April 25, 2024, 12:11:28 PM

Author Topic: The German Bundesliga Football Thread  (Read 38757 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Bundesliga
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2009, 01:28:15 PM »

Donovan unlikely to extend with Bayern

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9230914/Donovan-unlikely-to-extend-with-Bayern

MUNICH (AP) - Landon Donovan is unlikely to stay with Bayern Munich on a longer contract once his loan expires in mid-March, according to the club's chairman.

Donovan practiced with Bayern in December and then joined the German champions during the Bundesliga's winter break, in a loan deal similar to the one his Los Angeles Galaxy teammate David Beckham has with AC Milan. The loan expires March 15.

"Donovan is an interesting player," Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge told the Munich newspaper TZ in an interview published Tuesday. "But when you have Klose, Toni and Olic already under contract, we think the fourth player (striker) should really be a young player with perspective."

Miroslav Klose and Luca Toni are Bayern's starting strikers, while Hamburg's Ivica Olic has been signed as a free agent for next season. Backup striker Lukas Podolski is returning to FC Cologne at the end of the season.

After arriving at Bayern, Donovan said he would be interested in a longer contract. He scored four goals in practice games and has made four appearances, all as a substitute, in the Bundesliga and the German Cup, without scoring.

Donovan failed to break through in two earlier Bundesliga stints, both with Bayer Leverkusen.

Bayern has just given 19-year-old forward Thomas Mueller a full contract until the end of the 2010-11 season. Mueller has been playing for Bayern's reserves.

Another player from the reserves, defender Holger Badstuber, also got a similar contract.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2009, 02:12:35 PM »
Young, outstanding, or both... those are the criteria.

Donovan appears to be neither in the eyes of Rummenigge
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2009, 03:36:02 PM »
Bayern real cut up Sporting Lisbon in today's CL match.

But shhhh keep it quiet, no EPL team playing in this one.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2009, 03:38:43 PM »
Bayern real cut up Sporting Lisbon in today's CL match.

But shhhh keep it quiet, no EPL team playing in this one.
dey cud well b d darkhorse look out fuh dem

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2009, 04:27:52 PM »
BAYERN vs SPORTING

The only Champion's League round of 16 game that is definitely over after the 1st leg. Mercy rule should go into effect and scrap the 2nd leg and not waste people time and money  :devil:

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2009, 02:26:02 PM »
Anybody associated with Sporting will roll up into a feotal position at the mention of the word "Bayern".

8-0 aggregate and the first half eh done yet.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2009, 02:49:33 PM »
Anybody associated with Sporting will roll up into a feotal position at the mention of the word "Bayern".

actual, they past the foetal position and are officially curled up like a congorie

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2009, 02:50:53 PM »

actual, they past the foetal position and are officially curled up like a congorie

over in de next thread, it look like real doing the same  :'(
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2009, 02:51:35 PM »
bayern leadin 4-1 at de half.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2009, 03:42:38 PM »
7-1!
12 - 1 aggregate.
A beatdown of epic proportions. Joe Public ent even get beat so!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2009, 09:43:56 PM »
wait, no mention of the 5 bayern colleck from Wolfsburg this weekend??

That game was real good. As for Grafite's goal below......

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pUvzatmuEyw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pUvzatmuEyw</a>

well that could be the goal of many seasons..

What make this game kicksy is that former Bayern coach Felix Magath coaching Wolfsburg now.. and the man grind he axe in full view.. 88th minute, he sub the keeper and bring on the reserve keeper for a cobo sweat yes..  :rotfl:

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2009, 09:56:50 PM »
wait, no mention of the 5 bayern colleck from Wolfsburg this weekend??

That game was real good. As for Grafite's goal below......

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pUvzatmuEyw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pUvzatmuEyw</a>

well that could be the goal of many seasons..

What make this game kicksy is that former Bayern coach Felix Magath coaching Wolfsburg now.. and the man grind he axe in full view.. 88th minute, he sub the keeper and bring on the reserve keeper for a cobo sweat yes..  :rotfl:

Yep.  Was saying the same thing yesterday:  he well beat he former team.  I guess his VERY workmanlike approach to the game was not good enough for Bayern.  Magath is known for having intense preseasons, where players start off not touching the ball at all, and they do a lot of resistance training starting off...

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2009, 09:01:47 PM »
I now watch that Bayern game on GolTv.
Klinsmann sit down at the end with a little jackass smile on his face.

That 2nd Grafite goal was just sick.

The youtube get pulled check it here http://footballblips.dailyradar.com/video/gol_wolfsburg_vs_bayern_monaco_5_1/

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2011, 04:30:11 PM »
anybody know any of them borussia dortmund players??  them fellas running away with the league.  i was watching a lil bit of the game against leverkusen today and watching the line ups i saying waaay, what a great story for football, a team without plenty hype, big name players just licksing men all over.    the funny thing is that even if they win they go pop down just like wolfsburg and others in the past.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2011, 06:53:26 PM »
anybody know any of them borussia dortmund players??  them fellas running away with the league.  i was watching a lil bit of the game against leverkusen today and watching the line ups i saying waaay, what a great story for football, a team without plenty hype, big name players just licksing men all over.    the funny thing is that even if they win they go pop down just like wolfsburg and others in the past.

if they keep their players together they have a chance of repeating next semester and doin well in champions league..klopp hav dem fellas runnin some good ball...they may hav to tie their best players to some firmer contracts tho...imagin one of their midfield generals Sahin..his buyout clause is 6-8 mil..

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2011, 07:08:34 PM »

if they keep their players together they have a chance of repeating next semester and doin well in champions league..klopp hav dem fellas runnin some good ball...they may hav to tie their best players to some firmer contracts tho...imagin one of their midfield generals Sahin..his buyout clause is 6-8 mil..

I hearing rell good things about him.. he is apparently very similar to Cesc and is very highly rated...

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2011, 08:07:03 AM »
hm 9:30 is wolfsburg vs bayern munich....battle of the former champs...i feel i go take een dat one instead of meh usual epl

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2011, 09:50:00 AM »
Yeah, but Dzeko playing for Man City this morning. Wolfsburg will miss that firepower. Grafite still there, but they ent have the same magic they had when they won a couple seasons ago.

giggsy11

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2011, 09:52:05 AM »
hm 9:30 is wolfsburg vs bayern munich....battle of the former champs...i feel i go take een dat one instead of meh usual epl

Ribery geh injured agaaaaain!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2011, 01:01:16 PM »
Watching Bayern vs Dortmund... scouting mission, Sahin and Gotze, 2 players United linked with

Sahin, fantastic player, Turkish version of Fabregas ... he will be a hit in any top team.. What I like about him is he plays CM in a 4-4-2 which is what United play 75% time... but he is technically gifted, moving the ball around, plays with great speed, no sticking on the ball.

Modric to me is the ideal choice but he should be back up should we fail with a Modric offer

Sign him up Fergie!

Gotze is a young talented Attacking midfielder.. looking lively but not in the game as much as Sahin who is running the show as Dortmund lead 3-1 in Munich.. he also scored a great 30 yard effort... quite a player

Game going good though..Munich like they still thinking about their mission in the San Siro , they started well but now looking poor.

giggsy11

« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2011, 04:10:56 PM »
Jah willing we move on in the CL; Bayern is one side I hope we don't face. That side has serious talent and they know how to get results.

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2011, 04:38:06 PM »
How allyuh does watch bundesliga games? I always like seein those teams play in CL and wanted to watch the big game today. I hear BVB runnin some real good ball but I want to see for myself. And of course I like to watch Bayern when I can.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2011, 04:44:46 PM »
How allyuh does watch bundesliga games? I always like seein those teams play in CL and wanted to watch the big game today. I hear BVB runnin some real good ball but I want to see for myself. And of course I like to watch Bayern when I can.

GolTV

giggsy11

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2011, 04:46:05 PM »

Games are on Gol Tv if you in the states. Not sure what it on in T&T.

giggsy11

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2011, 09:50:54 AM »
Wey-this thread was buried on the 20th page! Bundesliga wide open this season; great talent thru out the league.  Bayern just scored in injury time to beat Wolfsburg.

I will be keeping an eye on Neuer for Bayern; want to see if he can adjust to playing fro Bayern . Read somewhere after he let in a soft goal that he has a hard time focusing for long periods when he doesn't have to make a save. And that he isuse to making a lot of saves when he played FC Schalke. Damn he might be Ben Foster in disguise! What would he have done if he had come to United because their goalies usually don't have a lot of saves to make.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2011, 10:15:28 AM »
Bundesliga wide open as always, Shalke loss 3-0 last week, beat Koln 5-1 today. Never a dull moment.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2011, 10:34:04 AM »
What about Dortmund won big vs Hamburg then lost to Hoffenheim today.

Dortmund's knock in the first game was really sweet. 

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2011, 11:00:18 AM »
Thanks for bringing this back.

Bundesliga is the best league after EPL and La Liga. The knock in that league is breathless, end to end with plenty pace and action. Plus plenty teams evenly matched unlike La Liga and Serie A.

I think this league will be up there with EPL in the next few years.

I only wish Sportsmax or FSC used to carry it.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2011, 12:14:50 PM »

Bundesliga is the best league after EPL and La Liga. The knock in that league is breathless, end to end with plenty pace and action. Plus plenty teams evenly matched unlike La Liga and Serie A.

agreed

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2011, 12:59:53 PM »

I have to agree. End to end all out attacking football
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>