March 29, 2024, 02:17:45 AM

Author Topic: Pele!  (Read 7509 times)

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pele!
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2007, 09:15:30 AM »
Pointman,
if u using world cup wins to separate pele and maradonna then put maradonna in the same class as zidane, then it is the case that cafu, mauro, zagalo,zito, djalma santos, zozimo and pepe are betther than zidane and diego because they won more than1 world cup. 

I understand what yuh saying about Pele..I agree that he is the best ever (just my opinion..no right or wrong answer to the best player ever unless yuh tell mih some stupidness like alibey or cristian ronaldo) but diego did his fair share of great stuff..i.e leading napoli to the top in Italy with a bunch of scrubs.  besides careca, alemao, and fernando de napoli there wasnt much else on that team.

I think maradonna will always lose out on the best ever player accolade because of his drug problems, that will always be a blemish on his career... :beermug: :beermug:

What about shear football stats like the ones mentioned in the above article? To me that alone should separate Pele from the pack.

i eh disagreeing that pele is de best, just saying be careful when yuh using stats to support an argument..a pele detractor can argue that pele didnt contribute much to the 1962 world cup win.  personally, i have seen more maradonna games than pele games (seen mostly highlights of pele..i.e. videos) and based on that i would say pele is de boss...i saw clips of pele not scoring goals that were fantastic because the plays he made to  create the chance were simply remarkable.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 09:30:03 AM by real madness »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2007, 09:26:01 AM »
enjoying pele really have nothing to do with dissing diego....two immortals of the game

Maradona don't belong in the same sentence with Pele. :devil:
ah cyar say silent,yuh overbearin,ah feel ah argentine thief yuh gyul from yuh.lol.there is no doubt about pele's skill and genius,the man is ah football god.but comparing zidane to diego,yuh higher than ah kite.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2007, 01:21:26 PM »
enjoying pele really have nothing to do with dissing diego....two immortals of the game

Maradona don't belong in the same sentence with Pele. :devil:
ah cyar say silent,yuh overbearin,ah feel ah argentine thief yuh gyul from yuh.lol.there is no doubt about pele's skill and genius,the man is ah football god.but comparing zidane to diego,yuh higher than ah kite.

ah now saying like Capo dead or what, ah know you would surface sooner or later.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2007, 02:24:29 PM »
ahh  boy Pointman dey cause yuh to go to dip in de archives for dat article, Brilliant!!
ah know real footballers and man who know dey football respect both Diego and Pele, but only men who REALLY know football KNOW dat PELE was/is/forever-will-be de best!! on a related note, yuh could imagine PELE scoring ah goal wid he hand in a big WC game like Diego did and running away and celebrating like Diego did???? sorry eh, but i cyah formulate dat image in meh head (dis is just me eh)....ahh de character of de great Pele.....
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2007, 09:24:12 PM »
The debate goes on and on. they are both great. But they are from different eras. Both are great dribblers. Diego maybe the better midfield play maker, but Pele could carry the ball too. One thing I know,  Diego was not better at headers and bicycle kick. The  other thing Diego has over the King, is that he played in Europe and had all the tv exposure. In Pele's era, Brazilian hardly use to go Europe. That would be sacriligeous. But not now. My sentiments are with Pele, but Diego is very close. Even with all his problem. The debate continues.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2007, 10:43:41 PM »
i aint know if allyuh see this already, but as borat say we--wa-wa-wa!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFgkzOSBA2s

Whey all de Maradona lovers?
Maradona cyar carry Pele's jockstrap. The man was masterful, scoring goals with he right foot, left foot, head, penalty, direct, indirect.
Man getting beat left, right and center,
Pele=Football God...yuh hear dat Capo!! ;D

WHAT!!!

Ah have to concede that de man is ah boss.  He has so much time to play the ball .  touch on like ah boil corn, and he scoring and assisting.  Who really better boy:  Pele or Mara?  This video ain't do nothing to hurt Pele in that debate.  Now somebody bring ah Mara highlight reel.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2007, 11:12:43 PM »
that video nearly make me cry. Pele didn't eat nice at all. Even when you hit him a jam he still getting the lucky bounce. He wasn't a ball ho'...like the ball was a Pele ho'. And after all dat beat is a piping hot bullet. The ball in the back of the net and Pele toe still stick up in de air, leg straight out and his head almost touching he knee. There was a section where they show you the kind of blade dat used to pelt behind Pele. Man pulling down his pants all kinda thing. I read that yellow cards were finally introduced in the 1970 WC after FIFA realize that Pele literally got kicked out the 1966 WC. Not even trying to confirm that at this time of night. Somebody please enlighten me if I wrong. The opposition realize all they had to do was mash him up. Whey!!! And the saddest thing is in those days they did not film many of Pele's games...Unlike modern days where you can see everything Maradona, Zidane, Ronaldo and co. did in their prime...what you see of Pele is just a fraction. There is so much more that will perish with the few that actually got to see it live

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2007, 02:36:06 PM »
The debate goes on and on. they are both great. But they are from different eras. Both are great dribblers. Diego maybe the better midfield play maker, but Pele could carry the ball too. One thing I know,  Diego was not better at headers and bicycle kick. The  other thing Diego has over the King, is that he played in Europe and had all the tv exposure. In Pele's era, Brazilian hardly use to go Europe. That would be sacriligeous. But not now. My sentiments are with Pele, but Diego is very close. Even with all his problem. The debate continues.

This arguement has been used to support Diego's claim to football supremecy(sp) but Pele's Santos use to mash up dem same European teams in Championship matches. The level of football in Brazil in Pele'e era was quite high.

PS

Pele probably would have gone to Europe to play but was prevented from doing so by the Brazilian gov't.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2007, 03:26:47 PM »
For all the people who never really see Pele with Santos. I recommend a video called Pele Eterno.
It shows you Santos and Pele spanking the Champions of Europe at the time, Benfica, Milan and then to show it was no fluke Inter. Back to Back, with Benfica who had killed of the dominance of Real being spanked 5-0 in Portugal  oouch ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2007, 05:53:33 PM »
that video nearly make me cry. Pele didn't eat nice at all. Even when you hit him a jam he still getting the lucky bounce. He wasn't a ball ho'...like the ball was a Pele ho'. And after all dat beat is a piping hot bullet. The ball in the back of the net and Pele toe still stick up in de air, leg straight out and his head almost touching he knee. There was a section where they show you the kind of blade dat used to pelt behind Pele. Man pulling down his pants all kinda thing. I read that yellow cards were finally introduced in the 1970 WC after FIFA realize that Pele literally got kicked out the 1966 WC. Not even trying to confirm that at this time of night. Somebody please enlighten me if I wrong. The opposition realize all they had to do was mash him up. Whey!!! And the saddest thing is in those days they did not film many of Pele's games...Unlike modern days where you can see everything Maradona, Zidane, Ronaldo and co. did in their prime...what you see of Pele is just a fraction. There is so much more that will perish with the few that actually got to see it live

You are correck, man name was Morais, also check out the link for the top ten hard men.
Gentile  of Italy was not easy.
http://worldcup.uk.msn.com/features/top10hardmen/

10 Morais
Portugal's 1966 World Cup team figured if they could stop Pele they could stop Brazil, and so it proved. Mario Coluna was given the man-marking duties on the Brazilian great but it was Morais who decided to give his team one less thing to worry about. A sublime shuffle of the feet from Pele took the ball away from Morais, whose late tackle sent him skyward before tumbling to earth. However, with the ball loose and no foul given, Pele was first to his feet, only for Morais to have a second bite at him, this time taking a shin-high swipe which forced Pele to limp off the pitch and out of the World Cup. Pele swore he would never play in the tournament again but thankfully relented for the 1970 finals in Mexico.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2007, 10:26:42 PM »

You are correck, man name was Morais, also check out the link for the top ten hard men.

10 Morais
Portugal's 1966 World Cup team figured if they could stop Pele they could stop Brazil, and so it proved. Mario Coluna was given the man-marking duties on the Brazilian great but it was Morais who decided to give his team one less thing to worry about. A sublime shuffle of the feet from Pele took the ball away from Morais, whose late tackle sent him skyward before tumbling to earth. However, with the ball loose and no foul given, Pele was first to his feet, only for Morais to have a second bite at him, this time taking a shin-high swipe which forced Pele to limp off the pitch and out of the World Cup. Pele swore he would never play in the tournament again but thankfully relented for the 1970 finals in Mexico.

Man, you eh lie at all, that is an understatement!! After that '82 World Cup, Claudio Gentile should have been charged with assault of the highest degree, and taken directly to jail to take Paolo Rossi's place.  No lie!!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2007, 08:33:51 AM »

10 Morais

Man, you eh lie at all, that is an understatement!! After that '82 World Cup, Claudio Gentile should have been charged with assault of the highest degree, and taken directly to jail to take Paolo Rossi's place.  No lie!!

Yeah boss Gentile was not genteel. ;D

How did they stop Pele in 1966?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LgYDPrF18Q

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2007, 09:36:49 AM »
Gentile rip off Zico shirt in the game yes. Diego take kick and cuff from him.
But I see Mataratzzi do worst than that. Dat is animal. I hope someone really
deal with he

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2007, 11:33:23 AM »
Allyuh accept the facts nah...

Two different men, different teams, different eras, different opponents, different rules, different pitches, different supporting casts....and ah could go on and on.

Accept the two of them for who they are, and what they did on the field nah.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

1]; } ?>