April 24, 2024, 08:15:54 AM

Author Topic: The German Bundesliga Football Thread  (Read 38725 times)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
The German Bundesliga Football Thread
« on: March 22, 2007, 05:53:41 AM »
I think this league is Very Underrated

I find this league more entertaining than Serie A (I'm using Serie A as an example because too many people say this is the best league (I think the Premiership is)) , don't get me wrong the Serie A has good football but It just seems to be the smaller teams in the Bundesliga put up more of a fight against bigger teams which I think makes it a more challenging league plus I feel the atmosphere in the stadiums are much better. Alot of players in the German league are talented and I feel they would contribute alot to the bigger teams in Champions League.

If I was a footballer I would prefer to go to Bundesliga rather than Serie A maybe I would prefer to go to Bundesliga over La Liga as well!. The Bundesliga seems more challenging (especially this year with Bayern not dominating)

Anyway Is the Bundesliga Underrated Do you agree or do you think I am talking out of the depths of my kakahole ??

(Even if you think I am my opinion wont change though I believe there is much more of a argument between Spanish League and Bundesliga)

Discuss...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 04:56:56 PM by Flex »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bundesliga
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 06:59:05 AM »
As a fan I find the Bundesliga the most entertaining league.
Some may argue about tactics and skill levels. But the games are generally open and free flowing. 

Best league? That is subjective judgment I think.  The best league is the one you enjoy looking at the most.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 07:10:13 AM »
the budesliga is my favorite euro league behind ligue 1 and the EPL.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 07:21:15 AM »
bundesliga rocks...always
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 07:53:54 AM »
the budesliga is my favorite euro league behind ligue 1 and the EPL.

Same here.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 09:09:28 AM »
Bundesliga is entertaining, I liked Werder Bremen, when they had Micoud, Frings, Ailton and Klose in attack.

Bundesliga gets a lot of Brazilians and basically all the good Eastern European players.

Serie A was king in the 90's.  They real gone down now, some players even choosing Serie B over Serie A.:devil:

Offline Papachunks

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 09:46:09 AM »
Bundesliga is entertaining, I liked Werder Bremen, when they had Micoud, Frings, Ailton and Klose in attack.

Bundesliga gets a lot of Brazilians and basically all the good Eastern European players.

Serie A was king in the 90's. They real gone down now, some players even choosing Serie B over Serie A.:devil:

Haha Serie B over Serie A....that would be a scene.

I find both the Bundesliga and Ligue 1 underrated, teams like Werder Bremen, Bayern, Stuttgart, real stick out. And i love bremen's attacking style, dey does throw everyting forward.

Ligue 1 on the other hand, teams like Lyon, lens, lille, marseille, real mash up too. Long time now LYon been mashing up in the champions. I cyah wait for the day they win it.

Jah bless

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 01:47:34 PM »
Unfortunately the Bundesliga has been on the decline for the last few years, it just doesn't generate the TV money and other forms of revenue the the EPL, Serie A and La Liga does.  Few German clubs have had much money to spend on players and several have lost their big name stars to other leagues, the one exception has been Bayern Munich, no. 7 on the richest clubs list.  Not surprisingly the Bundesliga has increasingly become a one horse race with Bayern winning 7 of the last 10 Championships with no other club winning it more than once in the same period.

This season Bayern Munich seem to be having an off season as they are currently 4th and 9 points off first place (currently held by Schalke the only other German club in the top 20 richest clubs) but Bayern has come back from a greater deficit to win the league before.

The top 20 list of richest clubs (based on income) is as follows:

1(2) Real Madrid £186.2m
2(1) Man Utd £166.4m
3(3) AC Milan £158m
4(5) Juventus £154.9m
5(4) Chelsea £149.1m
6(7) Barcelona £140.4m
7(9) Bayern Munich £128m
8(10) Liverpool £122.4m
9(8) Inter Milan £119.7m
10(6) Arsenal £115.7m
11(12) Roma £89m
12(11) Newcastle £87.1m
13(14) Spurs £70.6m
14(17) Schalke £65.8m
15(-) Lyon £62.7m
16(13) Celtic £62.6m
17(16) Man City £60.9m
18(-) Everton £60m
19(-) Valencia £57.2m
20(15) Lazio £56.1m

8 teams are from England
5 teams from Italy
3 from Spain
2 from Germany
1 each from Scotland and France

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 11:10:41 AM »
As a fan I find the Bundesliga the most entertaining league.
Some may argue about tactics and skill levels. But the games are generally open and free flowing. 

Best league? That is subjective judgment I think.  The best league is the one you enjoy looking at the most.

this is my second favorite league...after the prem...to watch. Great Football :beermug: :beermug:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2007, 12:40:58 PM »
The Bundesliga is not my fave, but it does generate the biggest crowds per game in Europe...surprisingly bigger than the EPL, Spain and Italy. Also, Dortmund and not Bayern, draws the biggest home attendances per game. I could watch Bremen play anyone, but otherwise, I'm not that interested. In the end, the Bundesliga does not quite have the same global appeal as the 'Top 3' and therefore does not generate the kind of revenue from marketing and TV rights and therefore does not attract as many of the biggest foreign stars as the EPL or La Liga (Serie once monopolized the best foreigners but that is far frm the case now)....When it was announced that germany was going to host the WC, the crowd support began to grow. Also, germany's great showing at the Wc and the fact that some of their WC stars are still in the Bundesliga has propeled its popularity in a big way amongst locals.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Bundesliga Roundup, Aug. 11
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 02:06:23 PM »
Bundesliga Roundup, Aug. 11 
Associated Press, Updated 1 hour ago   STORY TOOLS:                         

print   
send   
blog     LIKE THIS STORY?

BERLIN (AP) - Miroslav Klose scored two goals and set up the third for a rebuilt Bayern Munich to start its Bundesliga season Saturday with a convincing 3-0 win against Hansa Rostock.

Bayern, the title favorite, started at a furious pace in steady rain and was rewarded in the 14th minute when Luca Toni scored from close range after a pass from Klose.
Klose scored in the 66th after a mistake by Rostock goalkeeper Stefan Waechter, and he also got the third goal with a powerful header in the 85th after outjumping three Rostock defenders. It was his 99th goal in Germany's top division.

Bayern lined up five new players after a Bundesliga record spending spree of €70 million (US$96.7 million) on new players.

European Leagues 
Photo Galleries
Euro Action, Aug. 11
Euro Action, May 26-27

Euro Previews/Roundups
PL: Saturday
Serie A:
La Liga:
Bundesliga: Friday | Saturday
Ligue 1: Saturday
SPL: Saturday
Eredivise:

Support your favorite team with official club gear from the Fox Soccer Shop! 

Europe Front >

"I'm relieved at the win, the expectations are huge," Bayern coach Ottmar Hitzfeld said of his team. "We weren't really challenged. That will happen next week against (Werder) Bremen. There will be some hate in that game."

Bremen lost a bitter fight to keep Klose, the World Cup's top scorer. The Germany forward was one of Bayern's most expensive new players behind Toni and France's World Cup star Franck Ribery.

Newly promoted Rostock has a season budget equal to the €25 million (US$34 million) transfer fee spent on Toni and the lack of money led the club to scout Germany's third division to sign low-cost players.

"Toni really stirs things up in the area. That gives Klose more room to show his skills," Hitzfeld said.

Bremen, another title hopeful, gave up two goals in less than two minutes against VfL Bochum to settle for a 2-2 draw in a fast crowd-pleasing match.

Bremen scored after Diego converted a penalty kick in the 39th and newcomer Boubacar Sanogo, chosen to try and fill the void left by Klose, also scored in the 45th. Bochum leveled with goals by Stanislav Sestak in the 47th and Tommy Bechmann two minutes later.

Bremen has nine injured players heading into Wednesday's Champions League qualification match against Dynamo Zagreb and Saturday at home against Bayern.

"We will have to see who we will have on the field," Bremen coach Thomas Schaaf said. "Against Bayern, we have to win at home. They have a very good team."

advertisement

STORY TOOLS:                         

print   
send   
blog     LIKE THIS STORY?

Arminia Bielefeld spoiled former Bayern coach Felix Magath's debut for VfL Wolfsburg with a 3-1 win.

Magath demanded a free hand to rebuild the club and reshuffled the roster with a lot of young German talent, but the club looked confused on the pitch.

"Bielefeld was more confident from the start and we were nervous and never got over it," Magath said. "I think it's because there has been so much upheaval in the team, with so many new players and the preparation time is so short."

Artur Wichniarek scored in the 38th for Bielefeld, Christian Eigler in the 51st and Oliver Kirch in the 80th. Wolfsburg's Sergiu Radus scored a consolation goal four minutes later.

In other games, it was: Leverkusen 0, Cottbus 0; Hannover 96 0, Hamburg 1; and Frankfurt 1, Hertha Berlin 0.

On Friday, defending champion Stuttgart drew 2-2 against Schalke.

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Bundesliga Roundup, Aug. 11
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 02:08:09 PM »
people does talk about rooney,drogba and eto but this man,klose, is as deadly as they come.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 02:29:39 PM »
yeah, he is thunder...amd bayern have him as well as that ogre toni...pressure!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 02:49:19 PM »
Hansa is a newly-promoted squad or sumting?

Klose is the real deal...

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Bundesliga
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 02:49:03 PM »
I don't generally watch German League, but out of necessity I have watched 3 games and all three was real exciting. So much attacking football, the whole game seem to be end to end.
Today Leverkusen vs Schalke was the same, with Leverkusen keeper putting on a fine show.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 02:54:29 PM »
That is how it normally goes. I trying to tell men long time that the Bundesliga is the most entertaining ball on tv. Notice I eh say best league, but the most entertaining.

They play a game that is more open and the difference in quality for teh teams isn't as great as say the EPL, so every game is a contest, even the blowouts.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bundesliga Action
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 02:14:15 PM »
Hamburg v Bayern on GolTv now.  (yes, I'm "working from home")

This is a good game to restart action after the winter break.

Bayern started slowly, Hamburg looking good. Jol must be so glad Hotspur let him go.

Toni has a goal called back on a bogus call. Even though Ray bawling down the place, and it was clearly a bad call, the whistle blew before Toni took the shot.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bundesliga Action
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 02:46:56 PM »
Jol have these guys fired up. Bayern under real pressure to start the 2nd half.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 03:04:27 PM »
Now Klinsmann have Altintop playing right back. He having a rough time back there.

Now Luca Toni miss a sitter! Bent could have score that!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2009, 03:11:53 PM »
Look Landon Donovan coming on to sweat.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 03:16:49 PM »
Ray: Luca Toni goes down like a big wet girl.

Offline FineMan

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 03:22:36 PM »
Like you're the only man watching the game or wha.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2009, 03:28:17 PM »
Like you're the only man watching the game or wha.

Bundesliga doh get much love on this board.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2009, 03:46:43 PM »
i prefer bundesliga to d epl...i dont like d epl ra ra ra an is jus shit football playin...bundesliga top middle an bottom games mor entertainin

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2009, 03:54:34 PM »
Hamburg v Bayern on GolTv now.  (yes, I'm "working from home")

This is a good game to restart action after the winter break.

Bayern started slowly, Hamburg looking good. Jol must be so glad Hotspur let him go.

Toni has a goal called back on a bogus call. Even though Ray bawling down the place, and it was clearly a bad call, the whistle blew before Toni took the shot.

Seeing dat yuh on dat side ah de world, keep we up dated on Gay games, so we cud show de yute some love and support. He not in de top flight division, but he did well to secure a contract in Europe, cuz nuff men went out foreign and came back empty handed. Large up to another ELDO product, it is not de school I attended, but it is a five minutes walk from my parents house and where I lived for many years. I member jumping de fence many times to see ELDO games, ah used tuh sneak in from de Caura river side and from de western part ah de field  :-[  ;D. Ah used bounce up nuff ah dem players in de Caura river, ah wouldn't do meh bois dat and call dem out here. It doh matter any way, cuz dey are all doing well for themselves right now  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.  
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 03:56:02 PM »
i prefer bundesliga to d epl...i dont like d epl ra ra ra an is jus shit football playin...bundesliga top middle an bottom games mor entertainin

Pass de crack pipe to de left now  8). HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 04:03:16 PM »
In division 2. Jamal's club RWO vs Koblenz ended scoreless today. As expected he didn't play.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2009, 11:14:00 AM »
ah guess everybody entitled to their own opinion,EVEN THOUGH IT RETARDED. :devil:

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2009, 11:28:25 AM »

Pass de crack pipe to de left now  8). HIGHLY BLESSED.

Statistically the Bundesliga is the most attacking league in Europe in the last 4-5 years.  Overall the play is very open and exciting
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bundesliga
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2009, 11:07:47 AM »
I know people on the forum don't really watch the German league, but Bayern and Dortmund going at it. Pretty much end to end stuff. The top of the table tight as well so five even six teams have a chance.
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>