April 16, 2024, 10:05:31 AM

Author Topic: Yorke announces international retirement  (Read 22313 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke announces international retirement
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2007, 10:54:48 AM »
This is the 3rd or 4th time yorke retire from TnT.

I wish i could collect a retirement tax for men who retire and then come back to play.

Good job Yorke and Good luck with life after football
the man coming back have faith he jus want time off from d shit tht happening but he cah say tht, so he say he retiring i would get fedup to.  ;)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2007, 10:58:59 AM »
if allya, who saying that Mr Yorke has retired many times before, would do some RESEARCH just on this football forum alone, you will understand that the TnT players have had to deal with alot of unnecessary hurdles, limbo bars and other obstacles that the people in the TTFF have been constantly been putting in front of our players for years. I sure Dreamer has provided HALF of what allya need to know about. Check some of his threads.
Do some research please and
Thanks to ALL.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2007, 11:08:31 AM »
if allya, who saying that Mr Yorke has retired many times before, would do some RESEARCH just on this football forum alone, you will understand that the TnT players have had to deal with alot of unnecessary hurdles, limbo bars and other obstacles that the people in the TTFF have been constantly been putting in front of our players for years. I sure Dreamer has provided HALF of what allya need to know about. Check some of his threads.
Do some research please and
Thanks to ALL.

brudda, please quit beattin the dead horse with EVERY post you make...we all know your position with JW
take your own adivce and see why he quit in 2000
respect
AS to you Mr Yorke, I thank you for your time with the National Team and wish you good luck  :beermug:

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2007, 11:31:02 AM »
This fella is the only strike that ever put me on my As#$% when I played for soul city and he was playing for Phoenix. I respect that youth. Is amazing to see how much of a leader he has become. I know you will lead Sunderland to promotion. Roy Kean knew what he was doing when he signed you. He knows what you bring on the field and in the locker room. A true leader at best. I was really hoping that we would see you one more time in the goal cup but, what ever you decide to do is ok with all of us. Thanks for making Tobago and Trinidad proud. Good luck "Do flair".

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2007, 11:58:55 AM »
hope stern doh follow suit and resign too. I VOTING FOR CARLOS TO BE THE NEXT TNT CAPTAIN!!!

WHA ALL YUH SAY

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2007, 12:06:48 PM »
hope stern doh follow suit and resign too. I VOTING FOR CARLOS TO BE THE NEXT TNT CAPTAIN!!!

WHA ALL YUH SAY
Yeh i agree he have d talent and experience
Youtube Channel

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2007, 12:29:42 PM »
The man retire twice TOPS...alyuh men could exaggerate eh...but seriously, World Class Player, Thanks for the years....and good luck to Trinderland!!!!

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2007, 01:15:29 PM »
Ah man got to do what a man got to do, his international ambitions have been achieved and i believe his club ambitons now by far out weigh any ambitions the national football team could have let's allow him to end his club career on a high in the epl.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2007, 01:34:06 PM »
Sad news...buh we all know it was inevitable... :beermug: to a great player  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2007, 01:36:12 PM »
Thanx Dwight for de committment for so long.I was one of those on the old forum dat bash yuh after Simoes fiasco.But thanks a lot for leading us to our first world cup.After a while all dis sh!t does wear on yuh from Jack and Sons.Again thanx.  

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2007, 02:26:12 PM »
T & T's loss is Sunderland's gain as I was worried about Yorkie missing important games for Sunderland, imho he has been nothing short of magnificent this season, he started slowly and struggled to come to terms with the Championship but he is God in a Sunderland shirt now

He is the coolest man alive
Roy Keane's Red & White Army

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2007, 02:38:48 PM »
hey cartman...god is russell latapy....and he wears a falkirk shirt....good luck to sunderland...we are all praying for you all...cheers

LATAPY
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2007, 02:54:11 PM »
I surprise he ent retire outright from playing ball. Ah hear de man cry from friday 16th till Ash Wednesday!  :D  How much carnival yuh want a real lime, drinks, and nice woman jumbie to miss? Doh study them Yorkie, retire and use all da big money to run down sketel all over de globe.
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2007, 02:57:58 PM »
Thanxs Dwight as long as I eh get dementure I will neva 4get how I felt when u walked out on that field June 10th 2006. I was there to see it amd my paws does raise everytime I think about it.

All the best 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2007, 03:06:16 PM »
I too doh feel like he done DONE, but just in case. DY yuh place in history booked, and thanks for all you did. :cheers:
BORN TO DO IT

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2007, 03:23:05 PM »
Yorke is by far the most intelligent and composed midfielder dat we was depending on for de gold cup.............right now meh heart still shattered because ah cyah see who could really fill his shoes......ah mean, Denzil developing a similar style, but that experience and respect is ah key factor...........(denzil, Autis, Harddest, Birchall,) tell me who go be de best 2 for dat central position now.....anyway....big up Yorkie, you is world class........and we goh see how de pendulum swing

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2007, 03:45:20 PM »
I too doh feel like he done DONE, but just in case. DY yuh place in history booked, and thanks for all you did. :cheers:

I also feel that when we need him most he will be there again...I guess time will tell. Anyway all de best Captain T&T, and continued success in your future endeavors!  :salute: :salute: :salute:
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2007, 03:50:16 PM »
Well done good and faithful servant

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2007, 04:14:32 PM »

I also feel that when we need him most he will be there again...I guess time will tell. Anyway all de best Captain T&T, and continued success in your future endeavors!  :salute: :salute: :salute:
Its a bird its a plain its SuperYorkie here 2 save d day. He will be back if things goin bad he love we so, doh worry
 ;)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 04:45:16 PM by die hard warrior »
Youtube Channel

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2007, 04:18:42 PM »
Cheers Anna  :beermug: Thanks for the memories. Very proud of this man and his achievements,
boss baller  :applause:  :salute:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2007, 04:51:55 PM »

Coming from a T&T great this is a special compliment. i believe you too made a similar decision to stop when you thought you had achieved all that you could .....
DW ....boss

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2007, 05:34:30 PM »
Lawd..........oh..........Lawd..............Lawd.........ah cayr take it.....

First TTFA suspends we football activity and then Dwight retire!....  :(

Dwight thanks bredda, I was a Man U fan since I was a boy, and when you join dem, it was a youth's dream to see one ah we own repping meh team.

Big up and thanks for all you did to put TnT football on de map and to cement our place in Football History. You are truly a great!    :beermug: (a bass ale for yuh)

I vote for Stern John to captain we. I know man go say I lorse meh mind or I drinking too much but, from all de shite he does take on an off de field from TnT. He is one ah de only man capable of bearing with de federation and de fans.

It will be good to see SJ lead the team in his final days too  ;D

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2007, 05:42:57 PM »
Ok now dat ah compose mih self lil bit,

Dwight you are responsible for some of my most favourite memories of Intercol football at Signal Hill.  That time in de 80's, right around de heady times of the Strike Squad, make mih fall in love wid de game....(ah didn't exactly come out mih mudder belly loving de game).

Aaaahhh....ah seeing it now in my mind's eye like it was yesterday.....and when yuh take off for jolly old England.....and dey announce in school dat we could see yuh mashing up nets on de TV....de WHOLE AH TOBAGO was just so proud.....

*sniff, sniff*   ah getting sentimental again..... :'(

Good luck in every thing you do from here on in...... :beermug: :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2007, 05:50:49 PM »
i bet if all this drama wasnt happening with de football association,  yorke would of never retire. he know what going on and cyah take no more......thats what i think.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2007, 05:55:49 PM »
i bet if all this drama wasnt happening with de football association,  yorke would of never retire. he know what going on and cyah take no more......thats what i think.
I agree with you 100% but i honestly feel if we footbal get sorted out he will come back 
Youtube Channel

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2007, 06:03:34 PM »
Dwight, you helped make one of my greatest dreams come true - Seeing Trinidad and Tobago make it to the World Cup. For this ALONE, I will FOREVER be grateful!!! You played like a TRUE Warrior, and led from in front!! I'd hoped that you would have stayed a bit longer because we (T&T) STILL have to (1) Score our first WC Goal and (2) WIN our first WC game, but THANK YOU for the memories and Best wishes to you in all your future endeavours!!!!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2007, 06:10:45 PM »
All de bess to Yorkie for he years of yeoman service  :applause:

De vampire finally frustrate him into brinkmanship

ah know he commin back doh
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2007, 06:16:49 PM »
Thanks Dwight, wishing you all the best!!

T&T and the Caribbean's  best  ballman ever.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Papachunks

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2007, 06:29:32 PM »
Much thanks to Yorkie....i wouldnt be surprised if he makes another appearance down the road. If latas could, dwight might well do so, and he fitter than the magician. But for real, with both of them gone, with them a whole era.

As for a new captain. I like dawg or lawrence. But i dont feel john can carry a team, though i wouldnt mind him trying, i could be well wrong, and edwards doesnt seem to wield authority. Let dawg call on god to help we team now.

For now it lookin like theobald go have to carry yorke position. I have mixed emotions about dat, but wish him de best.

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2007, 06:36:38 PM »
c'mon yorke , don't do this to us !  ???
  when the f@^k will this entire football mess be resolved?
 its around 20 years i seeing you play-at least ever since i know our national team.
 you should at least play in the gold cup, then maybe decide whether to come with us to south africa! 
        i do see him coming back if we strugglin in  the 2010  qualifiers though ..........

1]; } ?>