April 19, 2024, 08:44:31 AM

Author Topic: What was allyuh first concert?  (Read 8250 times)

Offline johnny_ringo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
What was allyuh first concert?
« on: March 19, 2007, 03:16:42 PM »
wat was de first concert allyuh ever went? Every summer throughout the 90's was nuff concert...

first one i went was red rat, main st crew & beenie man in pier 2 in chag

lawd takin the ptsc bus from & to san-do was real drama yes. bus shut down on de highway and thing
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 01:14:40 PM by Tallman »

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
Re: What was allyuh first concert?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 04:20:24 PM »
my first big girl concert was Chaka Khan at Ontario Place...

Offline socachatter

• ey boy look ah make
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 04:29:26 PM »
miami sound machine national stadium!
"Moral certainty is always a sign of cultural inferiority.  The more uncivilized the man, the surer he is that he knows precisely what is right and what is wrong.  All human progress, even in morals, has been the work of men who doubted current moral values, not of men who tried to enforce them."

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 04:53:48 PM »
Foreigner ,national stadium .Won the tixs from Ian "the goose" Ellagor lol .

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 05:23:26 PM »
BT Express in the Grand Stand 197* ;D ... By time the show finish, ah forget who was the openin' act  ;D
Live large and prosper!

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 05:27:48 PM »
It might have been Kisskidee Karavan in the stadium. The Cutty Ranks, Kid n Play and Colour Me Badd was before the Karavan? I trying hard to remember... and I not even that old.  :)

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 07:01:00 PM »
It might have been Kisskidee Karavan in the stadium. The Cutty Ranks, Kid n Play and Colour Me Badd was before the Karavan? I trying hard to remember... and I not even that old.  :)

Bob Marley in de Oval.....allyuh evah see a cloud ah weed? I doh eve think I was ah teenager yet.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 08:05:56 PM »
Pan Oh Rama in de Sah Van AH!!!!
in de 70's
dais concert, Ent ???
i bet I had orn little boy shorts an all  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 08:07:47 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 09:10:16 PM »
Jackson 5 - Grand Stand
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 09:22:20 PM »
sumting in Queens Hall wit meh muddah....steuuuuuuupes ah know ah did fall asleep.

Offline Girl Warrior

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 06:39:00 AM »

Bob Marley in de Oval.....allyuh evah see a cloud ah weed? I doh eve think I was ah teenager yet.

Yes I see a cloud ah weed already... in Skinner Park for the Bunny Wailer concert in nineteen ninety something... Ah doe remember if it was meh first but it ranking as one of meh first. It had a rasta man with a garbage bag full ah weed just sharing out.... fuh free.... i eh lying... and the Police eh do a thing. I was on the outskirts by the track and all yuh seing by the stage was a big cloud ah smoke...
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall... Che Guevara

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 06:55:41 AM »
not sure what year.....mid 90's i think.....the year super cat and fugees came down in de savannah.....

Offline johnny_ringo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 08:15:34 AM »
not sure what year.....mid 90's i think.....the year super cat and fugees came down in de savannah.....

man i still remember that. i was so vex i miss that concert i wanted to cry. Still remember it like it was yesterday...Sunday before school open, listenin on 96, then seeing the pics in the papers next day. I hear the Don Dada come out in all white and mash up de place real bad.

WE CAN was ah next wicked concert...well until the frickin big stampede that nearly run me over  ;D

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 08:45:27 AM »

that concert was sept 8th 1996

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 08:55:40 AM »
wat was de first concert allyuh ever went? Every summer throughout the 90's was nuff concert...

first one i went was red rat, main st crew & beenie man in pier 2 in chag

lawd takin the ptsc bus from & to san-do was real drama yes. bus shut down on de highway and thing

dat concert was borse i remember that well beenieman did all his hits and the big tune foundation they about at least  20,000 people went to that it was colours 10 ah think.. lord and the water colours dat year was bad up at nuts they had 3 levels (the lower car park , the club and the upper car park)  lord ........ but it had real fight that year....... i think that was 1997.....  lord oh yeah and 1997 the brass festival was wicked at PSA about half the people storm da fete jeezan ages ....... not to mention tico in san jaun all night saturday

My first big one was sting in 1995 that when bounty first came to trinidad wicked ...........
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 10:04:28 AM »

that concert was sept 8th 1996

thanks  :beermug:

I couldn't remember de exact date?.....my memory bad  ;D..

from what i do remember super cat mash up dat fete....

I still remember when 1 of de fugee men start playing de guitar with his teeth.....good times....

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 11:01:11 AM »
Ah cah remember is dis was my first on but it was de one dat stand out for me, de stadium was muddy dat night and de line up was
kid n play
cutty ranks
color me bad

Man when Kid n Play came out it was real wildness out in de mud.  Ah man almost hit me a clout for kicking up mud on he pants yes, after dat ah stop dancing hahahahaahh
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 12:59:29 PM »

In Trini Queen

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2007, 01:05:55 PM »
OOOOO LAAWWD I showing meh age with this one, but the first concert I went to was KC and the Sunshine band 78 or 79, in Queens Park Savannah. Also did these

Earth Wind Fire
Kid N Play
Boys to Men
Barrington Levy (twice)
MC Hammer
C+C Music Factory
Patra
Shadow in the Stadium (BOOSSS CONCERT)
Beenie Man
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 01:08:38 PM by grskywalker »

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 01:13:39 PM »

OOOOHHH GGGORRRRM Yesssss how I forget that boy!! Kiskidee was the hottest thing that year 92-93. So much potential and it jus fade away.

General Grant was the man on that album - Shot Call and Pure Hate was the big tunes!
Had a cassette with all of them and ah loss it booy I was real depressed. Anyone have that album from Amar? I would love to get those on mp3

Offline johnny_ringo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2007, 01:32:07 PM »
Ah next wicked concert(i think was 95 or 96) was in de concert capital (savannah) with Faith, Shaggy,Beenie & Wyclef. ONE OF THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2007, 02:19:03 PM »
OOOOO LAAWWD I showing meh age with this one, but the first concert I went to was KC and the Sunshine band 78 or 79, in Queens Park Savannah. Also did these

Earth Wind Fire
Kid N Play
Boys to Men
Barrington Levy (twice)
MC Hammer
C+C Music Factory
Patra
Shadow in the Stadium (BOOSSS CONCERT)
Beenie Man

an yuh miss Jackson 5?
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2007, 02:28:40 PM »
anybody remember when airsupply came down to trinidad 

and no I didn't go to that concert ;D

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2007, 02:32:39 PM »

ent reo speed wagon came down also?
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2007, 03:20:45 PM »
In Trini Queen
Queen bin in TnT?
is endless cyber blows now  :devil: :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2007, 06:03:13 PM »

Steupes....meh gyul did drag meh to dah concert.

Lost in fleckin love.

De tings a man does do eh... ::)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2007, 06:12:01 PM »

yuh lie!!  ;D

first concert for me was Poser in meh primary school bazaar, does that count

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2007, 06:15:50 PM »
the first "real" concert i went to was anthony b somewhere in town, think it was 97. i have a pardna also called anthony and at a certain point he started to scream when anthony b started singing one of his selections (cant remember which). ppl looked at him like he was mad.

i say my first real concert b/c all thru the nineties when i was coming of age my uncle used to have a backyard jam in the back of my grandparents house in marabella on the tuesday before carnival. it was a big fete with all them expatriate trinis, i cant remember which other calpysonians was there but i know for sure iwer and sugar aloes made appearances over the years. i remember one year i shake sugar aloes hand (if you see gold), iwer used to be on the bill long before he start to sing a set of tata. as a matter of fact my uncle told me a few years ago he saw iwer and told him as much ("iwer boy, u singing sh!t)

i used to be stumbling around pres the day after, fuss i was tired.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2007, 08:47:51 PM »
the first "real" concert i went to was anthony b somewhere in town, think it was 97. i have a pardna also called anthony and at a certain point he started to scream when anthony b started singing one of his selections (cant remember which). ppl looked at him like he was mad.

that concert was at the Queen park at  the place where the flee market is/was..
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2007, 06:30:38 AM »

Yes I see a cloud ah weed already... in Skinner Park for the Bunny Wailer concert in nineteen ninety something... Ah doe remember if it was meh first but it ranking as one of meh first. It had a rasta man with a garbage bag full ah weed just sharing out.... fuh free.... i eh lying... and the Police eh do a thing. I was on the outskirts by the track and all yuh seing by the stage was a big cloud ah smoke...

looking back now, i am vex i missed that concert, that time i wasn't exposed to bunny and i didn't know his greatness. that plus the fact that he does not like to tour means i missed a golden opportunity to see him, but say what, such is life. i was in lower six then and a pardna of mine who we used to call 'fergie' went with his dad (who at the time was a dean at st. benedict's) and he said the concert was good but his dad didn't like the fact that it had so much weed in the air ;D

1]; } ?>