April 27, 2024, 09:03:51 AM

Author Topic: Meet Mariah Shade.  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Meet Mariah Shade.
« on: October 29, 2008, 04:28:34 AM »
Meet Mariah Shade.
By Shari John (Guardian).

Sixteen-year-old, Mariah Shade is the captain of the national Under-17 Girls team as well as her school team, Debe High, which won the T&TEC Secondary Schoolgirls Football League national title, last Tuesday at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella.

Shade is also a member of the Petrotrin women’s football team, where her outstanding performances won her the Most Valuable Player (MVP) award in the National Women’s League. The forward began playing football while in primary school at the age of eight, before graduating to Petrotrin at 14. She is now in form five, preparing for the CXC exam next year.

1. How does it feel representing your country?

It’s a very great feeling to represent the country, especially as captain. And it’s also great having played at the U-20 and senior levels at age 15.

2. Where do you see yourself in the next five years?

Playing professional football somewhere in the world.

3. Why not in T&T?

Because T&T does not have the necessary programmes for developing players to their full potential.

4. What are your future career goals, other than football?

This is a really funny story, but I always wanted to visit the moon. I’ve always liked astronomy and always wondered what was up there.

5. What do you think needs to be done in order to improve football in T&T?

There needs to be more programmes that develop players from the age of five, instead of preparing one or two months before a tournament.

6. What is your greatest challenge?

Balancing academics with sport, I manage pretty okay, though.

7. Who are the most important people in your lives?

God, my parents (Lennox and Pamela Shade), my coaches and some of my friends.

8. Who is your role model?

Zidane, because he’s a very simple player and I like the way he carries himself (minus the headbutt).

9. Have you ever felt like quitting football?

Yes, when training gets really hard.

10. What keeps you from doing it (quitting)?

I just think about where and what I want to be and somehow I find it within myself to give 100 percent.

11. How did it feel captaining your school team, Debe High to victory?

It was a bit surprising, because we went into the match as the underdog team, but everyone played as a team and even though we quarreled among ourselves for the first half, we pulled ourselves together in time for the second.

12. What do you do in your spare time?

I don’t really have much spare time, but usually I’m home doing schoolwork. My mother prefers that I stay home and do something constructive so I don’t have much of a social life.

13. What is your favourite dish?

Lasagna.

14. What type of music do you listen to?

Gospel hip-hop.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Meet Mariah Shade.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 07:20:32 AM »
Youths like that always make you proud and hopeful.  :beermug:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 08:49:52 AM »
A picture would have been nice. It's great to hear about these young up and comers but unless yuh home and getting to see who these people is dey remain names only.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 08:52:54 AM »
Gospel and hip-hop !!! lard !!!!!! de youths no ah days.... they have no culture !!! hip hop... steups....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 12:58:30 PM »
WATCH: Having been out of the game for the last two years with a tailbone and toe injury, National Women's forward Mariah Shade opens up about her struggles.

Guidance, Mariah. Thanks for sharing that! You've been a good servant of the game and even if your playing days were finished yesterday, you would have accomplished more than you likely imagined at 7. For sure you've had an impact on younger players.

You have a polished vibe on and off the field,  so yuh could only win, although you might think yuh losing.

I suss yuh at close range. Winners never quit and quitters never win.  You know your category and from what I saw you have a supportive base around you. Max yuhself and back yuhself.

(When was this injury relative to her stint in France?)

1]; } ?>