, 03:51:40 AM

Author Topic: NE-AN-DERTHAL  (Read 11318 times)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
NE-AN-DERTHAL
« on: March 07, 2007, 08:14:43 PM »
Today i had a conversation with a co worker, he said that man once walk on all fours and as time went by he started walking upright. i disagree. i believe a baby walk on all fourz untill he or she can stand and walk upright. ah dont know if alyuh could remember the family in one of those state walking into the city  on all fourz. wah alyuh think .   
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

TTFF_saddist

Re: NE-AN-DERTHAL
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 10:09:10 PM »
Long time lurker, first time..well second time poster.

Your friend is quite right.

Evolution is real.  Everything includung man eveolved.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 12:06:02 AM »
Evolution according to whom darwin or natural selection or change in land scape and climate? the little that i know about evolution is from documentaries or a scientist called Haroun yaya. and what i gather was that no specie can evolve into another specie. it's virtually impossible. darwin claimed that man evolved from a sea creature to primate then to a Neanderthal them to a hominid or man, which has been blown out the water by the advent of DNA and the increasing knowledge of the cell.the cell is so amazing and overly complexed that there is no way it could've came into being on it's own.and DNA even more so compexed. but as with every thing there still scientist who hold fast to darwin's  theory turning a blind eye on the evidence of DNA even though darwin was not a scientist but an explorer.  I think DNA was GOD sent.         positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 12:56:27 AM »
Evolution according to whom darwin or natural selection or change in land scape and climate? the little that i know about evolution is from documentaries or a scientist called Haroun yaya. and what i gather was that no specie can evolve into another specie. it's virtually impossible. darwin claimed that man evolved from a sea creature to primate then to a Neanderthal them to a hominid or man, which has been blown out the water by the advent of DNA and the increasing knowledge of the cell.the cell is so amazing and overly complexed that there is no way it could've came into being on it's own.and DNA even more so compexed. but as with every thing there still scientist who hold fast to darwin's  theory turning a blind eye on the evidence of DNA even though darwin was not a scientist but an explorer.  I think DNA was GOD sent.         positive.

::)

Another intelligent design proponent is see, the problem is that there's nothing intelligent about it.  Faith-based science is no science at all.

It's too late for me to debate the DNA issue but I'll say this;  Just because something complex is not completely understood does not mean that there is a mystical reason for it.  The role of God has diminished over the years as science has increased it's understanding of the universe and at every step Religion has opposed it. 

Why?  Because as man gains knowledge the power of religion is diminished.

There was once a time when seizures were believed to be a result of demonic possession.

To clarify one thing;  We didn't evolve from Neanderthal man, we (homo sapiens) coexisted with them and either killed them all or interbred with them causing them to disappear.  Furthermore mankind never crawled on the ground, our distant ancestors did.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 02:59:15 AM »
And creation never happened. ::)
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 01:23:16 PM »
And creation never happened. ::)

God created Science  - -God and science are not mutually exclusive
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 01:33:33 PM »
read angels and demons

god and science could co-exist

well doh go too deeps into de book but de concept is exceptional
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 08:47:32 PM »
Imagine that instead of God creating the physical existence we know directly he/she created an embryonic universe and in this universe he/she set rules in place to govern how things work, rules called Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.

Now imagine that he/she put mechanisms in place that within the guidelines of these rules that would govern the manner in which life arose within this universe, mechanisms governing the formation of galaxies, stars, planets and one for the formation of life on planetary bodies called Evolution.

Imagine that once that this was done he/she sat back (in an abstract sense) and allowed the universe to unfold according to these rules and mechanisms that he/she set in place and the fruition of this was the coming into being of creatures that would turn away from the important task of survival for a moment and wonder where it all came from.

Imagine that he/she thought it was good.

Sound far fetched?  The funny thing is that no hypothesis/belief/doctrine God can ever be proven so I may have just explained the meaning of existence for you in a few hundred words OR I'm completely and utterly wrong and the proponent of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster are in fact correct or the Catholics, Buddhists, Muslims or any one of the many belief systems are right.

OR that they're all completely wrong.

Or perhaps that each one of them has a small bit of the truth and that the only way to truly understand God's plan is to understand all views of him/her.

The fact is that each man's view of the universe is different and with it his belief in God is equally as different.  It may be very similar to another who reads the same religious/scientific texts or worships at the same church but it is never exactly the same from one person to the next.

The fact is that one's belief in God is a deeply personal and the only doctine you can follow is to live the best life you possibly can.

Think about it.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 09:13:56 PM »
If yuh believe in evolution then did yuh ever see ah horse grow wings and fly or did yuh ever see ah turtle leave its shell and fly in the air
like a bird ?  i believe spieces doh evolve into nottin else,spieces may adapt and ajust to conditions in the enviroment in which they live .
a worm will never grow to be a snake. or a lizard ah aligator etc, etc, evelution suppose to be continous and if for some reason you know of any thing that evolve please feel free to let me know ,the creator did a perfect job weather we like it or not.    

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 09:21:38 PM »
If yuh believe in evolution then did yuh ever see ah horse grow wings and fly or did yuh ever see ah turtle leave its shell and fly in the air
like a bird ?  i believe spieces doh evolve into nottin else,spieces may adapt and ajust to conditions in the enviroment in which they live .
a worm will never grow to be a snake. or a lizard ah aligator etc, etc, evelution suppose to be continous and if for some reason you know of any thing that evolve please feel free to let me know ,the creator did a perfect job weather we like it or not.    

yuh ever see ah human sprout winhgs and fly?

Da is exactly hte BS dey does teach yuh in bible school.

listen breds, believe what yuh want eh, I go do de same.

How come de white man God look jes like he, de Indian God look like he, de chinee God look like he but de black man God look like...????????

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 09:58:51 PM »
Did i ever say that i believe in evolution ,never did i tell yuh dat yuh should believe in the bible no i never did , i never see ah whiteman god yet , ah indian god yet , ah chinee god yet ,ah saw pictures of things people say iz god ,i will never ask yuh to believe in anything, you believe in wah you want breds yuh free to do dat, by the way if yuh see any one ah dem gods yuh talking bout pleaze feel free to show me .thanks in advance.   

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 10:09:33 PM »
like a bird ?  i believe spieces doh evolve into nottin else,spieces may adapt and ajust to conditions in the enviroment in which they live .

Evolution is a process that takes place over many thousands of generations which depending on the life cycle of the organism in question could take thousands of years (in the case of mammals), decades (in the case of insects) of a few years (in the case of bacteria).  It can be caused by phsyiological changes in response to environmental factors or by mutation.

When I studied Agronomy we were taught that it was important to rotate the use different types pesticides because if you use a single type the insect pest would develop an immunity to that pesticide. In other words the insects over many generation evolve into a type that is resistant.  The some occurs in hospitals were infectious bacteria have developed immunity to antibiotics.

There have been no reports on the creator being seen in fields or hospitals creating these new organisms in his perfect way.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 02:12:27 AM »
Panther x i think the word you meant to use was adaptation. living creatures adapt to their environment and in some cases even building up immunities to organisms that prove fatal to their predecessors.lets just keep it simple and not get to complicated. evolution is a theory and nothing more,and it bares the same semblance as religion same format same fanaticism and to make matters worst these science thumpers mainly physicist who hold fast to Darwin's theory even though it's been out dated and rendered obsolete with the advent of DNA and other scientific discoveries are just as stubborn and in denial  as born again Christians. exactly the same format that is used by mechanical engineers to expound on machinery, the same goes for the scientist. science is just a complicated way to explain how the universe works and yet still alot of it is theory not exact science anyway. the ancient greek or geeks as i like to called them, were the first people in recorded history to ad hear to the theory of evolution the same greeks who flocked into ancient Egypt to learn from a people with superior advanced knowledge in science technology mathematics and medicine. these Egyptians were master land and sea navigators as well as master builders and astronomers. and these great scientific minded people believed in divinity and strongly based their whole lives on that concept, even in the after life. now tell me if i had the opportunity to follow one or the other, guess who I'm following.....(  must Egypt )... meh boi don't believe the hype. GOD is the biggest scientist, since life it self is science.         positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2007, 04:58:41 AM »

Everyday as I live and breathe I see my lizard grow into a snake of amazing lenght and girth.
Yes sah I believe in evolution and so do my ex-wives.  :D :D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 08:11:23 AM »
Panther x i think the word you meant to use was adaptation. living creatures adapt to their environment and in some cases even building up immunities to organisms that prove fatal to their predecessors.lets just keep it simple and not get to complicated. evolution is a theory and nothing more,and it bares the same semblance as religion same format same fanaticism and to make matters worst these science thumpers mainly physicist who hold fast to Darwin's theory even though it's been out dated and rendered obsolete with the advent of DNA and other scientific discoveries are just as stubborn and in denial  as born again Christians. exactly the same format that is used by mechanical engineers to expound on machinery, the same goes for the scientist. science is just a complicated way to explain how the universe works and yet still alot of it is theory not exact science anyway. the ancient greek or geeks as i like to called them, were the first people in recorded history to ad hear to the theory of evolution the same greeks who flocked into ancient Egypt to learn from a people with superior advanced knowledge in science technology mathematics and medicine. these Egyptians were master land and sea navigators as well as master builders and astronomers. and these great scientific minded people believed in divinity and strongly based their whole lives on that concept, even in the after life. now tell me if i had the opportunity to follow one or the other, guess who I'm following.....(  must Egypt )... meh boi don't believe the hype. GOD is the biggest scientist, since life it self is science.         positive.

You're right but adaptation is closely linked to evolution.  I was trying to show how creatures change in response to environmental changes.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 09:02:24 AM »

Everyday as I live and breathe I see my lizard grow into a snake of amazing lenght and girth.
Yes sah I believe in evolution and so do my ex-wives.  :D :D
hahah god man doh mash up de men and them thread the discussion interesting..lol
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 09:22:00 AM »

A theory is more like a scientific law than a hypothesis. A theory is an explanation of a set of related observations or events based upon proven hypotheses and verified multiple times by detached groups of researchers. One scientist cannot create a theory; he can only create a hypothesis

the reason i posted a defintion because u comepared it to religon. show me empirical evidence for some of the more"hard to conceptualise" claims that has been made by religion.
i recently was listenin to the discovery channel and they were some nerd aka physisicst who was speaking
about the begining of the universe. he said that sicentist now know /understand what ahppend 0.0000000000000001seconds or someassness like dat after the big bang. they know the progression of how the whole thing,universe developed. they dont know how it all started mind you,that escapes them, maybe that is where god came in.
if someone gives me a creation story from then whichexplains what happens right ebfore then..and says look u see god did that... cool. but the creationism of the bible/vedas and the sutras is just mans attempt to justigy his exsistance in a world when he  didnt and couldnt comprehend and understand.  spirituality is real i
think,there is no denying that its in all of us. but religion is man made.
religon also connects all human over space and time. the three monotheistic reliogions are more or less the same jump hi jump low. yet theier fundamental spiritual paths are very similar to hinduism, buddism and even religons from the new world. why is that? i think it is because the basic foundation of religion namely spirituality is common in all humans and binds them.
just my opninion
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 10:38:09 AM »
I'll quote a few statements from "The Science of Good & Evil" by Michael Shermer

We cannot prove or disprove God's existence through empirical evidence or rationale analysis.

From a scientific perspective, theism and atheism are indefensible positions as statements about the Universe

Therefore, individuals must act on a personal belief or disbelief (as stated by others in this thread)

Personally, I choose to believe.  This belief in God is based on faith.

Here is my logic based on trying to live a moral life:

1) If I choose to disbelieve and God does not exists, I am no worse off.

2) If I choose to disbelieve and God exists, then who knows what will happen - could be bad or neutral or good.

3) If I choose to believe and God does not exists, I am no worse off.

4) If I choose to believe and God does exists, I would like to think that I will benefit in the end.

So from a purely rationale and selfish perspective, Number 4) is the only logical choice for me.  The other three options, are at best, neutral.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007, 10:39:51 AM »
I'll quote a few statements from "The Science of Good & Evil" by Michael Shermer

We cannot prove or disprove God's existence through empirical evidence or rationale analysis.

From a scientific perspective, theism and atheism are indefensible positions as statements about the Universe

Therefore, individuals must act on a personal belief or disbelief (as stated by others in this thread)

2) If I choose to disbelieve and God exists, then who knows what will happen - could be bad or neutral or good.

4) If I choose to believe and God does exists, I would like to think that I will benefit in the end.

So from a purely rationale and selfish perspective, Number 4) is the only logical choice for me.  The other three options, are at best, neutral.

morailty and belief in god is mutually exclusive p

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2007, 10:42:04 AM »

why?

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2007, 10:44:17 AM »

why?
when you say god do u mean a monotheistic good...ah cristian god?

also morality seems ot me an innate human trait. dont people who have no concept of god as we "know" him inbued with  some sense morality we can relate to.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2007, 10:56:49 AM »

When I say, God, I mean whatever that mean to who says it .. could ne monotheistic, could be poly .. does not matter.

also morality seems ot me an innate human trait. dont people who have no concept of god as we "know" him inbued with  some sense morality we can relate to.

Check out the book "The Science of Good and Evil".  Shermer in his book claims that morality is a product of our evolution.  We needed morality to survive as a species.

He tried to explain why people cheat, gossip, care, share and follow the golden rule.

He concluded that he was neither a atheist nor a theist.  But Rather,  a "Nontheist" .. but he lost me there.  Coudl not discern the difference bewteen a nontheist and an agnostic.

Regardless of religion, on the whole, society trys to regulate it self with a moral system.

So it comes back to my premise .. It does not hurt me personally to believe.  And I find comfort in believing that somewhere, somehow, a "God" exists that created the Universe.  It is beyond my comprehension to believe that we were not created.  And I eh talking about intelligent design - I do not buy the argument proposed by that group.

I believe God created a set of rules upon which the universe developed.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2007, 11:09:06 AM »

When I say, God, I mean whatever that mean to who says it .. could ne monotheistic, could be poly .. does not matter.

Check out the book "The Science of Good and Evil".  Shermer in his book claims that morality is a product of our evolution.  We needed morality to survive as a species.

He tried to explain why people cheat, gossip, care, share and follow the golden rule.

He concluded that he was neither a atheist nor a theist.  But Rather,  a "Nontheist" .. but he lost me there.  Coudl not discern the difference bewteen a nontheist and an agnostic.

Regardless of religion, on the whole, society trys to regulate it self with a moral system.

So it comes back to my premise .. It does not hurt me personally to believe.  And I find comfort in believing that somewhere, somehow, a "God" exists that created the Universe.  It is beyond my comprehension to believe that we were not created.  And I eh talking about intelligent design - I do not buy the argument proposed by that group.

correct me if i am worng but isnt that kind of what i was saying.
1. we need a higher being to jusity out existence
2.our morality is innate...u used evolution, i said innate?

also..if your to belive as u do..in god..th ultimate being...to use st anslem "a being greater that than which cannot eb thought" then shouldnt your belif be mired in unequvocality rather the inability to prove otherwise.

it shouldnt be i believe by de fault or well i cannot disprove and it wont hurt. if that is the case then i cant see how usign thos reasons you can truly believe in your heart wiht out any doubt.

god dont work by default...
now i eh fighting you down p..
i jus tyring to understand.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2007, 11:38:42 AM »

also..if your to belive as u do..in god..th ultimate being...to use st anslem "a being greater that than which cannot eb thought" then shouldnt your belif be mired in unequvocality rather the inability to prove otherwise.

it shouldnt be i believe by de fault or well i cannot disprove and it wont hurt. if that is the case then i cant see how usign thos reasons you can truly believe in your heart wiht out any doubt.

it took me years of trying to understand and I still eh there yet.

On a scale of 1 to 10 measuring the progress of my spiritual journey and understanding, I feel I only at 1.5.

I started off at a default position, but have gone beyond that now.  It comes down to faith.

We DO NOT need a higher being to justify our existence.  It jess seems to be the most logical choice for me.

Morality is not inate. What worked in a population of 150 individuals no longer works in a population of a 150,000 ppl.  As human society evolved, we moved from small groups (less than 150 to larger and larger groups.

For ex: gossip, as a means of regulating behavior, will work in a small group as every body knows each other.  As the groups got larger, gossip was no longer effective because you became more anonymous.  This is jess an ex of how thing change.

At the end, it comes down to faith.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2007, 11:40:58 AM »

it took me years of trying to understand and I still eh there yet.

On a scale of 1 to 10 measuring the progress of my spiritual journey and understanding, I feel I only at 1.5.

I started off at a default position, but have gone beyond that now.  It comes down to faith.

We DO NOT need a higher being to justify our existence.  It jess seems to be the most logical choice for me.

Morality is not inate. What worked in a population of 150 individuals no longer works in a population of a 150,000 ppl.  As human society evolved, we moved from small groups (less than 150 to larger and larger groups.

For ex: gossip, as a means of regulating behavior, will work in a small group as every body knows each other.  As the groups got larger, gossip was no longer effective because you became more anonymous.  This is jess an ex of how thing change.

At the end, it comes down to faith.

totally argree faith.
but for me spirituality trumps any religion.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2007, 11:46:34 AM »
yuh notice that I eh talking about religion.

I talking about spiritually  - -not unlike what you said

There are many paths to God.  If one religion works for you and not at the expense of by standers, then I wil respect your right to that belief.

If on the other hand, a religion ends up hurting others in the process, and that is the only way and every body else is wrong, then I have a big problem wid that.

My God is an inclusive God.  And in my belief, God created a Universe to operate on set of rules.  If God intervenes all the time to "correct" things, then we are no more than fish in a bowl.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2007, 12:14:32 PM »
yuh notice that I eh talking about religion.

I talking about spiritually  - -not unlike what you said

There are many paths to God.  If one religion works for you and not at the expense of by standers, then I wil respect your right to that belief.

If on the other hand, a religion ends up hurting others in the process, and that is the only way and every body else is wrong, then I have a big problem wid that.

My God is an inclusive God.  And in my belief, God created a Universe to operate on set of rules.  If God intervenes all the time to "correct" things, then we are no more than fish in a bowl.

i hear yuh

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2007, 12:35:45 PM »
Human existence only dates back to about 80,000 yrs, we are fairly new to this, the last specie to arrive on earth, you don't expect man to know every thing about their existence immediately, maybe in time we will find the source of life and know for sure that we are part of a bigger plan, but if you negate, when more evidence comes around then you'd be stuck with your foot in your mouth like Charles Darwin. i believe if you negate you only set your self up for failior. take for instance a1000 yrs ago if you tried to explain aero dynamics, telecommunication or even electricity.you probably would've been killed jailed or branded as a wizard which carried the death penalty back then ,at least you would've been scoffed at and branded as a mad man. but look today it's quite the norm. planes flying above you quite frequently, people with cell phones every where you go, electronics appliances e.c.t. i believe as time progresses we will be enlightened a little more. look how far we came from.             positive

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2007, 10:34:36 PM »
y es cool we are realy part of a bigger picture or plan as u say, and all the imformation iz here,  you know how man iz so headstrong that we prefer to read everything pertaining to the bible execpt the bible, becaz it was written by some white man as they say,yuh know wats funny if one ah dem same man geh ah sudden jabbin pain the   first word comes out they mouth iz  OH GOD OH GOD ah wonder why.  Pantherx ah he/she or she /he iz a man that evolved if yuh doh believe me ask Saddis. 

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2007, 11:27:26 AM »
I used he/she to imply that god's sex is unknown not that....it....is a transsexual.

In fact I'm inclined to think that God is neither male or female but pushed to choose I would bet that God is in fact female.

By default nature is female, it's takes an additional chromosome for males to exist.  There are no species that are predominantly male however many are predominantly female.  Social insects are all female with a single male providing the genetic material needed for the hive to propagate. 

The most important role of us males is to provide genetic diversity for our species everything else is either secondary or designed to ensure that the genetic material we pass on is of the best quality (as is the case where males fight for the chance to breed).

Humanity is the only species where it's males have systematically tried to downplay the importance of it's females, ESPECIALLY in the case of Religion.  In religion women are cast as unclean and deceivers, their roles are either removed or diminished in religious texts and the power is reserved for males alone.

For example recent discoveries have indicated that Mary Magdalene was in fact an one of the apostles is described as the Savior's beloved, possessed of knowledge and teaching superior to that of the public apostolic tradition.  Her role was edited to that of a prostitute and minimized and her gospel (the most esoteric of all) removed entirely.  Another example is the role of women (or lack thereof) in Islamic society.

The only reason we believe that god is male is down to centuries of propaganda.

1]; } ?>