April 29, 2024, 01:08:43 AM

Author Topic: Lincoln Phillips talks out.....  (Read 4321 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Lincoln Phillips talks out.....
« on: March 17, 2007, 08:17:21 AM »
Phillips: No damage done by T&TFF move
Source: Trinidad Express

"I think we are on track. I also think we are better off than in the past, in that we have started our preparation immediately after the last World Cup."

Lincoln "Tiger" Phillips, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation's technical director, believes there is no fall-out from the recent shutdown of all football programmes under the aegis of the T&TFF, which closed up shop last week after financier and special adviser Jack Warner said he will no longer fund their programmes, including paying the approximately US$100,000 monthly salary of national team head coach Wim Rijsbergen and his staff.

The situation has since been rectified by Minister of Sport Roger Boynes' announcement on Thursday of Government's decision to release $18 million in funds to the Federation, dependent on approval of the T&TFF's budget.

"I feel we overreact to issues," Phillips told the Express. "If something negative happens, we feel that it's the end of the world, and if we get success, we feel we are great. I feel the Government and everyone in Trinidad and Tobago want this team to do well. I am confident in my people in T&T. We may talk but at the end of the day, it all works out."

Phillips also shared his thoughts on the upcoming CONCACAF Gold Cup, stating it was important that Trinidad and Tobago take their place in the competition, since it will play a major part in developing the national team for the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifiers. "I think it is imperative we take our place and compete. Win, lose or draw is not as important as how we compete. We must ensure that we expose our local players to that level of competition because it is a clear gauge of where we are," said the former outstanding T&T goalkeeper.

At the Gold Cup, Phillips believes at least a quarter-final place appears well within the national team's grasp.

Trinidad and Tobago are grouped with Guatemala, El Salvador and the United States during the preliminary stage of the tournament, which runs from June 6-24, in the United States. The top two teams from each group and the two best third-placed teams move onto the quarter-final stage of the 12-team tournament.

"If we play Brazil and Argentina, it will be tough. But on any day when we play our best football and possess the ball, we are capable of beating Guatemala, El Salvador, USA and those teams," said Phillips.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Lincoln Phillips talks out.....
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 10:00:55 AM »
I can't believe LP see no problem with what the TTFF did and the manner in which they do it. It hard to believe he will publicly make it okay for the TTFF to hold the country to Ransom.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 10:55:15 AM »
The TD is in a difficult position.

He wants to contribute to the football and so he have to put up with plenty shit. At least he is not complicit with them clowns at the TTFF.

I am sure that is is a strained relationship but arguing with the TTFF or trying to force change is not an option because they are all-powerful.

The only thing he could do is try to make peace for everybody or wash his hands of the whole scene and walk away.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 11:32:54 AM »
De man is calm and composed and sees life through the lens of experience and international exposure. He is non-polarizing and mature enough to be adequately diplomatic too. Good fella. Need more like him. Lincoln for TTFF president and whole new dawn awaits us  ;D
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 11:49:10 AM »
« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:32:54 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
De man is calm and composed and sees life through the lens of experience and international exposure. He is non-polarizing and mature enough to be adequately diplomatic too. Good fella. Need more like him. Lincoln for TTFF president and whole new dawn awaits us 

How can a new President come into effect if there is nothing wrong with the current President? Like it was posted in another thread, "we missed the boat" to do something about the TTFF when the Govt paid the money. Everyone agrees that LP is the man to take charge of T&T football, but according to him (LP) it's only a little choppy water, nothing to launch the life boats over.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 01:29:42 PM »
I probably read over the articel too fast. I don't think I read him saying nothing is wrong with the TTFF leadership. What I read him saying is that the fall out with respect to the program is not as great as many believe. Don't look at what he said look at what he didn't say. He didn't say anything that condones the TTFF action.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 01:48:31 PM »
We must ensure that we expose our local players to that level of competition because it is a clear gauge of where we are," said the former outstanding T&T goalkeeper.

a lot of people have personal ties to this dude...and a lot of people have personal ties to fuentes..and dey say is not dem fellas fault what TTFF doin'.  but I loss all respect for this fella here.  doh really matter if you clean out all the henchmen in the mafia and put in a set of priest to do the dutty work...once the same BS goin' on, then the mafia is still the mafia.

The fact that scotland alone was recalled (and he is not the only player in scotland) speaks volumes for what everyone in TTFF knows is the real plan.  And we will never get any news of the TTFF plan from the TTFF media officer.
TTFF trying to marginalize our national heroes in order to cover up their corruption.  How I go support men who playing a part in that?
I plannin' for dem tho.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 05:29:58 PM »
Lincoln should lead the TTFF.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 05:43:09 PM »
Good Evening Guys,
                               First, before we call for elections we must find out the structure of the current TTFF. IF all the voting officers are Jack yesmen, then LP will not be TTFF president.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 08:15:57 PM »
People either showing naiivety or do not know how things work.

Firstly the TD and Fuentes are two different situations, one works for the TTFF, the other doesn't.
Secondly he hsould probaly be the president of the TTFF but it will never happen
Thirdly the current football struccture does not allow for anybody to be elected unless they are hand-picked by Warner.

Phillips is no more playing a part in the TTFF destruction of local football than all the men who on here just bumping they gum and complaining. It seems to me that he is picking his battles and doing what he can to help the football in the limited capacity that he is allowed.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 08:23:17 PM »
We need Lincoln Philips to be on top of the TTFF, not Camps (days is done) and Warner (should stick with running the concacaf, not two things with TnT)

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 09:04:31 PM »
camps is a puppet and guess whos the puppet master
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 02:59:40 AM »
To the fellas who think he should've been openly in opposition to the TTFF. what do you suggest, he cut off his nose to spoil his face to please you! are you going to employ him if he is laid off. then what will that prove, and who is that going to help, certinly not our football, as stated in the previous quote, the man is picking his battles because he's between a rock and a hard place. isn't that obvious.         positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 04:09:46 AM »
Guys remmember the current TTFF structure. I don't think the clubs can vote. Only zones. IF someone knows the present constitution of the the TTFF, please lay it out for the forum.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 04:14:23 AM »
Guys remmember the current TTFF structure. I don't think the clubs can vote. Only zones. IF someone knows the present constitution of the the TTFF, please lay it out for the forum.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2007, 04:31:49 AM »

Firstly the TD and Fuentes are two different situations, one works for the TTFF, the other doesn't.Secondly he hsould probaly be the president of the TTFF but it will never happen
Thirdly the current football struccture does not allow for anybody to be elected unless they are hand-picked by Warner.

Phillips is no more playing a part in the TTFF destruction of local football than all the men who on here just bumping they gum and complaining. It seems to me that he is picking his battles and doing what he can to help the football in the limited capacity that he is allowed.

So who Fuente working for bossman .  ??? ???
Ah thought he is TTFF press officer ? Tell me oh JDB who not naive and knows how everything works.  ::) ::)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 04:33:42 AM by fishs »
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2007, 04:39:04 AM »
I don't know LP personally, but by his actions I can only suspect that he is only trying to do as much as he can in his limited capacity to do all he can for T&T football.  This short interview gives me absolutely nothing that can suggest that he is complicit with the circus that is "the ttff show, featuring jack warner."  People are expecting that LP is going to try to bury jack and/or any of his cronies every chance he gets, but you can't bury people that aren't dead yet and jack is nowhere near the death that T&T football needs in order for there to manifest any new and progressive life.  (and, don't any of you go running off at the mouth accusing me of calling for jackula's assassination eh.  I an only metaphorically speaking) Unless I am totally wrong in my judgement, LP is the man we need on the inside that has our country's future in football on the right path and that can lend some semblance of credibility to an organization that is morally bankrupt.  As some posters have pointed out, the structure of the ttff and the power of jack warner does not allow for the necessary changes to take place the way we would like them to.  All that is left is for us, the ones who ARE actually fed-up with the way that things are to do what we can to help our cause.  One of the things I would suggest would be t start boycotting any directly-sanctioned fifa or ttff games.  The sooner we as a nation and culture can send a clear message to sepp blatter and jack and Co. that we will not accept what they are respectively allowing  to happen to our football and doing to our football, the better things will get for T&T football.  We, as a people, have to let these thieves know that we will no longer support anything that jack warner is involved in or fifa allows him to be involved in, no matter how much the players, shaun fuentes and others may sing his praises.  A well organized  and well publicized boycott of games could be the first step towards sending that message.....but I do understand that, for a myriad of reasons, that is much easier said than done: for starters, this sort of thing takes organization, money, media coverage and SACRIFICE.  I can only wonder to myself how many of us that are talking the talk, are willng to walk the walk by contributing any of these components?

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 06:35:13 AM »

Firstly the TD and Fuentes are two different situations, one works for the TTFF, the other doesn't.Secondly he hsould probaly be the president of the TTFF but it will never happen

So who Fuente working for bossman .  ??? ???
Ah thought he is TTFF press officer ? Tell me oh JDB who not naive and knows how everything works.  ::) ::)

Unless things have changed the TD is not paid by the TTFF, unlike Fuentes, a situation which Jack has stated his displeasure publicly. He basically works around them as much as possible to get a development program going.

The alternative is to do nothing. Changing the TTFF executive is not an option but in his capacity he can at least put forward ideas to the TTFF and hope that good sense prevails once in a while.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2007, 07:13:03 AM »
I can't believe LP see no problem with what the TTFF did and the manner in which they do it. It hard to believe he will publicly make it okay for the TTFF to hold the country to Ransom.

I hate to say this but you don't know what kind of deal went on behind closed doors with lincoln and ttff,one thing we have to understand,this type of ambivalence between two parties is normal for some,but I always say politics without transparency could never be good for the people and country.

In short I'm saying anyone can become a spokesperson or PR agent for the right price,but before I play judge and juror,let me decline to call lincoln anything other than a servant to our nations football.......
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 07:22:14 AM by saga pinto »

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2007, 10:05:57 AM »
i have the greatest  respect for lincoln  philips ,and understand his diplomacy he however needs to understand that evil is allowed to prosper when good men say nothing.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2007, 03:24:17 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I know LP is who we need to help T&T progress, but what I am saying is if Camps, Groden, Jack or any of the other henchmen had made the same statements posts on this thread would have been much different.

1]; } ?>