March 28, 2024, 03:02:43 PM

Author Topic: Theobald injured out of Saturday's friendly.  (Read 2100 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Theobald injured out of Saturday's friendly.
« on: March 21, 2007, 03:49:21 PM »
Theobald injured out of Saturday's friendly.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Senior team, already minus several of its well known overseas-based professionals will go into Saturday’s friendly international against Guadeloupe without the services of captain Densill Theobald.
The former Falkirk midfielder, the only World Cup player in the current squad selected by Wim Rijsbergen suffered a knee injury following a late challenge by Petrotrin player Chevaughn Frederick in a training match at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Wednesday.
The injury occurred in the first half and Theobald was immediately taken to hospital for x-ray and treatment. Doctors indicated that he suffered ligament damage and will be out for at least three weeks. Theobald, following Saturday’s match was scheduled to fly out on Wednesday for commitments in Austria.
“It’s disappointing but fortunately nothing is broken. The doctors said I need at least two weeks treatment and rest. My agent is aware of it and the trip to Austria will need to be rescheduled,” Theobald told TTFF Media.
The scrimmage ended 1-1 with a late Trent Noel equalizer for the national team after Rijsbergen changed his team at half time. Also missing was Andrei Pacheco, who got a late call for a trial to MLS team Columbus Crew and left the country on Wednesday. He is not be available for Saturday’s match against Guadeloupe which is being sponsored by Digicel.
The T&T team is currently preparing for upcoming CONCACAF Gold Cup in which it faces United States, Guatemala and El Salvador in the opening group phase from June 6 in Boston and California.
There was some better news regarding Silvio Spann who has been out of action after undergoing shoulder surgery in Brazil in January. Spann is involved in preseason training with W Connection and said he will start the season with the 2006 Caribbean Club Champions.
“The doctors have given good reports on the progress of the shoulder since the surgery and I am heading towards full readiness for the start of the Pro League season. I am looking forward to that and my next aim is to make the team for the Gold Cup in June,” Spann said.
Also stopping by at the training session was Southampton striker Kenwyne Jones who is in the country with the international break on. Jones took some time to touch base with some of his local teammates, adding that while he was enjoying the time home, he was anticipating the restart of the League with his club’s chances of making the playoffs for Premiership promotion still very much alive. Southampton are eighth on the table and next face Wolverhampton Wanderers on March 31.

Portsmouth open up talks for Peltier

English Premiership club Portsmouth have indicated their intentions to open up negotiations for CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh striker Lester Peltier.
The National Under 20 striker, was scheduled to return from England on Wednesday but had his flight pushed back because of passport problems and will now arrive later in the week. But Jabloteh head coach Terry Fenwick was least worried over Peltier’s passport woes as he revealed that Portsmouth have declared their interest in the player. Also in line, according to Fenwick, have been Arsenal and Cardiff City.
“CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh will enter discussions with Portsmouth and the individuals doing the talking will be chairman Jerry Hospedales and vice chairman Wilfred Espinet,” Fenwick said. “The club has shown that they are interested in the lad and we are awaiting the outcome of this.”
The former England international also shared news that midfielder Aurtis Whitley continues to impress at Vietnamese club Hoàng Anh Gia Lai (HAGL) arriving there last week. Whitley scored and set up three goals in a training match on Thursday. “The management of the clubs seems delighted with him and he’s being treated like Royalty there at the moment.”
And this week also, Jabloteh announced the signing of Tobago-born defender Dwayne Jack. The former Tobago United player cemented a spot in the team during the recent Digicel Cup and is in the current national squad.
“We think we have got now one of the best centre backs in Trinidad and Tobago. He’s big, quick and strong and as a coach I think with better development he can move on to bigger things,” Fenwick said. He could become formidable for Jabloteh and the national team once we can get him thinking and doing it the way like the other guys at Jabloteh. He could be a force at the back with players like Cyd Gray, Ian Gray and Nigel Daniel.”

« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 06:03:38 AM by Flex »
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
Re: Theobald injured out of Saturday's friendly
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 04:43:42 PM »
hard luck theobald you will get them in gold cup ;)
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 06:39:24 PM »
Hard luck Densill... god thing is corn curls keep attracting attention :beermug:

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 08:19:17 PM »
No Yorke, or no Theobald means no holding midfielder which means difficult for ball to flow in Guadeloupe.... which means trouble. Steuppssssss! >:(
Most unfortunate for Theo to geh injured at this time.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 10:58:30 PM »

hard luck in truth. hope he get well soon den...

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 01:52:19 AM »
No Yorke, or no Theobald means no holding midfielder which means difficult for ball to flow in Guadeloupe.... which means trouble. Steuppssssss! >:(
Most unfortunate for Theo to geh injured at this time.

And no Hardest  ;D it may seem funny but think about it in truth :thinking:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Theobald injured out of Saturday's friendly.
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 05:26:55 AM »
Wait Wait Wait   am i seeing a good field???

unbelivable i thought we will never see a decent looking field again

it looking sweet

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 07:02:21 AM »
Is that Silvio Spann I'm seeing in the green kit, looking like a W-Conn training uniform????

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 07:37:38 AM »
Is that Silvio Spann I'm seeing in the green kit, looking like a W-Conn training uniform????

You saying that like if u not sure!!

Theo's legs looked real boney dey!

lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>