April 28, 2024, 04:01:11 PM

Author Topic: Boynes not going up for re-election  (Read 2338 times)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Boynes not going up for re-election
« on: March 20, 2007, 01:01:03 AM »
Trinidad Guardian
Tuesday 20th March, 2007
Rennie Dumas well positioned to contest Toco/Grande seat
BY COREY CONNELLY

LOCAL Government Minister Rennie Dumas has the “full support”of the 24 party groups in the Toco/Sangre Grande constituency in the run-up to the general elections, according to a top party official.

“Mr Dumas has been working in the Sangre Grande area for three years and he also assisted Mr (Roger) Boynes in the last Local Government elections, ensuring that the PNM won all seven seats,” the official said in a telephone interview.

He said Dumas also served as coordinator for the Cumuto/Manzanilla area in the last Local Government elections and was instrumental in establishing URP sub-offices in Biche and Cumuto.

Mr Dumas was also responsible for paving several roads, particularly the Cunapo Southern Main Road from Sangre Grande to Rio Claro,” the official said.

Tobago-born Dumas, a former teacher, is tipped to replace Toco/Manzanilla incumbent Roger Boynes as MP in a region, which has now been split into Toco/Sangre Grande and Cumuto/Manzanilla in the new Local Government arrangement.

Boynes, citing health reasons, decided against seeking renomination.

:

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
Re: Boynes not going up for re-election
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 02:14:03 AM »
While I have criticized him publicly, I do like Rog, and he is a good guy, but I suspect the serious back issues he has (trust me that makes the biggest of men feel very mortal) plus not getting the respect I think he ought to from Manning and co. in that party really let him say "you know what, life is too short to deal with these people and their nonsense."  I commend him on what he has done right while he has been there, and he has done things that have helped sportsmen and sportswomen in the country.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 07:35:05 AM »
Rog is ah true stalwart. He seem to want to make a genuine difference. No malice and contempt in his duties.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 12:55:35 PM »
While I have criticized him publicly, I do like Rog, and he is a good guy, but I suspect the serious back issues he has (trust me that makes the biggest of men feel very mortal) plus not getting the respect I think he ought to from Manning and co. in that party really let him say "you know what, life is too short to deal with these people and their nonsense."  I commend him on what he has done right while he has been there, and he has done things that have helped sportsmen and sportswomen in the country.
Is ah long time I havent seen ato on the site boy...anyway, on the topic, I think he genuinely tried his best as Minister of Sports but as senator Boldon state, too much fight down.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 12:57:56 PM »
Once Stretch stay in local gov't. He cyah fill Boynes shoes in sports so we lookin for a Minister of Sport after election.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 03:58:38 PM »
Rog, is genuine and a true gentleman.... sports will miss him!!!! :beermug: :beermug:

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 05:46:16 PM »
Oh I on here daily, but I know my place - track and field board. LOL
BORN TO DO IT

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 07:31:12 PM »
Oh I on here daily, but I know my place - track and field board. LOL

mr. bolden , i was just wondering yesrterday whether you're still a senator and if so, do you appear regularly in the red house? i know politicians can sometimes be absentees....
     believe it or not , i was planning to actually make this  atopic  since i havent heard much from you. i dont live in trini these days , so i'm not up on everything political.
                                          thank you...

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 08:42:55 PM »
yeah.... very respectable move... however... i still find he's ahd too many funny dealings.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 04:13:38 AM »
I have not been in Senate a total of 3 days for the year. And yes, as of today I am still a Senator  ;)
BORN TO DO IT

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 05:19:50 PM »
Anil Roberts for sports minister :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ;D
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 02:52:58 PM »
Anil Roberts for sports minister :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ;D
he's talk too much shit... and love himself too much... Sometimes I can agree with him, on a rare occasion he'll actually cut the bullshit and get down to some sense... however... if Anil Roberts gets a position like that well... I doh see much hope.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

1]; } ?>