April 28, 2024, 12:07:37 PM

Author Topic: Childhood memories...  (Read 70555 times)

Offline socachatter

• ey boy look ah make
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Childhood memories...
« Reply #210 on: March 12, 2007, 04:58:33 PM »
Patrick DuffY

Ah remember thing like telematch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QMGqtlplUg

and Circle Square, A-Team, Magnum P.I., Logans Run (Which I have de DVD and it still bad), 3, 2, 1 Contact, Rockford Files, T.J. Hooker, Quincy M.E. (Which BTW was always before Hulk on ah tuesday), Mork & Mindy, Archie Bunker's Place, The Jeffersons, M*A*S*H, Taxi, Hill Street Blues, Diff'rent Strokes, Barney Miller, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, The Waltons, Fantasy Island, The Dukes of Hazzard, Hart to Hart, CHiPs, The Saint, Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo, Charlie's Angels, Eight is Enough, Lou Grant, Too Close For Comfort, Dark Shadows, Benson  and nuff other shows..... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

oohhh goooooood!  jumbie take win.  buck rogers, eight is enough, hart to hart... yuh real take meh back dere!  and how we could fuhget MASH and Benson?

yes, yes - man from atlantis.  thanks asylum.  17 episodes?  i swear i was watching that fuh bout 3 years.

paper chase and FAME!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 05:01:02 PM by socachatter »
"Moral certainty is always a sign of cultural inferiority.  The more uncivilized the man, the surer he is that he knows precisely what is right and what is wrong.  All human progress, even in morals, has been the work of men who doubted current moral values, not of men who tried to enforce them."

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 12, 2007, 05:34:00 PM »
Phyllis , Rhoda, Mary tyler Moore and The waltons   :-[

ah was wonderin why de ass I use to watch dem chupidness  :-\...den ah remember was only one channel back den

when we did get lil older and dey start to beam music videos down late at night....man use to come to school wit dey eye red from stayin up whole night to watch videos
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 12, 2007, 05:36:09 PM »
Dutty..is dat one only station I think is de reason I get hooked on Indian movies.  Remember when dey used tuh be on TV on Sundays?  Yuh cyar move from in front de TV because yuh cyar listen, yuh have tuh read!! ;D
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 12, 2007, 05:42:20 PM »
Dutty..is dat one only station I think is de reason I get hooked on Indian movies.  Remember when dey used tuh be on TV on Sundays?  Yuh cyar move from in front de TV because yuh cyar listen, yuh have tuh read!! ;D

I only learn to appreciate indian movies when I move up here

I remember dem well back then though...if wasnt ah western playin for family theatre sunday mornin..was ah bollywood movie...too much subtitles to read back then
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #214 on: March 12, 2007, 06:18:34 PM »
aqua man - ent it was the man who end up on Dallas - patrick something?

Socachatter, the series you're thinking of is Man from Atlantis and the actor is Patrick Duffy. Aired on Friday nights? (or was that Hulk?) and gripped us all ... what I didn't know until now (via a quick wikipedia check) is that the series was cancelled after only 17 episodes ... I seem to remember a lifetime of the man breathing under water on TTT...

man from atlantis was big, everybody was trying to do that dolphin flip stroke when they hit the beach.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 12, 2007, 06:36:28 PM »
Abott and Castillo, Emergency, Room 222, Land of the Giants and Garrison Guerillas dem older people use tuh watch Peyton Place, Dr. Kildare and Marcus Wellby

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 12, 2007, 06:40:23 PM »
Land of the Giants!!!

Loved that show and was scared of it too!! When them giants coming! Boy I runnin too!!  :rotfl:
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline johnny_ringo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 12, 2007, 07:11:51 PM »
OH SH!T I JUS REMEMBER ONE BOSS SHOW..... SUPER GRANNY
thats was real boss

remember when gayelle was a tv show not a tv channel.
One of my fondest tnt tv memories had to be seeing the curry tabanca video ....real kicks to see Mighty Trini like a vagarant by the zoo...REAL JONES YES.

OLIVER & DESMONDS!!!! even the yard shows get love. my mexican-american wife LOVE desmonds when we get it here in NY

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 12, 2007, 09:05:27 PM »
Pointman...yuh killin meh.   :rotfl:   :rotfl:   :rotfl:

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 12, 2007, 09:48:40 PM »
Danger Mouse :P :P :P
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 12, 2007, 10:01:19 PM »
Saturday nite theater,always loved them movies ,but always fall asleep .Manimal ,The super hero show,where aliens give him a suit ,but he lose the instructions and always crashing lol ,Had a popular theme song .

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 13, 2007, 08:20:07 AM »
Dr. Who ;D ;D ;D

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 13, 2007, 08:45:11 AM »
Dr. Who ;D ;D ;D

Dr. NO NO NO.  Didn't like dat one at all, at all.  Especially de theme song.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 13, 2007, 09:33:58 AM »
Dutty..is dat one only station I think is de reason I get hooked on Indian movies. Remember when dey used tuh be on TV on Sundays? Yuh cyar move from in front de TV because yuh cyar listen, yuh have tuh read!! ;D

I remember dem well back then though...if wasnt ah western playin for family theatre sunday mornin..was ah bollywood movie...too much subtitles to read back then

Yeah, plus depending on how far back yuh talkin ... reading subtitles was an optometrist's dream .... especially on a black and white TV

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #224 on: March 14, 2007, 11:33:35 AM »
wasn't the bike street hawk?
allyuh remember the show with the family and the lil girl was a robot, that was kicks.
all this goin back back in time an nobody metion panorama & meh boy dominic kalipersad...and dateline with judy & allison. Allison was chunky but coulda get the bone back in the day.
alf the show not the cartoon!!!

I think you're right j_ringo... Street Hawk. Like I get my "hawks" mix up. Yup, I remember the show, but only vaguely.

Community Dateline was one of the most boring things to me growing up. In secondary school I started appreciating it a little bit though.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 14, 2007, 11:41:06 AM »
Dutty..is dat one only station I think is de reason I get hooked on Indian movies. Remember when dey used tuh be on TV on Sundays? Yuh cyar move from in front de TV because yuh cyar listen, yuh have tuh read!! ;D

Yeah, plus depending on how far back yuh talkin ... reading subtitles was an optometrist's dream .... especially on a black and white TV

or when everybody in de picture wearin white!!!!  Lord...

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #226 on: March 15, 2007, 09:48:53 AM »

or when everybody in de picture wearin white!!!!  Lord...
ENT! Oh gorm!  ;D

Offline johnny_ringo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 15, 2007, 12:37:56 PM »
oh shucks how come nobody bring up young & the restless. That was a trini staple for years. i remember meh mother callin meh grandmother in NY just to find out wat happen cause trini was like 2 days behind.

PARTY TIME!!!! de one time i went upper level i stand up fuh bout 10 minutes dreamin i was dancing onstage fuh party time. BIG UP dem dancing groups (it had de group who everybody had ah bald head: and it had de wicked group from san-do)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 15, 2007, 12:54:14 PM »
oh shucks how come nobody bring up young & the restless. That was a trini staple for years. i remember meh mother callin meh grandmother in NY just to find out wat happen cause trini was like 2 days behind.

PARTY TIME!!!! de one time i went upper level i stand up fuh bout 10 minutes dreamin i was dancing onstage fuh party time. BIG UP dem dancing groups (it had de group who everybody had ah bald head: and it had de wicked group from san-do)

Didn't Touches or somebody from de forum dance on Party time? :beermug:

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 16, 2007, 06:30:39 PM »
ok ah takin liberties and changin de ting up lil bit...ah not go take all of dem buh wha bout radio programs...I remember de billy Reese Show, Dave Elcock In the Morning and everybodys favourite Aunti Kay  ;D

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 16, 2007, 09:47:36 PM »
ok ah takin liberties and changin de ting up lil bit...ah not go take all of dem buh wha bout radio programs...I remember de billy Reese Show, Dave Elcock In the Morning and everybodys favourite Aunti Kay  ;D

Yea, I learn to hate Dave Elcock oui.. august holidays done, mother waking me up for 1st day back in school with the raido on..Mr Elcock all hyper that school start back. Boy, I cudda pelt that friggin radio straight in the culvert in the front oui.

I remember getting clout one evening when meh moms was listening her "stories" and I decide I talking when the ting on. I think it was a radio version of a soap that came on twice a day I think.

BTW..one more show to mention (not sure if anyone said it yet)... TRIPODS! gosh that was meh real show on a saturday morning. Ah hear they making it into a movie.

Offline johnny_ringo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 16, 2007, 09:51:03 PM »
YES DREAD TRIPODS WAS DE REAL THING !!!!!!!!!!!

de only thing i remember bout radio was laundry them runnin nuff big tunes on friday afternoons on 96

oh yea nikki's lil segment she had in the mornings at 7:15 used to be kicks too..."AH MONITORING THE SITUATION"

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 18, 2007, 04:32:29 PM »
after seeing Nick Nolte in the strange creatures post how could we forget Rich Man Poor Man.... ;D

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 18, 2007, 07:45:47 PM »
YES!!!    Dave Elcock on 610 AM radio?

what about comics in the Guardian

my favorites were
The Phantom and Mandrake.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 19, 2007, 09:14:20 AM »

my favorites were

yuh mean 610 action radio  ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline johnny_ringo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 19, 2007, 11:34:14 AM »
not really childhood but more teenage years (12-18)...Spend nearly every other saturday in gulf city and inside celebs 2-8. I don't care what any town people say CELEBS in its prime > any other club at that time.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 19, 2007, 12:22:41 PM »
not really childhood but more teenage years (12-18)...Spend nearly every other saturday in gulf city and inside celebs 2-8. I don't care what any town people say CELEBS in its prime > any other club at that time.

POWER STATION at Long Circular Mall was de sh*ts.......Den it was like Mobs and all de others......Never really got a chance to go to Celebs but I'm sure it was bad back in de day :beermug:

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 19, 2007, 01:53:09 PM »
yeah man...celebs was de place...i actually grow up with that place. as a teenager i used to hit 2-8.  as i grow older i used to hit free drinks on a wednesday nite...i remember the first time i went home after coming to the US to study, man i felt like a real celebrity, seeing all the bredren...dang i miss home.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 19, 2007, 02:22:09 PM »

my favorites were

I remember dat!!!  Phantom and Mandrake.

It used tuh have a radio soap opera used tuh come orn on Sundays back before TV days.  De ole brain cyar remember de name now.  ah should call meh mudder and see if she remember.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 19, 2007, 09:17:48 PM »

my favorites were

de older heads should remember this...but non ah dem Phantom, Mandrake, Katsenjammer Kids, Dagwood or Dick Tracy couldah beatback, "So Dey Say" in de aaaahhhem Evening News...... ;D

1]; } ?>